What does Veeky Forums MtG players think of Rudy?

What does Veeky Forums MtG players think of Rudy?

He is what he is.

Seems like a cool guy but he does appear to be taking advantage of WotC's jewish business strategy. I subscribe to him mostly for card shop life.

I just wish card games didn't have to be an investment. I want people to play the damn game with me and not have to spend more than 300 on a good ass deck (tier 1).

Cards can have value and all but they don't have to be so conservatively reprinted so that they're not economically viable.

This is actually what I like about Rudy. He doesnt have a big "investment" in singles, its almost all sealed. Sure hoarding mirage and innistrad boxes doesnt help the prices of staples but he isnt one of the guys sitting on hundreds of U volcanics or 1000 FoWs. He just hoards graded alpha cards but who the hell is buying those?

I usually enjoy the work of Sean Astin.

I appreciate what he does.

He's speculator so he'll never not be scum on some level but he's also a great showman and no matter what he's saying it's usually worth paying attention.

Praise be the taco my it always be floppy.

Rudy's got the chalk.

I enjoy Rudy. He comes off as being more honest than he has any right to be, mostly because he's honest about how scummy the markets are.
>would I trust anything he says without fact checking?
No.
>would I keep what he says in the back of my mind?
Yes.

I agree with you. Hoarding sealed is not as bad as owning the largest collection of Black Bordered OG duals just to make large amounts of money 10 years from now

His antics with the forts of sealed boxes or the wrapping clothes are more entertaining than they should be.

He's the only Magic Youtuber that I feel wouldn't be awkward to interact with.

>depends on which of the 17 Rudy's we're talking about here
But seriously, i like him, often just let him ramble on the background while sorting cards or updating my trade binder and stuff

I like him. Stumbled one day over one of his first videos. I'd love to see some stats about how this channel boosted his sales.

Fun guy and I like his insights.

I have no fucking idea why people hate him and pretend he is doing anything at all to magic's "market".

Rudy is not the reason cards are "expensive".

I feel the same way. I can definitely imagine situations where he would be a total dick, but then you'd be like ,"Ahh fuck you too Rudy you rascal" and just carry on.

Hoarders are terrible but all the pictures of him being smug in sealed product forts makes me think I would do the same goddamn thing if I had the foresight.

Scumbag kike.

The thing about hording sealed is that, honestly, someone needs to do it with all the unsold product. It has to exist somewhere, and it's either going to be held by an individual or corporate entity, and anyone other than Wizards themselves is acceptable.

Certain holders may attempt to use it as leverage on the market, yes, but, end users who crack the sealed boxes are still the ones dictating what price is considered acceptable for cardboard. Things don't get too out of whack unless we're talking about legacy buyouts, and then we're talking about singles rather than sealed.

If he owns several stores is he really a "hoarder"?

Having foresight is not enough. You need a significant capital to invest first of all. Any less than 10k and you won't be able to make a noticeable profit from buying cardboard.

This.
Watch his video on the Nissa duel deck. The card got to 13.00 per, and he stated he was going to crack 100 units and sell each at 12.00 per, plus 4-for-a-dollar deals for some of the uncommons.
We'll say he made 15.00/unit, with the initial cost being 10.00/unit.

So he made $500.00 or so profit, having invested 1000.00.
That is profit, that is money, but, for a guy who can invest 1000.00 into a single product, chances are, 500.00 wouldn't even be rent.
You have to be doing this across massive amounts of product to actually be making money rather than just paying the bills.

Bear in mind also, that this is a guy who runs multiple stores, has money in real estate, and possibly other sources of revenue beyond that.
Pic related. Rudy is has money.

For us nobodies with nothing, "investing" in Magic consists of using it to raise credit limits since the cards have and hold their own value, unlike clothes or food. They're assets.