Magical Kitten

So, long story short, one of my players's caracter barfed up a kitten. It's obviously a magical kitten but I was trying to think of "abilities" I could give it.

So far, it subsists entirely off of beer and can randomly change colors. Any suggestions for more abilities or background?

>subsists entirely off of beer

It can either bend anything or is proficient with explosives, you decide.

I thought the Engineer drank beer and the Demoman drank whiskey.

At various occasions throughout the adventure, the cat will make different animal noises. Sometimes at random, sometimes at seemingly planned or opportune moments, like a lions roar that scares away a pack of wolves, or a horses shinny that calms the parties mounts in a moment of panic.

Demoman drinks anything alcoholic, most of the time it happnes to be beer.

He once subconsciously configured his body so that it could distill alcohol from his bones and organs after having gone too long without a drink.

Sometimes the cat craps magical rings. Only sometimes though. It'll be funny to watch them dig through litter looking for treasure

I'll consider it.

Definitely using this.

Eh, they're pretty low-level right now so I don't want to really give them access to magical items just like that. Maybe if he eats magic or something.

The kitten is really, really cute.

Anyone attempting to harm the kitten needs to save vs. spell or be compelled to give it pets and wrestles instead.

Petting the kitty while thinking of a location causes Earthquakes that correlate in amplitude with the strength of the purring

Hmm, DC 15 Wisdom save?

I'd rather not give them weapons of mass destruction right off the bat. Also, how would you ever be able to reveal that one?

Other cats are drawn to it. Adventurers will wake up to a couple days in their camp, staring at whichever tent the magic kitten is in. Whoever has the kitten wants stay in the streets in town too long or he will accrue a parade of strays following close behind him

Cats in their camp*

>forgot the other pic for that

Eventually it learns how to speak telepathically. It only communicates by saying "feed me!" Or "pet me?"

A dc 17 handle animal teaches the kitten "please" and "thank you"

Tempted to make it some kind of Cat Spirit Prince that ran away from home now.

Hmm, I think I'd rather have it speak normally. But that'd be far off in the future.

Maybe a reincarnated cat diety.. reincarnated through the party wizards stomach? It's not always pretty being a God but someone has to do it

The kitten will try and murder the player and take their body once it reaches adulthood.

The dwarf fighter's stomach after he drank a mysterious potion offered to him by a hermit living in the woods. She named it Puke.

kitten starts needing other forms of sustenance after licking blood of the group's kills.

he starts becoming sickly if he doesn't get fresh blood every once in a while

the kitten starts growing and changing colors becoming more beautiful

the kitten charms your players

the kitten uses the toxins he produces to manipulate your players into loving it

the kitten keeps growing an tricks it's owner in to thinking he will become the best mount.

the kitten leaves for hours at a time then days

one day angry mob follows kitten to camp.

the kitten sheds it's pretense and becomes big bad

Easy, whIle they're petting the kitten in generic village #75, have someone monologuing about things in or near the village. Halfway through earthquake that area. Do that a few times and they'll figure it out. If they dont, make the kitten ping as strong magic for a while after the phenomenon.

I may use the whole thing about him growing super-big.

Still a WMD though.

Hmmm. What if the kitten only causes people in the area to believe there is an earthquake? Like people falling down and stuff but no actual earthquakes happened.

The kitten occasionally brings back corpses

...from the dead

A nekomancer, then?

That's kind of clever actually

>can randomly change colors

can, or does? because the former implies some element of agency on drinkycat's part

>the kitten occasionally brings back corpses from the dead
>they're only the corpses of other animals, and they want you to help them fulfill their last wish

Then watch your campaign turn into pet shop of horrors