/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Did these guys ever look cool edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
the-ninth-age.com
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk
artofnakoo.tumblr.com/post/162477664655/fewf-this-took-way-longer-than-it-should-have
youtu.be/D-8RQCwevAk
youtube.com/watch?v=2oZtXYAucS4&index=15&list=PLliZQodsai-gNRN57pAMMketcL9e2mL30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He doesn't think this is cool.

FIRST FOR THE EMPEROR

And fucked up my greentext.

you fucked up the thread.

Nice, that's better than Stalin and Hitler combined.

Soruce? Is it a game?

Kemmler on suicide watch.

anyone else still play this?

I remember when it came out and I loved the shit out of it until it went offline years ago.

Thank god whoever those people were who pirated the whole thing to a private server and made it free to play. But its soooooo dead, no one plays it anymore seems like.

Will there ever be another good mmorpg or even a decent rpg in the warhammer setting again?

no offense to people who like the Mordehiem game, and the vermintide game but they are horrible, and I have a hard time trying to into total war.

Why did GW have an obsession with striped pants back in the day?

Where do I get started with Warhammer Fantasy? I know next to nothing except a small bit of lore about the Empire

Scottish style.

It's just a way to make a bare surface feel more interesting I think.

You can download all of the rules you need to play either

here: mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

or here: the-ninth-age.com

depending on which version of the game you want to play.

Skaven heroes are.

If they make a new one, I'd like it to stick to WHFRP if possible.

>Entire map is 70% forest of fuck you, 15% forest/plains of somewhat less fuck you, and 15% towns/cities of only slightly fuck you.
>Priests of all deities not only Sigmar
>Armor and weapons are expensive to buy and mantain, and can be broken, so people think twice before making the investment instead of using economic leather.
>Rampant permanent chaos mutation and death upon misscasting to trim down wizard population and make the remaining ones careful when using it.
>To drill this point further, allow for PC witch hunters actually huntind down wizards

>To drill this point further
bright-wizard the best class 4 life

For lore?
Check the OP, there's a newbie guide.

> Vermintide Horrible

I dunno, all those 'horrible' games seem to be getting sequels while this had server closures in it's first 6 months.

>doesn't want a triple A warhammer setting rpg/mmorpg

wtf is wrong with you familam?

Yes, and it's getting a new standalone expansion in a few months
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

Why are these moving so fast lately? 6 months ago they were struggling to even reach bump limit.

vermintide fills a niche.
WAR was competing with peak WoW.

this thread is under the watch of /twg/

There is one MMORPG. That will not change.

We're better off with single player.
Witcher/TES.

Mostly RPG talk. 4e reignited it.
Also, TWW2.

That reminds me.

Found this. NSFW.
artofnakoo.tumblr.com/post/162477664655/fewf-this-took-way-longer-than-it-should-have

>doesn't Vermintide

Hoooly shit man, bless this ravaged faggot.

youtu.be/D-8RQCwevAk
Thoughts, mon'keigh?

This this this this this. MMOs fucking SUCK, anyway. Just give me Witcher 3 but with Warhammer.

You fucking scalies are shitting up this thread, and the /twg/ leave Warhammer alone.

>A chaos champion unites Norsca.
>After some preparation, the champion starts an invasion against the empire.

How threatening would this be for the empire?

I don't like MMOs. They almost always seem to be on a vague WoW style format, and running around doing arbitrary quests that are basically filler doesn't strike me as fun.

As for an RPG, I don't see how they could do it justice. Most RPGs today somehow make the character special - part of an elite organization, or with some sort of destiny or special backstory with a unique bloodline. That isn't generally how Warhammer works - it's either a focus on a large whole, or a low-down (or very high up) individual level. I don't want whatever character I play to be some sort of Chosen one, and I don't think they could do all the factions justice.

Basically nyeeeh I hate everything.

not very.
Unless it's surtha ek and his chariots

So I'm thinking of re-tooling WFRP 2e to run a game in 17th/18th century England/France/New World etc.

With that in mind what would you guys recommend as far as making modifications to fire arms since they'd be more common at that point than melee weapons? And maybe some new options for melee since there would be reduced choices for melee weapons and armor.

The players would be outlaws/highwaymen if that helps specify game type.

Happens once every generation.

Or twice for some.

Looks good, high elves are as pompous as they should be.

