Wizard's soul

NEW CHAPTER CAME OUT TODAY(yesterday) LET'S READ IT BOYS.

the color didn't last long.

>MLD in a monogreen deck.

c-cute

There's a fucking manga about Magic ?!! Is it like official ? How come Wizard of the coast hasn't sued the author into oblivion ?

calm yourself nig. it's a magic exspy

shit, i didn't get to finish my thought before it autoposted. it's like changing mcDonald's into WacDonalds in a cartoon. The game they play in-universe is essentially magic but not actually mtg.

>read the fucking card.

christ it really is like magic.

I thought she was gonna say she could hear the heart of the cards for a bit

she's so cute.

>burn player is a literal kiddie
i love this manga

>This person is terrible
Get over yourself kid. You're learning and you should pay more attention to the wording on cards. Take the lesson and move on.

>in a tournament
>doesn't recognize a clearly meta counter to her deck's win condition
:thunk:

That has to be a bad translation, right?

and time for the after credits.

So what did you think guys? hype for the next chapter? I know i've been hyped to see her play a burn player since the start.

might be? maybe it's supposed to be sensei.

fucking scanlators, any user care to translate?

>>burn player is a literal kiddie
well duh, the fucking manabase for high-level tournament play probably costs like a car so burn is the only shit a kid like him can afford.

I'm hype since this might be only deck that poses a credible threat to our MC. Also burn kiddie is perfect

>no rape scene
what the fuck kind of manga is this?

Thanks for sharing!

I dunno, she raped that girl's deck pretty well.

>Manaka carefully pulled down komorigirl's underwear, and with a heartless smirk, she sent her fingers down to explore her prey.
>"I knew you ran a forest deck, but I didn't think you'd take it so far"

SO MUCH FORESHADOWING OF THE BURN DECK

I love how this has the stereotypical manga defeated opponents become your friends shit going on.

>Manaka enjoying herself
Immersion broken.

But it's all the better because the Protagonist isn't using their powers of friendship, they're all just decent, nice people who want the person who beat them to continue winning.

Manaka is absolutely clueless as to why they're being buddy buddy with her.

Imagine it as taking place in Komigiri's mind.

...Shit, that's basically Food Wars with card games.

Watch as she T1 drops the setting equivalent of Chalice of the Void or some shit.

Yeah, but it's not card games, so there's a chance.

If you can find the untranslated version anywhere, look for マスター or something that looks similar. If you see that, then it's literally the english word "master".

They did. Originally it was straight up MTG but Wizards of the Coast flexed their muscle and he changed it up enough to avoid being sued.

She. The author is a woman

>the art seems familiar
>let's check
>same mangaka as SSiB
Sold.

In this manga you need to use the power of suffering to win.

Komigiri definitely has some unprofessional thoughts about the idol.

>Manaka's beaten everyone before her because they were happy people, and couldn't stand up to her suffering
>Once Manaka wins the money, she'll have the exhibition match with the Idol, her desperation to win gone and her finally being happy because her family isn't in crippling debt anymore
>Idol is actually a ball of despair and sadness from having a terrible work/life balance and not actually liking Wizard's Soul, just being extremely good at it
>Manaka gets curbstomped

Fuck the heart of the cards, I want this heart of sadness

>picks a theme
>skirts the edge of that theme to make the deck playable

Oh no this is how I build decks.

Literally Craw Wurm

Good point. It'd be more like...

>Manaka hid her face with her hand, staring at her cards to try and focus on that - trying to do anything to block out her embarrassment.
>The tournament money hadn't been enough, she'd needed more. And so she'd entered another one, more exclusive, recommended by Kusama-san.
>Obviously she'd had more of a grudge than Manaka had realised, as she sat opposite Komorigiri once again - who was blushing furiously.
>Strip Wizard's Soul
>Manaka drew another card to try and stop herself from blushing - projecting the same cold, emotionless wall that had won her so many games before.
>"I attack with all my creatures..."
>Komorigiri yelped in surprise, and then stood up to slowly slide off her panties.
>"That's... that's it then. I lose." she was now as red as a rose. And Manaka shuddered inwardly, as she knew that she had to pluck the petals from that rose.
>"Not yet."
>Komorigiri looked at where Manaka was pointing - her Dryad's Palace.
>"Owner does not lose game when they run out of life points, as long as they have a monster with Forest in its name in play. Whenever you would take damage when you have 0 life points, sacrifice a monster with Forest in its name."
>Komorigiri looked at it. And looked at her swarm of forest animals.
>"B-but... I can't take off any more clothes. I-I'm naked!" she squealed.
>Manaka's expression never changed as she stood up, and drifted behind Komorigiri. "I'll have to find another way to punish you then."
>Manaka pulled Komorigiri's hands behind her back, exposing her. She hated this, she was sure that Komorigiri would never forgive her for the violation.
>But she wouldn't win until all the Forest animals were destroyed, and until she'd punished Komorigiri for each and every one.

