Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Flying_Cars_And_Jetpacks__Where_Are_They?.trid
>ARES_Unveils_New_Exoskeleton_Line.news
>Essence_Cost_Free_Augmentation.thread
>Space_Habitat:_Creation_Placement_Upkeep.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 300 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Omae, when will we get a fucking tech revolution? Because what we currently have stinks IMO'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running In_The_Year_2889.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Lost technology edition
What technology do you wish SR had, that it does not currently?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Fjmeu5
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What technology do you wish SR had, that it does not currently?
>ARES_Unveils_New_Exoskeleton_Line.news

Nah I'm good mate, seem it's already on the way.

Powered exoskeletons/power armor.

I mean, I can always rig some up with a rigger cocoon and an anthroform drone.

But I wish it was supported straight up.

Let's summon up the mages.

Kinda, yeah... Are there any sonic weapons aside from the noiz-drones? Those would be kind of neat. Like sustained sound attack that inflicts a steady amount of nonlethal and some penalties each turn.

Extra Arms
IF Rigger Interface can make my brain understand how it feels to be a car it can make my brain understand how to handle extra arms
Other thing is if gene mods cost essence now would curing a genetic disease also cost essence ?

A fucking ATPIAL. Seriously, these have been around for decades now.

The problem is always: how do we use this to level the playing field for mundanes and make sure awakened can't abuse it.

I'd say it needs to require at least a DNI, maybe a control rig. Furthermore it should probably be loosely tied to base stats in a way. That way a 1 str wizard can't spend his extra million nuyen on a super exoskeleton that lets him fight just as well as any Sammy.

>ATPIAL

But IR Laser Designators already exist, baka

Why don't we use rigger interface to control extra arms?

Needs VR

But anything you could do by putting a rigger cocoon on a drone could be done by just rigging into the drone from the safety of an armored van a block away with added benefit of not getting shot at.

>would curing a genetic disease also cost essence ?
Yes.

That's just part of a smartgun system.

Pretty much. Powered armor is one of those things that you just do because it's cool, not because it's more optimal than using a drone the traditional way.

Last time I checked however, the Smartgun doesn't have a flashlight on it. ATPIALs are both a laser pointer and a flashlight on the same module.

Plus it's not like there are rules for using multiple arms outside the Shiva arm mutation

The other argument I've seen is that most shadowrunners never run into a situation that involves something that loud. They're not really suited to stealth and high mobility.

Smartgun system, low-light camera upgrade, low-light flashlight upgrade. It's a modular system instead.

>most shadowrunners never run into a situation that involves something that loud
Agree to disagree.

My players assaulted an entire gang neighborhood, fighting block by block until they routed or exterminated the enemy. They used Heavy Milspec and still got their asses kicked, and they would've if they all didn't have pain-editors and if the mage didn't have some fantastic rolls.

Next session they plan on raiding a cartel stronghold in South America. Some Shadowrunners are nuts like that.

Sonic Screech rifle, it's in the core book.

Thanks. It will do with some houseruling.

Okay i got a theoritical question.
Assuming i would cure a genetical disease on one person, he loses essence.
Now if the cured person engages in some coitus and creates an offspring. Would said offspring also have a essence loss ?

Nope. In 4e, there was a quality for being a second-generation recipient of geneware - have you a certain amount that didn't count against your Essence. In 5e, that would be represented by the Prototype Transhuman quality.

>the crystalline shards cost 1P of unresisted Drain every time you use them
Holy shit, the Blood Crystal stuff is such hot garbage.

It would be decent if they dropped the 1P/1S you lose for every limb you get. It'd be usable if throwing crystal shards didn't deal you automatic damage every time you made an attack.

Expensive, but decent and usable.

But as it stands, it asks you to pay dozens of karma for the privilege of making your character worse. That's just sad.

Seriously dude, when the heck was the last time you heard "shit" being used for something that was good?

Not that long ago, in the context of substance (ab)use.

What's a good way to learn the 4e rules for decking?

You have 3 options
1. Learning PDF related until you can recite it by heart
2. Convincing your GM not to use them
3. Convincing your GM to use an alternative matrix system, like EotM (though not necessarily it)

Thanks man, time to not fuck up.

chummer, you are using the matrix rules
you ALREADY fucked up

>What's a good way to learn the 4e rules for decking?
By just not.

Hacking has been pretty shit in every edition, but 4e in particular is the edition where you could just run a bot on your smartphone to hack things for you. No personal skill or engagement involved.

100% script kiddie.

Seriously, don't bother with it. Not only is it so poorly-written that it's not fun in and of itself, it takes time away from the parts of the game that actually are fun for everyone at the table.

