Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Malal Worshipers edition

Previous: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/13/mustering-for-konor-our-armies-stevegw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nth for femarines have always existed.

Lost and the Damned when?

Not even Doomrider approves of your bullshit

>starting the thread off with femmarine shitposting
Fuck you

Scout bikes for Blood Angels. Yes/No?

One of our poor battle brothers was struck by foul warp magic!

Now he has breast and we dare not check to see if he still has his manhood.

I don't even play 40k but I stopped in to say your pic made me nostalgic, OP. I've been here too long.

Edarfags BTFO

Is plasma plasma missile pod a decent Crisis loadout? Looking for an alternative to flamer spam and need some anti heavy infantry.
>inb4 take commanders

I'm not sure if I'm blind or retarded or maybe both, but today's Mustering for Konor has a fully Adeptus Custodes army featured. They can't actually run it can they? Custodes don't have an HQ. Is there some way to run only Custodes legally?

Article in question:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/13/mustering-for-konor-our-armies-stevegw-homepage-post-4/

Yes. I actually think scout bikers are one of the hidden gems this edition.
>6 S4 shots at 12" per model
>combat knife on every model for bonus attack, plus bolt pistol
>T5 W2
>27 ppm

While we all can agree that 8th edition is one of the better 40k editions that have been released, the amount of errors that "playtesting" missed in basic rules is staggering. Should we really trust GW to do the right thing, or did the "playtesters" drop the ball and GW is letting them take the fall?

"Playtester" defenders go and stay go

>I haven’t played with my Adeptus Custodes yet
That makes sense.

>GW puts out rules and codex for custodes
>"Hey, guys, how can I play custodes?"

Gee, I dunno, user...

The plot thickens

Ultramarines are cool as fuck, I wish they ddin't get so much hate.

Got lost in the other thread so trying again. Got an escalation league coming up so using that to give 8th a shot. Eventually want to have it be combined IG and Marine but I have marines to start with so what units should I be looking at for, initially, small points games?

...?

>playtesters defenders go
>please don't argue with me just support my nerdrage

why do you think they got a finished copy of the rules as they appear in the index? they got a bare bones stripped down version for playtesting, so that it could be easily modified day by day.

I really hope that the Tau codex comes soon and rebalances Crisis and Commanders so that they have distinct roles and that Crisis aren't strictly inferior outside of flamer-spam.

So while acknowledging that any non-flamer setup would be better as a Commander right now:
What exactly do you want these suits to be fighting, and at what range? 2*PR+MP isn't an awful setup for heavier targets. However, the MP operates at a much longer effective range than the PR (triple PR's preferred 12" range). Additionally, PR are better against things like heavy infantry, while MP are better against light and medium vehicles. If you're specifically looking for suits which are decent against a couple of targets but not great against either, that's fine. Barring that, I'd recommend mono-weapon suits, either with three weapons, or possibly two weapons plus ATS.

Can't you read? He said: Custodes don't have an HQ. Now tell me how you would build your custodes-only army if you don't have a hq. If you don't put in a unit of 1 commissar as an understrenght unit of 0 commissars.

I have the rules. They don't have an HQ. His army does not have an HQ. He intends to play it anyway. All the evidence suggests he can't, that's why I'm asking.

They're alright by me.

He can include any Imperium HQ you dumb fuck.

...!

could you be more specific?
Because most of the errors in the basic rules and especially indexes are typos and editing errors. That's not the play testers job.

What exactly am I looking at? You've underlined a space.

Literally just on here and 1d4. nobody else minds the boys in blue unless you play like a dick and daisy chain your whole army to guilliman.

