Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What was the last major personality development your character had? Character development is good, right?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YQnvEm2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But they DO have an ass! It's really firm and stuff! Promise!

So, Silver or Cold Iron. Also Morningstar or Flail? The game is Iron Gods

Wait, wait, wait, hold up.

Androids don't have ANY Favored Class?

Getting rejected, story untold

Favored Class does not funcion in PF the same as it did in 3.5. Any race can have any Favored Class, all it does is grant a bonus skill point or hit point everytime you take a level in said class.

Though, tere are also Alternate FAvored Class Bonuses you can take instead that are unique to each race. However I'm unaware if Androids hav any of those

I guess not, unless you care to use the 3pp list.

Cold Iron and flail if you have access to martial weapons

Depending on how much the GM alters the start you'll thank me or don't even notice a difference.

Also don't pile out of combat healing items, running away is better.

When was the last time you played a fantasy black person?

Was it a wise magical negro?

/pfg/ for a level 1 human barb what's a good feat to compliment power attack?

Furious Focus.

raging vitality to prevent sudden barbarian death syndrome

It was a magical negro and it was the funniest character I've ever played.

I know how it fucking functions you imbecile mongoloid. I was obviously referring to the various favored classes that (practically?) all races get.

Obviously anyone can take the +1 HP, but it's usually a shitty choice. It's still odd as fuck that Androids don't seem to get any favored class bonuses.

>I guess not, unless you care to use the 3pp list.
I was hoping not to, since that requires DM input for the crunching. I'm just going to ask the DM if I can take the benefits of another fitting pre-existing race.

But it's still pretty dang weird, since Androids have featured pretty prominently in multiple books. Much more obscure races have relatively full lists.

I almost played one once but I couldn't bring myself to put my Intelligence score low enough for it to be believable.

Isn't that what playing a UCBarb is for

I played a black guy in a one shot horror game.

It was a pretty fun 20 minutes.

>When was the last time you played a fantasy black person?

>tfw the joke character I wrote for this post is a concept I actually really, deeply want to play

Fuck.

Finally deciding to come clean to someone he's had a crush on for years. Still no word on how that's going to turn out.

I'm working on this DSP SRD

Currently uploading all the Bloodforge races and hand-editing them.

I appear to have the old crappy-art version of Bloodforge though, anyone got the updated version which I THINK has errata'd versions of races in it?

Why are there all these /pfg/ GMs who blanket allow 3pp subsystems like Path of War and Spheres of Power WITHOUT being familiar with them?

For fuck's sake, why would you blanket allow a subsystem you're ignorant of?

Do you have to please /pfg/'s 3pp-humping tendencies THAT badly?

Posting cross thread since I only just got back to my computer.

Thank you for the feedback- you've actually touched on exactly the same issues I have with my own character (Luthaya), so I'll definitely want to work on resolving them. It'll probably require a partial or complete overhaul of the character to fix, but I'll see what I can do.

By the way, could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean about making her like a Q separated from the Continuum? I know what the Q are, but I'm not clear on what you're really suggesting.

Quick, someone do a once over of the Dominions of Vice apps!

None of those GMs actually run a campaign tho. They just steal the apps as fap material. Never wondered why all of those games are lewd games?

>Path of War and Spheres of Power WITHOUT being familiar with them?
I think the only person here unfamiliar with them is you. Shoo shoo Paidrone

Sooo, if I wanted to go divine monk, what should be better? sohei1/enlightenedPalX or SacredFistX?

Pretty much, yeah. Unless you already have friends you can play with, you've got to appeal to certain kinds of people.

People who hate Pathfinder but desperately need more attention.
People who want to build something utterly broken.
People who decide that everything's lewd and want to show off how fucking perverted they can be.

If you don't pander to these fuckers, you end up getting ignored or actively shit on.

I'd recommend Sacred Fist, possibly with a Master of Many Styles dip if you can convince your GM to either let you use the pre-errata version (and get Pummeling Charge by 2nd level) or make a MoMS conversion for Unchained Monk.

>People who want to build something utterly broken.
Considering how few Wizards there are that see play in these games, I'm disinclined to believe you, and think that you're either an idiot or shitposting. Or samefagging, but I'd rather not make that assumption just yet. Hell, most memegame apps I've seen tend to be overally unoptomized in general, and the only person I really ever see optomizing and powergaming those systems is 2hu, even though everyone keeps telling him to shut the fuck up.

The last point I'll concede to, and is one of the main reasons why I don't apply for meme games

Because most of us actually like what DSP does for PoW/Psionics, and the same for DDS's SoM?
You know, many fa/tg/uys have a lot of time on their hands. And that time can be spent reading and learning about the subsystems.

