Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Have you ever played as a character who heavily depended conceptually on a PrC?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Like says, it would be a strong indication that Tuvarkz is picking based on tits/attention over the actual substance of the apps.

>Lawful Neutral
Tick!
>Knight Person
Tick!
>Noble blood connection
Tick!
>Worships Asmodeus
Tick!

Actually yes. My poison character used a PRC to boost his DCs by about 10

Recognise and acknowledge your mistake, but never admit your mistake.

>Enchanting Courtesan requires Bluff

Also is that supposed to be a girl or a guy?

Saying someone's primary characteristic is how much of an attention whore they are is kinda bullshit

>Also is that supposed to be a girl or a guy?
Why not both?

Hi Vult!

Quadruple threat, but I guess for Tuvarkz that's normal.

shit player desu

Hello Random user

Hermaphrodites are an astonishingly rare percentage of the population, they simply just are not a thing in a Medieval setting.

Buuuuuuut this is Golarion, where I bet everyone has both bits.

Both Cyrielle and Frederick are much more substantive, interesting characters than either of Maylayna and Darkstar, the only reason the latter should get in over the former is if there are scheduling issues or if Tuvarkz's metric of selection skewed by breast size (which the tier chart would seem to indicate). I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things wash out though, probably won't be too long since rumor had it that acceptances were already being PMed before the weekend.

What is Maylays short coming? What makes her worse?

I won't deny Darkstar is a meme character, but beyond "muh succubus memes" there's a LOT of potential to be had if the player handles her correctly.

Her backstory reads like a laundry list of things that happened written in boring purple prose. It's bland, doesn't give me a feeling of the character. Read over the other two I mentioned, their characters jump off the page. Of course this is all a matter of subjective taste, but the fact that these other apps have been discussed at length here in terms of both their backstories and how they might interact with other potential party members speaks volumes about how prevalent that subjective opinion is.

Sohei 3/Empyreal Sorcerer 7/EK 10.

Don't judge me, it's a meme build for DEX/WIS to AC and dervish dance flurry memes

Which WotR characters "jump off the page" to you?

Maylay is 4 days old, and didn't have a draft two until 2 days ago. Thread memory is a poor metric of comparison

What are your guesses for WotR parties, anons? Share your thoughts!

Most of the field has been pretty bland for WotR, the most vibrant characters to me were Leofric and Cyrielle. I think those two probably also have the most compelling possibilities for character interaction as well, personally. Frederick, Seraphina, Ruhiel and Bethany are also fairly interesting characters. The rest of the field missed the mark for me.

>tfw noone ever talked about my WotR character, neither negative nor positive, throughout the entire app period

Hold on, did you read draft 1 or 2?

If PFG/PGG doesn't talk about or expresses a negative opinion on your character, studies show they have a higher chance of getting in, or they're just bad.

Nobody should meme about WOTR. It's a shit game run by a DMPC-using nodachifag.

Also this, I completely agree. Tuvarkz is scum.

That sounds like something that would be said as a joke.

I read the edit from 2 days ago. It just doesn't click for me, sorry.

Purple prose is /pfg/s greatest sin in apps

That's why my biggest fear is that Vult will get in. He'll never shut up about the game and his shitty donut steel that nobody cares about. If there's no Vult it'll probably slide into obscurity in a few weeks like /pfg/ games should.

>DMPC-using
wut

Kinda knew to PF
Question about magus
Imagine I want to cast Frostbite, I can cast Frostbite through an attack and make a second attack with a -2 to both right?
But next turn I want to use Brand and a second attack do these two attacks also get the properties of frostbite?

Not unless you're attacking with unarmed strikes.

Good morning. Sadly, the dream is dead, and a few expected applications apparently weren't completed in time. Seraphina's player had a complete schedule change, Leofric's can't really handle another game; and it's impossible to schedule Frederick alongside anyone else among my preferred picks.
Thus, these are the picks. NotR shall run at Fridays, 8:00-11:00 PM GMT-5 with the following party:
Ruhiel Inaedel
Bethany Lyne Tertia Calum
Darkstar the Witness
Nolah Aisling
Qari Xazi
Shan Long

>Darkstar the Witness the Hegehog
pssh... nuthin personnel, kid

>Darkstar
just according to keikaku

>Tits over substance confirmed
>But no Vult
Shine on you crazy diamond!

>No Leofric, no Seraphina, no Frederick, no Cyrielle
Disappointing, but not a big surprise.

5 chicks
1 dude
Kek.

Guys ladyknights ladyknights ladyknights xd

Is Tuvarkz confirmed worse than Rory?

yes

For once I'd like a sausagefest game, not because "muh /y/ meta", but because I'm sick of seeing so many similar party comps of half-and-half or mostly girls and girl (male).

...for what I can't though?
The spell says: You can use this melee touch attack up to one time per level. Does that mean Brand cancels it?

>tfw running a sausagefest game with a tiefling medic, two burly orcs, and a trap

>tfw I can't write good male characters

forgive me user

>LG Half-Giant Stalker/Warder
>NG Human Wizard/Investigator
>CG/CN Half-Elf Oracle/Vigilante
>CG Tiefling Witch/UCRogue
>CN Half-Elf Sorcerer/UCRogue
>LG Human UCMonk/Avowed

Huh. For all the talk of ladyknights, there's actually only like a grand total of 1 in here.

but plenty of big fucking titties

You can't deliver a held touch attack through a weapon unless you're spellstriking (and that only works for the first free touch attack while casting the spell). Only bodily contact transfers the stored charge.

So magus can't hold the charge either?

As the guy who made Shan Long, surprising! I basically took a chainsaw to my background and cut down on detail and quality so that it would be easier to read. I was fully expecting to not make the cut because of that.