Alright, I made some adjustments based on your advice. I dropped most of the klaws and changed them on big choppas to save some points for trukk boyz and picked skorchas for Kans and Warbosses.
The question is - should I drop the painboy for a stormboyz unit? The point cost is same so it's all about usefulness

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Orks) [93 or 94 PL, 1498pts]
HQ
Warboss [4 PL, 99pts]: Attack Squig, Kombi-Skorcha, Power Klaw
Warboss [4 PL, 99pts]: Attack Squig, Kombi-Skorcha, Power Klaw

Troops
Boyz [13 PL, 223pts]
- Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
- 3x Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Big Shoota.
- 26x Ork Boy W/ Shoota
Boyz [72pts, 9 PL]:
- Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga
- 11x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Elites
Nob w/ Waaagh! Banner [79pts, 4 PL]: Kustom Shoota
Nobz [11 PL, 155pts]: Cybork Body
- Boss Nob: Ammo Runt, Power Klaw, Slugga
- 4x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
Nobz [21 PL, 267pts]: Cybork Body
- Boss Nob: Ammo Runt, Power Klaw, Slugga
- 7x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
- 2x Nob: Choppa, Slugga
Painboy [4 PL, 65pts]: Power Klaw

Fast Attack
Stormboyz [3 PL, 65pts]
- Boss Nob: Power Klaw
- 4x Stormboy

Heavy Support
Deff Dread [153pts, 8 PL]
- Deff Dread: Skorcha, Skorcha
- - Pair of Klaw Arms: 2x Dread Klaw
Killa Kans [204pts, 10 PL]
- 3x Killa Kan: Skorcha

Dedicated Transport
Trukk [82pts, 5 PL]: Big Shoota

Total: [93 or 94 PL, 1498pts]

I don't play custodes. But if he hasn't played with them yet, he doesn't need an HQ. Because he hasn't played yet.

His army does not have an HQ from another army. He has not indicated that he'll be using one.

10/10 would kek again

Top left corner. I haven't underlined anything tho, it was from a stream where they circled stuff

yes you can.
You won't have any command points, but you don't have a commander so whatever.

Or just take an Inquisitor.

Which is better in your learned opinion: A single unupgraded Venom (80 points) or 1 Command Point and an Agoniser Archon+One Extra Ranger.

>Can't you read?

Better than he can read his own army's codex.

They have a HQ, that is marked HQ.

Needz more dakka, boss

>He is still forcing the manipulated shitposting
Cheetahfag, everyone knows that it wasn't samefagging but you talked with three different anons

Is there a detachment without HQs?

Can you explain? I'm curious at this point

Who?

What particular rule oddity of 40k from previous editions amuses you the most?

>In 5e, Go to Ground meant you turned your models on their sides. Hilarity was enforcing TLOS with this, especially if you played Guard and had Incoming.

Couldn't you just spam auxilery detachments and forget about CP?

I would honestly put rokkits on the kans. they have better BS for a reason. Can also get you some heavy hitting long range weapons.

If you drop the painboy, I'd just make the stormboy unit bigger instead of a whole new unit. You want mobs to hit the enemy like a wave, and that means more and more boys, whenever possible.

Are you fighting anyone in particular, or just making a general list? Cause even 10 or 12 stormboyz can disappear pretty quick depending on how the fight goes.

The red line was a meme from a while ago. This is what's important

yet in my heart I know my 800 burgerbucks of stones will forever be trapped in a setting I no longer intend to play. Why did they stay in 7th?

>You're a very persistent faggot

see

Matched play has detachment limits.

It depends on how you interpret "you cannot start a battle with less than 0 CP."

This either means you start the battle, but simply have 0 CP, or you cannot actually start the battle.

"You can never put too much water in a nuclear reactor."

That's a shitty photoshop.

Cover saves being an either/or with armour.

ah I was looking for this thread.

I played my first game of 8th ed 40k. I haven't played 40k since tyranids had a decent codex.

Results? 8th edition 40k, that so many people have been jizzing about...is bland, boring, insipid.
It's shite.
No seriously, it's crap. It's as good as snakes n' ladders or monopoly.

Yeah, three.

to be fair to him, you cannot see the battlefield role icon for shit in that pic.

lol fuck off retard

Your opinion changed my life, time to sell my armies.

