General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dark-elves-en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stormcast grenadiers are coming mates

should I go pure SCE or SCE with a side of wanderers to add a little speed and range?

>should I go pure SCE or SCE with a side of wanderers to add a little speed and range?

literally everything Wanderers can do SC does better. Mono SC is the way to go.

>Yet still some idiots plays with their generic humans, elves and dwarves
When will they learn?

New to AOS, I like Magic and Shooting down my opponent from afar. I also like the Dark Aelves aesthetics.
How good are they on the table ? What a typical army of them would look like ? What are their main tactics ?

>Yet still some idiots plays with their generic humans, elves and dwarves

a lot of people do not like the aesthetic and lore for SCE and so choose armies they do like.

>How good are they on the table ?
Bad
>What a typical army of them would look like
1-2 units spam, since they splited into small armies
>What are their main tactics ?
Surrender

People with shit taste should suffer.

>New to AOS
welcome
>I like Magic and Shooting down my opponent from afar
neat
>I also like the Dark Aelves aesthetics
me too!
>How good are they on the table ?
terrible mostly
>What a typical army of them would look like?
your best hope is the formation from the compendium in the pic, take darkshards as battleline
>What are their main tactics?
sadly they are pretty terrible but the formation in the pic is pretty good. Add a Black dragon lord or two and you should be crushing most things that aren't the super good new releases. Unfortunately dark aelves have no good wizards so I wouldn't bother with them, also don't bother with anything shooty except darkshards for battleline.

or you know, do whatever you want because you need to like your army too.

you may want to consider waiting a couple months... the rumor is that "shadow aelves" are going to be released probably next.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dark-elves-en.pdf

>no shooting
>no magic
>formation in the pic is pretty good.

Hey thanks, I'll wait for the next release to decide then.

with two black dragons in your face turn one and turn 2 bringing you something like 15 mortal wounds per unit of with elves it is not uncommon to literally wipe your opponent off the table before turn 3. Granted it doesn't work as well against the new bullshit releases but whatever.

Wait for new release, current DE dead, but they are going to be replaced by new army
>and turn 2
And your dragons killed by these guys

In relation to this, i'm thinking of making an army bases around Palladors and Gryph hounds. Anyone tried anything similar?

I did say it doesn't work well against the new bullshit releases

Then how the fuck it's a GOOD formation?

>Then how the fuck it's a GOOD formation?

you know what power creep is right?

everything will be not as good when compared to what is most recently released.

Then, again, why call this garbage a GOOD formation if it sucks against actual armies?

Because a clever player can make it work. It grants you additional tools to empower what you have

>Because a clever player can make it work.
Nope, his dragons will be shooted down and so the rest of army
There is literally no ways in AoS to make full melee lists useful

Does anyone have the PDFs for the shadows over hammerhal books?

>Nope, his dragons will be shooted down and so the rest of armyThere is literally no ways in AoS to make full melee lists useful

so you showed up here... last week right? What's your story? You seem super negative about a lot of things and I would love to understand where you're coming from.

I wouldn't bother user. Sometimes assholes are just assholes.

>You seem super negative about a lot of things
Because I am saying truth?

He's been here longer, about 2 years now, but he's only reappeared recently.

I would say there is some truth in the sorts of things you say. Like how the old armies are weaker, and the new armies are the future, etc. Nothing wrong with saying the truth.

Anyways, like I was asking, what's your story? How did you get into AOS? Did you ever play whfb?

>How did you get into AOS?
I bought SCE half of starter
>? Did you ever play whfb?
nope

>I bought SCE half of starter
that's really cool, I bought the box set too and gave two of my good friends each half. The SCE half has some really nice models, I particularly like the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, he is really good and one of the best looking models in the entire SC range IMO.

So you get a chance to play much?

>So you get a chance to play much?
Yep, what's your point?

>Yep
that's cool, have you had a chance to play against KO yet? I haven't, sadly, they look fun and interesting.

nah what you're saying is a bunch of incoherent nonsense, brought on by your immense asshurt for a subject you dont understand.

