How do we reclaim Stromgarde, Veeky Forums?

How do we reclaim Stromgarde, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2bQELQMMoy4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't it populated by level 40ish mobs? Should be a walk in the park for a couple of level 60 city guards.

The whole level system of MMO's like wow is perplexing when you really think about it. I mean, most of the early to mid dungeons already contain powerful regional threats like powerful wizards, liches, and evil druids, yet going by the numbers a few level 60 grunts or night elf archers should be able to take the whole dungeons. Even weirder, there are wild animals like wolves or bears that could take on the whole defias brotherhood.

Nuke it from orbit.

Or a passing zeppelin.

>On the edge of territory controlled by a legion of the undead who can recruit from any losses Stormwind takes
>City is literally a ruin with no population, and no kingdom that can restore it
>Filled with criminal scum and ogres
>Heir to the throne is undead and serves the Banshee Queen
>Cosmic threats (Legion, Old Gods, Azshara) besiege the world to the point no forces can be spared for a serious effort to reclaim the city
Shits fucked, can't be reclaimed as a proper city without beating the Forsaken and the horde out of Hillsbarad, Gilneas and Alterac so they can't make a counterattack that could retake the city. Stromgarde basically needs a full on war with huge victories across the continent by the Alliance to be reclaimed and kept secure. Re-populating should be relatively easy though. Just settle human veterans, sell of land for cheap and allow Alliance races to immigrate and the city can be rebuilt fairly quickly. Not anything like the old heights of what was once the mightiest of the human kingdoms, but not bad.

Wait until the Old Gods die. The Legion's already out of the way as of next patch.

Then have the Gnomes build a robot army to exterminate all non-Alliance bogeys in the city. Then just do what said.

Ya know, im really curious on why nothing bloody happened to it during cata to be honest. Its in a pretty great tactical location.

Regardless, declare it a druidic holy spot,
Earth Mother Wills It.

>random fucking fish in Vashj'ir is exponentially stronger than any demon in Shadowmoon Valley

Don't forget, with the expansions creeping, the city guards only get stronger and stronger. I wonder how many random grunts outside the noob zone it would take to kill Arthas

the guards are obviously too busy doing guard things

>Average inhabitant of Pandastan could have solo'd every 5 man in Vanilla

My biggest issue with WoW is by late-game you're supposed to be a legit badass, but everything stays exactly the same. You start taking on global threats and only needing back-up sometimes, but it's still "kill some mooks, use the same rotation you've been using since 60 only with another button that'll light up when it's time to use it".

How do we solve the Sylvanas question?

Just cut the damn continent in two

Third major faction.

>not wanting to reclaim the heartland of humanity
>not wanting to boot those vile undead out of where they don't belong
>not wanting to remove Sylvanas, the series biggest sleeper villain

you're probably a syndicate spy too

Will Blizzard ever make a set that doesn't look retarded on Pandas?
Will non-dark iron dwarves ever become interesting?

No, pandas are silly by default, but not unwelcome.
Only when the council, or whatever her name is industrializes the dwarven kingdom proper. Iron Horde style, with Dwarf gestapo.

The real question is what new races for each faction can we expect?

This is why Vertical progression is a cancer that killed modern MMOs

Memelocs are only a matter of time.

Arrakoa are getting pushed a weirdly big amount.

They've teased Furbolg for alliance for a decade but it's never gonna happen.

What's actually going to happen is that every race is going to get one of their sub groups in the enemy faction. ie some dwarf dark iron group getting put in horde

By retaking the rest of the setting, i.e. scrapping entire WoW.
After Arthas' demise the whole setting and story took a nosedive.
You might feel compelled to lift elements of story or characters to enrich the mainline universe when you build it anew, but don't think that WoW is anything less than a mediocre pulp for making money.

I like Arakoa.
Ogres seem next in the horde queue though.
I for one welcome some merc races than can go either way.

We SUMMON THE ELECTOR NOBLES

Man i dont really like ogres.
They are so dumb and fat and dont even get me started on the two head thing.

I like them as a race in lore, but I wont like them as a playable race.

>inb4 just dont play as them
No man, maybe this disdain I feel is what a lot of people felt for the pandaren, but for fucks sake, even the pandaren have some charm and charisma as a race and I have always liked the character of Chen back since Warcraft 3.