>Nah I'm good mate, seem it's already on the way.
sorry omae, but it's not what you think
they just hung up a line of classroom skeletons outside one of their facility

>4e in particular is the edition where you could just run a bot on your smartphone to hack things for you. No personal skill or engagement involved.

Everyone gives this reason but it's so easy to just avoid it.
Don't use Agents, make them program specific, or just don't allow them for hacking actions at all. Geez.

>Can you turn your blood crystal sword arm into a weapon focus?
Literally no rules against it.

So, I'm pretty thickheaded and still new to chummer when it comes to making characters. How do I increase my limits so they're not so low?

Anti-spirit warfare, I see. Spoops damage cuts right through their hardened armour.

Telesma have to be inanimate objects.
Per Shadowrun rules, or do you want a houserule?

Both would definitely be appreciated!
Also anything that would allow me to actually increase it within chummer, just for simplicities sake.

Duct tape and a flashlight

>Telesma have to be inanimate objects.
There are rules for both tattoos and scarification on living tissue being used as foci.

Which are specific exclusions to the rule that a telesma has to be an inanimate object, and only apply to qi foci.
Ordinarily you'd just switch to the Limits tab and add custom modifiers, but I just found a bug while trying to do that, so I'll have to fix it. Once you're in career mode you can use the Improvements tab to create your own Limit-modifying improvements.

Any news on the technobook or should I drop by next year for that? Or at least anything new since the "Totally not the Deck-Of-Many-Things"?

Nope. Trog book is the next scheduled book, Ten AIs and Echoes & Mirages are still stuck in editing hell.

Forbidden Arcana

>and only apply to qi foci
Also wrong. The qi focus tattoos in the core rulebook are only qi foci, but the rules get expanded upon later to include any type of focus. For example, look up the rules for tattoos in Street Grimoire - page 131, I believe.

Check your shit before you start spreading false information. You're respected, so people look to you as a reliable source.

>Using the Artificing skill, the magician can create qi and other foci as tattoo

??? So...qi and other foci? It doesn't seem to specify what sort of foci or how to make them. seems more like a CGL fuckup.

>It doesn't seem to specify what sort of foci
>qi and other foci
>or how to make them
>Using the Artificing skill

Nah, 'and other foci' means literally any type of focus can be made as a tattoo by that method.

Mind you, a tattoo that's a weapon focus would be of limited use unless it's right across your knuckles, I'd imagine.

You're kind of stupid.

I want to turn my blood crystal arm into a weapon focus to fist Eiger as she receives leonization treatments that cost essence, so that her youthful vigor lets her more effortlessly eat out a pixie technomancer who is controlling an AI drone streetsam with no code of honor and forcing it to fuck Hestaby while they all wear Sleeping Tiger!

The only reason qi foci are even mentioned in that passage is because they're the Core example of tattoo foci. 'And other' is every other type of focus.

You've really got to hold off this shitposting until 200 replies or so, at which point you can adequately build the narrative with maximum autism.

Well pardon me for having doubts about CGL's rock solid editing and uncontradicting rules.

If I don't start out early I get beaten to the punch and then how will I produce content to feed my family

Twitter.

Thank you for including the sleeping tiger bit. Next time consider adding a bit about trash and/or whores to drive the meme home.

CGL fucks shit up all the time, but jumping straight to 'CGL did this by mistake' when you read something you didn't originally expect is pretty dumb when it's written clear and plain as day.

I'm just going to assume that you've been drinking - to have been that poor at reading comprehension - and that you're normally clearer-headed.

I'll let you off this time, but don't do it again you scamp.

Elaborate, my meme formulae needs refining

Sleeping Tiger, made of trash and makes you look like a Thai(?) whore.

The sleeping tiger meme became a bit about the last confirmed detailed appearance of sleeping tiger (being partially made out of PVC) and how that couldn't ACTUALLY look good. Someone then posted a picture of a lady wearing a PVC jacket as a counterpoint and the first guy started talking about how he had extensive experience with whores and she looked like one of them.
/srg/!

What a whore

Fgsfds. Sorry, I always forget about that entry, it's awful enough that I always blank it out. Passed some questions on to the errata folks to look at in about three years while I was thinking of it though:

>Are there any limitations on the kinds of foci that can be created through Tattoo Magic?
>If you can create weapon foci, does it count for all unarmed attacks that you make?
>>If yes, does this flow on to unarmed attacks from bio/cyberware?
>>How do adept powers like Killing Hands interact with this?
>If you are somehow incapacitated and someone uses Disenchanting to destroy your tattoo'd focus, does this cause any damage to you?
>>What form would the reagents from this take?
>Does an active tattoo focus cause your body to also become dual-natured or otherwise sufficient to be targeted by a mana spell from the astral?

