Have you ever played an old man character?

Have you ever played an old man character?

Wuzzat? Speak up son, I can't hear ya!

Yes, and I made sure to remind everyone to sit down and drink their GODDAMN tea.

Yes, Old People are pretty fucking based to play as because they give 0 fucks

>play older paladin
>white hair, white beard
>believe in COURAGE as the ultimate good
>those who are evil lack COURAGE
>refuse to adventure with those who have souls filled with FEAR and COWARDICE
>drink beer like an OG and doesn't afraid of anything
>swat orcs with hammer

I miss Ser Leonas

>don't like the way the game is going
>roll to die of old age

I've always wanted to play an old retired thief with a ton of tricks. wears an eye patch has a missing hand and a peg leg. lockpicks hidden all over. ropes, marbles, oil, a long stick and a ridiiculous dungeneiring skills.
he plays a beggar on the streets and has contacts and enemies by the dozens.

>dungeneiring

You're already on the internet, man. Can't you be bothered to look this kind of shit up?

Yeah, though he technically wasn't a man anymore by the time of the campaign
He was a legendary blacksmith who strove to make the strongest sword in the world, and succeeded so hard that the sword sucked his soul out of his body and kept it there

Somehow he retained his consciousness though, so he just lived as a talking sword and had his lazy, not-interested-in-swordsmanship daughter (another PC) swing him around while he shouted insults and made fun of young people
Said daughter was also deadpan all the time and rarely talked except in haiku, which was often insulting or derogatory in nature, so they had unreal bantz with each other and were an unstoppable shittalk duo against enemies

It was a weird campaign, if a short-lived one

Yes. He sees the rest of the party as nieces and nephew, since his family was killed as revenge for him bailing on the Azur Alliance.
He's more than happy to give them all sorts of custom-made gear to help on their adventure, and is their healer.
He's still not the oldest among their circle, though. That'd be his dragon mentor/gf Manah Razz

Yes. Quite often, actually. Well-played allows some quirkyness without seeming crazy or random; some tiredness, distance or dejection without welcoming edge.

Playing an old professor in a Marvel Game. He is a hoot to play. People just think he is a harmless old man. But he transforms into the Iron Turk and kicks evil doers ass.

I played an old woman once.

She was a former elven gunbunny street sam who, in an interesting turn of events, found that she actually liked her bartending cover job. So after her glorydays of Running, gunning, and seducing, she just laid back and managed her bar, until Horizon took it over and repurposed it into another restaurant.

She entered the group pissed off, uncouth, and running low on calcium supplements.

She also cooked for the party, and whoever we happened to have taken hostage, during downtime, her cakss were without equal.

Oh yeah, that old trucker of mine with a penchant for strippers in schoolgirl uniforms and the running speed of a Kenyan teen.

He was almost an anti-Old Man Henderson,the kind of guy who looks at supernatural shit and says, "Yes, this has happened, and since no one will miss me, I will investigate".

Mark Odin Tarrence, you were an old badass. Like, I could have used Clint Eastwood as your profile picture, and everyone at the table would have said "Yeah, that's how I already pictured him."

Yup, ran him back in an old Eberron game. Artificer into Wand Adept into Master Alchemist.

Dragon Marked House Cannith Excoriate.

About to start a campaign, DM (new) told me to roll up 7d20d1 for stats.

20/19/17/6/8/7

So I'm making dexmonk, with 6 STR, and 7 CON because I am using 17 on CHA. 19 is for Wis.

I explained it by being a very very old man, who walks around with a long walking stick (quarterstaff) and is very good at dodging.

Yes. An ex-military Warmage mercenary with a peg leg, a notable enjoyment of spiced rum, and a thick German accent.

Yep, they always have the best potential for story imo.

One guy I played in WFRP2e was a Bretonnian Errant Knight from the Border Princes who was like 60 years old, and would always share stories about the glory of knighthood and bretonnia.

Twist: He was a farmer from a defunct house who decided to sell everything to repair his family weapons and armour and try and become a knight.