For me they shouldn't add more races, but if they have to do so, please no ogres.

this ones not so bad

LIKE... THIS!

CHAOS CONTROL!

*all hail shadow.mid plays*

Hhhhhnnnng.

Right now the only (un)living heirs are Danath and Thoras.

>Third major faction.

Scourge, or something else that rivals the Alliance and the Horde, but can also go toe to toe with the Scourge led by the new LK, and this LK only has one mind instead of two affecting control over all the undead the Scourge raised.

just... what the hell has bolvar been doing this whole time anyhow?

>The whole level system of MMO's like wow is perplexing when you really think about it.

The game only simulates the world, it is not the world itself. Do you really think Stormwind is that small? Some things must be approximated to make it fit in your computer.

Sittin' on the throne, being baffled at how much sandwich one can get for only five dollars at Subway.

Declare Sin'dorei independence, boost paladins and priests to make a giant fuck off holy bubble, obtain Spellbreakers, any pally or priest that dies bury them in a giant underground mass grave that forms a metaphysical wall of HOLY power as they push forward in a creeping fashion.

The fields gotta be littered woth the blood of Martyrs to stop the undead plague.

WoW, like most video games, is more concerned with gameplay than realism and creating a believable fantasy world.

>bolvar

No. There is no Bolvar Fordragon anymore, but a completely different and new Lich King after the Helm of Domination was put on Fordragon's head, consuming his mind and soul to create the new Lich King, probably more powerful than the previous one, but it is still in the Frozen Throne to wait for the right moment to fully wake from it's slumber.

Will their ever be a -good- Warcraft Pen and Paper game? No, not that one.

It's never been a matter of wanting to, user. It's a matter of if it is possible.

The allies WANTED to go right from stomping Hitler to putting a boot so far up Stalin's ass, he'd be licking their shoe polish, but given the situation at the time, it just wasn't feasible. Likewise, the gargantuan effort required to REMOVE CORPSE would lead to losses on other fronts that just cannot be borne. It's a question of choosing between one city and its surrounding area; or the entire Alliance and the fate of the planet.

Now if only their gameplay was actually good...

>Alliance seizes Orgrimmar from the Garrosh
>don't even seek to negotiate the return of all land south of Thoradin's Wall

I hate blizzard so much sometimes

Perhaps subraces are the way forward, but idunno, Ogres always felt sych a safe choice and fun lot to have around.

Scourge would work if we get very undead variants of all races.

That gameplay sure aint aged well.

TRICKSY.

1) Kick out horde forces
2) Annihilate the Syndicate and Ogre presence
3) Once the fortress-city is back under control rebuild and fortify it so the region isn't lost again.
4) Use the resources in the Region to make it economically viable to hold. There's vast mineral wealth, arable land, open space for livestock, and lumber.

Nah, he's marvelling at the booty.

is there a colored version?

>Recruit, where are your pants?

I don't have it if there is.

probably because blizzard doesn't care about any of the human kingdoms that aren't lordaeron or stormwind.

Gnomes, how many is too many?

Idunno, Gilneas is pretty based.

who says any of them are wearing pants?

We get alternate dimension Garithos to harness his hatred to annihilate the undead once and for all.

Any number higher than 0.

>Elves are allies since the first orc war
>Dwarves are stalwart allies too
>Both worship the Light
>Elves fought practically to the last man to stop the scourge
>Still sneer at them and hate them
Was Garithos the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the face of Azeroth?

>elves leave the alliance
>then proceed to bitch why the alliance didn't give them help when the undead hordes came knocking
>implying that garithos wasn't just tsundere towards dwarves
>it is not like i saved you because i like you or anything baka, i just need your help to reclaim lordaeron

Anduin needs to be convinced that the seven kingdoms are still there and worth saving.
As it is, Stormwind is the only human nation still prospering. But there are still plenty of scattered humans left up north.
The Gilnean survivors are the most visible ones. As is the tragic loss of Hillsbrad and Southshore.
But there are also still survivors holding out in Silverpine. Brainwashed but still human Scarlet crusade in Tirisfal Glade. The human bandits in Alterac. And of course the missing nation of Kul Tiras. Not sure what state Andorhal is in now.

