/swg/ Paradise Lost Edition

previous thread Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

How angry are you still that motherfucking greedy shitfucking Disney decanonized Kyle Katarn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HOcOlO4e3WI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=MYGJ9jrbpvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

False. The Empire criminalized slavery in all but Hutt Space, a measure not even the Republic took. Its closest own implementation of slavery was forced imprisonment of Wookiees, as they violently opposed the Empire's formation. However, not all were sent to camps and the majority lived normally albeit restricted from traveling off Kashyyyk. Slavery still existed under the Empire primarily via Hutt Space, just as it always had during and before the Republic, though it was far less widespread under the Empire and there were not "camps everywhere".

Neutral here, just correcting you on fluff inaccuracy.

In terms of EUcanon, of course.

>ugh why don't people opposed to my viewpoint agree with my viewpoint?

The Wookiees were hardly the Empire's only slaves in Legends (remember, Ackbar himself was a slave under Tarkin), and definitely weren't in canon either. And these were legitimately slaves under the Empire, not slaves that the Hutts used.

This idea that they somehow eliminated slavery in Imperial territories is straight up unsupported in either continuity.

>sometimes I like to think that the "tarkin did nothing wrong/was actually a good guy" posters are merely confused by peter cushing being such a sweetheart IRL
I'm just sad that TCW never gave us the "Tarkin and Dooku: Mortal Enemies" plot that they could and should have
It would have been great

If I recall the first (and among the only) EU works talking about the Empire allowing slavery was a series by Stradley that straddles :^ the line between EU and Nu canon, since it began in either 07 or 08 and continues into Disney's new lore line, so I'm not sure where it falls.

Being a Dark Horse comic I know it would be pretty damn low on the canon tier though, and it does contradict earlier works about the Empire's crackdown on slave trade.

Where your Ackbar point comes in is an Imperial decree issued early in the Empire's formation, I think 18 BBY(?), that authorizes Imperial authorities to sentence criminals guilty of sedition, treason, or general crimes against the Empire to serve their sentence "indefinitely" via penal labor programs, and as some authorities often made false arrests, this could be deemed slavery, though it wasn't slavery in a true sense.

I also recall, maybe incorrectly, that that decree was later re-evaluated and its terms restricted and essentially made more fair and less "fuck with us and you work in our mines forever" as it was.

It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.

Ackbar being a slave serving Tarkin goes back way beyond just 2007-8.

There being slaves serving the Empire has been a longstanding tradition even back in the early 90s. And no, Ackbar was not just a political dissident, he was a straight up slave.

And for the record, if it wasn't TCW or Episodes I-VI, it can't straddle the line - the story you're thinking of is Legends, pure and simple. The only stuff that was kept canon with the reboot was what I just stated, Episodes I-VI and TCW.

>It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.
...fuck

The problem is the same series of comics has continued and maintained its continuity since the Disney shift, which makes it difficult to pin down.

I personally say fuck off to any Disneylore in general though so it's no skin off my boner.

And in typical Legends style, the only source that states that the Empire outlawed slavery was the Essential Atlas... which also has sections wherein it also instituted slavery as punishments. Typically contradictory, but all the worse for it because this is just one book itself being contradictory with itself.

No, it hasn't. What you're thinking of was a Dark Horse comic, and Dark Horse lost the rights to make Star Wars comics at the end of 2014.

Marvel's Star Wars books have had literally nothing to do with Dark Horse's. There's no connectivity there beyond both being Star Wars.

>Typically contradictory, but all the worse for it because this is just one book itself being contradictory with itself.

Welcome to the Expanded Universe I guess.

This is why I don't really agree with the rigid canons argument.

Not only did Lucas not think of or really care about any of this, but the biggest part of out-of-movie lore is full of contradictions, as well as generally bizarre shit (werewolves reeee).

Its good stuff is worth paying mind to and its bad stuff can be easily ignored imo. Like just follow what you want to follow, I say.

It does make these morality arguments really difficult though because the cherry picking is crazy no matter who you think is or isn't evil and that level of cherry picking is unavoidable with how messy the EU's structure is.

Also it just furthers Imp/Reb fags being pretty far up their own backdoor Kessel runs too.

>It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.
that's actually perfect

>ywn be Gavin Darklighter
>ywn have a super-hot Bothan girl gently take your virginity in the back room of a Coruscant safehouse
>ywn liberate the Imperial Capital with her in busted-ass Z95 Headhunters
>ywn longingly gaze at her in a low-backed dress at a political event while discussing how many children to adopt
>ywn engage an entire TIE wing in a berserker rage after her apparent death

Why even live?