Twist 2: He's never been to Bretonnia, he only shares stories about it told to him from his father, a Grail Knight who renounced his vows and descended to alcoholism, scaring the young boy into never testing his faith in what his better ideal of his father had told him.

My god.

That's an amazing character concept, and any campaign that allows it must be wicked.

>being a level 1 character over the age of 20

You're a beautiful fa/tg/uy and I'll have to steal your character concept because it's so awe inspiring.

>Iron Turk

>Not having the character be called "The Young Turk", so old that the name of the organization was taken from him.

Come now.

I did up an old retired sea captain in Ryuutama. When he was young he exchanged letters with a pretty young woman he met at a small seaside town, until one day the letters stopped. He thought she had settled down and married and so he decided not to continue writing to her thinking it would be improper. When he finally retired and moved back to his hometown he found a letter dated many years back from the harbormaster of that little seaside town, saying that she had taken ill suddenly and died that winter.

His journey was to the grave site of the woman he would have married had he not stayed a sailor. He was a kindly character who would try to give advice to the younger characters whenever he felt he had a lesson to share, and loved telling them stories of his adventures at sea.

I played a family woman mech pilot in a party of hotheaded robot show archetypes.

The campaign ended up her journey from patriotic recruit to a noble cause to frantic, bitter veteran clinging to her childhood love of mech anime to convince herself that despite numerous betrayals and defeats robots were still good and her cause was just.

She exited the campaign taking her mech out alone to rescue her captured family, an inspirational speech from her childhood favourite character pinned to the control panel, never to return.

Played an elderly, crotchety gnome who decided to go take up magic and be a badass once in his life. Did pretty well, then I had him decide not to die and run off before a planned encounter with a red dragon. Probably my best rp to date, had a voice for him and everything.

>ITT: shit that never happened

I thought it was Nash at the thumbnail

I played a 57 year old half-elf bard, who insists he's not old because of the general longevity of elves.

It's become a running gag for players or NPCs to call him "old man", with him trying to justify that he's not /that/ old.

I played a young upstart orc with my planned development arc going towards unifying a bunch of tribes and becoming old man king. Never materialized, but I guess I'll revive him one day as an NPC, and then I will have.

They were literally a genocidal organization, though. Doesn't seem like the nicest group to take a name from.

I used to play an older, retired warrior who became a priest.

This wasn't because of an exhaustion with violence - his body was starting to slowdown and he really wanted to keep fighting well into old age, so putting his fate in the hands of his god enabled him to keep fighting well into advanced age.

(He followed a god of war)

When did he ever say the character started at level 1..

Yeah, I had a character who used to be a bodyguard to a noble's son until said son was killed in battle. Consumed by grief, made worse by a young stableboy he'd taken a liking to getting a lance to the face in an ambush, he's been wandering the countryside doing odd jobs and mercenary work.

>when you really need to post anime on Veeky Forums but you can't be bothered to read the post

>when you think Veeky Forums isn't an anime board

>Centuries-old elven wizard
>So old, his temples are starting to gray
>Basically spent his entire life doing accountant work, with the arcane arts as a hobby he picked up along the way
>Ended up roped into the party because his employer needed him to help them track down some dodgy ledgers that belonged to a rival
>Every caster he runs into finds themselves having to resist the sheer intimidation factor of an old elven caster who reeks of ink and paper

Character ended up continuing the adventurer thing because he wanted to pack as much of that lifestyle as he could into his life, to prepare for the journey westward and into retirement.

Ah yes, Professor Sebastian Kingsley. Known to the party as Kingsley. He was the tactician class in pathfinder, was 73, and liked men but didn't care about sex at all, he could have become a wizard twice. Mainly sat in the wagon during combat with his encyclopedia, and called out to the party to direct them and advise, but he barely did more than occasionally shoot a crossbow.

I played an old country doctor in a WoD mortals game. Good times.

Cid is 32.

My Twilight is in his sixties. Everyone else is in their twenties at the earliest. I make him complain about his knees and young people whenever I have an excuse.

