Game Finder Thread

>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1BS4kO9aSFdBc6DIxkG5mbgE3WrCByBIgcvTc1GRvhuI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1KDqxZ5jj6kBc9MFZcRhyDK0qKJWalLsQCEBcs4n11eI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1o4cZGcEJTqzTb_zKAqnGXwJdDKrOARyi9Mg7o_BTsrI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/15ReiZvip_qVpjF33jipVGL6QcxDFA4WHFgUjH_cZkoA/edit?usp=sharing
discord.gg/qWguSv
discord.gg/GE33P
discord.gg/vPgWCa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>GM or player
GM
>System
Fate
>Time
Every other Friday or Sunday, 6:00 PST.
>Text or voice
Voice
>Contact Information
HelicoShift#5511
>Additional Information

I ran a few sessions of Fate years ago, and this will be my first attempt at running a campaign in earnest so there might be a few hiccups along the way. I started DMing with 3.5e, and and I've also run CoC, Savage Worlds, Into the Odd, Stars Without Number, and Dungeon World. My games tend to be a mix of light-hearted bits peppered with some serious parts.

Fate Core wants game creation to be a group process, so I don't necessarily want to fix the game to a specific genre/setting yet. Going into a game with strangers and making a new setting from scratch might not appeal to everyone, so I have some ideas listed below. New players are more than welcome! All I ask is that you be enthusiastic or curious about Fates approach to gaming (collaborative storytelling that embraces the metagame a bit, player agency, etc)

Here are two ideas I've been tossing around. Contact me via discord if you're interested. Hell, contact me even if these ideas don't appeal to you. I want to run a game that everyone at the table is excited about. These are just suggestions, we're ultimately going to make the setting together.

>A low fantasy subterranean world similar to the underdark in that it's a massive network of caves, some of which are large enough to contain small tribes and settlements. Gameplay would be about exploring and surviving in this world, interacting with the ecology, establishing relationships with other tribes, and perhaps finding out why the surface is inhospitable.

>Gonzo sci-fi adventures inspired by The Fifth Element and Futurama. I would most likely be using parts of Bulldogs! combined with all the wonderful sandbox tools in Stars Without Number. Gameplay would be pretty open ended. It could be very local, or you could have a ship and hop from world to world.

Bump.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
5E
>Time availability
Late in the day PST
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
VitaminC#0297
>Additional Information
I'm a slut for making characters so I'll fill in literally any role

>A low fantasy subterranean world
>Fate
Would totally play but
>PST

>TFW no GMs in Eurocukzone only immigrants.
TFW you live in a place where even starved immigrants don't want to emigrate to.

The time is pretty flexible, I'm free most weekends, and a bit of a night owl. You can still send me a friend request and keep in touch.

Are there any games where i could play as a mercenary who lives an ascetic lifestyle and looks down upon the internecine conflicts of those who employ him.

Shadowrun, Rogue Trader (either as a human or a Dark Eldar who takes the Incubi Initiate career path), Apocalypse World, Exalted.

You forgot Eclipse Phase and Delta Green.

If only i could find a game ._.

>Rogue Trader

Good suggestion but really any of the 40k RPGs except Deathwatch would suffice. Only War TECHNICALLY allows for it to represent private armies of Imperial lords or nobility.

Question guys. I have zero experience, have watched and listened to people playing dnd and would like to give it a try.

How much of the guides should I have read before trying to participate in a one-shot?

If you mean 5e then at the very least understand your class abilities and the actions you can take during a turn. More is better, of course, but those are the requirements.

Alright, I will read the player's handbook chapter on monks then, thanks!

Don't play 4 elements monk, they're shit
Other monk archetypes are fine

Any Exalted games recruiting? I'm in some dire need.

You and me both.

There was one last thread and one guy asked in the Exalted General, but nothing beyond that.

Was it the interview guy? Yeah, every time I've seen an interview needed for a game, it's usually a friend of a friend who gets in.

Just like in real life.

The last time I was in an Exalted game that didn't die a premature death was back after Shards was released.

I know the pain otherwise. I often wish they'd send an email back saying if they didn't want you so you can stop just waiting on the fence.

>GM or Player
2 players. Each have a character made.black templar tactical marine and storm warden assault marine
>System(s)
Deathwatch
>Time availability
6-12 pm US central time
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
Nicole.graf#1097
>Additional Information
The less questions asked about my characters backstory the better

>The less questions asked about my characters backstory the better

If there was ever a way to make sure you never get recruited into a game, this is it.

