Welcome to /tcg/ on Veeky Forums

Welcome to /tcg/ on Veeky Forums

ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently it's mostly yugioh, but more things are welcome.

Boardgames and tabletops are welcome there too.

incase you ever wanted to know what there is here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once?
Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 12 people in it.)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?
>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?

Me:
Anyone trying out that new Final Fantasy TCG? I started last night and it's REALLY fun and easy.

Have you guys ever been on tradingcardgames.com?
It seems like they stopped updates for some reason.

I think most games got better simulators

>What's your main TCGs?
Yugioh, but I play a little Magic and Cardfight Vanguard too.
I have stuff for Duel Master, Kaijudo, Dragon Ball Z TCG Panini, Force of Will, Digimon Fusion, Pokemon, and Naruto TCG.
Duel Masters in the West.
Nothing I can think of.
I've played Pokemon, but never got scholarship money.

I'm finding more people who played Naruto which wasn't a terrible game till the end when they went full retard.

I don't play TCGs anymore. No point when all the best card games are "Living" card games.
Android: Netrunner, Legend of the Five Rings, VS System, Ashes, etc. Why would I was my money away chasing rares away and playing with the worst kind of community possible?

^ this
out of trolling the only "TCG" i play is Dice masters and even then I don't spend a single dime in boosters as I play in a group and together we all put money for update the common pool.

for LCG's (like) I play Mage Wars Arena/Academy and Doomtown Reloaded (speaking of Doomtown, I'm so fucking happy that the game is being resurrected and eager to launch a new pine box to keep updating the game)

Yeah dice Masters is not easy to find people for a lot of times cause when you tell them it has 2 elements in it, they are like "why would I do that?"
I think a lot of it comes from it having too much to do or something. Either way, I play that when I can. I really wanna get a Nightwing for my party.

>they are like "why would I do that?"
because 1- the dice are all sexy looking and 2- because is dirt cheap. like incredibly cheap in comparison to already well established games.
also comics and fucking DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS (the main reason why I decided to try the game in the first place)

>What's your main TCGs
MTG. Pic related was my first deck, and I'm still playing Master of Ethereum to this day.
Pokemon, YGO, MTG, Duel Masters/Kaijudo, Force of Will, Vanguard, FFTCG
Force of Will. Easily the most fun TCG I've ever played, from a mechanical perspective. Too bad the game is dead around me and has terrible balance issues.
I wish I had the resources to make the game I've been designing in my head a real thing, if that counts.
Nope. Won money in MTG Opens a few times though.

When I saw that they had DC comics I was in.
My main team is a Gotham City Team.

>Gotham City
Let me guess. do you run Rare Bruce Wayne, SR Batgirl or emm... Alfred? I don't know nothing really pissing from the Bat Family. i mean nothing like fucking Raven in a full mask team.

Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Gordan, The Joker, Harley, Static and Grodd.

I would change some of them up but I've not had the money to do so in a while. I may just buy them off amazon or tcgplayer. I've not really had the chance to work with this team, so no go really at any events. It's been a while.

>Grodd
>Gotham City
come again?

not really toxic. people here plays DM by cheesing the game as much possible.
one team had SR Ultraman, common Kriptonite and for actions The Front line (unblocked characters has +3 atack added to them) and CloudKill. on turn 3~5 is ultraman with some 2 cost chars for +20 dmg in one single swoop.

I know Grodd and Static aren't Gotham but I don't have Nightwing and possibly another hero, I don't know who I want to step in yet.

well good timing, the latest set is all based around Batman and family.
a very good card to have around is Jervis Tetch (2 cost shield, very low statline but a skill that says "When Jervis Tetch attacks, gain control of target opposing Sidekick. That Sidekick must attack this turn (if able).")

what I would love to see is an Alice's Adventure in Wonderland set, and through the looking glass. I would love to see that.

it depends entirely of Wizkids and NECA deals with other houses for new IPs. the TMNT boxes were a deal with Nickelodeon as a way to promote the recent cartoon of the turtles. (and personally i was slightly dissapointed as I wanted to see the turtles from IDW comics, like following the whole comic book heroes trend from Marvel and DC)

you really think they'd do that? Disney is hard enough to negotiate 1/2 the time with.

I'm waiting for an MLP mix in with it. I think it could work VS the MLP TCG

>I'm waiting for an MLP mix in with it. I think it could work VS the MLP TCG
now you're poking the bee hive. let's not do this.

lol, hey more players i mean ya know

>>What's your main TCGs
MtG but I REALLY want to find FFtcg players...I have a bunch of stuff for it...
>>How many have you played?
Maybe about 3?
>>What do you wish had a game?
Dragon Quest Monsters or maybe a Dynasty Warriors tcg

>>What's your main TCGs
Oof, too many to consider. I guess mtg because i still draft it consistently, but I think i own more Spoils cards in general, and have been playing a lot of netrunner, doomtown, and some other dead stuff.

>>How many have you played?
fucking all of them. see picture.

>>What do you wish came back?
Hecatomb. I'd even settle for a reasonable way to proxy the 4th set that never got released.

>>What do you wish had a game?
I really love scrappy, sketchy, messy indie comics like tank girl, pirates of coney island, etc. I'd love something that sort of encompassed that theme without having a horrible resource system or falling into too many "standard" ccg tropes like power and toughness, tapping to attack, etc.
I'm working on something, but i'm unhappy with it so far, so it's back to the drawing board.

>>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?
I've never won anything but product from playing any game. This is a weird question. OP, did you win a grant playing?

They best thing you can do right now is start it up on your own. Get some friends who are will to try it out.

Weren't you in my thread like 2 weeks ago?

Selfish bump