Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

too pleb for dallas edition
historyfags keep out reee sub-edition

Previous: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
dead like your first pet

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for orks, no /pol/ pleaserino

Why are Tau so based ?

Dorn would be a Dallasfag.

xth for Regiment rules

Because we cut off everything but the base

6th for the Dark Ages weren't a real thing

7th for new lore proving anybody can do everything better than the Emperor did it.

I wish Vostroyans weren't just online order only, the snipers and HWT are practically always out of stock.

>He needs fanart to prove his point

Imperiumfags will never learn.

prime beef they are

I was going to make a faux political reply to this about how you can't trust Deathskulls... but would probably trigger some autist to go into a real political tirade.

We can't have anything nice these days.

>literally fake news
Zoom out a little farther and see that the two brave battle brothers in that picture were the first of hundreds charging behind them to purge the xenos filth from that world

Asking for written proof of normal marines becoming Primaris.
Couldn't find any so maybe I missed it.

I'd appreciate the exact passage.

>we're 12 feet tall now

>Imperium loses the eastern fringe to the tau
>suddenly, miraculously, a "greater threat" just coincidentally appears so the imperium can ally with the tau to fight it off before running away and swearing they'll be back
>and yet the eastern fringe stands uncontested under tau control

Makes you wonder. Did the great crusades even ever happen? or was it all just the daydream of a self-styled emperor?
hmmmmmmmmm

I know, it's too bad that we can't have any discussions about reality without a marxist cultist screeching about whatever revisionist fantasy is the flavor of the month.

Remember when "half of all viking warriors were female" a year or two back?

That is pretty epic art almost makes me want to play tau desu

Only being talked about that it is possible in Dark Imperium, it never actually happened. Might even be a lie of Cawl and Guilliman to keep old marines from revolting.

Tau and all over asian communists are both short (4.5 feet on average) and underfed due to communism-induced famine. Those heights are easily within scale.

is it just me or does the geedubs drone seem more over-designed than the forgeworld one.

still looking for input:
Got a game on wednesday, my opp will be fielding either skitarii, guard, or necrons.

Dark Eldar: 1999 pts

>Outrider Detachment
Succubus - 72 pts: Archite Glaive/blast pistol

Incubi - 98 pts - klaivex with demiklaives, 4 incubi with klaives

Raider - 116 pts - Dark lance/bladevanes/shock prow

Reavers(6) - 224 pts - Arena champion with agonizer, 1 reaver with default loadout, 2 reavers with blasters, 2 reavers with Grav-talons

Hellions(5) - 92 pts - helliarch with power sword, 4 hellions default

Hellions(5) - 92 pts - helliarch with power sword, 4 hellions default

Scourges(5) - 130 pts - solarite default, 4 scourges with blasters

>Spearhead Detachment
Haemonculus - 96 pts - Liquifier gun, electrocorrosive whip

Ravager - 156 pts - 3 dark lances, shock prow

talos - 125 pts - macro scalpel, macro scalpel, 2 splinter cannons

talos - 125 pts - macro scalpel, macro scalpel, 2 splinter cannons

>Vanguard detachment
Archon - 79 pts - huskblade, blaster

Kabalite trueborn(5) 118 pts- dracon with phantasm grenade launcher, 4 trueborn with blasters
>On Venom 80 pts - twin splinter rifle, splinter cannon

Kabalite trueborn(5) 118 pts- dracon with phantasm grenade launcher, 4 trueborn with blasters
>On Venom 80 pts, twin splinter rifle, splinter cannon

>On Venom 80pts, twin splinter rifle, splinter cannon

When Guilliman talks with the AI?

>asian communists
wait

are tau commies or anime?

These things are mutually exclusive.

So, since some people are assuming Primaris is the start of a trend, how would you Primaris up all the other armies? Bigger Orks are easy, you can always evolve Tyranids. But what about everyone else?

>ahah! if my 15 feet high 30k veteran marines fanart didn't work i'll get in with Headcannon!!