Once played a Wizened Soldier in a Changeling the Lost LARP. He was a homeless Vietnam Vet who got taken by the fae during the '80's (always read the fine print if the soup kitchen gives you a paper to sign). He was actually a lot of fun to play, entertaining/annoying other characters with his quips, anecdotes, and war stories. I actually did a fair bit of research to make it that much more authentic.

I thought of playing as an old man cleric/paladin who exorcises demons by beating them with a cane

I'd also like playing a guy who's kinda like sojiro from P5

I was just about to post that.

The English translation makes him seem to be hitting 50 if not 60

>be running what began as a one-off PF campaign
>decide to forgo making my usual fighter and roll a cleric to be the group's healer
>get shit for playing a healslut
>decide to go a different route
>cleric ends up being a 64-year-old former commander turned man of God
>despite being lawful good, he was generally a misogynist and advocated beating misbehaving children
>also extremely racist against those heathen knife ears
>somehow finagle doing evil shit because it was morally ambiguous enough to be construed as good
>enjoy the campaign enough to continue playing it
>through pious dickbaggery, he ends up becoming the pope

Started rolling old, angry men after that.

Yep.

To-P'Qeq, a Lizardman Old Blood Paragon Rassler. Bashed in skulls for about a hundred years till civilization came about, became a blood bowl champion, retired after a steroid scandal, and enjoyed a happily married life for another century and a half.

But then, his wife died to greyscale, his kids all grew up to be pansy-ass lawyers and accountants, and he's got nothing but an empty manor full of old trophies left.

So he picks up his favourite Blood Bowl replays, a Hawaiian shirt, and heads out into the great wheel to relive the glory days and go down swinging. He ended up being an honourary Ork, having Godzilla as his spirit animal, and becoming the reigning champion of Dis's underground fighting circuit before it was eaten by Modrons.

>Old man characters
>Cid

That doesn't look like Vincent or Nanaki to me.

Ive played two on the long term,

One from a dark heresy campaign he was a member of the ecclesiarch and would get recognized at a local brothels but would decline because of "official business"

Second was a DnD character, he was an old monk with a super long beard who lived in squalor and regularly had no shoes. But he obliterated a witch in one go, essentially just dhalsim with a beard. Hed keep a drawing of a pair of crudely drawn boobs as his memento and was hit on by changelings...

Just play Burning Wheel. The older you are the more powerful you are.

>Be grandfather
>Love all of my children and grandchildren dearly
>My eldest son, a stout man apprenticed to a blacksmith, and his two sons die from plague
>His younger brother, my second eldest and a man who could never contain his curiosity to learn new things and see new sights, becomes an adventurer and is killed by a trap he didn't notice while exploring an ancient tomb. His fiance and teammate, pregnant with his child, disappears without a trace after she brought back what remained of his corpse to be buried.
>My first daughter, a somewhat plain girl who was none the less swept up in a whirlwind romance with a traveling merchant, was caught in an orc raid along with her husband and three children. After the orcs slaughtered her husband and children, she slit her own throat to avoid being taken captive.
>My youngest daughter, a sweet and innocent girl who fell in love with the baker, died in childbirth, and her infant daughter died from illness less than a year later
>My wife passes away in her sleep. Her last days were filled with tears over our lost children and grandchildren.
>Rage at the world for what happened to my family, rage at the injustice of it all.
>Finally break down and cry
>Intend to take my own life, but something stops me
>Dig through the basement for the last thing my son made before his death, a plain sword for a mercenary who never returned to pick it up when it was finished.
>Perhaps he died from the plague as well.
>The sword is rusted in some places, and has gone dull with age and lack of care, but it will do.
>Strap a sachel full of provisions and supplies to my back, and the sword in a poorly-made sheath I stitched together myself.
>Maybe even these old bones can make a difference for someone, somewhere.
>If I can save just one person from the loss that I've felt.
>Then maybe I can make the world just a little more Good and Just.

I mean, sort of. Pic related. Let just say my friends were NOT pleased by his antics