I feel my strategy is completely broken

I really tried to do the right thing and only invest in decent projects. So far I hold BTC, BCH (just in case), ETH, LTC, XLM, DCR.
I didnt panic sell and didn't fomo into XVG and XRP, RDD or LINK etc.

I see all these posts here posting massive gains from shitcoins left and right. Meanwhile my portfolio is bleeding and my gains are disappearing. What should I do Veeky Forums? I have been burned before by bagholding shitcoins like DGB, so I only feel comfortable buying coins I believe in. Am I going to be OK?

It's too late. If you didn't get in a year ago, you're not gonna make it.

me too friend. i even left the dinosaur and hedged with monero instead. nothing i do matters..i’ve lost 20% so far

you are the boomer now grandpa

Go all in on LINK. When it's 2018 and LINK is $100 you'll be considered a mouth breathing plebbitor here if you don't have any.

You literally went on Veeky Forums, read the threads, and picked out the safest sounding coins with little research. Btc and BCH have a positive correlation with each other.

Litecoins founder dumped all his coins at the peak. FUD overdrive.

I've literally only seen any mention of XLM here. No other reputable source (that I use) covered it.

I've never heard of DCR but looks promising

Go all in on NXT. It's shitty tech that's going to be pretty much replaced by ARDR but it's going to fork on the 27th (or 28th i think) for the Ignis air drop.

It's literally what's keeping me in the green during this crash.

Honestly I learned my crypto lesson.
If you're in it for the tech and for hope in the future, go ahead, research, invest, hodl,...
If you're in it for the money? Fucking PnDs, meme coins and extreme shills are the way to go.

This

Just hold long dummy.

BTC
LTC
XMR
OMG

welcome to the bear market sons. let's all hold hands and meme ourselves into oblivion.
this
I'm a wagie, can only invest small amounts here and there. I'm only holding 3 coins atm, BTC, ETH, and ICX. I'm about to delete all my trading apps, store everything on paper and walk away for the next 60-90 days.

I actually thought about this as well, thinking about splitting my portfolio in 2. One for promising tech, investment portfolio and another for just trading coins McAfee and Veeky Forums is recommending.

>didn't buy link

Thanks, yeah I expect NXT to be dumped on the 28th, but still this is probably a good bet.

>thinking about splitting my portfolio in 2.
Its simple. Keep 80-90% in 2-4 winners, like btc/ltc/eth/xmr. Then take the other 10-20% and do whatever you want with it and always rebalance your holdings.

This.

The best time to be in it for the money and the tech is right fucking now.

Small altcoins forking with airdrops are literally mini PnD's. You also have small altcoins releasing their Blockchain-As-A-Service Q1-Q2 2018 which is already promising.

If you are into decent projects and you don't know about Steemit or EOS. Anyone not shilling these two coins right now is obviously in denial. A functional decentralized social media platform that rewards crypto should be on literally everyone's radar.

Also shitcoin gains are super stealthy. They don't have the same FOMO a big coin has. going into shitcoins is basically like agreeing to be pleasantly surprised and completely unexcited the entire time.

on that note decent projects, why be in BTC / BCH at all? They are not really that decent. BCH has potential to be a functional coin at best, yay! BTC is dead in the water with no sign of recovery.

Your other coins are looking good.

>Just hold long dummy.
unironically this. OP why are you in such a rush? these are the early days

even if BTC tanks (and all altcoins with it), this asset class is just getting started

Just hold.

>f you are into decent projects and you don't know about Steemit or EOS
Yes I had EOS, picked that up in october around $0.79, but sold that too soon at $ 8. My reasoning was they hadn't put out a product yet and with such a run up I expected a correction. Still thinking about re-entering that one. I guess I need to work on both my holding and trading skills, I have been playing it too safe so far for this market.

Split your portfolio into two. From one half stack up on all those rare gems we talk about. (You know which Exchange)
From second half trade by following a pro's advice on tradingview.( The guy I follow has a 100% succes rate but I don't want to name him on Veeky Forums)

They are running ahead of schedule

>unironically this. OP why are you in such a rush? these are the early days
You are probably right. But when I suddenly hear friends and colleages who just got into crypto a few weeks ago talking about IOTA, XRP and ADA, I feel it is becoming mainstream faster than I thought.

>didn't fomo into LINK
maybe that's where your problem is?

Those are good coins user. You will be fine.

Use ten percent to chase pumps.

Go all in on TRX, take a break for 2-3 months and come back to a sea of green.

let me do a favor, only answer is sell all of them and put it in LINK. link is undervalued as fuck. by march end 10$ link.

You are a moron for letting your feelings dictate your investments.
Stop caring about the coins/tokens and what backs them. All that maters is making gains.
If you absolutely must stick to the coins you've listed, then please, dear god HODL like a semi sensible person.

Imagine being this stupid

name him please

I don’t worry about what my 401K does. It will go up long term.

Think of crypto like that, except with a 2-3 year window rather than retirement

>LINK
why not REQ?

I don't know. All I know about REQ is muuh next gen paypal or something. I don't give a crap about that (even if it's valuable). Smart contracts on the other hand? That's something I understand, and something I know is about to become massive. You can't bet on all horses, ya know. :)

>durrr it's the highest coin on coinmarketcap so it must be good
>whitepaper? What's that?

so you think Ethereum is going to do the same then?

Ethereum has a bright/stable future for sure, yes.

get out of fucking currency tokens and invest in projects like link tron etc