Dont reply until you learn unbroken english and get the dick out of your ass

>bunch of incoherent nonsense
>tellling user that his formation is shit against actual meta
> bunch of incoherent nonsense,

Anyone mind giving me a bit of a summary on the current state of the setting?

I know
>lots of different "realms"
>each realm accessible through gates
>Slaanesh is gone
>Chaos running rampant

Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
Has the general fluff of Chaos changed?
Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?
Are most races bar the new Dwarfs still at a medieval tech level?
Is there such thing as haunted castles and Sylvanian type horror areas?

>implying the meta means shit when a squig heavy moonclan list won heat 3

yeah wtf was up with that anyways?

The dude outplayed his opponents and dominated objectives. He was cunning, but brutal

Do chaos dwarf from forge world, holy shit they are amazing

Soon

>People are still having the same argument 5 threads later

Change of topic. What are you working on Anons?

I finally got back to working on my Arkanauts for a Skirmish list after a break. I have 3 completed, so only 7 in the production line and I already remembered why I hate doing production lines.

The realms are vast and varied, so honestly the answer to most of those questions is simply "there is no reason why not".

The city they made for the last Warhammer Quest game would have fit right into WHFB Empire without much issue.

Also Chaos is more or less unchanged, and Slaaesh is less "gone" more "missing". They still exist, its just nobody knows where they are now.

>Slaanesh is gone.

He isn't.

>Chaos running rampant

It's been generations (and almost a year) since that time. Order is on the rise, we have pirates flying around in shiny ships too.

>Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?

Nurgle got kicked in the balls by Sigmar via stormcast going full "Sigmar-ahu Ackbar!"

>Are most races bar the new Dwarfs still at a medieval tech level?

Not really, maybe.

>Is there such thing as haunted castles and Sylvanian type horror areas?

Deffo!

I like that blue on the armor, user

I feel you my first arkanaut box I made some moulds and got 20 out of a box abd assembly lined them all. Now i am on to 20 g. Thunderers, 6 endrinriggers, ironclad and then 20 more arkanauts.. I only assembly line.

I know it is faster than painting each one to completion, but it is so boring. I actually have a half finished production line on Longbeards on my desk still, so this time I am forcing myself to complete them before moving onto something else.

Thanks, it is piss easy to do. It is just Kantor Blue > Nuln Oil > edge highlight with Kantor Blue > Extreme edge highlight with Altdorf Guard Blue.

You can control how dark you want the end result to be by how much or little you highlight with Kantor blue

Nice, thanks for the steps to it to.

Hey guys I come too in search of stormcast color schemes, If I'm correct there was this new colour schemes in the new book which I'm looking for, one has a blue-black armor with a purple-red plume on the helmet I believe, and sadly I don't remember the others.

hahaha, all the taste of recycle WoW garbage.

Go blow your horn elsewhere mr skeltal.

Again thanks for feedback. I based cast 7 off of Tzeentch spells of Tzaangor Shaman and Ogroid Thaumaturge that do the same thing with Tzaangors and Horrors, but admittedly Fimir are probably far better than either of those.
I also realised I never put the Half-Fiends in the BT from my rough concept stage. I probably would just go with Shearls or Chaducain at this point.
The issue was with as short as her cast range is, I have literally never actually used it in game. If you get her close enough to be doing that you're close enough she's usually already dead. Honestly I don't know that fimir really *need* to be able to spawn more units (despite liking the fluff of it), so I'd be fine with giving her a different spell if it came right down to it.

Also if anyone else wants to chime in, here's it re-uploaded.

>when a squig heavy moonclan list won heat 3
He won through objectives, not in pitched battle
>Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
nope

Finished 10 Arkanauts and an Admiral, working on an Ironclad, and have an Endrinmaster I'm excited to work on and 10 more Arkanauts that I'm not excited for.

All my dwarfs interrelate to each other and have the same/verrrry similar colour schemes (green and gold, sometimes silver). So I have a Dispossessed army of Clan Izorstokaz, a KO army of Barak-Gorlm, and a 40k Squat army. I like to imagine that each of the armies is the descendants of the next one.

>2017
>doesn't like superior Warcraft aesthetic
Shut up, sissy groggy

The competitive scenarios are all objective based. Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in the GT.

>Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in the GT.
Yes, because everyone plays on tournaments every day.
Also, pitched strenght shows pure army power-level. If Moonclan opponent rolled 1-2 doubleturns he would won easily

You gotta be 18 to be here kid.

>Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in Age of Sigmar

The game has been objective based since launch. Every single book that has come out for the game contains battleplans that involve some form of objective other than "table your enemy by turn 6".

It is like watching a baseball game, and saying that the losing team was actually better because they threw the ball harder.

>grognards still whinning about "muh WoW" as it valid argument

Possibly.

>Has the general fluff of Chaos changed?
Chaos has been established as an force that has consumed alot of realities, many of them by Archaon's hands. The Chaos Gods think the Mortal Realms is just another of those realities they devoured. The slann know the Mortal Realms are more important and that could lead to their ultimate defeat.

>Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?
There's two new places:
-Blight City a skaven city that was transported to the realm of chaos to escape the End Times, but due to the skavenanigans it sink half into reality, which means the skaven can make holes into the Mortal Realms and other realities.
-Varanspire is the fortress of Archaon situated in the Eightpoints and the Realm of Chaos.
There's also a piece of the crystal labyrinth that was stolen and put into an dimensional pocket called the Halosphere by a Slann. It's implied that if they can get the equation to open the gates at it's center they will be able to screw Tzeench in a major way.

Probably not.

Possibly.

Except it's wargame, not sportgame

but I like the aesthetic of mortals fighting along side SCE

>>Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
>Possibly.
Wrong

What you was supposed to take from that is that you are measuring who is better with a useless metric that doesn't actually apply.

If you are playing pitched battles often, you are not getting the most out of the game. It was designed to be played with battleplans, and a lot of them are really interesting.

I don't know why I am replying to the shit poster, but one city is not representative of every city.

I like how for a brief moment user tried to converse with the slav like a human being and how bewildered the slav was at the thought of actually TALKING about the game he claims to enjoy as opposed to only mindlessly bitching about everything constantly.

>It was designed to be played with battleplans,
And my SCE wins always. Your point?
Moonclan won, not because army was good, but because of luck
>but one city is not representative of every city.
It's represents common technology level and it's far from medieval.

>only mindlessly bitching about everything constantly.
Where exactly I was bitching about everything? When I said fantasycuck that his formation sucks and he should wait for new aelves army instead of keep pushing "legacy army are relevant!" meme?

Chaos definitely has them. From what we know of the free cities, they are a mix of tall dome topped towers and a blend of renaissance and ancient greek architecture (see illustrations from shadows over hammerhal for more detail). The more azyr-inspired buildings have less and less of the traditional wfb style, but retain some elements in terms of their general iconography. See the Shadows over Hammerhal guidebook, read city of secrets and google pictures of azyrheim for examples of known building styles.

It's difficult to pin down the exact style for several reasons. First is that realms are inevitably varied and wild in places. Second is that the only non-chaotic building scenery GW has released are ruins from the age of myth and we don't know if that style is exactly representative of the free cities (though it seems to hold similarities). Third is that we have limited general info on the style. We have

The new settings' equivalent of the colleges of magic (now named collegiate arcane) often have access to powerful arcane machines and mechanisms (storm engines I think they were called?) which, in conjunction with traditional artillery (cannons, rocket batteries), help them to defend their cities.

Blackpowder weaponry is still in common use by ordinary human soldiery though, as are traditional melee weapons; swords, spears, halberds etc. Stormcast obviously have magical, storm-infused weaponry that's made from sigmarite, the magical metal found within the core of the old world which now rests in the realm of azyr. Basically on a more individual level, the weaponry is the same for ordinary soldiers. On a greater level, there's a lot more crazy arcane technology around which performs important functions for the cities. Please ignore the shitposter, he's the Matt Ward of stormcast eternals.

>On a greater level, there's a lot more crazy arcane technology around which performs important functions for the cities
So the in the cities the quality of life would hopefully been improved.

>he's the Matt Ward of stormcast eternals.
And I'am right.

>So the in the cities the quality of life would hopefully been improved.
And it was improved, Azyrheim is basically very highly advanced civilization. see

Is there any way to represent a "good" barbarian faction? Like Conan-esque aesthetic (not implying Conan is "good"), aside from Chaos Marauders? Or is it pretty much Chaos and or Chaos for that?

