What vidya does Veeky Forums play when your group is not available?

What vidya does Veeky Forums play when your group is not available?

Digital board games are fun. Without getting into the huge amount of shit on Tabletop Simulator, my group tends to play Sentinels of the Multiverse together if we want something more mechanically engaging, or Mysterium if we're into something more conversational and deductive.

There are also some pretty great digital only board games, like Armello or Gremlin's Inc which are very much worth a look.

OXENFREE. You can play that forever.

I also enjoy zoning out with Diablo II.

Finally picked up dark souls 3, it's kicking my ass but I'm in love

Other games?

Jokes aside, usually Final Fantasy, stuff like that. I've really gotten into Fate/Grand Order.

Total War
Civ 5
Baldurs Gate
Older Doomlike games
Overwatch

I moved on to Civ 6. 5 was fun but I played it for like 6 years, I needed a change of scenery.

Various casual mobile games. You know, the same stuff as when I'm with the group.

I don't have any money for civ 6, otherwise I'd be playing it

Dead by Daylight when we have 4 or 5 people. The rando community is downright toxic though. Otherwise a mix of Insurgency, Rising Storm 2, and DoW2, along with the occasional bout of DEFCON, Vermintide, or Shogun 2/Warhams: TW.

I don't play game solo anymore unless it's Zelda.

Games I keep returning to are:
>Dominions 4.
>Mountainblade.
>Victoria II (Sometimes other Paradox games, mainly CKII).
>Total War (Most recently I've been playing Napoleon).
>Farnham Fables.

Currently replaying VtM:B, and after that I'm going to check out that new Mad Max game. After that I'm probably going to pick Underrail back up.

>that pic
And now I have to go fap again.

Stardew Valley.
haven't had a comfy campaign in a long while

I've been playing the fuck out of FF14. Played 11 for about a month too when I bought it on sale.

Other than that, I've been playing other assorted RPGs on and off. FF9, Etrian Odyssey, SMT4. Also started playing Bayonetta since the PC port came out.

When I can't play in the oWoD with my friends, I play Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

I don't have any friends...

Xcom long war is pretty dope.
I've got a bunch of short rogue likes (BoI, Nuclear Throne) for dungeon crawling.

>I don't have any friends...
No wonder you like oWoD.

Dungeon fighter online. TF2.

Bloodlines

Darkest Dungeon
SMITE
My Night Job
Borderlands 2
Don't Starve

I mostly play single-player RPGs because I'm a ForeverDM. :(

Arma 3 for the most part
I'm in a group that plays twice a week with operations that have about 40-60 people involved, it's a lot of fun. And making missions is similar to running a tabletop game only you've got 50 cats to herd instead of 4.

can we get an arsenal pls?

Lichdom Battlemage
Dominions
Crossout

I recently bought Fallout New Vegas and am enjoying it alot. Going to try Fallout 3 once I finish NV

Sorry about your garbage computer.

New Vegas is 10x better than Fallout: 3

Haha yeah

It's a 2004 toaster. It can barely run the game with a Radeon HD 5570, I'm enjoyimg it though

Recently?

Fallout Series
Metro Series
Oxenfree
World of Warcraft
Cities Skylines

I'm enslaved to XCOM 2.

Europa Barbarorum II mod for Medieval II: Total War.

The LoftR mod is quite nice too.

Playing FFXII Zodiac Age right now. Want to make a campaign in Ivalice. Probably have the group start as hunters in a clan. They can just go hunt to hunt, or maybe get involved in the political turmoil of the setting if they wish to.

Dawn of war (Dark crusade or Soulstorm)
Chapter master (i love the game but i hate the fact that will never be complete)
Dwarf fortress
Payday 2

>oxenFREE
>Isn't free

Also, nice picture.

HOI IV atm waiting for pat of exile 3.0

No fuck off I set up loadouts the way I did for a reason

I've spent the last few months asking people how they like that silver.

I do Vermintide with my group when we can't do Veeky Forums things. When I'm on my own; Starbound, Dank Souls III, Divinity II, and I just got Stick of Truth off of the Steam summer sale. It's okay.

Dota 2
I've actually stolen some dota items to use in my campaigns as artifacts, they're fun.