>one month after Isard's Revenge
>Booster informs Wedge and Gavin about what actually happened with that
How fucked is Fey'lya?

11/10 extinction level fucked
Wedge has, in the past been willing to burn down an entire civilization for fucking with his friends, let alone one politician who crossed the shit line
>the rogues and wraiths plot revenge.holo

They call up Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Horton Salm's training wings, leftovers of Blue Squadron, Luke, Pash Cracken, Bror Jace, and even Colonel Fucking Vessery.

Did I miss anyone?

>buddygetthestardestroyer.jpg

>and then the unnamed Hero of the Imperium™ from tie fighter shows up and destroys all of them
>turns out in the end Bothanfu hooked up with him because she needed a real man
>they make steamy interspecies love in the cockpit of his defender as he destroys most of the new republic fleet and liberates coruscant for the empire

Booster, Han, Leia, Lando, probably Mara, Kyle and other early NJO crew folks, maybe even Bel Iblis

>Trying to design a TIE FALKEN
>Realize I already have the perfect art

Not everyone's a fan of Wraith and Rogue Squadron, user.

>unnamed
>Didn't read the novella included with the game
>Didn't even read up on the guy's post-TIE Fighter adventures
>Acting like an Imp fan
He's actually on alright terms with the heroes of the Rebellion/NR. He even worked with Lando and several former Rogues on a mission in post-Endor Legends. Plus, his senpai is literally Wedge's brother-in-law.

I actually didn't know a novella was even included. Shit, thanks for informing me of this.

But please don't tell me he fucking deserted and joined the Rebellion. He didn't. Right?

Nope. Steele is Pro-Imperial but Anti-Warlord if i recall correctly

Nope. He survived Endor, outlived Palpatine's Empire and joined the Imperial Remnant as a member of the 181st. He eventually retired at the rank of general, IIRC.

>How fucked is Fey'lya?
He would not survive.
In fact he would probably be found burnt alive with his testicles in his mouth and Luke Fucking Skywalker giving a derogatory speech at his funeral

Phew. Thanks friends, time to go brush up on my reading.

You are a bastard man, but one with quadruple-oughts
No, he did not defect, he was loyal to the end, albeit to the Pellaeon/Daala Remnant, which was actually more or less what impfags pretend sheevy P's empire was

How hard is it to implement the Unifying Force into Force and Destiny? I really like the concept and in terms of speculating on the lore from an Expanded Universe view I like to think of it as how the Force truly works, but obviously FaD draws clear lines between Light and Dark that don't really go with the Unifying theory.

What would one have to do to re-rig it to go for the more universal/ambiguous/singular/abstract Force interpretation?

Hungry Ewok has it as a pdf if you aren't averse to reading on a screen

TIE FIDDERS!

It sounds mostly like a force tradition. They have those in the books. Getting a few bonuses (Likely related to it's visions focus) in exchange for a downside related to it's issues as a theory.

Go back to bed, you aren't drunk enough for this

Wow so FFG is doing era sourcebooks for the RPG.

>I need about TIE fiddy.

Sleep wont fix that and we need more TIEs.

Please rate?

Now that we're countefactual, imagine that and Sheev not resorting to the UNLIMITED POWER gambit and staying everyone's favorite uncle.

Those three would bring the Rebellion to heel just by being beloved and almost everyone thinking they were right, while being completely and utterly dirty rotten scoundrels.

More like turn up and saves them in his super snowflake Defender when things start to turn pearshaped for some reason, cause that's how he rolls.

Compare in cost/use to R2-D6 and a 1-point EPT.

It may be a tad overpriced, but having this at 1 glues it to Jess.

Honestly, not a bad design.

He also turns out to be Force-sensitive.
I'm using him as a major antagonist in my campaign, last time the players saw him was above Arda I

>looking through drugs for an EotE campaign
>booster blue is basically just huffing starship paint

Is setting up a homestead for Impact the best way to go?

>Did I miss anyone?
Eleven long-haired Friends Of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

It sounds good until you realize they're exclusively for NuCanon Disney adaptations. This first one is going to be that pretty bad Rebels cartoon.

I haven't done one of these in a while now, but I'm really happy that more people are abandoning netlists for squadrons that they have an attachment to.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOcOlO4e3WI&feature=youtu.be

>pretty bad
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Rebels is better than most of TCW

It is my opinion, man, and I'm sticking to it.

Isn't there a mission in TF where you do go and fuck up Rogue Squadron? That or they show up as a mission's boss fight, I forget.

>having this much shit taste

>NuCanon Disney adaptations
So you mean it's going to be great and much more streamlined with how the universe should feel?

>thinking dissenting opinion is b8
Okay user. I'll let you get back to your safe space.