Could you upload something else in the meantime? You don't wanna have to just re-do all those pages.

To be fair, 2hu does have the handicap of actually not being able to understand why anyone would not appreciate over-optimizing.

Personally I think was more on point with their first assertion. I keep running into the problem of someone who won't stop shitting on Pathfinder. And the kind of people who keep trying to boss around other PCs, hog GM attention, and generally just try to make the game all about themselves. But those two rarely go hand in hand, fortunately.

I have to agree with . I have seem many GMs allow them when having no idea how they work, then having knee jerk reactions once they see them in action.

It's the same reason I don't allow psionics. I don't know them and thus don't allow them because I don't know how to GM around them. It doesn't have to do with their balance, just my knowledge of their function.

Allowing DSP material also raises the optimization to a pretty high level.

Isn't DHB the worst optimization offender with his "retard bonus to diplomacy" bullshit?

Currently I'm just gonna add a Race template to all of the Bloodforge races, then get onto the various class templates for all the classes (Psionic, Akashic, Initiating). If someone could provide me with the updated version of bloodforge that'd be great- I've only got Aellar and Alicorns done anyhow. Akashic was next on my list and I don't think it's received any major errata (and with how Rajah is shaping up to be a very fine class, might be prudent to start putting that stuff in an SRD of its own because it isn't available ANYWHERE else)

Honestly, no. He tried that once for RotJR, and pretty much just as a joke. He's also much more open to backing down his shit when pressed (like when he applied to LoBaF).

I'm passingly familiar with PoW, as in I understand how the system works and I recognize the different disciplines, but I wouldn't consider myself intimately familiar with it. I ran a game that allowed PoW specifically to help familiarize myself with the material through my players, who knew it better than I did.

Was it a mistake? Possibly. But trial by fire works, except for when it doesn't and even then at least watching you go down in flames with possibly explosive fallout is usually entertaining to outside observers.

Not reading the subsystem rules is a problem with the GM, not the rules, and chances are if you don't know or understand simple systems like SoP or Psionics, you probably don't know 1pp Pathfinder as much as you think you do, consideirng base PAthfinder is twice the convoluted mess that PoW, Psionics, and SoP are. The only subsystem that's just as bad is honestly Akasha, but that's mostly because o Ssalarn getting his fingers on it and fucking it up, and is why SoM is currently in a coma

If I recall, that was only the one time, and it was memed way too much. Most of his other apps tend to be more sanely built, if somewhat silly and egregiously tone-deaf

I generally think most PFG DM's are too light a touch.

Oh I'll give you a heavy touch user

It raises the floor, not the ceiling, and allows for being able to make decent martials as good as a Super-Optimized Fighter with half of the optimization and crunch needed

Or you're just a lazy cunt who can't be arsed to learn new systems because you're afraid they'll be just as labyrinthine as the mess that is Pathfinder. Just pick up the books and read nigga, its not hard.

Ok /pfg/ settle the argument for me

The players guide to Iron gods says that a player playing a kasatha could require significant changes

You guys say it doesn't

which is it? My research suggests that the nature of Kasatha on golarion is that all those alive would have survived in stasis pods

PoW characters are always more crunch because of maneuvers alone, don't bullshit.

Dehaka: feels like the character is built around the gimmick of teleporting, as if the player would play this up without giving the character personality.

Joun: reads like a joke.

Aethia: I'm not fond of "beloved by everyone" as a personality trait. Give me a description of somebody beloved by everyone, and I'll come to that conclusion on my own. The backstory has a lot of fat that can be trimmed, but it's serviceable. It doesn't jump off the page, however.

Kiri: Dodged the dickass thief angle nicely. His motivation doesn't feel like it'll keep him with the party, but a reason may come up in play.

Sigmund: No.

Carinth: Has no defined reason to be there beyond some spirit telling him so. He's a fey halfling, which is odd. The player submitted another app, which... might not be odd? I dunno, feels odd to me to submit 2 apps.

Amon: Nothing special, but he's solid. He likely won't get much attention, since he's on the bland side, and we can obsess over the trap.

Erebus: The backstory is on the unbelievable side, though I like some of the personality things done. He thinks others are greedy and hoarding magic while he takes it mostly for himself and doesn't really want to share either.

If I had to say, strongest are Aethia, Erebus, Amon, and Kiri, not necessarily in that order. My opinion is worth dick, though.

The DM is online right now, ask him.

Okay, everybody. The mojo has passed and the dream is dead, what with the lack of general interest in the game. I will not be running You're the Village Now at this time. I might leave the listing up so people can see when and what I update for it for its eventual run, but it's not gonna be overly soon, and might be done in a different format than I originally intended.

With that said...I did promise you guys I would open Fiendish Intrigue early if Village didn't get any traction, so, yeah.