In an MMO you start as a unit champion and end as a minor redshirt hero.

In an RPG you either play huge scale like Tyrion or Archaon in a God Of War clone, or a Black Library character like Brunner The Bounty Hunter or Wulfrik.

looks meh at best

when the dark elf video coming out?

The Krox's look awesome. I cant believe people we're worried about them.

>mon'keigh
>a term and insult that is only present in the Eldar lexicon, not the Elven language

No

This.

Eldar and Dwarfs have a proper insult for humans due to a long shared history.
By contrast High Elves have only been aware of humans as sapient for less than one generation and Wood Elves use everything other than themselves as an insult.

Historically there wasn't much difference between wheellocks and flintlocks besides firing mechanisms, reliability, and a slight boost in accuracy from wheel to flint.

I'm thinking about making some magic cards for the Death and Shadow lores to my WoC:ers since the official cards are fuck-hard to come by. As such I'm in need of pictures that can properly represent the feel of the spells. I don't mind where they come from at all as long as they feel accurate to the spell in question. Feel free to give me some suggestions. Meanwhile, unless people feel that it's clogging up the thread I'm going to be posting the ones I'm taking into consideration.

Flintlock weapons were also mechanically simpler compared to wheel-lock guns which look like you needed to be a fucking fob watch repairman to fix....

You could also argue that the wheellock was better to use in wet conditions, but it doesn't make up for how complex it is. Which is sad because I still think wheellocks are cool, and so many other games with a focus on blackpowder weapons in general skip straight to them and ignore wheellocks entirely.

Lore of Death: Spirit Leech (Signature)

A bit cartoonish perhaps but it definitely captures the meaning of the spell.

'Umgi' isn't an insult so much as it is dwarfs being blunt and kinda racist.

Wheellocks are slower to go from trigger pull to firing, too.

Lore of Shadows: Steed of Shadows

Could use a bit more shadows in the picture but other than that I really like the look on the zombie pegasus.

I can't argue that they're better than flintlocks, or even necessarily on the same level. I just have a bias towards them and don't enjoy how skipped over they get. Aside from a fluff mention in the RPG and a few short stories, I barely hear wheellocks mentioned, and this is a setting where it should be existing alongside the flintlock fairly commonly, at least for how common gunpowder is in the setting. It's a rich folk's weapon, but it does have its merits especially with the right tooling.

You could even argue that if the setting can have amazing mechanical feats like clockwork horses and mechanical monstrosities, they could make really really good wheellocks that are somehow simpler or better to use, or take inspiration from some of the really high-quality wheellocks that exist in the real world that have crude 'cartridges' or two triggers. I dunno.

Lore of Shadows: Pit of Shadows
Not entirely on point but it does a swell job of depicting a portal to
>a dimension filled with [...] the incessant wailing of 'those who dwell beyond'.

Not really what the spell actually claims to do but I like the concept of the Wizard tranforming himself into some shadowy birdperson before taking flight.

This one is imo a good depiction of a shadowy winged steed.

Price, accuracy, reliability, availability, and common usage.

In the NOT!16thC setting of WHFRP, whipping out a pistol means the person in question is either rich or a professional in the business of violence.

In the 18thC, its as common as owning a sword or dagger. Even non aggressors can and will carry them for defense. This means a market for parts and repair, as well as purchase. Anyone can get a gun.

>Historically there wasn't much difference between wheellocks and flintlocks besides firing mechanisms, reliability, and a slight boost in accuracy from wheel to flint.

You are literally saying the are worlds apart.

>Flintlock weapons were also mechanically simpler compared to wheel-lock guns which look like you needed to be a fucking fob watch repairman to fix....
You do. Its a wound-spring mechanism.

>You could also argue that the wheellock was better to use in wet conditions
You'd be wrong. The delicate nature of wheellock mechanism doesn't like humidity or differential pressure.

Well, historically, they are very brief in the technological timeline of firearms. The exist along side the vast cheaper, simpler and more reliable matchlock, but were soon replaced with doglock and then flintlock.

>You could even argue that if the setting can have amazing mechanical feats like clockwork horses and mechanical monstrosities, they could make really really good wheellocks that are somehow simpler or better to use
...Doglock

>or take inspiration from some of the really high-quality wheellocks that exist in the real world that have crude 'cartridges' or two triggers. I dunno.
Paper cartridges are cheaper and more efficient.

