Half-orcs shouldn't exist

They are just another vestige of older times, when Gygax didn't want his players to play as evil races, so contrived ways to get the next best thing were made up.
We don't live in the 70s anymore, this is a post-Warcraft age. Non-evil orcs are commonplace, and sympathetic portayals exist even in the works derived from Lord of the Rings. So how come they are not a PHB race, when half-orcs are? A "race" that always relies on either a rape backstory, or a "child of two worlds" cliche?

I mean, look at drow. Unlike orcs, drow are a unitary society of evil bastards, and even THEY are a PHB race nowadays. Is it really such a stretch to imagine a few clans of good or neutral orcs existing here and there?

tl;dr - half-orcs don't deserve to be a PHB race, and orcs do.

Agree 100%.

Half-orcs implies racemixing, and that should never be acceptable.

What part of Fantasy did you not understand?

What did he mean by this?

In a lot of western rpg stuff the line between half orc and orc has blurred a lot. It's strange when I play a jrpg and an orc is closer to a fucking ogre or something.

Okay I'll say it in a way you understand.
Fuck you I'll play what I want.

But really, what did he mean by this :^)

>his setting has non-evil orcs.

I am Alpharius

Holy shit, Crag, you actually tripfag on Veeky Forums? I have no respect for you anymore.

No, I am Alpharius

I treat half-orcs as sort of a not-evil (or at least not inherently evil) Uruk-hai.

In a few settings I've seen (and at least my own) orcs tend toward basically being evil people. Maybe a bit stronger or naturally cunning, yeah, but not usually larger or stronger enough to note much of a stat difference.

But at least in D&D (which is the only game I've seen where half-orcs are playable, so I'm using it as the standard and fucking sue me) half-orcs are stronger and tougher on average than people. And their art usually depicts them as taller and heavier.

So I always just figured that mixing men and orcs created something larger and tougher than either. This is of course ignoring settings that use Blizzard or GW greenskins.

>D&D
>getting rid of long time staples

Ive been tripfagging for like 8 years you fucking newfag. Go lewdpost in the discord you lesbian catboy.

That's no cause for pride

Agreed

The big issue with non-evil Orcs in D&D nowadays comes from 5E being set in Forgotten Realms, where orcs are confirmed evil by nature. In one of the newer Drizzt books, Drizzt speaks with his god Mielikki and his wife/priestess of Mielikki Cattie-Brie, where they confirm that Orcs are creations of an evil god, and are born evil.

>Orc on human rape doesn't happen

They'll end up just lumped in with orcs, kind of like what happened to the black-Irish

I agree that orcs should be a phb race, but I think half-orcs are also a valid inclusion for the reason half-elves are: the ''child of two worlds'' thing can be really compelling.

You wouldn't necessarily need a whole race for them either: half orc could easily be a subrace of orc or human.

So in FG, what you're saying is that the answer to the Orc Baby Dilemma is that it's okay, even for a paladin, to kill an orcish child?

I just like non-cartoonish orcs.

Orcs have been potentially Neutral since 0e.

LOL Gygax did not want you to play evil. HEEEEEEEE!!!!! first adventure I made as a Half-orc Assassin. Both the class and race went away when the wife took over and got rid of all the evil stuff. LOL. The half orc was so you could be evil and not be a kill on sight race

>Letting your wife/gf play games with you

Only gays should let their SOs play with them.

BTW only Humans and half-orcs were allowed to pick assassin class

Gygax wife took the company from him - made 2nd AD$D removing all the "evil" . She went to the point of renaming demons to make the Born Agains happy.

Halfbreeds in general are fucking awful. Remove half-orcs and remove half-elves, or at least add some half-dwarves and whatever so it looks more like worldbuilding and less like fetish crap.

You clearly do not know any gaming history. I would look it up. It should be a good read

Use Mul from dark sun for half-dwarfs

And while I do dislike both half-elf and half-orc, I also hate all non drow elf and orcs...But I like some half-breeds, like lizardfolk dragonborns and aasimar kobolds - because I am a gm that fucks with his players sometimes.

Oh now this sounds interesting.

I like half races having their own names atleast, because they aren't all human hybrids either

I give you that there should be half-dwarves

>HEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>LOL
What the fuck is wrong with you? Kill yourself.

I'll just leave this here.

