Why are two of the primarchs never mentioned? I'm not speaking from a lore standpoint per say, but about GW...

Why are two of the primarchs never mentioned? I'm not speaking from a lore standpoint per say, but about GW. Why had they decided to never mention two of the primarchs, some of the most powerful and important humans in the entire Imperium and beyond. Did they have something planned in the future? Was it for an emergency story? Share your thoughts.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Primarch#Two_unknown_Primarchs
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because when the fluff was less fleshed out, it was the easiest way to "your dudes"

I think there's 0 chance they don't show up in the new 40k universe.

lets see:
-Potential new army.
-MO SPESS MARINES MINIS
-Hyped fluff, everyone thinks abot what happened to them.
-New Primarch to bring to the table, either chaos/imperial/renegade.

Sure its assumed that the two primarchs where eliminated but theres really no canon about it, so they might aswell say one went into the webway and the other just fucked off out of the galaxy for a couple years.

No. When the original legions were first listed in the back of the 3rd edition Codex: Space Marines they wanted to make an oblique reference to the Roman practice of disbanding legions which were routed on the battlefield.

There was nothing else to it. The Horus Heresy and the Primarchs were just minor background fluff back then.

Initially it was because of "your dudes", but they'll probably show back up soon as the Emperor's lost daughters

They're not going to show up, but their Primaris successors probably will.

Yea they sort of implied the two got rekt in the books but they could certainly just say "not really tho" and pop up with a new faction of renegade humans with a new astartes armor mark

Didn't the emperor have them killed? Its mentioned that Sanguinius is talking to (I think Horus) about his mutation, when asked why he didn't tell big papa E he said he didn't want to suffer the same fate as the others and gestured to the two empty podiums in the hall of Primarch statues. Google it, I read it somewhere but for the life of me I don't remember where, I just remember that it was Sanguinius on about his mutation to someone and that the two missing Primarchs had statues that were removed.

>I think there's 0 chance they don't show up in the new 40k universe.
dug. GW will suck the setting dry sooner or later, of course. doesnt take sherlock to figure that out.

as soon as they run out of other ideas, squats and the lost primarchs will enter the stage.

Lorgar also reminiscences about how he was fast friends with one of them and how he misses both of them in first heretic

They're literally there so you can insert your own OC DONUT STEEL legion.

They will come eventually when GW needs them

First Heretic also says that the marines under the lost Primarchs were sent to other legions after they were killed or whatever. Lorgar thinks that that's the reason Guilliman has so many guys, because he stole them all from the Lost Primarchs.

Bait, right?

It's probably going to be how they'll introduce femarines. All the other Primarch niches are taken, that's really the only way to make them "unique".

Number 1: Number 2: sometimes GW makes decisions they legitimately forget about later. You have to remember that dozens of people have worked on nearly 30 years worth of lore, and while you may adhere to it at a level that an otherwise disinterested person might consider unhealthy, GW is in the business of making money first, catering to the desires of fans eventually. They are going to forget some of the things you care about, especially if it doesn't really affect the bottom line.

Luckily, that number 2 seems to be changing just a little bit, if only because fans weren't very happy with the state of things, which means less sales.

Aztec femmarine Rainbow Warriors? Don't know if want. Could be interesting.

Blank legion? Void combat focused? About the only unoccupied niches I could think of, and the whole blank thing has the SoS.

Don't you want your heart ripped out by a 8ft Aztec woman as sacrifice to the Feathered Serpent Emperor?

Originally, they had left those 2 spaces empty and unknown for players.

If somebody wanted to make their own legion and play it like it was official, just wind the clock back to before those 2 were wiped from history and boom. Now you've filled in one of those blanks and can play out whatever history happened to the legion, whether that's just some random battle or legitimately playing out the fall of the legion.