He can hold the charge, he just can't deliver it through his weapon. Now that I think about it, the charge might be lost the next time he casts a spell, but I'm not sure on that. There's a reason Maguses only cast Brand/Arcane Mark and Shocking Grasp.

Now we can move onto talking about Iron Gods, thank god.

>Vult is salty his shitty meme didn't make it
eat dicks son

Damn, why people say Frostbite build is a good option then? it sucks

What sort of shit are you spouting, user?

>That feel when you are a shitty DM who flaked on a game, but you stick around /pfg/ threads because you like to masturbate.

Because it's still one of the best 1st level damage-based touch spells, despite being invalidated by half or more of the bestiary?

Where do I scratch my gestalt itch now that I didn't make it into WotR, /pfg/?

But you can only make one attack and waste like up to 19, extra attacks equal to you CL you'll never be able to make, who designed that shit?

I need the most up to date copy of the Bloodforge pdf

check the trove you fucking mongoloid.

The trove one might not be current. Does it have this art in it?

In Tuvarkz' defense, the first three you mention were explicitly mentioned as having scheduling issues. I too was contacted to see if I could make the 8PM start time, but wasn't able to either.

does it matter?

Are they are lewd pathfinder books?

yes but its shit, the 3.5 ones are better

I mean like actual books, not rulebooks.

Huge tits aren't special when there aren't any men to paizuri them.

"Better."

Its true, even BoEF is better than PF vices.

OKay so I managed to snag the new version of the Bloodforge book, but I need some help here:

Does anyone have the Host of Heroes Aegis book?

>why is [thing] designed so poorly?

Paizo. The answer is [almost] always Paizo. The logical thing would have been to let a magus holding multiple charges use spell combat to get a bonus attack, should he still be holding the charge. The Magus is riddled with little "it would have been better if..." design flaws that add up into a cancerous mass of wasted potential.

They can still see playtime, user! All you need to do is PM THEM!

Then you bring in NPCs.

>Vult confirmed for not even in the top 10
BTFO
T
F
O

Nowhere, the Age of High-Powered Gestalt is over.

Embrace the darkness, my friend. And let the feast begin.

thats what the DMPC and his nodachi are for

>the Age of High-Powered Gestalt is over.
>he actually thinks this

you fucks will get something else to bitch about and we'll circle right back around

It just isn't the same, you know? Faceless Asshole #3 humping your boobs isn't as special as the hunk you've been traveling with since Session #1.

DMPC

The one with new art also has the errata in so yes

Literally why the fuck do you care so much

Yes.

>erotic touch

A divination handjob?

Mage Hand.

I believe I've had the displeasure of playing with him before. All he does is play Edgy Man with Nodachi. No flavour. No fun. Just 'me hit man with nodachi'

Is the armor for lewds?

I've played with him and he's been fine.
Builds very competent but not gamebreaking, doesn't hog the spotlight, but also not a wallflower.

Nothing amazing but nothing that would make me not want to play with him again.

yes

Isn't it yet another incarnation of Sigmund Gulbrand?

Alright here we go, I'm doing a quick rundown of the iron gods apps so far, because i'm home sick today with nothing to do and I can't sleep.

>Conall Cernach
Spearguy kellid, his classing is a bit odd so he has LOTS of subsystem access but thats ok I guess, the imouto shit is kind of lame and I don't see why this character would get involved with the greater plot, too connected to baine
>Vesha
Potential here, a Gunslinger with a reason to hate the technic league and want to bring it down is a nice driving force for the character, and her guilt is a nice touch. Needs a little editing
>Uirel
Name autism aside, a super condescending character like this gives me worries for how they'd be in a party, but the idea that tech is just magic driving the character is cute
>Semzaya
Connections to Baine again. OY VEY THE SHECKLES the app, as a personal note, summoners -always- turn me off because they just feel like trouble, and a hardcore capitalism ho type is kind of interesting despite its problematic features. Another char that I feel will have trouble with the larger plot of IG though.
>Erecura
I'm honestly not even going to bother, I don't mind things being derivative but when you're this much of a rip off of an anime character, my fucking eyes glaze over. Try harder.
>Kazulki
Honestly, I don't really see how one can play a Kasatha in Iron Gods without fucking the plot and the mystery of everything up. Its just something off about the whole idea of it, ya know? Futhermore he's pretty fucking boring to boot, Just a generic PROTECT MY FAMILY AND AM WISE
>Luthaya
I admit, the wishcrafter always struck me as a cute archetype, but a character thats a reincarnation of a much more powerful being feels troublesome. Luthaya just... Has nothing iron-godsy about her, and her city of brass backstory is uninteresting. I'd like to see her sort of being like a Q thrown out of the Q continuum, rather than this weird amnesia thing.

cont..

>Name autism aside
;-;

So, I'm interested in running a game. How does this sound?
>Skulls and Shackles
>25 PB
>Not gestalt
>DSP/Jolly/Forrest/SoP allowed
>No fullcasters/full initiators/full manifesters/whatever the SoP version is
>lewd if people want it?
>space piracy with starfinder's spaceship rules perhaps?

>Allowing SoP without having any idea how it works

Ohh boy

>Not gestalt
ripperino in pepperoni

Why not just wait and play starfinder if you're waiting for starfinder's rules anyway?

Skulls and Shackles has a bad rep for having a really shitty earlygame experience.
If you want to attract people you should do some research into it and then make some statements about if you're going to improve it.

You should also avoid being a bamboozle, that'd be nice.

>still zero apps for You're the Village Now
was i out fishing too deep in niche game territory here? is anyone working on anything here? was app time too short? should i just shelve the project for later and start the app circus for Fiendish Intrigue real early so it can get so long and silly and full of memes that it puts Ensoulment to shame?

Yep, that's why Shocking grasp is the only viable build, rest don't work.