>Oh, and Eita and Futomin were nearby commenting on the cards and violations used.

Manaka's mom doesn't have to believe in the heart of the cards, she just has to fill the hole in her heart.

Prediction vs BURN: game one loss, game two crushing win, game three is a good old turnaround

I can't remember if this is still being serialized or not but the burn deck has been hyped up repeatedly across the chapters. If the manga is still going on in Japan I could see a loss here, if it's cancelled (and I think it was around the 30-40 mark?) then I think she wins but takes either a curbstomp loss or has a complete curbstomp victory.

I'd be neat if she lost but got picked up by a team for more events because holy shit this person we never heard of came within a hairs breath of cock punching the meta with a deck literally no one takes seriously.

She still needs the money so she has to accept and thus begins her life as a pro Wiz-Souls player and we can then have all the tasty drama of balancing school/training/friends and still trying to find the money.

Nah, that's for the dark sequel doujins written by ShindoL.

where can i read your fic

Wat?

That feels like a bit of a jump user, I was just thinking of how to progress the story with Manaka still having a reason to play. It's basically already a sports manga so I just figured that's how one of those might go.

True, thread just distracted me, and the whole set up of girl having to raise a lot of cash fast is very much something they'd go for.

Oh shit, this is actually the first chapter of the last volume. We probably only have about 4 chapters to go.

I thought it ended at 22.

Hopefully it does well enough to pick up a second series. It's a lot of fun.

A-user, I don't know how to break this to you.

Generally here.

I'll do more later. (if you have any specific requests, just say)

I'd really enjoy Roman overpowering Manaka's misery and convincing her to go on a cute date.

Sounds just like Magic.

It's rather obvious that WIzard's Souls is the alternate reality version of Magic the Gathering.
The first point of divergance is, of course, the game's name itself - when Richard Garfield couldn't get the name 'Mana Clash', he went with 'Wizard's Soul' instead of MtG. This, of course, had a few unintended side effects - Arabian Nights would've been originally Arabian Soul before sense prevailed, and there's a popular video game series called Demon/Dark Gathering.
In addition, basic lands were given exceedingly generic names to start, and not called 'lands', thus paving the way for resources in general to not represent lands, and for them to not always be plains/islands/etc.
In general, the game was an even bigger hit than Magic ever was, and thus when Chronicles came around, they were able to tell collectors to fuck off about their bitching and moaning - this means there is no reserved list, and has lead to more reprints of important cards and thus Legacy being the format of choice for major tournaments.
Maro didn't lose control of the Weatherlight Saga immediately, and with the funds for an actual dev team, the block after Tempest Block (now Mercadian Masks) didn't break the game in half - and the block afterwards didn't suffer for it. Said block was Urza's Block, and it was there, with Serra Angels and Phyrexian Demons, that angels and demons got what the real world knows as the rebel and mercenary mechanics associated with them. The association has lasted ever since.
Much of the actual rules changes are the result of their version of the 6th Edition Rules, taking a far more drastic approach to the changes.
Manaka learned to play against her mother in 2002 - this one is obvious since they're blatantly talking about Odyssey and Torment cards (and block).
Different cards and cardnames and setnames are due to everyone's favorite butterfly, of course.
If I'm counting years right they should be at somewhere around Alara block but fuck if I know

>tfw you were born in the wrong timeline to play card games with cute anime girls

I'm just interested in more of your stuff, user. Do you write anywhere else, is what I mean.

Not sure if you want lewd, so I'll just do the date for now...

