Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

IA14 fucking WHEN edition

Previous: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TvN5lCVkRk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Popular myth states that the Orkish printing press was developed by a mad Mek trying to produce a mega-gatler that ran on paper and used ink as a coolant. Indeed, many are primarily employed in this manner, but occasionally enterprising grots are known to borrow them to try and make a few teef on the side.

The better question is why did all the FAQs basically amount of typo corrections when there was apparently so much "playtesting" done by the tourney crowd?

I want a plane to give my Admech some glorious medium fire support.

I had the idea of using greenstuff, the Sector Mechanicus parts and a whole bunch of misc. spares to make a Marauder Destroyer counts-as based on the Guns of Icarus Mobula, with all the turrets and such and probably a couple weapon servitors.

Thoughts and/or ideas? I'm new to kitbashing on this scale, honestly.

Beside marines, tau and Eldar, there was zero play testing

So I made a kinda Fluffy list for my Custom Inquisitor I made. rate?

dubs picks what chapter I paint my mega-Manlet Deathwatch Chaplain as.

>write down ruleset
>tourneyfags bitch and moan
>change whole game
>tourneyfags keep bitching and moaning
>change whole game again, deadline coming close
>tourneyfags bitch AGAIN
>throw out one last edit days before the stuff needs to be printed
>fuck it keep the typos in

A C O L Y T E S

Start with the stand. Make sure it's balanced around the anchoring point.

I play Ultrasmurfs and Tau.

Do you know any better armies?

Legion of the Damned

Why even bother if it's 1 wound models?

You got the good guy protagonist armies down

Angry Marines

low tier bait

>tau
>protagonists

Ah, yeah. It was going to be based around some of those semicircular Sector Mech walkways, so I can balance the stand with relation to that. Problem is how to get a proper airship balloon going on, I was thinking greenstuff but that would be easily damaged unless it was literally solid.

Considering the shield drone changes, I say otherwise.
It's a knee jerk reaction when you can just shoot the drone instead with literally anything.

Well, that's what GW gets for working with insufferable faggots

>muh storm bolter
10 points or 1 PL for single Guardsmen leader with a storm bolter and maybe a re-roll is a shit

The Hanged

T'au sept. By which I mean Salamanders.

Farsight Enclaves

Im enjoying he tacticool taped mags on the Death Guard, but I feel it's more of a Primaris or Sternguard thing.

My thoughts for this list were simple, I would like some feedback/suggestions.

>Grand Master Voldus
Time to dominate the Psychic phase and reroll those hits.

>Interceptor Squad
Their one off teleport to get where I need to be and to distract people from the real threat.

>Venerable Dreadnought
Mobile weapons platform that when parked next to my Grand Master Voldus dish out some serious firepower. They also become Psykers for even more fun.

>Paladin Squad
The big boys waiting in the chamber to slam down on the right target.

You can now have Commissar Fuklaw hang out with the Angry Marines. Just make an Imperium list with a Commissar as your hq choice.

>Implying loyalist marines would ever lower themselves to such barbaric practices
>Rather than bitch-slapping the techmarine and telling him to give them one of those fuckhueg magazine drums

DA

Auric Patricians

>Well, that's what GW gets for working with insufferable faggots
I actually liked their approach.
>Hello, dear tourneyfags. Take a look at these rules. Now break it as hard as you can.
And then they decided what to toss out.

The best question is why idiots think just because 8E isn't 100% flawless that there was no playtesting or less playtesting done than the other editions, when we've seen copious amounts of evidence that the game actually WAS playtested, and extensively, going so far as to bring in unpaid third party playtesters, compared to previous editions which weren't even playtested at all besides some faggot at GW smashing 5 Riptides against 6 Carnifexes.

rainbow marines

( Dressed up as an Aztec)

Pretty Marines

Looks fun. Would play with and against.

That still doesn't explain the amount of third grade typos on a supposedly luxury product.

They're not even tactical, they're doing it because they're too ghetto to have drum mags. They also have a phobos bolter that is literally so broken they had to take a block of wood and tie it to the bolter casing because they couldn't repair the actual grip.

All printed products are luxury products. You don't need books to survive.

And no, the FAQs aren't "all typo fixes" you hyperbolic faglord, there's stupid ass FAQs for morons like you, like "does within 1" count 1" too?" "yes."

I don't actually believe that any of the tourneyfags that claim they were deeply involved in the design process of 8th edition actually did anything at all.

I think the extent of their "playtesting" was them getting to play early versions of the dark imperium boxed set with exactly the rules and units provided in that box and nothing else.

Probably because you don't know shit. They even said they brought up "less models always go first" and "flamers can hit flyers" to the GW devs and GW just ignored them. People still treat niggers like shit, I guess according to your logic the civil rights movement never happened then?

Proofreading =/= playtesting.

Also, you aren't forced to do anything with the feedback you get from playtesters. It is usually a good idea to take it into consideration yes, but you should never follow it to the letter.

Home brew symbol, but you have to use pink and purple as colours.

Index 2 the one I bought was basically typos and missing stuff fixing.

So yes it is shit

I assume you meant to respond to the guy who suggested acolytes? Because I think they are shit garbage.