There are, at least in Dark Sun, they are race of slaves that never tire and are all bald and sterile

I always felt that not only should there be half dwarves in the core game, there should be sub races for the half races that allows for handling or gnome parentage. I want my small half orcs damnit.

>"I am Son Orku! I am insane! From Earth!"

Depends on the setting cunt.

Where's Spongebob when I need him?

>such as gnolls

Slander, Demogorgon is gud boi, he dindu nuffin! Gnolls are a caring and generous race.

I'll never get why furries here latch on to gnolls so much. They've always been demon worshiping baby eating monsters. There has to be better things to fap to out there

They found out female hyenas have dicks

Agreed, beholders are the real bestbois.

this is why i always rename half-orcs to Lowland-Orcs.

>shortstack
>not fetish crap
>not my fetish crap

I think I agree. I think half orcs shouldn't be. If there are half orcs they should be hated by both races and shunned.

>Following the LOTR shitty precedent.
What a unoriginal faggot. LOTR is trash and all of the precedents it set only fucked the realm of fantasy.

What part of "you gotta smite ALL the evil, boy" don't you understand?

>he tripcodes on Veeky Forums

I'll never get why retards here latch on to the "if you play a gnoll you must be a furry" meme so much. Does the furry boogeyman really dominate your thoughts so much that you see them even when they don't exist?

Agreed

Filtered.

Grow up.

Yep, and because that baby didn't worship any god, it goes to the Wall of the Faithless. Crying for all eternity, just crying. And think of all the orc babies, just hanging on it, crying. You thought it was bad with just a bunch of atheists hanging off it, but now you realize it's ten times worse.

>Half dwarves
>Not fetish crap

Actually, there's a specific good angel takes all the dead babies in the lore.

Well, that didn't take long.

>Half-orcs implies racemixing, and that should never be acceptable.

Snu-snu's always acceptable user
Nothing wrong with a big, muscular, green beauty pounding a low level would be adventurer fucboi's pelvis to dust before forcing him to be her househusband as you're half-orc's backstory
And unless noted otherwise, I assume that's the backstory for every half-orc when I DM

So Orcs are outright evil and warlike, and at best they are near violent sociopaths

8years and nobody knows you.
Bet you get filtered more then hfy threads.

I just say fuck it and make up an excuse for half-orcs to exist that has nothing to do with orcs (which I only include if I've given up and opted to run the lowest common denominator who gives a shit anyway kitchen sink fantasy). Of course if the core book of the system I'm running doesn't include half-orcs then this isn't a problem because I'm actually running something worthwhile.

literally who

Most obnoxious in 4th edition, where they didn't want to get close to mentioning or implying 'rape', and apparently had issues just impling that sometimes orcs and humans get together, and yet still couldn't bring themselves to just call the statblock 'orcs'.
So, we have to pretend that FUCKING HOBGOBLINS vat-grew them all back in the 'glory days' of the FUCKING HOBGOBLIN EMPIRE.

I'm fine with half orcs so long as there are also haf dwarves, or orc dwarves or quarter orcs or quarter elves or quarter dwarves and the like, no reason only half orcs should be singled out as special.

>always relies on either a rape backstory, or a "child of two worlds" cliche?
i fail to see the problem

#NOTALLORCS
Orcs are just known to be more aggressive and that aggression comes in handy when being a member of a warband, either it be a Merc Company or a Bandit...Band so >rape backstory Is going to be your main backstory because most orcs are fighters and that profession is not exactly a nice one
Besides if you have an orc raised by orcs he will 100% be raised to be a warlike sociopath
tl:dr this

It's pretty telling and arrogant regarding humanity that people are fine with a supposed unabashed evil race suddenly becoming open to other aliments the second a drop of human blood is on the line. I mean think about that on racial terms, that's basically people being fine with the same principles behind the Mischling Test.

And if people really are fine with it both in terms of what that says about their game systems IRL or in games with alignments in general, then it is the duty of every good and proper human paladin and players therein to rape as many orc women or monsters (or any hard aligned evil race that can produce halfbreeds) as possible because their half-human spawn wouldn't automatically be considered evil in said alignment systems. Rape for the good of the orc race, for the betterment of relations between all monstrous peoples, for the sake of the children, rape.

Wow that sure does sound like unnecessary bloat.

No more then what I see across from my table every session.

This has happened everywhere. Even Warcraft film and latest expansions for example have made orcs closer to ogres. If you watch the Reign of Chaos opening cinematic, the orc fighting the knight looks bigger and stronger, but not by that much. Orcs in the warcraft film are literally punching horses to death etc.