Are you ready for some fucking intrigue, lads?

There are toooooooo many games!

Maneuvers are at best a third the crunch of spellcasting so I don't know what you're trying to say here

POWER WORD KILL STARTOAD

It would require that the GM makes it so that the Kasatha aren't a bunch of urban legends to anybody not familiar with Numeria and even then there's conflicting lore about them: Iron Gods suggests that they are scattered individuals and as rare as they come while other fluff claims that they have reclusive tribes scattered about.

Iron Gods assume's it's own fluff on the Kasatha to reflect you come across only two living kasatha in the whole campaign.

But those manuevers allow you the chance to make a character easy without as much optimization. Stances and Boosts are often capable of emulating and replacing feats, at least until you have the space needed to grab them, which allows more leeway for the character to build how they wish without any considerable drops in performance, allowing to alleviate many of the problems inherent in PF's Ivory Tower design. Further, woith the way MAnuevers are organized based on type, level, and disc, and how many you can get, it can be argued it is less cumbersome and more forgiving to select manuevers for a PoW character than it is for a caster to select spells.

Overall, the whole system is significantly less bulky and frustrating to finagle with than making a 1pp caster, and requires less overall system mastery and time delving into the crunch to create a competent character than it would take to create an equally competant Figther in base PF.

Plus Manuevers are more fun that just full-attacking all day erryday

I've never seen a PoW character not just use maneuvers that did more damage than full attacks.

Either you're playing with shit 1pp builds or you haven't grasped how to make conditon-based maneuvers god-tier

I don't see how inflicting the "dead" condition is not better than fucking around with anything else.

Isn't there moments where its supposed to imply that the kathasa are from space, and the ones you come across are like, definately ones that were in stasis pods?

The only 3pp that PLD allowed was Avowed.

Yet PLD was basically one of the most popular games EVER.

Was it all because of the lewd?

>the same for DDS's SoM?

>Ssalarns of Might

Yeah, no.

Yes, and its shame to this day

Yeah the first living one you come across makes a note of that.

>Was it all because of the lewd?
Yes. Lewd and memes, and Vult being a shilly shit

I was mostly interested in PLD due to the setting. The lewd was just the icing on the cake.
>tfw I won't get to be a werewolf

Yeah. People were only interested in either PLD's rape bullshit, or trying to provoke Vult to greater heights of tard rage over the CERTAINTY that there was a conspiracy of people out to ruin his shitty rape game.

Hey /pfg/ just wanted to ask for some feedback. I've posted in a few threads before to gauge interest in a variety of campaign ideas I've had that I've been considering running for /pfg/. I've compiled them along with some elaboration and influences into a pastebin for easy reading. If you guys don't mind I'd appreciate some feedback. The basic options are:

>Monster Hunter style kill all the big things campaign where monster parts can be used in gear crafting

>Privateer/Pirates game that starts with Skull&Shackles or Serpent's Skull and diverges into some golarion freedom for exploration

>Lamashtan cult/cosmic or body horror urban campaign involving themes of transcendence of flesh

>A Jade Regent styled romp in Golarion's Minkai

>urban organized crime campaign involving the building of a guild/gang with a focus on gang warfare/politics and law enforcement

For full explanations and recaps from the last thread where I elaborated on it, here's the pastebin I created:

pastebin.com/YQnvEm2E

So, is it ever worth it to use a Dagger Pistol? Further, if one is wielded by a Savage Technologist, would the Dagger part still be usable for the archetype's built in TWF, or would I need the actual feat?

BAM
BOO
ZLE

a permanently crowd-control'd target is far more useful in more scenarios than a dead.

I wouldn't expect someone that doesn't understand the round-by-round limitations of using full attack strikes in terms of DPR to understand that though. Go back to your barbarians with a 2h and power attack

fucks sake just choose one and run it already

>the round-by-round limitations of using full attack strikes in terms of DPR
You're right, we should be doing Zenith Strike+Reflected Blade Style in a damage stance instead

PLD was popular but it really wasn't that popular. Overlewd got like twice the apps and I think it had a shorter recruitment.

Its reputation has been stretched in every direction over time between the DM and players bringing it up so often and the haters... also bringing it up so often.

>kill all the big things
To what fucking end?

>Pirates
That bullshit is where campaigns go to die

>Lamashtan
You make it sound interesting, but this is /pfg/. It'd just be ERP horseshit.

>Jade Regent styled
You might as well have written jibberish. This is entirely meaningless, because Jade Regent is such a clusterfuck of things that you can't possibly mean anything other than "I want to be RotJR."

>gang warfare
Okay, this one might actually be okay.

What was the CharGen for this, again?

