>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU[Open]

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo[Open]
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw[Open]

Is pic related possible without airbrush ? Is there any guide ?

You can do something similiar but it will require a lot more time, blending, and freehand.

No. It looks fucking awful anyway

kujo painting has some nice guides on blending and such. but getting something similar to that is going to take hundreds of hours of hard work, its not really worth going for something like that without an airbrush, unless you're going on a smaller scale like this.

Continuing work on a predator. Looking forward to getting mud and muck all over it soon.

>those moldlines on the guns

I'm doin it

>Looking forward to getting mud and muck all over it soon.

Don't get too heavy on the mud

Fucking Disciples of Caliban badge was a nightmare

Nice user, is that a schurzen?
I can't wait for the weathering, it's quite uncommon on marines vehicles

I-is this all freehanded?
And here I am, having trouble drawing a straight line.

Yeah man. The trick is to thin your paints and to use many layers, even with shit like this. The whites were minimum 3 layers plus touchup. I mark out anything I can with a big + in the middle of the pauldrons and use that as a frame of reference for positioning and build basecoat to topcoat like any other piece.

Just need to take it slow as fuck and be ready to fix and tidy up shit with the colour you painted the entire pauldron with.

Reposting

>the briefing never mentioned Space Marines or horns on their heads!

>When the commissar dies

Its gaps, dog. I was lazy. I'm sorry. I'll try. I went a bit overboard last time.
Sure is!

>>that griffon badge
Sweet Christ. What a nightmare that must've been. Looks great though. How many floors up would you jump from if you grabbed it with errant paint on your finger from a leaky pot while painting the rest?

I never actually posted the finished version of roboute after I painted him a while ago.

In retrospect, now that I've gained some experience in blending and glazing, I could definitely have done better on the sword. Weakest part.

I sure did learn a lot while painting him though. Gotta practice for the day they eventually bring back my real gene-dad.

Butt.

>when the commissar tells you to run and hide

Also, just so I'm not purely shitposting:
>Got this
>what do
I feel like those bases miss something. Then again, they're just bases and shouldn't take away anything from the miniatures anyway.

Colourblind user here.

Could anyone tell me what paint was used on the rim of these bases?

It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be, since I just opted to use a marker to make the eagle. Comes out shiny as hell but I topcoat all my models before doing metals since I've had really nice badgework and the like just eaten away by regular handling and transport. Takes the shine out and makes it look real nice.
I did ardcoat the Iron Lord one though, since I realized I chose three chapters with a black background and needed some kinda variety. Still unsure how to differentiate the Black Consuls marine I'm making.

Looks grey to me.

>I feel like those bases miss something.
Maybe some oil puddles or scratches?
Look fine as they are though.

Probs mechanicus standard grey. Looks a bit lighter than skavenblight.

Any tips for colorblind painters btw? I'm trying to help my friend with his. Hes red/green (and painting salamanders. The madman)

Thanks senpai, I'll gladly steal that scheme.

if I had to guess, I would say Dawnstone (a darker, warm grey).

Any idea on which specific type of grey?

Do it, bro. Two coats of yriel over white, reikland recess wash, dorn yellow edge highlight.

Guess I could add some. Thanks user.

Godspeed.

Ive done the same thing a couple times in my squads. On vets you can just mix it up with chapter color, company color, and silver as your trim color to add some variety, but its harder with terminators.

Emperor's Children Resurgent are at 75%. Going to pick up an Emperor's Children Contemptor and some Phoenix Terminators to add a bit of pizzazz.
And I painted the first Death Guard mini from Dark Imperium.

>Wash off my brush in some dirty paint water.
>Go to put the tail end in my mouth to free my hands for the next mini.
>Put the brush end in my mouth instead.

Use a lot of light sources when you're painting. I'm doing Deathwatch marines atm and if I don't have a shit ton of lights on them I can't see the highlight colours at all.

Also I just follow guides for the most part, mainly Duncans. If I want to paint a red cloak for my Deathwatch Captain I'll just copy the guide for the Admech Vanguard cloak. Takes away the guess work.

Drink some water user

Yeah simply not having the shoulder trim is killing me. That and the only terminators I used were Deathwing and the vanilla kit. Have a Blood Angel and Space Wolf on the way but the rest of the guys it was extremely hard to make them look representative of their chapters.

Seriously I'd buy the shit out of an updated Terminator box if they made one. Though considering how things are going we'll get Primaris terminators and the old kit will be left to rot forever.

>red/ green colourblind
>painting salamanders

Your friend might also be retarded.

Cheers lads.

Masochistic at the very least, that's a terrible scheme to try and do when you can't properly distinguish two of the main colours used.

That's how I got into this situation.

No, it's okay. He's definitely retarded. I have informed him.

Ugh. I know, dude. We'll never get new regular terminators and it's awful. I really want to use a gorgon terminator for iron hands, but don't want to buy 5 from forgeworld. I have a crimson fist, blood angel, dark angel, space wolf, imperial fist, and salamander.

>I really want to use a gorgon terminator for iron hands
check ebay, there are always a few bits stores that also stock FW bits.

Any pointers? Apart from basing of course

Just keep practising.