>Manaka stared at the hand in front of her, almost flinching at it.
>She'd expected those she'd beaten to still be angry with her - like Eita had been. And the way she'd beaten Asahara had been merciless.
>Even when she'd met her afterwards, given Manaka her number, Manaka had expected it to have been fake - that Asahara was just putting on a brave face.
>Just like she was.
>And yet, Asahara was here, had answered the phone and come out to meet her, and...
>Manaka realised she was staring.
>"T-thank you," Manaka stammered, taking Asahara's hand in her own.
>"I'm really glad you wanted to meet up," Asahara said as she smiled, "I'm really happy to have met another Romantic player."
>Manaka wasn't sure how to respond, she bit her tongue to stop herself from making a stupid comment, or revealing how bad she was.
>She waited until her heart stopped beating so fast, and then finally spoke once more: "...Sorry."
>It was Asahara's turn to look blank, "what for?"
>"I," she paused once more, "I stole the victory that you worked so hard to create." She couldn't give voice to the idea that Asahara would hate her.
>Instead Asahara just pulled her close, into a comforting embrace. "I could never hate you, not a kindred spirit who loves the romantic win."
>Manaka couldn't stop herself, tears started seeping, flood gates opening as she started to cry.
>She so wanted to tell Asahara the truth, but she was so comforting, so kind. Maybe she could lie a little longer.

(...)

>The restaurant was deceptively quiet. Couples all around them deliberately ignored the pair of girls - highly ranked girls - enjoying their desserts.
>Of course, they would be the talk of gossip, "Two tournament talents talk tricks of the trade" or such.
>But Manaka didn't care. For once, she was enjoying herself. She gave a smile to Asahara, a weak one, but at least it was genuine. "Thank you," she said.
>Asahara smiled back, one of her wonderful, beaming, excited grins that often accompanied the sight of some rare card finally turning up in a draw.
>But here, right now, it was directed at Manaka. Just enjoying her company.
>And then Asahara grabbed her napkin, and reached for Manaka's cheek to brush away a small piece of cream. "It's you I should thank."
>She held out her hand once again, across the table. This time Manaka didn't hold back or flinch, and found her fingers interlocking with Asahara's.
>"All this time, I've only seen people play decks that are strong for the current meta. Few make it that far otherwise," she held Manaka's hand tight.
>Manaka wanted to burst into tears, "It's not..."
>But Asahara held a finger to Manaka's lips, silencing her. "But you," she blushed slightly, "well, your deck... romance is also said to be about love. And although you hide it, I can tell you have a lot of love."
>Manaka was about to deny it, but then thoughts of her dad and sisters, of her mom, of Eita, flashed through her head. Followed by Asahara's smile.
>The one she'd destroyed.
>The one in front of her now.
>The one she'd do anything to see again.
>Manaka smiled, and held onto Asahara's hand even tighter.

Ah well, I'm not much of a writer. I've generally stuck to a few greens.

I'm just glad if people can enjoy it.

>Originally it was straight up MTG but Wizards of the Coast flexed their muscle and he changed it up enough to avoid being sued.
What do you base this on? There's no indication of it in the comic itself, in the omake, or anything. On the contrary, in the omake about the preparations for the manga she mentions asking her assistant for one of the card game rule sets that he makes as a hobby to use as Wizard's Soul.

Fair enough.

Either or would have done user, think for being a champ that can deliver because this super cute.

Sorry I don't have more I could really share.

No problem! Wasn't sure, so decided to play it safe. But if you'd like lewd...