Beyond that, as you said, its a rich man's or an engineer's weapon. The alternatives just work better.

Lore of Death: The Caress of Laniph

It's a comely somewhat ethereal looking female.

Oh, and for those interested:

Match struck (by hand), matchlock, wheellock, snaphance, miquelet lock, doglock, flintlock, pill lock, percussion cap in order of evolution.

>mon'keigh

Yeah looks pretty good other than that.

Lore of Death: The Caress of Laniph

A reasonably arab-looking female ghost.

From what I remember, it's mostly the durkas who use wheel locks in Warhammer, they never got popular in the Empire before the flintlock was invented and became the mainstay.

Lol I see nothing here that warrants a new game, it looks like DLC!

When are CA going to go away from terrains with splashmaps and make something without tileable textures that repeat ad-infinitum?

Lore of Death: Doom and Darkness

Captures the concept of summoning the ghost of the departed to haunt the foe decently.

Certainly looks like a proper haunting.

What? The rich, dwarves, military officers, witch hunters, Imperial engineers, and everyone's uncle from Nuln use wheel lock.

The dwarves also have runelocks, which smack two special runes together for ignition.

Wiz summoning ghosts.

Forgot the pic.

As someone who doesn't know shit about old or modern guns, whats the difference between wheel-lock and flintlock?

Hey I have a question only you grognards might be able to answer: is it true Citadel misplaced/broke the molds for the Throgg the Troll King model?
A buddy of mine told me that was the reason it didn't show up in the Made to Order a while back.

A wheel lock is a hand cranked, spring loaded mechanism that spins a grooved wheel against a chunk of pyrite to make sparks to ignite the charge. It uses a turnkey, exactly like winding the mainspring of a clock. Over a dozen, precision moving parts. This makes it complex, expensive, and delicate.

A flintlock uses to V-shaped leave springs, and strikes a piece of flint against a hardened steel facing to ignite the charge. Four major moving parts.

Pic related. The Snaphaunce is the earliest version of the simple flintlock. Then came the miquelet, then doglock, then the true flintlock.

Further comparison... Here is a wheel lock.

....and a flintlock.

german vs russian engineering

A question which dawned on me when I checked out a battle report just now ( youtube.com/watch?v=2oZtXYAucS4&index=15&list=PLliZQodsai-gNRN57pAMMketcL9e2mL30 ).
What is the proper size for a Palanquin of Nurgle? Whenever I've used one I've had it inside a unit of Warriors with a 50x50 footprint but in this video the WoC-player uses a footprint of 40x40 and stuck his Palanquin inside a unit of trolls.
The mount itself is a monstrous beast.

I admit, I'm not that knowledgable about firearms - I didn't even know the doglock existed until you brought it up, and to be quite frank it seem less like a more advanced form of wheellock as a stopgap before the true flintlock. But that's my pretty uneducated opinion.

Again, I just feel that it's sad they're not used much, especially when this is a setting (fantasy aside) that's set around in the 16th, maybe 17th century. Wheellocks probably would never be a mainstay, but I feel like including the flintlock makes it feel as if there's a 'better choice' already there, and you can't even pretend that it's only recently getting adopted or something because the lore makes it clear they were invented around the same time, not even giving the wheellock the half-hearted benefit of being around longer so it's just in more widespread use.

I would normally say no one is incompetent enough to loose a full model mold, but for GW its up in the air.

Do High Elves ever rape humans?

Hey WHF general, quick storytime followed by question.

In the years since WHFB stopped being supported, and 9th age came out, I was disappointed: it was just more Horde-Formation-Death-star-Fest. As such I began to explore and download previous editions again (glad I never deleted my old material.)

Of the old editions before horde-formation-deathstars, what's your favorite? I've been really liking 6th. The reduced frontage allows for smaller model-count games that still feel epic. At first the reduced frontage looked weird, but after a couple games, I didn't even notice. The independent character rules give a more effective place to put non-vampire casters, which was always a problem in 8th and 7th. You wouldn't initially think that changing the norm from 1 giant deathstar blob with flank support to 3 smaller R&F blocks with flank support would change THAT much, but it really improves the tactical depth of the game so it doesn't feel like two blobs throwing dice at each other until one side runs out of wounds final-fantasy-style. The only thing I'd really want to see fixed is guess-range weapons, and some tweaking to the magic system.