Quick question. Cyber singularity seeker. Does it boost your WIL past the racial limit and does it count as a bonus for the purpose of max +4 to one Attribute?

Its an Augmentation, it can push you past your Racial Natural Maximum and counts towards the +4 Maximum

Hello fellow runners, Play-by-post Discord user here. Our first run is well on it's way, and you can watch us play on our Discord. We also have a channel now where you can hang out with fellow SR players and find groups to play via Discord, Teamspeak or whatever your flavour of chat program is.

You can find us at discord.gg/Fjmeu5

>What technology do you wish SR had, that it does not currently?

Supercavitating submarines. I want underwater dogfights.

>Supercavitating submarines.

That feels super situational.

I want it.

First technomancer, pls r8. Also how do I matrix?

Hi /srg/, I'm a new GM trying to run some 5e core+. I plan on basing my first game in Boston, as I'm most familiar with its layout.
The runners will likely start their climb in the Rox or Southie. A go-gang definitely isn't out of the question.

I've read Lockdown, among other books, and I'd rather start the game pre-dragon nanorain.
AI cyberzombies sound fun, but are also a good twist and an excuse to maybe move away from The Hub.

Is there any basic advice or ideas you guys can offer a new GM?
Specifically regarding Boston corps/lore/structure?
I'm currently scrounging about for homebrew Matrix rules to try and simplify things.

>Also how do I matrix?
You're not ready to play a technomancer. Play a decker.

Was kind of afraid I'd hear that. Some of this technomancer stuff seems like more familiar turf than deckers, though, in that I've played magicians pretty extensively. I'm not quite as new as I sound, I've just never run a technomancer on the PC end of things. I'm used to being the GM and trusting the guy playing the hacker to know what the hell he's talking about.

NeoNET is a hot mess internally. Corporate Guide from 4e has a lot you could probably work with. Also, Shadows of North America from 3e touches on Boston IIRC. I don't think it's a bad idea to simply make it your own canvas, though.

Technomancers are a lot more high risk high reward when it comes to Matrix combat. Really, you will want to play a decker first to get familiarity with the Matrix system and rules. Then go technomancer.

Thanks for the heads-up, I only downloaded the 5e books.
I've been building my current D&D5e campaign from scratch week to week, so being able to play in a real city is already a big load off my shoulders.

I live in the rural south and my group wants me to GM a game set in that region. Any books on the state of the south? Thinking about setting it in Memphis or the like. Would I be better off just making it my own?

Are there any decently affordable aerospace options? I'd like to get something flying for a wheelman character but the prices seem beyond what a game would ever reach, let alone what a character could start with.

Aerospace? No
Something flying? There are medevac and extraction drones that can fit a person and cost 12k. Will need some tinkering

How do I get myself an absolutely pink mohawk GM?
I have so many things I want to try, not the least of which is the scooby doo approach to a theft.

10 pages in 3rd edition Shadows of Europe, 2 pages in 4th edition Sixth World Almanac. That's all I know off.

I was looking for something more in the Helo or VTOL front than drones.

>First technomancer
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every day, until you like it

Other than the Wasp?
Nope. Surprisingly helicopters and planes are not cheap

Additionally, it would be nice if I could do more dumbass moneymaking schemes.

I guess I'll scrap this character then. Most of them are outside of what I could see the group ever making money-wise. Not much use being a good pilot if I'll never get to use it.

The Wasp is 80k and the books are not infront of me but I think you can put incresed seating. So thats 2 people it can carry, 3 if you squeze and the speed would be lowered by 1.
If this is not enough for you, yes scrap that character.

Well, you could still steal one

>Shadows of Europe
Why would Memphis be in Shadows of Europe?

Yeah, I was looking at a smuggler character for a Caribbean game and that's a bit short on carrying capacity for smuggling.

Caribbean smuggling is more of a boat thing anyway.

Don't forget 'what happens when a focus becomes grafted to your aura.'

Let's say you have a weapon focus blade get implanted as a spur, or a plastic hip that was enchanted as a power focus before implantation, or an unbonded blood crystal enchanted as a qi focus before getting bound.

What happens then?

By the rules, absolutely nothing.

It falls into the same category as "used" (second hand / defective / poor quality) cultured bioware. Something that some people feel strongly about, but don't have actual rules support for.

>defective/poor quality
isn't that omega ware?

Why wouldn't an exoskeleton be suited to high mobility? Hell, it should make you even more mobile than without it.

Awww shit I meant Shadows of NA

A) The mechanics only exist for cyberware
B) Settingwise, they're the same thing

>EotM

Is there anything like that but for 5e?