Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Daemons Edition

Previous: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
No longer exists

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/05/your-codex-is-coming-july-5gw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im gay btw

First for tactical dog fucking.

>quality posts

>bought a macron 500 ink pen because some guy used it in a painting vid and thought the effect looked cool
>it's absolute shit
>at least the set was only 20$

even for purity seal writing, should I just use a fine tip with abaddon black?

What's the best way to equip sternguard? stormbolters,combi weapons or special issue bolters?

> 3. Fortune: WC value 7. Targets a single Asuryani unit within 24". It allows to ignore wounds and mortal wounds on a 5+. Works before the multiplication

Is 1d4chan right on this one? You make the Fortune roll before rolling for damage? What if it's flat damage?

Fourth for new table!

Are you trying to bait the genestealer slut into posting or something

>replaced
Not really? GW had done absolutely nothing with them.

However, I do believe they would make a fine replacement. They're more Viking-y and less retarded than Space Yiffs, and the idea of space traders/miners is awesome. My issue would be if they could ONLY ally with the Tau.

Seeing as the local tournament is using PL, I don't have much of a fucking choice in the matter.

Posted again because of the new thread.

No, it got FAQ'd iirc

If I wanted to paint this guy as a Word Bearer, how would I do so? The robes in particular.

It is pretty obvious how most Tau fags are just fucking posers, they call their battlesuit "anime mechas" without actually know 2 thing about them or just for the sake of "lol they looks like those things from chinese cartoons and most 40k fag hate weebs lets annoy them"

why does so much daemon art have different gods working together, when the chaos gods hate each other even more than the imperium 99% of the time?

Need opinions on these shoulder pad insert things for my loyalist alphas. They're so hard to put on I'm really considering just getting forge world pads.

>packaging foam bunkers

my man

IIRc WB don't have any dedicated sorcerers. they literally don't have shit except for dark apostles

just paint him however you want and fluff that he's allied for some reason

Also Xth for if people stopped posting my shit with the sole intention to troll you wouldn't see it so much you fuckers

I'm just saying, it wouldn't take much extra effort for a genecult to infect animals, then have not just the Purestrains and cultists at uprising time, but also a tide of genehounds and sewer rats and groxes and horrible shit. On TOP of all their other stuff, just infect a few animals and let the infected animals do the rest of the work.

The different gods work together all the fucking time, read the Daemon Codex.

Just because they hate each other doesn't mean they don't have fun together.

Duncan has two or three tutorials for WB red. I'd leave the robe black.

>the Grinchcrons try to steal Christmas, but thankfully the Berzelves and Lord Christmas himself rip their spines out if they try!

What colours would the Bird Wearers chapter be painted in?

Every race should have pets they can bring to the fight. I want more squig options for my Orks.

Would probably be too difficult to keep a low-profile with those.

The FAQ refers to two abilities that explicitly work when you lose a wound e.g. disgustingly resilient and the warlord trait FNP.

those look sick wtf, where'd you get them and how're they hard to put on?

Nids do not need GSC for random animales.
They need when the random animals can actually fight back.

Black robes probably, though ash grey could be a good callback move if you can make it work.

>PL tourney
I'm sorry brah. The issue with PL so that it uses mean cost and is meant, in truth, for kiddie games, not tourneys.

May want to have a word with them, armies that can't customize a ton are at a fuckhueg disadvantage. Though they'll see as much after the first rounds

Just now learned that the next four dexs that GW has said they will release are all marine books...

At least they are getting them out of the way early?

Not really, genecultists are part of the brood mind, a generat would obey it's brethren.

best daemons

Those abilities are all intended to work the same way. Fortune, Catalyst, DR, Warlord Trait, PfP, it's all the same Feel No Pain mechanic.

[citation needed]

>Twas the night before christmas and all through the house, not a tomb world was stirring

Yeah but the new models are fucking terrible

But they're stupid animals which would probably be more taxing for the Patriarch to control than a human who can be indoctrinated from birth and only needs slight nudging here or there.

How can machine be undead, teegee?

And since when do Necrons make undead out of the living?

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/05/your-codex-is-coming-july-5gw-homepage-post-1/

I know what you mean, I just know my distopias really well.
And my main point is I want it to be justified, or at least mostly. Like the inquisition is for the Imperials.

Only it's message is more hopeful and progressive. Also I want to keep the whole caste system vibe, and everyone being happy in their place. Actually a bit closer to Brave New World in that sense.
So bit of communism, a bit of ancient chaste system, a bit of Brave New World.

Also I kinda like their mac-book future aschetic. Only I kinda like to push it. Like overly smooth and clean, to the point it doesn't quite feel right. Until things start getting broken and dirty.

space marines coming first in a new edition has never not been the case
plus, there's 6 other dexes on the way by christmas, so I'm sure some NPCs will be in there somewhere
I'm hoping for orks, personally, but I'm not holding my breath

The lasguns were hung in the Bastille with care.
And Tarantula sentries monitored the air

Well in codex announcement they only show us 4 codex Adeptus Astarters, Chaos Marines, Grey Knights and Death Guard

>How can machine be undead
Mysterious Necron soul

I like them but the old metal ones with the tities are better yeah

Warhammer community.

Space Marine
CSM
Grey Knights
Deathguard

These are the codexes that were revealed to be released this month and the next. 2 codexes per month until Xmas

>How can machine be undead, teegee?
blend the two

>And since when do Necrons make undead out of the living?
a C'tan isn't a necron

Necrons have no souls though

Slather me with some delicious rumors, tg. Models, codexes, anything, just pique my interest.