>Iron Man
>only accept best rating / all optional objectives
>protag needs drugs to even hold a gun
>this mission
Just fuck my shit up.
Two dozen attempts and counting.

i haven't played much vidya lately. but some that others play

1.) CS:GO and Stalker

2.) Forza

3.) Fallout 4

4.) various pokemon games and rocket league

>OXENfree
>Doesn't involve freeing oxen

I don't really play vidya these days, except Super Mario 64 and Minecraft.

STALKER (replaying since I'm no longer a lore-oblivious child and my computer can actually play the cutscenes now)
Hotline Miami 1 and 2
Risk of Rain
LISA
Was playing Splinter Cell for a while, not sure why I stopped
Total War games, up through Empire. It just wasn't the same when Jeff Van Dyck wasn't doing the soundtrack. They couldn't even be assed to sprinkle in homages to real 18th century music. And no, I don't care for Warhams fantasy, and I heard rome 2 was hot garbage.
Undertale

>"best girl"
>Not her more fun-loving sister
It's like you want her to keep trying to kill you.
This.
>Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
>Tales of Maj'Eyal
>Disgaea 5
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Diablo II(Median XL Ultimative Mod)

At the moment?
X-com 2. Getting hype for that expansion on the horizon, too.
Also, Darkest Dungeon.

DickSouls

But...Gwendalin isn't....

4x games like Civ, Stellaris, or some of the endless games. Strategy games such as Xcom

Shooters occasionally. Sometimes some variation of cooperative something like helldivers or alien swarm.

Dark Souls series
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Fallout series not 4
Elder Scrolls series
Heavily modded Minecraft
Overwatch with my girlfriend
I don't even have a group anymore. Haven't in a year now. It hurts.

Actually "her" concept art shows "she" has breasts. So it's a newhalf.

War of the Chosen looks rad as fuck, right? It's not just me that's stoked for it?

That's some wicked trickery, I'm sure if Gwyndolin really tried, you would be seeing tits so big you can't wrap your hands around them and you'd think they are real.

I've been trying to get into this game because the concept of it is pretty cool, but I can never seem to manage it.

>this game because the concept of it is pretty cool
You mean elaborate incest?

Kingdom management from a personal perspective.

The key is to accept that failure is part of the game. In a lot of games you strive for perfection but that's just not possible here. If it were the game would be over in two hours because your every war succeeded and your marriage+assassination plots brought the Byzantine and Arabian empires under your control giving you half the world to rule.

Instead, sometimes you gotta die from plague and get bullied by the bigger kingdom next door.

It's not that I'm afraid of failure. It's more that I don't really know what to do outside of waiting for the next fabricated claim to appear.

Dick someone else's wife, that'll cause some drama. Also if you geniunely have nothing to do, crank up that game speed.

A big part of it is your own personal goals, which for me generally only show up as I'm playing. Usually revenge. Because someone will always screw you over, so then you get to get even. Or overkill. Like exterminate their entire family tree, have your heir convert to Greek culture merely so he can castrate and blind them overkill.

Something else I found worked pretty well while inexperienced was just playing vikings. You always got raiding to do, and realms are naturally more volatile meaning you get more stuff happening, also more CBs so you can blob up and grab some land if you want. And it's isolated enough you probably won't get steamrolled, just maybe subjugated by another viking.

NetHack, sometimes Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (with graphical tiles).

Going from RPGs to video games just annoys me in what I cannot/can do.

I think it's just not the game for me. I find the concept to be really cool, but ultimately it's just too boring for me.

Dark Souls 3, CK2, Shadowverse, and Honey Select

Helldivers, currently. I like the VFX and it doesn't requite loads of time.

post favorite model

i only started playing rpg to overcome my dota addiction and to make friends :3

I've been without the game for ages until now since I got separated from my desktop, so I only got half a dozen OC grils. I need to see all that's changed in these months

What does this have to do with traditional games?

Been playing the Shadowrun games, just beat Returns. I've beaten Dragonfall and Hong Kong, but I'm doing them again. Also been playing:

> Total War
> Overwatch
> Darkest Dungeon
> ARMS

I do my turns in Dominions 4, set up overly elaborate diplomatic schemes that generally go fucking nowhere, and spend hours micromanaging my tiny pixel wizards.

Then I throw myself head first into Akashicverse and keep breaking against the wall that is stage 4. I can take the boss no problem, but getting to the boss is two or three continues.

>DOOM 2016
>Shadow Warrior Classic
>Wolfenstein:TNO
>Half-Life 1&2
>Quake
>Strafe

I've been on a FPS binge lately, not sure why. Besides, is not playing with a group just D&D? Cause weekly 40k with friends I'd count for the other 6 days of the week we don't get together and play.