>playtesters talk about orks, MT, and other non-Dark Imperium armies before 8E's release
>THEY JUST PLAYED THE STARTER SET

I need some criticism on my tau sept, the kai'jun.
It's a world on the north of the Empire, planet is one mega continent and a world ocean with most of the landmass being desert. A big chunk is swamp though.
Think of it kind of like late permian earth.
It has a sizeable human population and it has a standing garrison to protect the mines that excavate the materials needed to make those lovely batttlesuits.
Most reliable crop is ork, their population is kept in special pens and harvested before they can amass the numbers needed to start making trouble.
Colors are bright red shining lenses and metallic green armor, everyone in the planet is united in their love of booze.

Considering how fucking rushed this is, they're actually pretty decent with the amount of typos.

If you haven't read any self-published novels yet, they you haven't seen the true malice of typos yet.

>So yes it is shit

Did I ever say it wasn't? This is exactly what I'm talking about: you're all fucking morons who are just as shit as the shit you're complaining about. You DESERVE this level of shit.

>they you haven't

:^)

Fuck you very much buddy.

give me 24 hours.

Fine up to the ork bit. Why are they being "harvested"? If you can get them into pens, you can exterminate the gits.

>GW gives the fastest, and largest amount of FAQs in the history of the game
>"pffft most playtested edition ever look how many FAQs it needs"
>fails to realize the large amount of FAQs shows actual playtesting and giving a shit, instead of just not releasing any FAQs and telling people to "roll a D3" for glaring game issues

I was talking about typos in particular, let alone rules missing that need almost and entire FAQ to add them to the book

GW is generally super restrictive about information and really strict with things like NDAs. So they probably gave out very limited playtesting materials and forced everyone involved to never say anything about what was involved in the playtest.

And of course every random blogging shit stain is going to massively overstate their involvement and they can do that because everyone is prohibited from disproving them because NDA.

Not to mention that Ork spores will spread to outside the pen, and before you know it you're overrun by feral orks.
There's a good reason even the Eldar at the height of their power could not eradicate or control the Orks.

Look how typo-ridden and grammatically incorrect your own post is.

I plan to make an Apothecary on bike. Any suggestions on how to kit him out?
His job will be to heal and revive comrades, so I think no weapons to keep cost low? Or is there reason to give better weapons?
He will be near a chaplain and a captain with a Thunderhammer.

To both actually.
W3 good choice even rather broken for just 8 points
W1, why bother? Just grab Scion like you did

It is like Shadow war, have multiple wounding weapons. Almost everyone is 1w even special and leaders.

Leave it be. They'll never be satisfied with anything at all and don't even play, as anyone who plays will tell you that 90% of the """fixes""" in the FAQ were just retard-proofing perfectly valid rules.

>Medic on a bike
>Operate on the move

repostan from last ded thread
>people actually discussing daemons
pls r8 and h8
planning on making a changeling chaos swastika in the middle of the table to prevent character shooting till they can get into combat. Room for more screamers or flamers if there is a lot of vehicles/infantry/flyers as needed, otherwise just replacing horrors

Chaos Daemons of Tzeentch - 1500 pts (1232 pts + 268 reserved)
--
HQ
378 -- 2x Daemon Prince of Tzeentch w/ wings, talons, bolter
355 -- Lord of Change w/ sword
100 -- The Changeling
--
Troop
87 -- 3x (7 brimstone + 3 blue horrors)
135 -- 1x (10 pink horrors w/ instrument, icon)
--
Fast Attack
93 -- 3 Screamers
--
Elite
84 -- 3 Flamers
--
Total 1232 pts

thoughts?

This is official pic, right? If Blood Ravens have access to primaris marines, it means this faggot Belisarius KNOWS who the fuck their primarch is. And if he knows, why the hell wouldn't he tell them? Holy Terra, just ask them or dreadnought Thule, since he knows from Kronus. No more mystery. Discuss.

Not paid for writing badly in china image board.

I love the chunks of wood. It's a callback to the 2nd edition Plague Marines.

This is going to be fantastic.

You must be a real joy to have around at parties.

Oh wait, never mind.

guy from my LGS did some playtesting at the big tournament. so I can tell you for sure it happened.
he says they got a sort of bare bones datasheet per unit (they played army lists made by GW), not what was printed in the indexes. So probably the playtesters never saw any typos to complain about.

I think its implied that the chapter master and his very close retinue always knew who their primarch was after Kronus, they just sealed it away and swore never to reveal that its Magnus

For food user. It's not much that can grow in that planet and fish is also an export.
And the spores aren't getting out, filtered domes and everything.
Granted there are still some feral orks here and there, but they're savages with no guns that serve as practice for the fire warriors and local militias.

And thank the stars for it, because if you were paid for writing like that, you would need to be fired along with the guy who hired you.

Make actual balloons. Insert into the frame. Then wrap them in paper mache.

Resulting shape is both canvas textured, rigid, and balloon like. Pop the balloon once it's dry, and paint away.

It's not an official pic, it's a damn photoshop.

Also everyone who gives a fuck already knows who the Blood Ravens' Primarch was.