Strom would be a good place to build a second human nation from, to be a haven and a beacon for the humans in the north to rally around, and to be there just in case Stormwind ever falls again. The area is mostly large, fertile plains with no real major presence by any faction. Neither Horde nor Forsaken have any real forces there.

As for how, that's easy. Airships, portals, troops and workers. The real stopping point is resource cost. The Northern Kingdoms have always been resource poor, even before human inhabitation.
The effort would have to be justified somehow, as those are resources that could be used elsewhere. That and the possibility that Kul Tiras could turn out hostile.

I don't think npc's are aware of levels in the same way players are.
For example, Stormwind soldiers tend to take on the level of whatever area they're in.
It's the same as with gear. To a soldier, a sharp steel sword is better then a piece of old driftwood.
Because unlike player characters, they can't see the item's level.

Sylvanas overextended herself in trying to secure the entire Northern continent for herself though, fighting the Scourge, Scarlet Crusade, Worgen, humans and dwarves all at once.
She got some great wins out of it, but there is no way she can hold on to all of it, let alone keep that momentum going, -and- contribute to the Horde as well.
And I don't think the rest of the Horde would be receptive to be used as a tool to further her own ambitions while there are enough troubles in Kalimdor.

A push into Arathi by Stormwind is completely possible, all that is needed is the political will to do so. There are like you said constant threats of monsters and demons and cosmic threats and what-not.
Amusingly that is why I like Arathi actually. When you look at the world it is pack full of dangerous stuff. Magical artifacts, demon portals, Titan vaults, ancient god monsters, everywhere.
Lordaeron, the northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms, is pretty much the only area in the world that's 'normal'. Just farms, forests and mines.
Obviously not anymore; most of it is Scourged now, but Arathi is still unblemished.

Of course, the dwarves of Dun Morogh might be interested in helping out as well, as repairing the Thandol Span and controlling Arathi would give them a direct connection to the Hinterlands and their dwarven cousins there once more.
And getting revenge on/being able to retake Dun Garok would be a nice bonus too.

There's lot of arable land, but that's about it. There no lumber except a little to the east, and that's full of savage trolls.
And while there are ores in the ground, it's just plain metals. Mostly copper and tin. Any gold mines left have to be close to depletion.

That said, maybe the food can be exported to other Alliance settlements. Westfall (and Elwynn Forest) can't keep feeding the entire Alliance on its own forever.

With the way technology is going in Warcraft, there is something to be said about securing extra mundane metals. Sure, the finicky bits of an air ship might be built with more esoteric materials, but the bulk of that thing is gonna be good old fashioned steel and wood.

Combined with your argument for food production, I think there is strong motivation for Anduin to grab the Dwarves and make a push for Arathi/Stromgarde.

Have Anduin forgive the Forsaken, and establish underground railroads to help undead flee, so that they have a third option besides Sylvanas's two of join my side or die again.
Most undead being raised today did not spend any time as Scourge and as such do not have the mental trauma from those times.
Meanwhile, humans have gotten used to the undead thanks to Death Knights being integrated.
Anduin has good enough relations with the Horde and the Elves that it could work.

And if you really want to shake things up, raise King Terenas as a free undead. If he were to then sit on the throne and tell his people to come out of sewers and into the open again, I bet a lot would follow.

While Sylvanas would keep her most loyal followers, trained soldiers and non-undead-human assets, her faction would splinter to the point that growth or replenishment would be impossible.
Meaning she'd have to resettle somewhere else, or be rendered insignificant after a couple of military engagements.

I'd agree with you from a purely human viewpoint, but with the Alliance being as close as it is right now it's much better to have Dun Morogh build your airships.
Much easier to defend from both sabotage and regular attacks, all the ores and lumber you need are right there, as are all the crafting facilities of the Dwarves and Gnomes.

Compared to building them there it is just too costly to industrialize Arathi.
Retaking the area is never going to be worth it economically or industrially. That just leaves strategically, politically or emotional significance.

>>elves leave the alliance
So did Gilneas, and they did nothing wrong by doing so. Terenas was a fucking idiot for not annihilating the orcs and expecting other kingdoms to go along with his decision. There simply was no more need for an alliance at this point.

