Pauper General

The Return of Storm Edition

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

>poorfag general
Plebe.

>not wanting to play Legacy Lite and brew weird stuff
It's like you don't even want to have fun

Pauper is shit for brewing though, it's probably the worst constructed format to brew in. The power level is high yet the complexity level is (relatively) low, so established, powerful archetypes are going to dumpster anything you brew that strays too far from those.

>fun
where do you think you are?

>Storm
>Dies to shock
Wewew lad

How shitty does this look?

Looks fine. Maybe side a Vampire or two, he's probably gonna eat a counterspell most of the times against Ux decks.

>tfw no Simic Sky Swallower lite common in UG

Fuck.

This deck looks really sweet

I've made Boros Samurais actually beat Delver/Gurmag and Infect.
You could try and experiment more.

>Worst constructed
Wrong, that's modern.

Try reading the whole post friend. Pauper is not the worst constructed format, it's one of the better ones, but it isn't good to brew in

Spicy

h8 my Brew, Veeky Forums.
I have a hardon for unstable mutation.

The numbers of stuff you're running seem weird.

Think I should go for more Counterspells than Eel Umbra? I really like the fact that it has flash.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm not super familiar with Pauper as it is; I just browse the threads to gauge my own interest in trying the format.

But I know 1-2 ofs are usually a bad choice unless you have a lot of card draw or other deck manipulation. Better to run playsets for consistency's sake.

I know it's not very helpful advice, but I always recommend testing things themselves to people that are unsure what to cut. Easier said than done, I know.

>teleports behind you

>casts Gush

I think you could use some more card draw/deck manipulation and Delver to be completely honest

Bullshit. Pauper has lots of new decks that do decently, or do you think boros and kuldotha kitty came out of the air?

Yes, it has a very tight cmc requirement but lots of decks haven't been built yet.

Also Boros Monarch has come out recently and is doing pretty good too

M8 its memedern player.

Delver won't flip and Card Manipulation is Tempo waste. It's not a tempo deck, it's a beatdown deck.

>card manipulation
>tempo waste
Do you breath with your mouth bud?

How do I explain to a dense delver player that in an Aggro deck I rather play a Threat than spend mana looking and organizing the top of my Library?

How do explain to a microbrained aggro player how good tempo wise is a ponder or preordain... And how much U benefits from it...

Plus you are playing way too many mana intensive shit.

It sounds more like a problem with your brew skills honestly. I've had no problem brewing playable decks in the format.

No it dosen't. I don't need to fish for any cards. I need to shit them on field.as fast as possible.
Mana intensive cards are a concern, yes. But it's built around them, that's.why is so heavy on snaps and daze.

How will you shit out if you need to upkeep so much crap bub?
It'd work better as a tempo-ish shell

Except that stuff can enable a Delver to flip consistently (ignoring the fact that prevents dead draws, flooding and lets you reshuffle dead cards) and i don't see how a flying 3/2 for U is bad in an aggro strategy

Everything is 1 mana, and I prioritize those who don't have upkeep costs.

Delver won't flip and I won't just change the entire deck just to accomodate him. This is not a tempo build. Is closer to Red Deck Wins with Jackal and Moggs than it is to Delver Tempo.

>Is closer to Red Deck Wins with Jackal and Moggs
You don't have a Bushwhacker equivalent, it's Bushwhacker that makes RDW great not the shitty 1 mana 2/2s

I also don't have a bolt equivalent.
But RDW dosen't have Daze, Spellsutter, Unstable Mutation and Sunken City.

there's this hexproof vedalken dude with improvise

Unfortunate.

Not wrong but. Plenty of fun decks that could play the long game just can't cut it against delver.

Return of storm since when? Deck putting up results or just tugging nuts?

Since never. It won't pull results because it's creature based on a low creature deck. Archer is a good creature, but it dosen't revive storm.