Now, they've just backed themselves into a corner with those two spaces because they've already said those primarchs are gone, period, never coming back, and either their legions were killed with them or absorbed into the other legions. The second is mostly what happened, hence why near the end of the 31st millenium the Ultramarines were ~166,000 strong, but after the II and XI legions were destroyed they mysteriously swelled to 250,000 with no recorded explanation behind it.

>Void combat focused?
Imperial Fists were the void combat legion.

Cool lore opportunities indeed, but femarines are impossible, so says the emperor. But regular Aztec marines? Yes please.

Partially to give the background more of an air of mystery. Remember that, before BL started the Horus Heresy series, we knew little-to-nothing about that entire time period, which gave 40k even more of a Dark Ages vibe.

Also to give players more options for Your Dudes. Case in point, one of my friends made up a Tzeentch Chaos Space Marine legion who were led by one of the lost primarchs back in 5th edition. That's the sort of stuff it was meant for.

>Tfw Sisters of Silence were female Space Marines the whole time and the reason they can only be women is because the Blank Primarch's geneseed only works on women.

this, they were a reference to the lost legions at the teutoburg battle

Not unless they get to retconning, since Rogal Dorn refers to them as "absent brothers".
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Primarch#Two_unknown_Primarchs

Better yet, both Marines and Sisters
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars

GW isn't beyond retconning a few lines in a few BL books.

I know, I'm just saying that as things currently stand, they were dudes.

Because they were conceived as your dudes primarchs, but then GW decided to write The Horrid Heresy: BTW MLK Jr. Was Killed by Ayy Lmaos, and so they had an issue of writing a series where the Lost Legions were theoretically around but couldn't fluff them.
So, instead of ignoring them entirely like they should have, they decided to >hint and >imply until now reality will never ever be able to meet expectation if they ever decided to show what they think happened.

They were first listed in Codex Ultramarines as having all records purged in the aftermath of the Heresy.

>They were first listed in Codex Ultramarines as having all records purged in the aftermath of the Heresy.
It also says the probably joined Horus, but leaves open the idea that one or both defected from the Horus' team.

in HH apparently Sanguinius is afraid to bring up the red thirst to the Emperor, because of "what happened before," so I am guessing at least one of the two primarchs were heavily flawed during the great crusade at some point and the Emps sent the Space Wolves to kill them off.

And vise versa could also be why Lorgars legion was so large as well, he got the Marines under the primarchs he was closest to

Primarch* Stupid autocorrect at times

Thats really not true at all.

Id be cool with that. A good way to get a female focused faction a lot of attention since the SoB cant be bothered with. Say they receive massive gene modification to make them near space marine level, in addition to their blankness. They definitely need more fleshing out though.

They were always "Your dudes" that is why two are missing & not one. That way when two dudes play against each other with "their dudes", each can say it was a Lost Legion without them both getting pissed for trying to be the one & only Lost Legion

While the other Primarchs were lost in space as babies, these two were lost....in TIME!

They are literally still in the future, not yet ready to help out since they technically don't exist yet.

SEE That's not a Femarine, thats a SoB.

I'm not sure if i'm excited or frustrated that this is plausible owing to the already recorded history of warp fuckery with time

>yfw Guidomans Librarian Commando's turn up lost primarchs

It was also to have a traitor lost legion, and a Loyalist.

This. Any other answer about your dudes, etc. may seem sensible but are incorrect.

I think in dark imperium guilleman says something about them "failing", implying they failed some test or purpose and disappeared because of it

Didn't they send Russ in to kill the bastards and scattered their legions into the Smurfs?

That's what I always thought, it's hinted that the Ultramarines were three times the size as a regular legion and also that Russ had prior experience to eliminating other primarchs.

Even if the Aztec Marines aren't Blood Jaguars, I'd buy them in a fucking heartbeat. I'm a sucker for Meso-Amercian themed shit.

Well Russ could be full of shit, or it could be some cover story the Emperor made up that Russ is keeping to for reasons

Could he be a primarch?