>2 players
told you before, it's time for one of you to GM
>The less questions asked about my characters backstory the better
even moreso

>GM or Player
player
>System(s)
WFRP 2e
>Time availability
any day, 5-10pm GMT+12 (10pm-3am PST I guess)
>Text or Voice
text, but can dig a mic out if needed
>Contact Information
milkbot#3082 or reply to this
>Additional Information
I'm pretty new to TTRPGs, so be gentle :3

>GM or Player
Player looking for game
>System(s)
Pathfinder or D&D 5e
>Time availability
Weekends, anytime reasonable except Friday 9pm GMT+8
>Text or Voice
Can voice via discord
>Contact Information
Discord: Chagrin#6027
>Additional Information
GMT+8 timezone

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Burning Wheel

>Time availability
Not yet determined. I'm in GMT+1 and very available for the time being. The only time that wouldn't work for me would be thursday evening.

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact Information
Hortensio#6291

>Additional Information
I'm planning on running a low-magic, walky-talky sort of Burning Wheel campaign. I have experience GM-ing but don't have any experience with Burning Wheel as of yet, so it would be nice if someone with more experience with the system would be there.

Sent a friend request, I'm in the same timezone, and have enjoyed playing Burning Wheel before.

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Custom Pokemon System: Pokemon: Hopefully Simpler Edition

>Time availability
Thursday 20th, 6:30 PM ET

>Text or Voice
Either works

>Contact Information
Discord: Happy Accident#5771

>Additional Information
Running a test session for a custom system I'm working on. If it goes pretty well we can do more as I'm adding content. I'm posting the general rules for it, but there's still missing content. This session is mainly to test core mechanics and battling. I can provide the Pokedex if interested.

Currently have 2 people interested in this, would help to have at least one or two more.

>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
Willing to try anything. Proficient with DnD 5e, know DH, OW, WoD.

>Time availability
GMT +0, 90% availability every day between 3 PM to 3 AM'ish. (Depends on how tired I am)

>Text or Voice
Text only. No compromises.

>Contact Information
Miro / Panda#9181 on Discord.

>Additional Information
As stated above, willing to try any system. Able to handle any kind of mature-stuff (That includes ERP of most kinks, PM for details?), and am mostly interested in RP-Heavy games.

I guess? I have some questions about how some things are handled, like... how you earn money to pay that fee, or what Generation of Pokemon this is I guess? But I'll be leaving the house in 5 minutes. I'll hit you up on Discord when I get home, but chalk me up as tentatively interested.

Does anyone ever actually contact "players" in these threads?

Good questions. You might not see this then but I'll answer anyways. Making money will work somewhat like the games, in which Trainers earn money from the losers. They can agree to bet money on their matches or battle for no money at all, whatever they choose. Official events will also offer cash rewards for winning Trainers, and won't be limited to just Battles. Performance winners can win money and those with other Professions can be paid based on their services. It won't really be a set thing, but I'll be planning to add some supplementary material for each generation.

This will be the first Gen at first. The Moves and Abilities will be coming from current Gens but the Pokemon will be first Gen as is the region of Kanto. I plan to release a 'supplementary book' for each region, kinda like FFG's star wars books, that will add Professions, more ways to make money and compete, and more Pokemon.

I mean it's not like every player would get contacted. There are tons of people wanting to play but not really enough GMs to get them into games. I would imagine that GM's hesitate to contact players in these threads also because that they don't really know what kind of player you are. There isn't some kind of application process in these threads and the additional info isn't really enough info for a GM to decide if it's worth having you.

I've been contacted 2 out of 3 times I've looked. Besides, the threads tend to struggle staying up (crucial to them being effective), so it's beneficial to everyone.

I just did, yes.

>Forgetting Merc 2000

Ops & Tactics

I wanna play Ops&Tac but no one ever GMs. I need to operate!

There's better systems for those kinds of things is the problem.

By saying not to ask questions it just makes us that much more curious. That is basic fucking psychology. It is like having that massive red button that says DO NOT PUSH!. No one ever pushes the random little black button.

Yeah except the massive red button is also a massive red flag.

This?

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Pathfinder
>Time availability
Flexible, but live in EST zone
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
Discord: Severus Quintus#4449
>Additional Information
Will be running Strange Aeons AP.

>GM or Player
GM

>System
Shadowrun 5e with a semi-'west marshes' approach and with some houserules in the attached documents

>Time availability
Being available on either Wednesday, or Thursday nights around 9pm est is a must aside from that scheduling is open for sessions.

>Text or Voice
Voice with in between game RP happening over text

>Contact Information
My discord is Kali#8088

>Additional Information
Alright, time for the fun stuff. This isn't the most traditional game of Shadowrun. First of all it's set in Africa, the Somalian republic to be precise. Hacking and technos aren't really an option for characters. Second instead of a team of runners you're playing as a bunch of mercs, your missions take 1 session normally and require a mix of combat, investigation, combat, facing, combat, negotiation and combat. Not a huge difference but it could turn some people off. Lastly it's not a normal SR game in the sense that people drop in and out of the bi-weekly games. You don't need to play every week. Attached are some documents regarding the game, you don't need to read through all of them before you get into the game but ideally they'd get some attention before the first session or while you're making your character.