>Is there any way to represent a "good" barbarian faction?
SCE

And Sylvaneths with Fireslayers

How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?

Honestly the closest thing Order has to barbarians aesthetically is Fyreslayers. If you are open to heavily converting you could modify Marauders a touch to lose the Chaosy elements and run them using Freeguild or Fyreslayer rules.

Cities in the realm of azyr have a good QoL. To give a 40k analogy, Azyr is the fantasy EQ of Ultramar, and it's cities are comparable to the planets in that system. Other realms have cities with both extremes of luxury and poverty. Excelsis has a great centre inspired by azyrite architectural styles, but also things you'd expect in a crowded city, big busy and disorderly markets and harbours, slums (excelsior's slums are called 'the veins', because it's a mess of cramped and crowded buildings built on top of each other with little forethought).

SCE aren't much like barbarians. They're literally the peak of heroism, sigmars chosen, reforged in his image to fight chaos, not petty raiders and scavengers.

Fyreslayers are a much better match. They're literally bare-chest, axe wielding, giant fire beast wrangling, magical gold hoarding dwarves.

Is there any way to add some sort of 'nobility' into Chaos fluff? Like I remember someone talking on here about Khorne having honourable martial aspects or something. Could do a Chaos army and have them think they're on the side of honor or whatever.

>How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?
How the fuck they aren't?

>Could do a Chaos army and have them think they're on the side of honor or whatever.
Only in headcanon

Unfortunately the more noble side of Khorne is lost to time. In Age of Sigmar he is straight BLOOD SKULLS KILL MAIM BURN.

Oh you are literally retarded. Got it. Cheers faggot. Try not to choke on your paint water

Play tzeentch. Tzeentch tricks and corrupts people into doing bad shit all the time. That or play flesh eater courts. They're literally mad cannibals who are under a delusion that they're noble knights and kings.

Honestly I'm surprised there isn't a human faction like that for Destruction or Order. I guess Order already has more than enough considering all the aelves/duardin/SCE/freeguild and w/e fall into that, but it'd be interesting to see a Destruction faction that wasn't based off greenskins or ogres.

Try not to choke on that stormdick too hard.

I think that would be cool, fantasy digganobs'd be the shit. Sorry there isn't a readily available option in Order that is too your liking.

Well, the most literal, but obviously aesthetically dissimilar match is freeguild, simply because many of their ranks are taken from the reclaimed; tribes of humans who fled from or hid from chaos before the gates of azyr closed. Read city of secrets for more info.

I have read it but I forgot that bit, that's a good point actually! I think I might look in to either mixing marauders in with a freeguild army, or mix-matching bits from the kits. Thanks user!

Also see duncan's recently vid on his converted freeguild spearmen. You could make a more feral, less 300 version of that easily.

Tempted to start a Sylvaneth force or wait to see if shadowkin come out this year.

I used to play woodelves by the way back in warhammer.

The rules for freeguild are one of my suggestions from earlier. It's just getting the aesthetic right, that's the trick.

Sylvaneth are in an okay place if you can't wait for the aelves release. Plus their models are really great.

Okay I just have a bias towards things with a Nature vs. Evil aesthetic, but the models are okay.

You guys are losers when it comes to the fluff.

Yes, there is.

Check out Order of the Fly from the "Plague Garden" novel. Even Stormcast admit these Nurglite are honourable and have a measure of nobility..

>How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?

The Astral Templar are known for their savage and wild ways (think Space Wolves).

Ah, so you were pushing the "legacy army are not relevant" meme. Gotchu.

There is also the Chaos character from Silver Tower, who embraced the power of Chaos to protect his tribe.

Hearing about random humans and why they chose Chaos for non-BWAHAHAHAEEEEEEEVILLLL reasons will always be the most interesting part of chaos to me

It did end with him ascending to daemonhood, losing all his humanity, and returning to his tribe as a destroyer, not as a protector.

>i-i-i-it's just a meme, my Empire is still relevant!

Empire doesn't exist. Empire is a WFB faction.

I've talked about models