Or it could just be Dorn being ultra autist and not knowing the difference. I wouldn't put it past him

Female space marines are fucking stupid.

You are fucking stupid for wanting them, and also a retarded SJW. Women are far weaker than men physically. It makes absolutely 0 sense.

Not even remotely /pol/, but letting yet another beloved franchise be infected with cultural marxist retardation can fuck right off.

looks like a SoB though

Sigmar and Archaon are talked about. More than the other primachs

>Tfw Sisters of Silence were female Space Marines the whole time and the reason they can only be women is because the Blank Primarch's geneseed only works on women.

Nah it's because women have no souls

>not even remotely /pol/
>thinks that cultural marxism is a thing

>a school of social theory doesn't exist despite heavy historical citations

this is all you get, I don't want to turn this blatantly off-topic due to your stupidity

this just reeks of a desperate attempt to make women go "hah! see you silly men, we are just as good at X too!"

SoS and SoB are perfect the way they are, unique factions that fill their niche. Stop butchering them to sate your idiotic fantasies.

The only reason I'm against female space marines is because SoBs are supposed to be their equivalent. It's like making a male group of Sobs

Fuck anyone saying girls are weak bullshit. That doesn't matter, what matters is the context of the game & how we have both a Brotherhood & a Sisterhood. Don't fuck with that. I think it's cool. What we really need is more Sororitas support. Hell maybe even make super strong ones. Ordo Beefcake

Friendly reminder that geneseed for the 2nd and 11th Legions still exists in current 40k lore and Cawl has already successfully tested making Primaris Marines with said geneseed.
It's only a matter of time until he breaks them out in defiance of Bobby G's orders.

The only reason you're against female space marines is because you're a SEXIST, CHAUVINISTIC, MALE PIG who is trying to propagate the PATRIARCHY and RAPE CULTURE!

>SoS and SoB are perfect the way they are, unique factions that fill their niche. Stop butchering them to sate your idiotic fantasies.

One thing that I'd be cool with for SOB is for them to get some more D&D-Cleric style stuff now that St Celestine is back and the faith powers are getting more overt. You know, if you need to give them an elite unit.

honestly I'd rather see more silent sisters than sisters of battle

because fuck psykers

Desu senpai

>Traitor genestock

It's worked before.

That's definitely the best reason, but it sure isn't the only one.

'Why have you brought us to this?' said Russ.

'Because it is wrong. This Crusade. This Imperium. The very notion of an empire is the greatest cancer to ever fester in the minds of men. We attack those who do us no wrong, slaughter them for not bowing to the will of a man they've never met, and when they've bled too much to fight us anymore we call them kin. It is wrong. It is perverse.'

'You know nothing of loyalty.'

'Loyalty? What is loyalty in the weighing of right and wrong? I'm sure it seems very palpable to you, absolutely fundamental to you, beyond all else to you Russ. You come from a world of savages, of rape and tooth and claw where loyalty is the chief virtue because it's the only thing that allows you to sleep within reach of another human being. My world was not one of loyalty, but of freedom, of justice and respect for the rights of your fellow man. Right and wrong, not loyalty, not loyalty to monsters over turning against them and working against their evil.'

'I''m asking you as a brother...'.

'I'm not your brother and he's not your father.'

'You will die.'

‘Yes. I know the order you've been issued with. The Obsidian protocol, the most secret of Imperial laws. I had the same talk with him we all did, I read the one tablet on which it is written, hidden away in his sanctuary. And did you notice something? It only applies to men like me. It only applies to betrayals of conscience. "Should any Primarch stand against the Imperium, Imperial Rule, or Imperial law, and in so doing challenge their core philosophical and ethical foundations, they shall be executed by all means at the disposal of the Master of Mankind, and all trace of them shall be stricken from all histories and records, unto the death of the stars, and the speaking of their name shall be the gravest crime,’

‘Do you see the omission? A Primarch could betray the Imperium through ambition and greed and lust for power, and they would remain within the records. A Primarch could ignore the law through hubris, and they would remain within the records. But one who takes a stand and says “The Imperium is wrong”, they must be purged from all memory and documentation. Because this sprawling, blood-soaked blanket you call the ultimate society is sewn from lies and hypocrisy and unfulfilled promises, and it’s so obvious that merely speaking the barefaced truth and standing behind those words could tear it apart in moments. I could kill for power and history would remember me, for pleasure or tyranny or pure folly and my place in Imperial memory would be secure, but I kill for justice and the freedom of men, and I must be burned away along with every book that knows my name.”