Right, proof that they actually brought up issues like this, or is it merely from after the fact shitty podcasts and clickbait articles for that ad revenue?

The FF articles? Those tourney wank infested BOLS tier shit prints?
Anyone could write that after a cursory glance at the rules. And half the time the notes were just plain wrong.

>Guys, striking scorpions are better in 8th!
>Update removed an attack, one point of strength and made other rules worse
Tourney fags confirmed for not actually playing the game, only their lists and most of the time, poorly.

>a sort of bare bones datasheet
Yea no, not buying that shit. GW isn't going to create a special, playtester only, handout and then make it from stratch for the real book, it's copy paste.
All errors were there, the play-testers didn't read everything. They were too busy selling nerfed units and buying new OP ones. Saw this first hand, tourney fags selling parts of their armies left and right.

>English is like my 4th language
user can you stop being a shill and defending a bad product. (By product I mean the index themself)

>Faint sound of ADB and Goulding REEEEEEE-ing in the distance

>He's never heard of Ork Painboy drive by repairs

Tiny scalpel with little force -> tiny healing
Ceramit-breaking Narethicum with 200 kmh -> big heal

>index (singular) themself (plural, not even a fucking word)

Someone with grammar as poor as yours really has no place criticizing anyone elses' grammar.

What the fuck kind of excuse is that? It ain't my first language either, mate.

Also, I'm very much not defending it. I'll openly admit the Index books were a damn rush job. They read and feel precisely like the Age of Sigmar Warscroll Compendiums. Difference being, the Warscroll Compendiums were free pdf downloads and the Index books were an outrageous 20 bucks a pop. But for being a rushed hack job, the number of typos was actually pretty harmless.

Wait, is the Marauder actually any good now? I always thought it was cool but discarded it because the rules were a bit shit and I could get Autocannons anywhere. What did they do to it?

>Now imagining a Apothecary slapping a plaster on a captain as he zooms past
>Yells "Walk it off, pussy" as he drives away
Man if I wasn't shit at drawing ...

>playtester under NDA says they mentioned it to GW

Are you retarded? You know there's an NDA. You know the playtester claims they brought it up. If you don't believe them, too bad, because THERE'S LITERALLY NO WAY TO PROVE IT DUE TO THE NDA

You either a) don't know who Reece/FLG is, or b) do know and think he's lying for some dumb reason. Both options prove that you're a retard.

Now I think about it, I remember that trick from primary school. Guess that would work, yeah. Now just to decide what size and shape to make the balloons.

For how much they costed, kind of expected a better thing

>themself (plural, not even a fucking word)
Oh user. In this case, ignorance is bliss. "Themself" is used by tumblrites for a single person of a gender that doesn't conform to male/female, as in "The author themself said...". Yes, that is retarded. As I said, ignorance is bliss sometimes.

>Outrageous 20 bucks each
>For books containing the rules for armies that used to be spread over multiple codexes

(you)

Marauder Destroyer is good because 1) no blasts so it's 30 shots per turn before missiles are REALLY useful, 2) it doesn't consume it's hellstrike missiles when they're fired so it can fire 8 of them each turn.

And it's 430 points fully loaded. AND it gets a bombing run. *AND* it's T7 with 20 wounds and ignores heavy penalties.

>Yea no, not buying that shit. GW isn't going to create a special, playtester only, handout and then make it from stratch for the real book, it's copy paste.

It doesn't matter "what you buy" dipshit, your shitty retard perception doesn't dictate reality. Notice how First Strike datasheets are going to be different from Reiver's multi-part/codex datasheet? Ever notice how Primaris Marines have completely different point costs in Dark Imperium and the Index?

No, you didn't notice, because you don't know JACK SHIT but talk big anyways as if you knew anything, which you don't. I don't mind complaining about GW or making claims that GW is full of shit, but not when you're even more full of shit than they are.

>anyone saying anything about a techmarine's machines
>youtube.com/watch?v=2TvN5lCVkRk

If I use Warp Speed can the target unit shoot heavy weapons normally?

>7E FAQ
>Q: Can I take Commissar Yarrick as an HQ choice for my Militarum Tempestus army?
>A: No, as Commissar Yarrick is not an HQ choice for Codex: Militarum Tempestus

MOST PLAYTESTED EDITION EVER?!?!?!?!

Yes, outrageous, compared to their equivalent in AoS which is free of fucking charge.
Compare a theoretical 100 bucks for all unit rules to fucking zilch and, yeah, outrageous.

>implying you're going to buy every index
>implying I paid a single cent for my index rules

Slow down there cowboy

The compendiums didn't include points values

I think everyone complains about 8th edition just because they want to complain about GW 24/7 no matter what. Either that or they legitimately preferred 7th edition, in which case you already know they're either retarded or terrible at the game.

All the primaris are from Girlyman's gene seed.

Cawl knows how to make them using other gene seed, but Bobby G won't let him.

You'll never hear me say a good word about 7th and this is part of the proof of why it was shit.

Just take him in the Imperium force org

user, the reason of the pricing in AoS is that GW asked exactly as much for those rules as what AoS is worth.

Absolutely nothing.