Holy crap, they have the whole kit essentially ala carte. Ace call, bro.

first mini?

post emperor's children

>Using your mouth at all when painting

You filthy swine

>He doesn't apply Agrax Earthshade with his tongue.

How else are you supposed to get into those tight spots?

Filthy casual.

>he doesn't pour Agrax earthshade into his foreskin and let it run down the model after a few minutes of letting it seep into the skin
actually, that's foul, I apologize.

First batch

>He doesn't chemically replace his semen with agrax earthshade then ejaculate onto his minis.

>He hasn't already had his testicles filled with hot-glue.

my first minis are these skitarii rangers. how the fuck should i fill in the gaps in the cape? theyre so annoying. what ratio should i mix for greenstuff? it comes out way too hard to properly fill in the gap and i can get barely fit anything in there to sand or scrape so its gotta go on mostly smooth

If you use nuln oil to paint thin lines where the armour sections meet it'll give it a bit more depth and quite easy to achieve. The vids on the warhammer channel showing how to paint various types of power armour explain it pretty well.

Current progress on my ultras, aside from a few obvious moldlines and my shitty edge highlighting they're coming along nicely.

Just got the four characters and the Inceptors left.

Has anyone here mixed a little Nurgle's Rot with Blood For the Blood God?

I'm looking for new ways to represent freshly burst Nurgly bits.

What made you want to paint them as Ultramarines?

looks like my genestealer cult is getting a second limo

i found this in a second hand toyshop this weekend. the chassis and the engine where already built and the box is not that great so i got it for €5,- not bad for nearly 50 years old plastic crack

How should I paint this guy? I'm not interested in doing any sort of chapter since I only have two primaris and aren't interested in more, but I don't have a color scheme for it

Give him chaos bits and make him a Night Lord.

Why do you faggots do this

remove barrel
drill moldlines

I like em, despite their reputation around some places.

Hopefully this is a better picture, I don't have the best lighting set-up.

I dont want to give you shit about them or anything. I think They have a nice scheme but I dislike their lore. They're looking pretty gud user, I dont know why but I suck dogshit at edge highlighting space marines.

first cuts done, wish me luck /wip

Oh no worries my man, no offense taken.

Here's a closer look at one of the sergeants before I fixed him up a bit.

Seems a bit thick.

I like your style user.

Consider using stormhost silver or liverator gold to highlight your gold bits.

Most of your edge errors look less about confident brush control and more about maintaining the right consistency of the paint. Make sure you aren't overloaded or too thin right when you load up, that's the prime moment for your paint to bone you. Dont hesitate to just wipe off the paint with your finger while it's wet and thin if you goof.

Also a brighter color in the eye lenses and a highlight on the sgts hair would be good.

I'm always jealous of ultras. Best transfer sheets.

Remove moldlines/sprue connection points and try to thin your paints a just a little bit more.

Emperor's Children Resurgent*
1/2

2/2

I am a fellow admirer of the Emperors Children, but I think you should make a chapter name that is a little more subtle

What's a decent starter airbrush? I assume I could probably stop by harbor freight or something for the compressor.

Hey thanks user, yeah I had a feeling that I wasn't consistent enough with the paint when highlighting, I found myself going over some area more than once. But yes gonna brighten up those areas you mentioned too.

When the commissar shoots himself

Am watching this with interest.

>Emperor's Children Resurgent
Resurgend.
adjective
1. Rising or tending to rise again; reviving; renascent.

Seems pretty fitting to me, given that Cawl got his hands on the original Genes of Fulgrim. Like the Phoenix from which they originate, they rise up and make a splash. Subtlety was never a strong point for the pretty marines, unless you're talking about based Saul Tarvitz or equally based Solomon Demeter.
You can be damn sure that my Contemptor is going to be named Rylanor, the Second Ancient.

>Resurgent**
I hate phone posting with a passion.

Im aware of the definition of the word, I just think they wouldnt want to flaunt their traitor origins and draw ire, they are your dudes however and you can do whatever you want.

Oh hey it's the Soul Drinkers.

I don't think of it as flaunting, more a case of taking rebirth of a phoenix a little to literally.

fucking inspiring

How about the "Children Resurgent", the current name doesn't flow too well, that rolls off the tongue much better.

Children Resurgent? Then you could just call them the Sleepy Heads. The connection to the traitors is key.

Phoenicians Resurgent

"Not Traitors (We Promise)"

This, I hadn't considered.

Emperor's New Groove

The connection exists from the colour scheme and the implications of the name, you don't have to match the words to create a connection.

I think this guy's suggestion is stellar honestly, you should go with that.

heh

>The connection exists from the colour scheme and the implications of the name, you don't have to match the words to create a connection.
Ehhhhh, I don't think I agree completely with that. But is pretty baller.

highlight the edges of things

>What's a decent starter airbrush?
Any of Iwata's double actions; everybody sells HP and Revo parts.
>>I assume I could probably stop by harbor freight or something for the compressor.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should; their compressors are horrible. The 1/5 HP Master comp with the tank is good for about the same price.

This is a fucking perfect name for them, throw in some tiny amounts of Carthaginian shit on them and youve got the perfect secret identity.

To Imperial army veterans: how much flexibility do sentinel's legs allow in their posing? I need this for a conversion.
I have to attach two pairs of legs to a flat surface