'You’re wrong. We are strong now. Under him, man has the power to forge its own destiny.’

‘Under him, man has no power at all.’

‘Draw your sword’

‘Why not. Let’s give you a good tale to never tell.’

Pretty sure that the forgeworld books imply that one legion had flawed gene-seed and it never got off the ground, and the second died during the Rangdan Xenocides.

>implying xeno scum could be a Primarch

Honestly, I'd rather interact with a traitor primarch than pretend some xeno midget freak could be a primarch.

I really hope they don't fucking asspull the lost legions

Considering how the HH fluff has been massacred in the last few years, I just don't want those hacks making it worse

11th Primarch is renegade worships Malah lost way the fuck in the warp etc the 11th complete the task of finally finding their Primarch and freeing Malah have a shit ton of chaos undivided join up because whats more grimdark than worshiping the god of chaos and anarchy himself

I mean its the perfect time to do this

Please tell me that's sarcasm. Not that user but it's sexist to have a men only club, but not sexist if it's women only? If the Sisters of Battle were better supported 90% of people wouldn't be whining about female space marines.

"Not remotely pol" but you parrot all their braindead buzz words. Are you really that stupid to expect someone will believe you? Oh, wait, going by the contents of your vomit, you're even dumber than this.

FYI, you imbecile, men are ALSO fucking weaker than marines and it would take zero effort to have both male and female marines to grow same level of musculature, not that muscles are really that important in power armour, but I don't expect facts to penetrate that ork-like skull of yours...

Are they? It's like saying space marines invalidate Skitarii, because both are uplifted males in armour better than IG gets, so why duplicate. Your argument makes no sense, I am pretty sure Sister players would love to add say a terminator unit or SM tank without feeling they inserted completely alien unit that doesn't fit organically there...

8 foot tall killing machine that spits acid and remembers things from things it ate.

/pol is fine with this.

Same but female.

/pol loses its shit

Seriously, move out of the basement and get a job and get some perspective. Think of it this way, all of the marines with helmets=WOMZ

I really hope they don't, whatever you can imagine is probably more interesting then the actual reason they would give

Not the same guy but I do agree with his point, theres no reason to do female marines, it breaks the lore worse than primaris marines

>Why are two of the primarchs never mentioned?

Because GW wanted to have mysteries and some reference to lost Roman legions.

But that was before HH became a fully fleshed out setting and characters from that era rose to prominence. Before it was just ancient myths and legends, edited for the past 10,000 years by people with their own agendas. All people who took part in it were either lost or couldn't communicate. Daemon primarchs were mostly mentioned, rarely making an appearance or having meaningful discussions about things.

Now that they got models, novels, etc. written about them, and loyalist primarchs like Girlyman are with us, there's really no reason for them to be unknown anymore. There must be at least some recollection about who they were and what they did. And I think GW knows this as well, seeing that Cawl has experimented on their gene-seeds ().

The other Primarchs all pretty much confirm its what Russ did. Remember the Emperor also summoned like half the space wolf legion to Nikea as extra security while the other legions only were allowed to send representitives

>all these redditors on my Veeky Forums

/pol/ isn't misogynist, /r9k/ is.