>Asahara pulled Manaka's arm, bringing her into the hotel room. It was a sobering reminder that Asahara had her own life, her own home. She wouldn't be here for long.
>But maybe it would be long enough.
>Manaka looked around the hotel room, taking in the suitcase full of card binders, deck boxes, and other Wizard Soul accessories. It was just like being at the shop, somewhere safe. She felt her body start to relax.
>Manaka froze as she felt Asahara's arms embrace her from behind. Pulling her in tight. "Thanks for coming to my room. I'm so sorry I'll be going home soon. Would you... would you like to have some fun while we still can?"
>Manaka looked at the arms holding her, so warm and comforting. "Um... I didn't bring my deck," she confessed.
>Asahara pulled back, releasing Manaka from the surprising - if welcome - embrace.
>Instead she took a grip around Manaka's arm and led her to the hotel bed.
>"I wasn't thinking Wizard's Soul," Asahara confessed, biting her lip as she sat down on the bed, patting next to her, for Manaka to join her.
>Manaka sat down, a look of confusion on her face - that turned to surprise as Asahara leaned forward and kissed her.
>The two sat there, lips joined, doing nothing else. Just enjoying the simple touch.
>Finally, Asahara broke off. "You're beautiful," she beamed, "I'd really like to see all of your beauty at once."
>Manaka was frozen, shocked, but she still blushed. Eventually she nodded, her hands going to undo her top.
>"Please, let me," Asahara pulled Manaka's arms away, and carefully pushed her to the bed.
>And then she set to work.
>Asahara undid buttons slowly, drawing it out as Manaka blushed - attempting to hide her face in her hands. She still peaked through them, to watch how Asahara finally exposed her bra and belly.
(...)

>A hand crawled beneath Manaka, unhooking her bra, and returning with it. Dangling it in front of her face. "Halfway there," Asahara said, her smile still full of warmth, but now met with a deep anticipation.
>She was just as slow with Manaka's skirt, dragging it down her legs, revealing the plain white pair of panties beneath it.
>This was the final defender of Manaka's body. All that separated her from Asahara's wandering eyes. It was hard to believe that with just one tug, she'd be utterly naked before her. The terrible, wonderful romantic.
>And there it was, her panties pulled down, past her knees, and hanging around her ankles. She was exposed, as Asahara moved to holding Manaka's hands. She couldn't even hide her small breasts, or intimate area now.
>Her heart skipped a beat as Manaka truly realised she was at Asahara's mercy.
>But Asahara was gentle, kissing Manaka - first on the lips, and then tracing a path lower and lower. Her neck, then her shoulders, going down to her breasts.
>Asahara continued, the smallest of kisses to Manaka's belly, and then just above her crotch...
>Manaka couldn't hold in the squeal of pleasure as Asahara's mouth reached her pussy, she blushed at the thought, even as it was driven out by the sensation of her tongue gently-but-firmly starting to tease her.
>Manaka gasped as her friend turned lover intimately explored her body.
>She writhed in delight as Asahara's tongue probed deep inside, clenched her fingers and toes as her clit was teased, and gave out a deep cry of satisfaction as Asahara's hands released her, only to turn their attention to Manaka's petite chest.
>Finally, she could hold back no longer, running her hands through Asahara's flowing hair as she was driven to orgasm. She felt weak, exhausted, and oh so good.
>Asahara pulled back, climbing next to Manaka in bed, and then kissed her again.
(...)

>This time it tasted different, something so wonderful, so familiar. Manaka realised that she was tasting herself, her own pussy, her own orgasm.
>She blushed.
>Asahara drew away, still smiling. She looked at Manaka and then turned away, bashfully. "Would you, uh... would you do the same for me?" she begged.
>Manaka ran her fingers across her lips, still stained by her own arousal.
>"I'd love to," she found herself saying.

>The night together stretched on for hours.
>It wouldn't be enough. Nothing could be.
>But there would be other tournaments. Other opportunities.
>And now, Manaka would be looking forward to them.

>Oh boy new WS thread! Can't wait for 50 posts of "yeah I know this feeling"
>O-oh...

Ah, but which feeling would you rather know?

Wow, that one actually hit home.

You know, 'Elvish Story' is clearly Lorwyn.
This only helps my case here

THE SPLEEN OF THE CARDS

With the recent Angel focus, Alara might fit with Bant.

Yeah, I suck at mechanically good decks. I just like nice themes.

It also fits with the ludicrously expensive angel being Baneslayer, first published in M10, between Alara Reborn and Zendikar.

Fucking metal.

That makes sense.

so three sets until tentacles.

The word is likely shishou (師匠) which is often translated as master. It's what students call their teachers in a dojo and in similar situations

do the cute boy sucks the big dick in this one?

Nah, only dudes so far have been straight. Eita wants Manaka to keep beating him in card games there was that guy with a harem, and now there's a shota.

I miss the shop owner, he was sensible.