Holy kek, is that true? My family escaped the commie shit before it happened so I'm moderate to slightly below average but 4.5 feet is insane

No user, only non-primaris marines are THAT short.

>we spent 10,000 years making this mutant demon machine with religiously zeal
>better not put any chaos symbols on it someone might complain that it looks overdesigned

GW over-designs all new models to make it as hard as possible to recast them or reprint them in a 3D printer. It's a higher up decision, has little or nothing to do with actualy design choice.

Harder to recast.

im not complaining, i actually like how it looks i just noticed it when i was putting the other one together how much simpler it was and therefor easier to paint.

squat the elves

necron warriors become necron immortals, the rest of their line is fine

we already have "primaris" tau suits with the coldstar and enforcer. As well as the ghostkeel for stealth suits.

Did I miss anyone?

u wot

whoops, succubus is 82 points, talos is 122 each, and hellions are 89 pts.

forgot I changed up their weaponry slightly when listing off point values.

I like the GW one way more, I hate that bumpy texture all over the FW one.

they get squatted for more hot marine on marine action with some npc races for flavor

>What this demon engine needs to really kill the servants of the false emperor is a shitty looking fly emblazoned over it

>not a good looking one? Or just maybe the symbol of grandfather nurgle?

>Nah, I'm thinking just a really huge fly that looks like total shit

that makes sense

>xenos-lets
nah, art is just whack

FW good stuff

you know what, screw that >p2win guy
post your favourite FW models

>5 Ravenfags dead to 3 suit in a couple of seconds
>only 1000 marines in a chapter
>while 1000 suit is like a skirmish force
nice damage control tho.
have some more official cannon art, Gue'la

Just look at AoS, the most popular factions will get new, way bigger models, the rest are soft-squatted (still rules for now, but models no longer sold)

Well that forgeworld model is well over a decade old.

And the gw model is probably no older than 1 or 2 years.

Technology and casting science has changed in the interim.

>cannon art
>no cannons pictured
You tryin' to cheat me?

>literally a CNN shot of the exact same dead marine from the previous picture but with an new guy standing over it

Waiting for the "marine" to stand up in the revealing liveleak video

My favorite FW model is probably pretty boring my most standards, but I fucking love Apothecaries.

But there is a cannon, user.

Shit, which armies are safe and which will get soft-squatted
(excluding primaris and ultramarines of course)

but he has a glowing cannon right on his left arm

Vanguard Veterans with Jump packs Plasma Pistols and Axes near a Captain

vs

Thunderhammer Stormshield Terminators with a Chappy

Whats gonna be better in an all comers

wait did that actually happen?

in real life I mean, with cnn, live leak, and a soldier or something?

Man that cancer resin just gives me the creeps to look at. How could people be okay with just staring down the barrel of death like that?

It's just land raider redeemer, but I guess that totally makes it more P2W than the plastic version.

mine is the drone that i pictured above, hence why i was willing to buy it. the idea of flying nurgle anything is just too great.

>which armies are safe
Tau is the newest army that's not a branch off of an existing faction (read imperial) therefore tau.

That's a plasma gun, user. It's too puny to be a cannon and Tau now officially get the shitty plasma weapons.

Not CNN in particular but it's happened plenty especially with Syria and shit.

That's a rifle, not a cannon.

Tau confirmed backsliders.

>cancer resin

>he doesn't know that the walls of the building he's in RIGHT NOW have asbestos in them which is literally more cancerous than any amount of resin dust.

uh oh

They love doing it with Syrian kids (in more ways than one)

aaand /pol/ strikes again
reee

>19 April 2916

Holy shit, Assad is ded 'ard.

Cute deflection, enjoy paying hundreds of dollars to get cancer.

>pointing out that the media fakes shit constantly to push political agendas is /pol/
>even if it's in response to a question
kek

>he doesn't know that chinese recasters use non-carcinogenic resin because it's cheaper but wears out moulds faster

Best looking marine flyer there is (besides the Thunderhawk of course, but fuck that thing is expensive)

It's only a bit risky if you drill into it or file it down in a room with little to no ventilation without a dust mask. You're ruining your lungs way more by walking next to a road with lots of traffic.