Learn your strawmen you faggots

>Have setting with trillions of people
>Legit alien living ships
>Mechanical race that has been dormant for millions of years
>Psychic powers
>An amalgam of different consciousness reborn as the savior of mankind which dies but is now pretty much the Jedi Holy Ghost
>Literal chaos gods
>The birth of one of which instantly wiped out an empire spanning millions of planets

All of this you are willing to believe, but genetic manipulation (which is already heavily prevalent in the setting) to make females almost as strong as males or close enough to make no difference in power armor is where you draw the line? Nah nigga you're full /pol/.

Holy shit, it's like all these sjw cretins have decided to gather here today. Hello, women will never ever have the same muscles as men, it's a biological impossibility, you should have learned that in 4th grade.

You're being the warrior here friendo. All sorts of outrageously impossible shit happens in this setting and you have a host of actually legitimate arguments to pick from for having an actual problem with this. But you have to use a real world analogue which holds no value and only proves to show your own defective ideologies? It's just pathetic my man.

Underrated.

I remember when the horus heresy and primarchs were abstract. Those were the days. I miss that.

But money talks.

Was Omegon a HH invention?

Skitarii are a different flavor. & they include women.

& yes the Sororitas should get a heavy armor unit & vehicles. You'd have to be retarded if you think that adding one would be alien or not organic. Hell Primaris were a pretty bold move for adding things to SMs, yet it's happening. Adding better tech & armor to our girls wouldnt even be a stretch.

The SoBs have been pretty silent for a bit, who is to say the Ministorum hasn't given them all new toys during the interm? Set them up with a badass lady wrapped in adamantium with twin plasmas on her shoulders or something. Show love to the Sisterhood of Mankind, instead of trying to take away from the Brotherhood. While yes the SMS get a shit ton of attention, it's because they are he flagship of the game. The complaint is no different for any of the Chaos or Xenos factions that get little support. Why not cry because we don't see enough women Tau, Nectrons, or Bloodletters?

>Reported the the inquisition

2nd legion is mentioned in the new dark imperium book fyi

forgot too add in my post that black library confirmed squats joined tau.

Hi Alan.

Thanks for contacting us. You've pretty much nailed it on the head there with the Demiurg. Although our studio have never officially confirmed this, it has become somewhat of an apocryphal solution to the question of what happened to these little fellas in the 40k background.

>waaah it's a fantasy setting so all my desires should be met you fucking sexist pigs!

good fantasy settings, while fantastical, are still rooted in realism

get the fuck off of Veeky Forums you dumb dyke

Is this the same realism by which there are already women in 40K lore that are as combat effective as the kind of men who get turned into marines?

Named Imperial Saints are disproportionately women, and most of the named ones became saints because they were particularly inspirational and dedicated top-tier combatants.

Than you have Abnett's Inquisitor books, which feature a number of unaugmented women that are able to keep up with high-tier male fighters in hand to hand, taking out multiple male fighters at a time.

Women have been shown in high ranking positions in the blood-pact, which is itself an elite force.

Sisters of Silence may have cut out psychic powers, but they were still in combat against full blown marines on Prospero and they certainly weren't getting pushed around. That's unaugmented women that just happen to have spooky brains. They're trained in fighting, but they're not even recruited by combat potential.

Women making the cut for space marines would be crossing no lines that haven't already been crossed.

>good fantasy settings, while fantastical, are still rooted in realism

*blinks*

Have you *met* 40k? Chainsaw swords. Spaceships shaped like gothic cathedrals. A race of green football hooligans led by big Nobz. The entire setting runs on "Wouldn't it be totally metal if...?"

I don't give a shit about female marines one way or another, but don't start chatting shite about realism.

>*blinks*
Stopped reading there.

>Xeno
I don't know, I think it could at least be a mutant. Many similarities to humanity, with only about three major key differences.

Yes. Sisters players have wanted new shit for well over a decade. Celestine getting a new model and kick ass rules ain't cutting it. Support the bolter bitches more, and the sjw types will stfu. Everybody wins. Plus sisters are cool.

>why is create a character an option.
It's ok op, we were all new once