Player claims that beast races are fine, but only if they are small and cute, or totoro-esque

>player claims that beast races are fine, but only if they are small and cute, or totoro-esque

what is your opinion on this statement?

>player claims that beast races are fine, but only if they are wild and furious, or gnolls

The player is weeaboo trash and his opinion should be disregarded, as well as his right to remain in the game.

This. Beast races shouldn't be adorable comic relief, they should be monstrous creatures.

I'm fine with that, though I would feel a smidge bad fighting small and cuddly gnolls.

Most of my settings are inspired in part by ghibli and miyazaki so I can't complain.

As long as by "small and cute" he means "funny animal", not "small furry".

this guy got the right idea. look at this creature, it manages to strike the best aspects of both things while somewhat staying true to the idea of BEAST humanoid.

Put him on a pre-kick watchlist, because having strong opinions on beast races is one step away from disrupting the game over perceived furries.

>cutsie jap shit
No it doesn't.
Beast races should be as their name implies, bestial. They should embody the traits associated with their species. Dog races are fiercely loyal while being a bit dull witted, cat races are aloof and have honed killer instincts etc.
They shouldn't just be an animal head on a human body but an animal reimagined to stand upright, so no tits.

that's literally a fursona-tier characterization.
oversimplified and cliched

it's like you are afraid of playing around with the trope of the "beast" race

I don't give a shit.

If the DM says that rather than a player, I make a lil' bat with big ears because I want in on that.

>player claims that demons are fine, but only if they are small and cute, or totoro-esque

That's not "funny animal", that's "kemonomimi". "Funny animal" is like Donald Duck.

That's just loli furbait.

I think it raises questions about what kind of game they want to play in. I'd certainly rather know sooner than later.

I came to post this.

>excludes Bangaa and Nu Mou
Nope.

Run Redwall campaign, crush player's spirit.

This look like something out of those furry doujins.

Mein neger

Isn't Kemonomimi more human?

>player claims that beast races are fine, but only if they have huge tits

Both of these are excellent positions.

I had a gm that had a setting where gnolls had been enslaved by humanity and selectively bred into a race of corgi people that act as house servants.

>tfw no gnoll maid

>player claims that beast races are fine, but only if they are small and cute
>post a rabbit
Neumono.

this art screams teenage girl.

Nu mou are pretty Totoroesque

They have to spell it "smol". If they can do that without puking, don't game with them.

Actually several japanese RPG include at least one "cutesy" animal race.

I'm fine with that, it's at least better than gnomes.

Personally i like to include the whole gamut - huge, weird and bestial for your usual savage beastmen, kemonomimi people for civilized beastmen, small and cute for magic-focused megalomaniacal empire of small fluffy creatures who had ENOUGH.

I'm fine with beast races, as long as they lean more towards legitimate beast than anthros.

Non-humonoid features and proportions, maybe even quadrupedal.

Player should shut the fuck up and listen to the GM.

>Keep seeing this bunny when scrolling through the catalogus and it brightens up my day again
thanks friend, its a cute one

I like those that have something like GURPS' "Semi-Upright" disadvantage. They normally walk on all four, but they can also stand up and walk at -40% speed, and use their hands like any human when they're standing.

GMs should shut the fuck up and listen to the players.

I don't really care what kind of abominations are there in the world as long as it isn't fetish shit.

Anything can be a fetish
If it exists, someone gets off to it

There is difference between jerking off in your home and bring it to the table. If you can't separate your private life from game you should talk with your psychiatrist about it.

I'm just saying, if there's a guy who gets off to tile patterns, it's impossible to avoid evert fetish
If someone's jerking off at the table, that's a whole nother set of issues

>be eternal GM
>all my players are furries but so what.
>finally running a setting that has beast races
>they're great roleplayers and I trust them to keep it supergreen
>still worried they might be tempted to go down certain paths
>especially after we've had a few drinks
>declare beast races must be wild and monstrous
>things enter the magical realm anyway
>talking with one of them later about it
>informs me my declaration actually made it more likely and it's all my fault.
>fine they want ERP fine I'll give them fucking ERP
>end up running my first ERP campaign
It was bound to happen eventually. If you're gonna be forever GM, law of averages says you're going get drawn into the magical realm eventually.

That's not how a seller's market works.

I have no problem with this

I have a big problem with this

So they all agreed on this dark, post-apocalyptic world with mutated creatures and packs form just so they can brutally take down other packs and monsters just to get food.

And one player wants all beast races to look cute.

Yeah, that's a no go.

Fuck you, find another GM, I'll keep playing with the others. Good luck.