>then proceed to bitch why the alliance didn't give them help when the undead hordes came knocking
Yeah this was dumb.

Numbers don't mean much when the Alliance wouldn't be fighting the Horde forces of Undercity so much as they'd be fighting whatever Plague the Apothecary society has cooked up right now. And Sylvanas is warchief so good luck telling her she can't use it

and blizzard destroyed it to make a pvp battleground.

There could be more resources hidden in the highlands and retaking Stromgarde would be great Strategic position to help reinforce alliance positions in the north eastern kingdoms.

GALLYWIX NEEDS TO DIE.
SASSY SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TRADE PRINCE AND WE'VE ALL BEEN FUCKING SUFFERING EVER SINCE.

Can we have a Goblin Bioshock-city type expansion where he is a jewish andrew ryan yet?

We talk all this shit about Sylvanas, but who can really be trusted to lead the horde anymore really? Thrall is still refusing to do it again now he's a religious leader, and everyone else os dead or inexperienced. WHOM i say!

I hate legion, but I did like how Genn put that bitch in her place when he broke her magic valkyr lamp mcguffin that she was trying to use to become immortal.

>And if you really want to shake things up, raise King Terenas as a free undead. If he were to then sit on the throne and tell his people to come out of sewers and into the open again, I bet a lot would follow.
His soul was contained in Frostmourne, and was freed upon its destruction. His body was rendered to ashes, put in a burial urn, then dumped onto some random patch of grass in Lordaeron so Kel'Thuzads bones could sit in the urn instead.

King ain't coming back

A fox from the broken isles could wreck death wing.

Hope is an illusion.

Lor'themar, who led the Sin'dorei through their darkest hours in Kael'thas's absence, isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, and his own people think he'd make a great Warchief.

Baine, son of Cairne, who was already around during WCIII and led the retaking of Thunder Bluff from the Grimtotem, as well as being a personal friend of Anduin's, which would facilitate cross-faction cooperation against the Old Gods.

Either of those two.

You literally just have to go take it, maybe fortify it if you feel like it. Sylvie won't do shit about it, she hasn't even kicked out the League of Arathor, and she struggled against Gilneas even before the 7th Legion rolled in. She won't last against Stormwind proper. She'll get fucked unless she begins shipping in reinforcements from Kalimdor, but seaside invasions are a bitch and the alliance stands much stronger on Azeroth. Worst case scenario is Nelves getting greened with the Alliance busy on Azeroth, but then again, they already are.

>Lor'thremar is older than every other horde leader combined, and is apparently a good commander. Too bad he hates being a politician.
>Baine is too young, not that charismatic or intelligent
>Saurfang is too old, too tired
>Vol'jin is kill, only one or two other troll named characters of any importance exist
>Gallywix is not for warchief
The Not!King elf is the only choice. It would be pretty funny to go from having your lands ravaged by orcs to being their boss in a few decades

Genn has been turbo based in legion, and I say that as an eternal forsakenfag ever since vanilla.

You don't even need King Terenas, he still has a daughter just chilling around in the Priest order hall doing nothing.

>not that charismatic or intelligent

>personal friend of Anduin
>led the retaking of Thunder Bluff, smartly used resources
>convinced a decent chunk of Grimtotems to defect to his side
>can always ask his dad's spirit for help
>has plenty of good living advisors (Muln Earthfury, Hamuul Runetotem)

The Tauren have been the moral center of the Horde since TFT. Baine could definitely do it.

Calia gave up on Lordaeron. She doesn't care anymore.

>And while there are ores in the ground, it's just plain metals. Mostly copper and tin.
Arathi has Iron, not copper/tin.

Just sayin'

Not like anyone would listen to her either. She was just a princess whose family accidentally half the Eastern Kingdoms. The Banshee Queen has established her own right to rule through unending popular support. Sylvie is almost a messiah for the Forsaken, especially the newer ones.

He's a good guy, for you

>especially the newer ones.
Because they have no will to resist.

>but who can really be trusted to lead the horde anymore really?
Isn't it obvious?

I wouldn't even be that mad.

He is too competent to be a proper warchief.