Like someone said, there are the Mul's for half-dwarves, but they are kind of setting specific, as the are mostly slaves trained as soldiers or gladiators from birth.

I am sure orc-elves are pretty much killed drowned at birth in all settings and universes, and dwarf-orcs has never happened because these two races have never been in a harmonious relationship.

Imo half-orcs should be rare, more rare than half-elves, and should either have an intricate backstory of wh they are where the are, or they have formed their own communities as cast-outs. Or better yet, they are third class citizens in orc society.

fpwp

It more than implies it.

To be fair, if OP is gonna make a shitty bait thread, I wouldn't be surprised if someone responds with bait almost immediately.

>Add pointy ears to handsome human a call it an Elf
>Add tusks to handsome human and call it a Half-Orc
>mfw people with no creativity did the same thing to Orcs that they did to Elves.

IRL mid 90's Balkan's my dude. Truth is really much more evil than fiction.

>t. Edge

>Having Warcraftized Orcs

Keep out the Dindus, please.

Suddenly, screaming a challenge at your enemies seems a lot more like powering up.

Sometimes you want to woo a green cutie without going full native, user.

Yeah, except 2e D&D actually outright specified the "always evil" is culture rather than biology.

Dragon Magazine had an article saying that Orc and Goblin mothers often take their kids and abandon their tribes to find refuge in good-aligned churches and their children end up of any alignment.

Modern orc players are ALWAYS fetishists or spergs who just want to smash things without fail.

>Not going full native

Why play Fantasy unless you're going to bring civilization to savages?

Because, just like orcs, there's always been lore stating that not all gnolls are evil. Heck, traditionally, gnolls have even more excuse to be not-evil: they were created by a Neutral God and then misguided into worshipping Yeenoghu, whereas orcs were made by the Evil God Gruumsh.

Except, y'know, the very next sentence is literally saying another possibility is that they're the result of consensual sexing between barbaric human tribes and barbaric orc tribes.

Plus, hobgoblins have been empire-seekers literally since they were designed. Even back in AD&D, that was their difference from Orcs, who were originally Lawful Evil but tended to be enslaved by other races.

We also have non-mul Half-Dwarves in Dragonlance. And Kingdoms of Kalamar has both Half-Dwarves and Elf-Orcs as PC races.

>Not going full snu snu
Shit tastes

No, you can instead say that the blood of the god Gruumsh transformed humans into half-orcs.

Do you have an issue with fantasy, or something?

>>Add pointy ears to handsome human a call it an Elf
Yeah, you should just have the handsome human without pointy ears.

Sometimes I assume wild, passionate, violent muscle-sex between said green beauty and the mighty warrior who earned her affection by being able to keep up with her. But mostly we're on the same page.

>play D&D
>use reason and logic

pick one.

>his setting has black-and-white "evil races" and "good races"

>Everything has to be grey just like my life

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEEAAAALL

Hit that strawman again, I think you've got him on the ropes.

user, anything is fetish crap now. Even straight up elves and halflings are dismissed as 'waifus' and 'shortstacks.' Normal humans can be fetish crap if the GM is twisted enough.

There are so many areas of grey that go along with 'fetish crap' that eventually worrying about it will keep you from enjoying anything at all.

Probably just because they aren't used in games as much as orcs or hobgoblins or goblins and aren't as large a part of popular culture (through books and videogames including them), so people can develop their own ideas about them and what they should/should not be like.

Most settings have elves, and if you go too far away from what are considered usual depictions of elves, either as standard haughty magic folk or fae babysnatchers, it starts to feel weak, like you're attaching a name to something that isn't elves. The ideas resound too strongly with it. Gnolls don't have that many popular ideas to resound to, at least compared to orcs or drow or somesuch, so they seem more flexible.

Well the words clearly hit you hard enough to make you reply again with a faux-snarky ''I am totes not mad''-post.

>his setting has good and evil

The Lord of the Rings ruined everything for everyone. We could have been enjoying us some sword and sorcery action, but instead some asshammer linguist had to ruin it with his simplistic, feel-good narrative of good overcoming evil.

If only Ersnt Junger had written fantasy instead of Tolkien.

And clearly my response hit you hard enough to make you do the same and add an anime picture. That means I'm winning.

Yeah, no, the Blumes and Williams ruined TSR.