I want all three versions in a box. Punk Lobster, Sex Daemons, Ugly Banshees. Ideally in plastic and multipart so you can easily mix all three.

It's not that they're specifically focusing on marines, they're following a pattern:

Vanilla Space Marines are almost always first in a new edition (6th and 7th were weird anomalies).

CSM are the oldest book in need of an update.

GK are one of the next oldest books in need of an update.

Death Guard are the next release in the Primarch schedule which is interwoven with the normal release schedule.

After that it will move on to the next oldest book in need of an update, which is Chaos Daemons... unless they split those into separate books for each of the 4 gods, which they are doing with AoS.

Then Tyranids.

Blood Angels,
Thousand Sons,
Dark Angels, and
Space Wolves

have all yet to be done. So maybe 2 non-marine books this year. Odds are IG, knights, and mechanicum are up early too.

Thoughts on making a Primaris Sky Sentinels chapter?

Sky Sentinels are described in the BRB as having been destroyed during the Dark Imperium story progression by Magnus and the Thousand Sons. However, this period of time was also marked by poor communication and backlogs. Maybe some Primaris were assigned as Sky Sentinels to relieve and aid this current chapter, only to arrive to see them wiped out.

DG is getting a cool mortar tank.

I hope the Ork codex is good, and we see a neat new release or two. I'm also curious if codexes will actually do much to change stats and costs from the indexes. Does anyone see anything major in the indexes that needs fixing other than typos and clearing certain things up?

cheers

Then is it in the Necron codex? Checkmate.

And how do you blend undeath with a machine?

Trips say do it. but I say go a step further and do greyshields

Test

It's crooked.

Shapeways. There are stores making pads, weapons, shields, and knight parts too.

Make me : ^ )
Get good or stop posting shit for me to save

>Forgeworld units won't be covered
>have to wait for FW to move their lazy bums to bring an IA book
kill me

Since they're adding entirely new factions and the 'FAQ/Errata' was changing things that clearly were not errata there is a 0% chance that rebalancing will not occur in the codexes.

At the very least they'll have to rebalance for the shiny new relics and stratagems that literally nobody else has.

It's not. Just the angle. It lines up straight with the pad lip.

Testing.......?

How do you do Grayshields?

Do you do colours of all legions and just add a gray bit to their shoulderpads?

?

Anyone taking bets on what the first Xenos book will be? Side bet for how long until we actually see one.

>didn't even try to make the tank 40k like.
At least it is painted.

BRIDGE BATTLE!

What are you plannibg to use them for?

Relics, warlord traits, strategems, chapter tactics and equivalents.

You're right. Still cheaper than FW.

Working on it, the rhino was unpainted so I ran the old proxies to avoid shame.

I've got some sweet cardboard that my vacuum came in that are totally going to be terrain.
Using old cardboard and foam to make terrain at least lets you get the effect of terrain on play.

The "Dark Mechanicum" keyword has begun surfacing in rulebooks

>be at GW yesterday
>i need that index for cool points
>nah ill buy that guillyman instead
>CSM codex this month
dodged a fucking bullet

Nah, from what I guess it's everything like regular except non-chapter pauldron is grey. Dark Imperium doesn't give specifics iirc

Every codex should have extra entries detailing what the stats and cost of their vehicles being looted by Orks should be. Obviously it needs to be included in each new codex, otherwise there would be vehicles released after the Ork codex comes out that wouldn't be covered.

Or they can make the last codex "looted wagons". I'd buy that.

Did you actually fucking think they would put FW in Codexes?

Nah, just give -1BS and some of the ork rules. Make it easy that way.

FW chaos index, only one or two have it though.

>All that forum bitching from people who bought Index: Imperium 1.

Almost definitely Tyranids, slight chance Orks get bumped up ahead of them, and we'll see one or both of those in the next three months.

>m1a2

>-1 BS
It'll just be a flat change to BS 5+

Says who? They're "lose a wound" against "suffer a wound".

No I just need more flame based Orks and vehicles for the Waaagh Charjaw

So how's 8th shaping up? I haven't played a game yet. The rules look to be streamlined but I worry the game has been dumbed down.

>buying the index

not just downloading the .pdf and either printing it out or putting it on your phone/kindle/ipad and saying you bought the digital version

Dumbed down a lil' bit, but it's fun, haven't played against anything cancerous enough for me to rage yet

It's just bad proofreading. GW didn't get everything in the first FAQ and they're already working on the second one, almost guaranteed you'll see it explicitly mentioned there.

I mean, forge world makes like 500 Contemptor Dreadnought weapons but the index only covered the two in the plastic box.

So the forge world index comes out, it has RELIC CONTEMPTOR as a different unit with a bumped up price and statline.

Meanwhile, the chaos version is just a fucking Contemptor.

Here you go.

those are some nice squats, really tempted to get me some Squats as I fancy something a bit different. Doubt I'd use them to play and if I did they'd just be "counts as Space Marines"

Well, I don't think it ever happened before, but a man can dream. Also, my bigger problem isn't that they're not covered in the codices, it's more that I'll have to wait for Forgeworld to do something.
And I'm a bit afraid of having to wait for years until they release everything. Sure, I mainly play Space Marines, so I probably won't have to wait that long, but GWs and FWs insistence on doing everything seperately is annoying.

I already do that senpai, I just wanted something physical and though codexes will be released like in October.