How many people are even gonna get that one?
>captcha has trucks in the picture
it knows

It's either b8 or you actually believe Disney improved things. And I dunno about the guy you were replying to but I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, surely nobody on Veeky Forums is that retarded.
Not even pathfags

Disney literally improved everything. TFA and Wencuck aside, canon is fantastic at the moment. And even then, I'd take them over Traviss anyday

At worst, Disney's been a net neutral.

Reminder that a lot of Traviss' Mandalorian lore is still canon thanks to Sabine's homecoming arc in Rebels.

The lore wasn't horrible. It was Traviss' wankery and numbers that made it fucking unreadable.

I'm fine with people liking NuCanon, but to say it's massively improved over EUCanon and that Disney's massive simplification, streamlining, and watering down of the universe and its content for the purposes of marketability - and in the case of Kennedy or Wendig, injecting personal politics into it - is a very good thing, I can't get behind.

Maybe I'm just cynical. I hate what Disney's done to it, even if we've gotten an okay story or two in the form of SCAR or Lost Stars (or whatever it's called, I heard it was passable). But for one or two net gains we've lost EVERYTHING from the last 20-something years of Star Wars work.

Sure a lot of it sucked but some of it didn't, and those got thrown out with the bath water too. We lose Farce Unleashed but gain Herkyjerky Diversity Funtimes. We lose Vong but gain Darth Vader dancing to Disney pop songs at conventions.

We lose a hack fraud director with a good heart but misguided vision, bizarre ideas, and OCD and in his place gain callous, cold, uncaring corporate entities whose one and only everlasting vision of Star Wars is as a dispassionate cash cow of a marketing project.

I will add though that the only consistent gain I can think of is Vader being de-pussified. It fuckstrated me hard that in a lot of EU stories Vader was worfed to make way for Mary Sues and Gary Stus cough Starkiller cough or just made into an allaround limpdicked fuckboy that gets kicked around like a tin can. NuCanon has done a good job of showing us he's a total badass, but some EU stories did that too, so I don't know if gaining badass Vader is worth it all.

>Thinking Maarek "Balls of" Steele is an edgy faggot

The Steele was once taken into the secret order of the emperor and made a Hand and barely gave a fuck about their evil tendencies. He's much more aligned with Pellaeon's idea of an Empire than Sheev's.

>, I can't get behind.
Okay, you're allowed to hold that opinion, but they are doing a damn good job at making the universe coherent rather than a mess like the EU canon tier.

>he's an edgy faggot for wanting to serve the faction he has faith in
>"Sheev"

her post-ROTJ stuff is pretty damn bad i can agree with that but then again Star Wars timeline stopped seconds before the Vong arrived, if you ask me.

Her Clone Wars stuff is pretty darn solid. Sure there is the hint of wankery to come in some of the books but that can easily be explained away with Special Forces being Special Forces and doing Special Forces things in Special Forces ways

Her Prequel clone shit is HORRIBLE aside from her work on Republic Commando, which her wankery is STILL insufferable.

I dunno, the scene in rebels with him going through the protagonists without slowing was kinda amazing. I liked that they kept him with the A New Hope fighting style, rather than making him flippy. Flipping and spinning is needless movements and Vader is a precise, perfected fighter without a hair of wasted effort.

If you're dissing Mando works in particular for wankery, what exactly do you mean by wankery? Fanwankery? Them being overpowered or doing unrealistic things or being like author inserts, Sues even?

Yaknow, exactly like the characters of Wraith Squadron, Rogue Squadron, and Blue Squadron?

Her prequel clone shit IS republic commando. Opinion discarded because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The way she wrote mandos and clones as being the best of the best of the best is beyond frustrating. The way she wrote jedi in particular was also unsettling.

I don't know if I would call them Sues necessarily, even though most of her post RotJ stuff really has them check off each sue box, but she just has such a smugness about being right in her beliefs (namely mandos are the best, did nuffin, all jedi are scum).

user, I meant Hard Contact, as the others are shit.

>implying all jedi aren't self-righteous sanctimonious threats to the good people of the galaxy
>implying any Mandalore did anything wrong
Fuck the Cathar.

This is why mando fags are widely hated user.

I hate them because they're all shameless Boba Fett clones and super good at everything, especially if it involves any combat or spaceships or jetpacks, not because of any part of their history.

When their history is about how they're never wrong, it sort of is.

Nah now you're just covering your ass. You didn't read them, you just heard on the internet that you shouldn't like them.

