FOREX GENERAL

Is FOREX a random walk ?
are there anybody making money in the market from the traders and hudge funds ? is the only profitable once are banks and brokers ?
also general forex thread.......................

Other urls found in this thread:

files.meetup.com/1441397/Summary of the Book Trading in the Zone.pdf
lectures.quantecon.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is there anybody making money from forex here?

shhh! Let the kids play with their shytocoins.

I met a guy who got rich with the forex. It was his full time job and it's much more involved than chasing pump and dumps with shitcoins. It's much less lucky gambling and much more spreadsheets become your life.

lel

>Is FOREX a random walk ?
USD pairing isn't. That's what I do mostly.

>are there anybody making money in the market
Yeah. Mostly it has overnight trading. During the day at 0600 (L.S.E. opens) there's pump, then the same at 0830 as well when NASDAQ opens. Same 3/4 hours later. There is a timesframe which varies of 15/30 mins. Always a big dump 15 minutes before close (1630 and 2100pm) which can shorted.

>is the only profitable once are banks and brokers ?
I am not sure exactly what you mean here.

Traderview has alot of forex traders who can help you.

If you are a Veeky Forums regular Forex is not your thing. If you don't even know basic econ 101 formulas such as MV=PT you will NEVER make profit with Forex.

The thing is the people that actually are knowledgeable enough about economics to make profit off of FOREX don't have to browse this thread.

Therefor I can safely say that if you are reading this thread looking for a new source of income now that you are doubting in the short-medium term of crypto. You won't find a new home in forex-trading.

If some of you are capable enough to mathematically describe quantitative easing, Deflationary spirals and treasury bond swapping then I might want to show you the ropes and take you under my wing.

Otherwise. Stick to crypto.

almost. im a demo account millionaire lmao. i've been developing forex systems since i left high school. the thing is, a system that works well, will work for everything. a big part of my backtesting is also applying my system on indices and stocks to confirm it actually works.

One thing i've learned is that conventional trading advice will not make you rich. If normal advice was worth anything there'd be a lot more successful traders in the world.

>dude play it safe and dont risk more than 1% of your portfolio!

top kek. think your going to get rich that way? google any serious trader, who turned thousands into tens of millions, and you will see they developed extremely high success rate systems and bet large. I dont bother with anything less than 80% win rate.

I will be going live with my strategy next week. i actually posted parts of my sytem on Veeky Forums but no one was interested. i wont be sharing again unfortunately as i see no benefit to giving away my hard work

here is the best book on trading you must read first though
files.meetup.com/1441397/Summary of the Book Trading in the Zone.pdf

Is this the gambling general?

Get on my level, kid

>80%
kek from a 5 years in the field i have never see a system that is more than 50% win rate
they all just follow the price

yeah ive seen you post this image here for several days now. dont know if your trying to shill your EA
legit what are you doing here?

Hurrdurr muh system. Fuck off, you stupid twat. Your networth is probably < $5m

thats not the win rate idiot

what were you tring to convey with this post?

>5 years
>never seen a system that is more than 50% win rate

what the fuck have you been doing?

? You're actually retarded nobody thinks that's the win rate

>what were you tring to convey with this post?
That you're poor and odds are your "system" is shit.

That's sad... what have you tried? I have a system with 92% win rate on one currency but lower on others, so I just run it on the ones it makes me money.

google searching and blowing +20 live accounts with more than 50,000 $

Qualitative easing = printing more shitcoins

Deflationary spirals = whales pumping

Treasury bond swapping = shitcoins printed from thin air swapped for debt backed by nothing

Use biz terminology instead of Jew-speak

you sound bitter my friend

how much money have you lost trading so far? share with us your story

1:1 rr ?

fuck you

>how much money have you lost trading so far
Started with $0 out of high school. Made $90k off of some programming projects. Got into Bitcoin. Now have a portfolio of $8.3m at 24. I can't complain.

oh great its this fucking faggot again

can you give us pointers on where to start learning, economics, finance, mathematics and trading stuff. i wont go into forex but its very interesting and i want deep insight in macro-micro economices and finance.

oh so your in the larping industry

stop same fagging OP

>can you give us pointers on where to start learning, economics, finance, mathematics and trading stuff. i wont go into forex but its very interesting and i want deep insight in macro-micro economices and finance.

what?