What's your favorite pre-deathstar-edition and why?

To be very frank, that pic that you posted is one of the many stupid things that authors wrote from a lacking knowledge base. Those who understand the technology just kinda glance over and correct in game. WHFRP is filled with a lot of those, like 5+ pound swords etc. Wheel locks are never, ever a "better choice" and was a technology that ended for a reason. Also, it kinda ignores all the cannon models and images of dwarves and empire with wheel locks.

I won't harsh your mellow, because to those who don't know or care, its a non issue. But the guys and girls at my table (other history professionals) would question it just as much as I, so we kinda just automatically correct it, and move on

In a Not!16thC setting, you have matchlock, and wheel lock, and maybe snaphaunce (early flintlock). For anons, 18thC tech game, it would be 100% flintlock.

>In an MMO you start as a unit champion and end as a minor redshirt hero.
Maybe 10 years ago

To try and be a little fair to WHRP, I bet they probably had to make some of those choices for the sake of gameplay rather than historical accuracy. If swords are too light, it's harder to manage things like carry weight or something. If the most present kind of guns are wheellocks and matchlocks, they're 'more difficult' than the flintlock, which is not as meticulous in its use and upkeep and all that, and is more familiar to a wider audience. But that's just me guessing.

Not really much more for me to say at this point, since you obviously know more about firearms than I do, at least in this period. Just clarifying that I felt like flintlocks were the 'better choice' that made wheellocks an obsolete part of the setting, and images of dwarven cannons can be kind of weird - notice in pic related how that looks like a shell of some sort that's being loaded?

I'd be surprised

I think everyone can agree that WAR was massively underwhelming, either way.

6th easily

It's just a really great set of rules with great books

> If swords are too light, it's harder to manage things like carry weight

That makes no sense. Its only cutting the weight in half for a one handed arming sword. Most groups in general don't bother with carrying capacity unless you're hauling heavy shit on purpose. Again, that is neither here nor there.

>Dwarves
Don't count to the technology cap. They smack runes with hammers to magically set off cannon, and have steam powered helicopters. Just roll with it.

Of all the things 9th-age could have done, they just replicated deathstar-edition (though at-least they went from TLOS to B2B with unit-heights.)

I kind of wish they'd incorporated more elements from some of the pre-deathstar-editions.

I know I stripped out encumbrance entirely. Worthless system.

So...if most groups just drop carrying capacity entirely and don't bother with weights, why does it bother you that a sword is oh so heavy beyond pedantry?

Gropey is a histfag. It bothers him for the same reason it bothers any nerd when someone gets the object of his nerdery wrong.

Autism?

>They smack runes with hammers to magically set off cannon, and have steam powered helicopters. Just roll with it.

I think the moment that broke me, Dwarf Tech wise, was the Blakk and Dehkker Underground Drill.

>not the Elven language
Wood Elves armybook 6th edition

>this thread is under the watch of /twg/
Good.

They say Kegh-mon.

Do elves still practice the art of Bran-Wa-Shin?

Pretty much

Same reason that making leather armour a thing and either ditching or making quilted defenses shit bothers me. Or having potatos in medieval europe.

You're both right. And you're on Veeky Forums, which makes us all spergs.

>I think the moment that broke me, Dwarf Tech wise, was the Blakk and Dehkker Underground Drill.

Not the steam trains, blimps, ironclad ships or prosthetics?

>Not the steam trains, blimps, ironclad ships or prosthetics?

Nah. I can accept a certain level of departure from reality - we are literally in a magical realm here. It's just...the puns. Jesus Christ, all the puns. A never-ending tirade of gags, gaffs and jokes.

I mean shit, compared to Skaven-Tech, Dwarf-Tech is a freaking dream.

>Did these guys ever look cool
you wanna say, they didn't?

>having potatos in medieval europe.
WHEW LAD. That fucking triggers me like nothing else. I will own up to this particular autism.

Does the idea of peasants of the Empire farming potatoes bother you?

I hate Pontus since Rome 1

Medieval Europe didn't had elves, dwarfs, orcs, beastmen and chaos either.

Yes. No potatos in my fantasy europe.

Its pretty clearly based on history though. You can be a dirty, potato having peasant.