>spoiler

I walked right into that one, and it was extremely painful.

Too good
youtube.com/watch?v=2bQELQMMoy4

Could Voljin not resurrect? I mean if theres any son of a bitch that deserves to walk away from being dead for a bit, dick in hand, it's that son of a bitch.

He's the Simba the horde needs

The world of any video game should be considered a representation of the actual setting, not a simulation. In the lore Stormwind has a population in the hundreds of thousands rather than the hundreds, for instance.

This guy is also correct, the whole system of progression in most MMOs is basically a retarded treadmill.

It just wouldn't be a good idea. Hell, even Thoras says, after killing Galen in the DK storyline, that Stromgarde is dead. There's no saving it. Sure, it lives on in the heart of the few good people still living in Arathi, but unlike all of the other kingdoms, it did not change. It let itself die, clinging to a hope that they might one day bring it back. A hope that often leads many to their deaths in hopes of reclaiming Lordaeron, despite most of the people of Lordaeron currently being undead and living there. A hopeless dream that they most certainly will never achieve. It's just not feasible.

I have always found it funny that the mindset that it would actually be possible to bring it back exists most strongly on RP private servers. I don't really understand it. Stromgarde has never been very prevalent in the lore, in any of the games. It's just a reminder of what happens when humanity doesn't stand together and refuses to change.

here's the colored version.

Its got a few bits of info that make it out to have been the center of humanity back in the early days of humanity's civilization so letting it die would be like losing a part of humanity if they just gave up.

Stay in Lordaeron and attempt to defend your lands when the Scourge attacks rather than running away like a little pissant bitch.

That's not Rexxar.

Clearly the "spirits" that told him to make Sylvanas Warchief were most certainly not actually Kil'jaeden.

I mean, it's not like he did exactly the same thing to convince a certain Shaman to form the Horde in the first place.

What was with this guy's fucking obsession with summoning the elector nobles? Why does he just randomly walk around and yell it?
Is he autistic?

Smartest post in the thread.

They can't suck the Blood Elf cock hard enough to lure them back to the Alliance. Pandaria was the best chance and Regent Lord Theron considered taking the Warchief mantle rather than quit the Horde entirely. If they want to take the north they'll have to do it with hillbillies, dwarves, gnomes, goats, dogs, eggplants and half a panda.

And don't expect help from the Argents either, since they worked with Sylvanas' forces in the Plaguelands more closely than they worked with Stormwind's. The Ebon Alliance on the other hand will probably do what they can.

Oh, and a large portion of the nobility of Strom and Alterac have banded together to form the Syndicate, and they have no love whatsoever for whomever rules in Stormwind.

>Sylvanas overextended herself in trying to secure the entire Northern continent
Not really. Andorhal was only in question because that disloyal rat fink bastard Koltira nearly gave it up for a bromance. And Silverpine because the 7th Legion is total bullshit and practically can't lose. And then there's Drek'thar's cripple ass refusing to play ball. Despite all of this, the Forsaken expansion was largely successful in the lore.

>Have Anduin forgive the Forsaken, and establish underground railroads to help undead flee, so that they have a third option besides Sylvanas's two of join my side or die again.
Second smartest post in the thread, but also something that can't happen because of politics. Keep in mind that if Anduin says the Undead are people, that means there can be no reclamation of 'human' lands in the north because the undead (who now have rights according to the king) are still living there.

Basically for Anduin to do that would be surrendering the north entirely to the undead, purely for the chance of undermining Sylvanas' political influence, which is a gamble he's almost sure to lose anyway since the bulk of the Forsaken are very down with their queen.

>Meanwhile, humans have gotten used to the undead thanks to Death Knights being integrated.
A lot of humans still have deep, deep reservations on that front. Maybe they're not openly threatening player characters and throwing rotten fruit anymore, but that doesn't mean they're happy to see them.

>Koltira disloyal
>implying loyalty to the Ebon Blade is not paramount

>implying Drek'thar was in any way wrong

>The Gilnean survivors are the most visible ones

Still irks me that Varian stated plans to retake Gilneas and perhaps Lordaeron after Siege of Orgrimmar and no such story even came close to existing, nor do i expect it to in the future now Anduin is high king.