>boba fett clones
You mean jango fett clones? Then yes, about 200 mil

and their magic helmets and flashy lights taught them how to be the best. because fuck you thats a thing apparently

I dislike mandos because i have one player who INSISTS on being a mando, all the time. And for some reason that gives him a pass to be a murderhobo or some sort of superduper souper trouper that "knows everything about fighting, cuz we was raised wit it!" or both

>implying jango wasn't the original boba clone

>implying jango wasnt a being created by the force and beskar to be the best mando

No no no.
>before he created Anakin, Sheev tried out the trick by mind-raping the force and creating Jango Fett
>He decided to tone it down a notch with Anakin though.
>He had to be good, but not THAT good.
>That would never had fooled the Jedi council into bringing Anakin to Coruscant and into the clutches of the Sith

Sure user. I'll pretend to be stupid so I can fit your narrative.

A lot of Jedi, especially in the era in question, really were a bunch of pricks and the Mandos were pretty badass. I don't see the problem here.

Maybe her fanwank's taken a little too far but the idea is right, and it's not like Rogues and Wraiths aren't also fanwanked and mary sued too, yet a lot of the same people who complain about Mandoshit love those.

New GM here. I've been looking up some of the highest soak numbers that a player can get and apparently it's around 13. This is when a standard blaster pistol has a base of 6 damage and a rifle has 9. I know I can't be the only person who is bothered by this; how are you supposed to deal with a player that has soak that high without constantly introducing enemies with lightsabers or doing some other equally contrived thing? And what is even the point of pierce 1 and 2 when literally everyone in the galaxy has at least 2 soak?

New ship LEGO from TLJ!

how do its legs work? Between this and the gorilla walker, I feel like TLJ is going to be a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

Looks kinda like a spider or something, multiple legs taking short steps so probably slower and less agile but way more stable.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYGJ9jrbpvg

I like it

Looks cool, like a next gen cloud car. I'd actually like to see this in X-wing.

Glad that it's confirmed by Lego. I hope it's more of a general interceptor rather than being unique to Kylo, but I can dig it.

Get this strandbeest out of my space opera. I don't need the FO using some wind powered walker.

I still really don't see the hate.

Back to the example of Roguequad too I don't see how you hate one group for wankery but love another.

I know a lot of people hate RS and its kin too but I do see the Mando hate more often.

It's probably because the Rogues and Wraiths get the shit kicked out of them all the time, sometimes in stupid ways and are rarely shown to be right about everything all the time. Even Corran Horn at his most insufferable usually has people saying "Hey, Horn, don't be a dickbag".

Mandowank from the likes of Traviss usually talks about how perfect and tolerable and appealing their culture is despite their huge boners for war and how they're so much better than everybody else - especially those stupid jedi. How dare superhumans exist? Just need some regular humans to be super.

You don't have to pretend :^)

If you get a high amount of advantage you can knock their shield out of their hand, etc, which helps. Also you have the final say on any gear they can or can't get, so it never has to be an issue.

It's because they were written in the 2000s and the author had a blog she used to argue with fans. That's really the core of it.

That's why you always see people bitching about Traviss as much as the mandos and clones, but when people bitch about the X-Wing books the authors names don't usually get thrown around. I guarantee if the RC books came out in a different era, or if Traviss hadn't tried to engage with the internet so much, there'd be way less complaining. Kind of like how half the Wendig hate is because he's a huge prick online. People can't separate the authors from their work.

The clone books really weren't that offensive.

Pierce is useful because just being able to ignore two points or so of the target's Soak can be the difference between being able to land a lucky crit or just being stuck with disarming or knocking down your opponent.
It's not contrived to bust out an E-Web or rocket launchers/thermal detonators if your opponent is wearing a metric ton of battle armour.

Also, I reached Soak 16 with Heroic Resilience and a tricked-out suit of armour.

Say you're fighting a stormtrooper with 6 soak (3 armor, 3 Brawn). You're shooting at him with a blaster pistol that does 5 base damage. Unless you score a solid blow, you're going to be deflecting off his armor. Add Pierce 2, and suddenly every hit is doing damage. That's why Pierce is important.

Also remember that additional successes on a hit make the weapon deal more damage in the same amount. I had one player who kept hitting for 10-ish damage with his Heavy Blaster which is pretty brutal for smaller enemies.

Concentrate fire, have rules for damaging armor and depriving them of soak, breach weapons, explosives, pierce weapons, and general tactics for your NPCs.

That shit looks weird from the front- is that a side effect of it being lego?

Hopefully this ship helps Empire aces out of their rut.

Also, poll- it's a TIE Advanced with Interceptor wings. Will it be titled

- First Order TIE Interceptor
- First Order TIE Advanced
- TIE Avenger.
- TIE Advanced Interceptor

Which one of the 4?