What is a west marshes game?:
docs.google.com/document/d/1BS4kO9aSFdBc6DIxkG5mbgE3WrCByBIgcvTc1GRvhuI/edit?usp=sharing

Setting Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1KDqxZ5jj6kBc9MFZcRhyDK0qKJWalLsQCEBcs4n11eI/edit?usp=sharing

Team doc (NPCs and Player list):
docs.google.com/document/d/1o4cZGcEJTqzTb_zKAqnGXwJdDKrOARyi9Mg7o_BTsrI/edit?usp=sharing

Rules doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/15ReiZvip_qVpjF33jipVGL6QcxDFA4WHFgUjH_cZkoA/edit?usp=sharing

I am accepting newer players but please for the love of all things holy at least read the core book and have a grasp on what you're doing before their first session. If you have questions we've got some great autists to ask, they don't bite unless you insult their waifus.

Tried to hit you up. Sent a friend request. You don't accept PMs from non-friends.

>First of all it's set in Africa, the Somalian republic to be precise
>not setting your African SR in Lagos
Time doesn't work for me, but still.

Yes.

Somalia doesn't exactly have the same feeling as Nigeria. Besides, I don't really wanna be constrained by all the stuff that's already written about Lagos and have to build my game around another guys Africa. Also where else would you imagine having a leader who's been banned from heading to the UN on account of his cyberware not meeting safety standards for the committees.

I wouldn't expect the United Nations to matter at all in the sixth world (I think they get a mention back in 3e or something), but undoubtedly there's more than a few CEOs and national leaders with extensive chrome.

>GM or Player
GM

>System
Exalted 3e

>Time Availability
Mondays 7PM PST

>Text of Voice
Text

>Contact Information
Discord, TenDots#2201

>Additional Information
I'll be honest, I might have to drop this game once I find a job, but I'll try not to.

I'm fairly new to GMing, and TTRPGs in general(I've never been a player, blame my social group). I have, technically, run Exalted before, but this will still be a learning experience.

>GM or Player
GM, 1-2 slots available

>System(s)

Deathwatch

>Time availability
Every Saturday 2 pm GMT

>Text or Voice
Roll20, discord voice

>Contact Information

walter dot gorkamorka @ skype

>Additional Information

Mid-high level Deathwatch game, you'll be starting at rank 6-7.

Looking for plays with very good knowledge of the settings and the lore as the campaign is intended to be as much political as combat where players' relations with different imperial factions, NPCs and Erioch commanders can influence the outcome of the campaign and their future missions.

Party currently consists of a black shield tactical marine, Angels Sanguine Assault Marine (some might remember stories about Eldar-devouring brother Arkio) and a Death Eagles Techmarine.

Looking for people suitably nimble to navigate inter-chapter politics or RP well lack of care about contemptible mortal affairs.

The party is currently on a suicide mission demolishing an Iron Warriors fortress and has suffered a number of casualties which will need to be replenished upon their return to Erioch, should it ever occur of course.

Bump.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Hunting for the ever elusive Barbarians of Lemuria game!
>Time availability
Pretty open, prefer weeknights EST
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact Information
WarWeasel#4544 on Discord
War Weasel on Roll20
>Additional Information
I would really like to check out Barbarians of Lemuria, bonus points if in Hyboria.

What's your discord info, and are you free on Tuesday's?

Sent a friend request, as your discord doesn't accept messages without being friends.

Also sent you a friend request.

A more direct method would be to set up a discord room/server and put the invite here.

Depends on the time on Tuesdays. Im busy in the evenings and frankly... tuesday is not a great day. Thurdsay or Friday. Now those would be great. Either way i want to know what youve got in mind.

AceGuardsman#6649

Different person, but setting up Discord for my own (X-rated) Exalted game ad later and it looks like you actually can't set it up so that random people can message you unfortunately. It's either
1) Friend request
2) Already share a server with them
probably has the best idea.

>but setting up Discord for my own (X-rated) Exalted game ad later and
Whao-ho, link that shit nigga.

Just gotta figure out how to filter players so they're into the same stuff as me.

Say people who come in will be going through an interview with you.

You could just say what you're into and the people appaled by it aren't gonna join.

>Kali#8088
hey i know you

I know me too!

>Mercs in Africa when South Africa doesn't exist
Why even bother?

Someday you'll be able to reclaim Rhodesia for the Rhodesians and help the displaced Afrikaners find a home in South Africa.

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Exalted 3e. Maybe Exxxalted or Sexalted if you enjoy puns as much as me.

>Time availability
I'm in Mountain time (MDT, GMT -6). I work a 9 to 5 on the weekdays. Aside from Friday and Saturday evenings I can dedicate any other evening to the game.