No. I'm in the hodl industry and shitting my pants as Bitcoin bounces around $14k. I've seen plenty of people here with $20m+ portfolios. Not sure why $8.3m is hard for you to believe

something to get you started user: lectures.quantecon.org
econ is not gonna make you any money in this field though user, but its good to know the basics

thanks

kys

to any retard that is considering getting into forex, google the following things:
-MT4 Virtual Dealer Plugin
-a book, b book
-variable/widening spreads
-fxcm lawsuit
-closed forex account due unfair terms of service
-flash crash on margin

you won't make it. stop dreaming.

google any serious trader, who turned thousands into tens of millions, and you will see they developed extremely high success rate systems and bet large. I dont bother with anything less than 80% win rate.

+1

>implying every other industry doesn't have similar or even more frequent and nastier sandals
>implying you can manipulate a market with 5 trillion daily volume

You must've been a shit trader and now blame it on everything but yourself

1 to 1 risk ratio?
also how long have you trading with it?

bump

fucking retard. my point is your broker will fuck you over, and doesn't matter if you believe it or not they will at least try.
funny thing is with meme coins and not using any broker but moving shitcoins around with shapeshift i'm like 3000% up.

why wouldn't biz trade forex instead of shitcoins?

>Bitcoin average daily trading volume of $3bn (last 30 days) vs $5.4 trillion in the FX market

I doubt that you have 8.3m and didn't sell the double top at 19k

to elaborate with this >MT4 Virtual Dealer Plugin
just look it up. literally a tool for mt4 to fuck you over

>a book, b book
the business of your broker is to make you lose. they want your deposit and they know you will blow your account. your orders never leave their computers, and they fuck with your orders to make sure you blow it.

>variable/widening spreads
you put a stop or a limit that is far away from the spot. "lol faggot, *triggers your order widening the spread 20 times*"

>fxcm lawsuit
because fxcm was US based they were submitted to US regulations. fxcm solution? lol faggets, we no longer accept US citizens, open or transfer your account to fxcm uk :^)

>closed forex account due unfair terms of service
this one is the best. "lol. you made your account grow 10 times? retard! that's against or ToS. here, take your initial deposit and be glad we are giving you anything"

>flash crash on margin
this one can be any news really. look up when the swiss fucked alpari

>closed forex account due unfair terms of service

i only found 1 post about this? can you share the others?

Brokers make their money from the spreads so dont they want winners who consistently make plays with big money?

only ecn broker do
there is no real ecn brokers

again, after axtensive searching the last half hour i have found only 3 accounts of people being shut down after making money.

i believe this is mainly a myth. i know of a long term successful forex trader named jim brown who makes 7 figures annually and still trades today with pepperstones

The plugin is there to cull slippage. You say that as if a human dealer at the same broker wouldn't do the same.

I used to forex. Made a bit of proffit on brexit and boe interest rate reduction.
Stopped because its a bad form of gambling. Its worse than crypto cause its not a constant bull market

Dont

This never happens and is bs peddled by people who've either been trading on outright scam brokers or did actually break some ToS or got it deleted due to some other reason and are now blaming the broker for it.

I've been trading for 7 years, no serious trader with any broker has ever done this

Read books. Stay away from trading. Become a real investor. Speculating is gambling and youre mathematically doomed to lose.

Forex isn't gambling, what you were doing probably was considering you've been trying to trade big events. What was your strategy?

ok

Thanks user! Gonna read through the book.

Not so much Forex trading as crypto and stocks here. I figure knowledge in one sector might shine light on another.

bumb

Quantitative easing: monetary policy that involves central banks buying securities from their member banks in order to increase liquidity. Very roughly, it has the same effects as increasing the monetary supply.

Deflationary spirals: vicious cycle in which the decrease in prices leads to the decrease in spending (based on the belief that prices will decrease even more) and thus a decrease in production, lower wages. This leads to further decrease in prices, and the cycle continues.

Bond swapping: the technique of selling one bond and purchasing another with the proceeds from the first sale. It's used to take advantage of particular conditions in the market or for taxes.

How did I do? I have a background in financial mathematics and engineering. Mainly derivatives, but I'd love to enter the FOREX world. It would be great to have a mentor, or could you point me to some resources I should start from?

No forex is always gambling you moron. My strategy is only to do it when im sure something is going to play out the way i vision it as it did with brexit.
I knew we would leave the EU and it would cause other moronic forex traders to short the £

The £ has steadily risen since and will continue to next year cause the entire crash was pointless and un necissary, but i saw my opertunity and took it

>The £ has steadily risen since and will continue to next year cause the entire crash was pointless and un necissary,

Interesting stuff there.

It was a bear market after the Catalonia vote, LSE traders tanked the GBP all day and so did NASDAQ with the USD pairing. nearly 10% down eod. overnight markets pumped it notch, but not much.