GM is away all summer so I play League of Legends and watch anime
Despite that I'm still the least normie one in my group.
It hurts to live.

>Total War (Warhammer & Atilla ATM)
>The Witcher 3 (1 sidequest better designed than entirety of Skyrim)
>Contra 3 (shooting aliens is fun)
>StarCraft 2 (I hate myself)

Long War is fraggin awesome. Nuffin like cyberdisks with four points DR when closed.

Tekken 7, Rising Storm 2, Players Unknown Battleground

Virtual Board games
IE
EU4
CK2
HOI4
Total War (medieval 2 is daddy)
Xcom

shiv & pony (swadians for life)
fallout 4 mod it til it breaks edition
eso
wwII soviet bias edition aka war thunder

vidya is a lot easier to access when you are a friendless shambles of a human being.

Far above anything else going by time played over the years:
>DWARF FORTRESS

The rest is more or less 4X, grand strategy and casual stuff
>Europa Universalis IV
>Stellaris
>Stardew Valley
>Darkest Dungeon
>Civ IV
>HoMM 3
>Oxygen not Included (early access)

CK2, Stellaris, Darkest Memegeon, Shogun 2 Total War, Rome Total War.

im really enjoying this every board but /v/ has good taste in vidya meme

Which server ?

Megamek AtB.
Mechwarrior anything.
Heavily modded minecraft.
Doom-series games
Deus Ex series games
Orcs must Die
X-Com
Front Mission games
Brutal Legend
Oblivion (Skipped skyrim as playing Oblivion off-and-on took too long, and I figure by the time I start on Skyrim, they'll announce the next title)
HBS Shadowrun
Weeb F2P phone games.
...would probably play Shogun 2, but it's never been able to boot up after buying an Alienware laptop with Win8, later upgraded to 10.

>What vidya does Veeky Forums play when your group is not available?

>Cities: Skylines
t. The Eternal Dm.

>plays LoL and watches anime
>is the least normie
Wow, really gets your nogging joggin

Tempest and it's big brother Typhoon. Amorphous+, and Lesbian Spider Queens of Mars too. Sometimes Majhong (not that stupid matching game, but actual four player majhong).

I don't like vidya that pretends to be RPGs because they aren't RPGs.

Curious, I have bought Win 10 and Shogun 2 works like a charm on it

Currently what I play the most are
>Grim Dawn
>Dragons Dogma
>Morrowind (never really got into it until now)

Wanna finish STALKER CoP soon (I should be near the end) and move to Call of Chernobyl after that.
I've also wanted to get back into Dorf Fort or learn Aurora 4x for some time now. But am currently to lazy to do so.

Maybe it's steam, maybe it's an incompatibility with one of the drivers or hardware, but ever since buying this stock Alienware 17R2, Shogun2 took a giant shit and doesn't even try to load. Trying to run the benchmarks for it results in it taking a shit.

Plus, no support from Sega since it was a game from the late naughts

Just finished Gravity Rush 1 & 2, started on Skyrim for the first time and have too many RPGs clogging up my computer to count.

just got into Crusader Kings 2
pretty great game if you like court intrigues and marrying your sister

For all the memes, the worst incest I have had so far was marriage between cousins. I haven't played for more than 200 hours yet... I think.

that's weaksauce, start a zoroastrian or messalian dynasty and always marry your sibling for that sweet sweet divine blood bonus

Where is this pic from. I need this in my life...

It's a puazi. Incase did a great comic about them.

Xenobiology is the name of the comic, and that pic is cropped from page 3.

Incase - Xenobiology.

Play tf2 and dota 2, occasionally I'll play single player games, but my family is often hectic, so I often have to drop shit at the drop of a hat.

Other than that I just watch vinny streams, pic related.

I see. Thank you, now if you'll excuse me...

It depends, my latest rotation of games has been; Warframe, FFXIV, Overwatch, HotS, LoL, Diablo 3, TiTS

My current rotation of games (which I will play on my own) includes:
Darkest Dungeon
Overwatch
Dark Souls: Prepare to glitch Edition
Kingdom: New Lands
Stardew Valley
TIS-100

What I play almost exclusively co-op includes:
Heroes of the Storm
Necropolis
Stellaris
Golf With Your Friends