I don't know what's worse, you being retarded, or this being such terrible bait.

tbhqbbq I would play a game that was just 1pp+Feat Taxes+Avowed+Jolly/Legendary content, maybe a few individual feats from other publishers and homebrews (like the one guy's Muscle Memory feat chain) allowed on a case-by-case group review basis. I would also probably prefer it to be a small group that's all friends instead of the application circus, though. I want to actually be in a gestalt game with the "intended" number of players it was for, too.

Monster Hunter seems pretty cool.

>Nun
>With a Star of David
nigga what

Pirates or bust!

Jesus was a jew

>Skulls and Shackles
Tonight we killed two people from the enemy gang on board the ship in chapter one, basically due to an escalation of violence from the past few sessions.

Now the GM is going to kill half of us at the start of next session as retribution.

This campaign is almost as boring as Reign of Winter.

Yeah, so? Last I checked there weren't Jewish nuns wearing Catholic-style habits.
So it's what, alternate history?

Nobody actually applied, so it doesn't count. Also, I still fully intending to run it at some point, when I can drum up interest for it both in myself and others. It was just too niche of a game to start off with at this point in time.
Village had a slightly wonky chargen that allowed lv5 NPC class starts and lv2 PC class starts with low default PB but adjustable depending on how low level you started. In all fairness it was probably a bit weird to throw out.

Why do people say you have to run away in iron gawds

Weebs and Nips cannot into Abhrahamic religions. To them its just something to pull wierd symbolism from the Apocrypha and slap together, much in the same way we do to Greek Mythology.
Ironically enough though, the only series where I saw them use christin symbolism in a tasteful and not hamfisted manner with Hokuto no Ken, epsecialy with how Shu's death was done in reference to Golgatha

I mean the christian cross is a fabrication anyways as romans crucified you on poles not crosses.

There are a few encounters that are challenging for level ones depending on group comp. If you have an 18 str barbarian they can basically carry you through all of book one, as is tradition.

Your point being?
Besides being a fedora-tipping douche?

Anyone can choose any one class as their favored class.

Various classes can have various bonuses for various races, but otherwise you pick +1 skill point or +1 HP at every level up (you can switch it around). The extra bonuses are just "you can choose this instead as this race if this class is your favored one". Whether that's useful or not varies greatly... Getting +1/5th of a 5ft (it's +1ft but only does anything at the 5ft breakpoints) on paladin aura radii is pretty cool, but sometimes it's "oh uh, you get +1/2 (again, need two purchases to give +1) to your disarm chance when only using the stinger tail on your akashic veil on that turn", so YMMV

Trigun was okay with it, but in that case the author had actually converted to Christianity and had a basic working knowledge of how it was supposed to work.

It still got all muddled up because he kept injecting a ton of Buddhist stuff as well, but that was probably unavoidable considering how deeply intertwined such things are with Japanese culture.

That the chrisitians until said fabrication used jewish iconography, so it isn't too abstract to imagine some weird splinter sect of christianity might use jewish symbols.

No no, I meant CharGen for Fiendish Intrigue.

Also, the Cross-guns were just badass, especially when Wolfwood had to fight that one Tri-Punisher dude and his old boss.
Man, Trigun was so cool

Why should I have too learn a new subsystem every time someone wants to try something new? Really there are enough good players who want to play what I already know how to run that I have no incentive to learn any new large 3pp subsystem. You're just being really entitled in the idea that the GM HAS to learn everything based on player whims.

>To be fair, 2hu does have the handicap of actually not being able to understand why anyone would not appreciate over-optimizing.

Wait really? Like as an actual medical condition?

Because if not, its still annoying. He was in the threads for one of the smaller games doing that, and i had to keep telling him rule of cool trumped powergaming in that system.

That has not quite been determined yet, because I'm just fiddling together the pitch right now. But at the very least 25pb, Elephant, N.Jolly/Legendary allowed, 3pp/brew allowed by case (including most of my work), along those lines. I am not keen on including PoW because it's wonky, but other stuff (like Spheres or Psionics) could get by. I might fancy it up a little more, I'm not sure.

Literal autism.

2hu has actual fucking autism. Like he literally doesn't comprehend things like 'not everything needs to be optimized and tactically perfect'

That's okay, Abrahamic worshipers cannot into their religions either, and most of the stuff was stolen from the previous religions anyways.

YHWH is the shittiest most jealous of the Elohim anyhow, he doesn't deserve delicious soul power.

2hu literally has an actual diagnosis of autism. He isn't merely "acting autistic", he is autistic.

That's why he doesn't understand why nobody wants to play with him except other people who like hyper-optimization, and why even when his games break down he still assumes it was because he only did something wrong mechanically.

DHB being tone deaf is a meme that only happened like twice out of like16 games he applied to.