Ideally we have one game night a week for plot progression and then handle side stories throughout the week when people are free.

>Text or Voice
Text in Discord.

>Contact Information
discord.gg/qWguSv

>Additional Information
So the obvious one is that this game is pretty deep in my magical realm, which I'll outline the discord server linked above to help players self-filter. I'm hoping for an equal amount of attention to advancing the plot and fucking around.

The second is that I'm looking for anywhere from 1 to 5 players. I'm hoping for a good mix of folks but I'm more happy to run for a single compatible player than 5 people I feel tepid about. I'd like to have a brief chat with everyone interested and make sure we're on the same page regarding Exalted and the content of the game.

As for the story itself I have a few ideas in my pocket and I'm open to making up something else with all the players. The one that I've been kicking around the most recently is about a royal house that used to own a kingdom on the Threshold until the Realm turned it into a satrapy, installing a satrap over the royals. The players would all be family members and maybe retainers, but hopefully family members. I think it would be nice because we could all design the nation together, get bought in, figure out what the family wants to do about the Realm (with the assumption that quiet submission isn't something Solars are going to stand for).

Let me know if the discord link isn't working! I'd be happy to answer any SFW questions here and anything else on the server itself or through Discord DMs.

I found my current group in a game finder thread. Been with them for like, seven or eight years now.

It's not mercs unless you're wearing short shorts.

I guess? Combat shorts are important.

I'm intrigued. I love Shadowrun and the time is doable. I've never played in a game with players cycling in and out though. Is it not disorienting and confusing? Is it difficult to form bonds between players and their characters if there isn't any consistent PC grouping?

That girl is missing the her Right Arm.

So far it's been pretty nice. There's alot of 2 player sessions on and off meaning its easy to make connections to characters. Also most of the people I've grabbed are guys who've been vetted pretty well so the players are pretty great too!

Is it feasible to play Necromunda on roll20?

Would newbies to Exalted be welcome? I only know what I've gleaned from memes, and most of those involves Lunars on the receiving end of ERP.

Yup. I'm fairly new myself (I've played in one Ex3 game and ran the quickstart for my friends in real life.)

Being honest and up front always help.

Recruitment is closed for now. I'll be sure to post again if room opens up. Thanks!

How come exalted gets so many applications so quick? Is it because RP gone sexual is a draw? Should I open my game to ERP?

I think the more interesting question is, are there any non-ERP Exalted games or is that basically a given of the system?

I'd like to think it's because we're doing collaborative character- and world-building ensuring everyone is bought in and invested in the game before we kick off.

But it's probably the sex.

I mean the post was up for 3 hours and you filled your game. It's not the "dynamic world building" or the "character building" because that wasn't mentioned in the post.

That sounds pretty cool. Now I regret not checking things out.

As someone who's been through the drill many times? It's pretty much the sex.

As someone who's also been through the drill many times? Many of them don't last long.

If you're looking for a normal Exalted 3e game, there's also

How many players do you have?

Disclaimer, I ain't the GM, but three so far.

Right now we determined where we want to start off, and unless the other players disagree it's the Scavenger Lands.

Give me a minute and I'll see about getting a discord room invite. Hopefully GM didn't go to bed.

I'm not looking for an Exalted game, I wanted players for my game. Thanks for the offer though!

Doh, meant to tag , oh well.

ERP seems much loved.

I admit, I and a very "anti-E" but they games still interest me for the heavier "RP" focus enough I'd be willing to try one if it was a rare setting or game I like and wouldn't be all slap & tickle.

Room is discord.gg/GE33P
and I just woke up

Invalid or expired.

If you do, ping this post and I'll join straight away!

discord.gg/vPgWCa
This one work?

Yes.

>everyone wants to fuck around
>meanwhile some people just tryin' to play Pokemon
bump

You'll get more bites if you put gardevoir tiddies in the post. Houndoom a better girl

>You'll get more bites
But that will just make people flinch away from the game.

>GM or Player
Player.

>System(s)
Dark Heresy 1. Death watch.

>Time availability
East cost. Free Tuesday through Thursday at anytime. Special scheduling requirements on weekends due to nightshirt

>Text or Voice
Voice. atextisfinetoo.jpg
>Contact Information
Discord Greyfox643#6408

>Additional Information

I'm willing to play whatever the party needs. I'm willing to provide as detailed or as vague a backstop as you need to mesh well with your campaign. I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying, and wouldn't mind either a high RP game, a high smash and grab, or a nice mix of the two.

I'm also really tempted about shadowrun, but I'm very unfamiliar with the system.

I own most DH 1 and DW books and prefer to play those as I enjoy having a solid book I can flip through as needed.

are there any text based games that are not run on a schedule?

for people who are kinda busy so they just post when they can

You should look for play-by-post or play by e-mail games.