Where did this getting cancer from resin meme start anyway?

CNN is retarded, what else is new ?

>That 25feet high sword wielding dude strikes at S4
>Small pulse rifle is S5

really tells more about the marines desu famalam.

>not commissioning somebody to clean, prime and basecoat spray all your resin for you so all you have to do is paint it

what are you some kinda poorfag?

Reposting because I never got an answer

Is there any tips or places I can find that would give me insight into the little things of 40k? Like what a voidship looks like on the inside or what prayers one says to a plasma pistol as you reload? Little cool/interesting details. I want to write a bit of lore for my dudes.

lexicanum

>ALL MODEL VERY SAFE RESIN PASS SAFETY TEST
>THIS A LIFESTYLE FOR ME I TAKE VERY GOOD PRIDE IN WORK

Oh yeah man totally safe, wow

Read through the FFG RPG books.
It's no longer "canon", but it was and a lot was written by GW contributors.

I suppose if there were a few stormshields in the vets they'd be almost as tough , and the pistols are nice in case you don't make it into melee from the deepstrike

If you huff resin dust.

And I mean literally huff bag after bag, pound upon pound, of resin dust.

5 days a week

for 20 years

you have about a 50/50 chance of developing lung cancer.

Granted, this also applies to literally anyone exposed to literally any fine particulate matter for that long. Chalk, saw dust, coal dust, stone dust, etc.

All resin dust is carcinagenic you retards, ALL particulates are carcinogenic when inhaled, including shit like rock dust, wood shavings, whatever. If it's not going to break down in water within a few days, inhaling it is carcinogenic.

no. even the 40k wikia is better than the bolsicanum.

warhammer wiki
lexicanum just doesn't have as much random info and crap

If FW resin was that dangerous, do you really think they could make and sell it in Britain?

just drill it underwater

>he thinks the chinamen are going to admit to using the cheap stuff

If you ask them, they'll say it's the same stuff FW uses but if you look at them both side by side you can tell what's high quality carcinogenic resin and what's cheap cancer-free stuff.

Its always funny when resiniscancer.jpg fags smoke 20cigs a day

It took Cawl 10,000 years to get the Primaris to a deployable state. I wouldn't call that being better.

>I CAN TELL BY LOOKING AT IT THAT IT'S CANCER FREE

Adding the cancer costs extra.

>particulate mind

>that image
Holy fucking kek

/pol/ and resin dust fags, good thread boys.

Oh, his work was objectively better. More efficient? Faster? Fuck no. But qualitatively better.

>If FW resin was that dangerous, do you really think they could make and sell it in Britain?

Well chemicals like petrol and certain fertilizers (which you can use to make explosives) are way more dangerous, yet those are also produced and sold.
Whether or not something is legal largely depends on how profitable it is compared to how unhealthy/dangerous it is, and how the public thinks about it.

ONLY MARKISTS GET CANCER FROM RESIN DUST, REEEEEEE

>I'm not shitposting honest! I'm just drawing attention to the stuff that's only tangentially /40k/ related so that it intensifies.

/pol/fags make me want to chug resin dust.

Probably best just to report them all and see if anything comes of it. It would be great to have a Veeky Forums discussion on Veeky Forums.

Marxists get cancer by existing, everyone else gets cancer from marxists and resin dust.

>He can't even bring himself to use the name of his god in vain

Ok so resin dust is bad.

But so is glue fumes.

What if, like, I huffed both? Wouldn't the resin dust adhere to the glue in like a big "hairball" of resin and glue that I would just cough up?

Do they cancel each other out?

>Guilliman will never turn his attention to the Tau because the mary sue levels will reach critical mass

So, did GW every use lead, or are all their old minis pewter? Thread is making me want to lick some old RT minis.

>Farsignt defeats Guilliman
WHEN?