You never played 7th, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

NP bro, that's why popped in to give you the truth.

Although, don't sell your armies yet, a new ruleset, or house rules could actually make boring edition better.

The point is the index does not use this datasheet. It's a stream capture.

Not from a meme, it was Rob circling stuff on stream

no i want my flamers.
They'll bw here tomorrow

at 2000 pts. It's a bit hard to get all that from 3 detatchments. But 1500 isn't.
1000pts at 2 is also doable.

Explain, IN DETAIL, why you feel it's boring. Especially since we've not got proper codexes yet.

I know it can be hard for a pussy like you to hear the truth.

It's not a Custodes army, it uses those shite fake Custodes dreads.

I'm looking at the PDF. I posted what is in the pdf. Unless someone is deliberately posting a pdf to our mega with the battle role of the Custodes changed for shits and giggles that sheet is wrong.

>house rules could actually make boring edition better.

We've done it guys, we've actually started to communicate with the early caveman.

0/10 go cry about it on your blog cutiepie

Font is wrong to be from the PDF

are snipers even worth taking in 8th? it feels like they don't really do enough damage to warrant their cost. like maybe turn 3 ill have killed a character, but by then I might as well have just brought something more killy and removed more of the shit getting the buffs.

>If you drop the painboy, I'd just make the stormboy unit bigger
Maybe I didn't depict it clearly. I have to choose if I want to drop the painboy and keep this small 5-models unit of stormboyz or vice versa
>Are you fighting anyone in particular, or just making a general list?
General list. I played only few demo games and grabbed some ork stuff on discount so now I'm having fun with plastic crack and thinking about my first "real" game

But where should I put more dakka mates? I think that Deff Dread will be better as a melee rape-machine so the only option is to change the killa kans role. Maybe two big shootas and a single rokkit launcha?

its the new codex faggot.
Turn your brain on

Eh, I actually found 7e fairly enjoyable. Never got to play vs Tau, but I did face off against quite a few Eldar, Guard, etc.

I miss Champion of Chaos and Challenges desu. The current index army feels too much like the 4e gavdex for my liking :(

Spiritual Liege spotted.

Vindicare and Illic are useful for Softening characters, not slaying outright.

It's not a shop tho. During the stream, the streamers said you could use Custodes as HQ or troops. Anyone with the premium twitch can confirm.

1. No it doesn't, detachments limits are an optional rule for organized/tournament play.
2. You can make a custodes army with three units.

Was 7th edition also as bland boring and insipid?
Now you seem to think that because I wasn't playing I don't know how other editions have been, however that's a lot of assuming you're doing there, and that makes an ass out of u.

ok srs mode again.
7th was a massive cluster fuck of power builds.
8th does repair some of that mess, but just because 8th is (perceived) better than 7th doesn't mean that 8th it's fun or interesting.

I don't know what I can do to prove it to you. Download the PDF and look at it for yourself.

Anyone have the punished Guilliman image?

Hook has everything back up.

I'm going to pick up a Leviathan. What weapon options should I pick up?

Btw, you are not replying to the poster of the stream picture. Not sure what he is trying to say. Index says troops, Stream said troops or hq

>FW dread
>not fake

>unironically using the work cuck

I'm curious on what you plan on doing with those fuck load of nobz.

'I haven't played since tyranids had a decent codex'
>tyranids didn't even get a codex in 7e, their 6e codex was horrible, and they were the second worst army in the game

I see. I was unaware of them posting a thing on twitch. That's why I came here to ask in the first place. I thank you all for your patience in explaining it.

Grav launchers, duh.

It could be from the codex, but the sream was from before the index release. From the eight edition prerelease week

>just because I haven't played in years doesn't mean I don't know how the games actually played.
>Just because I haven't played in years doesn't mean I'm wearing rose colored nostalgia goggles.
You haven't been playing, so no, you don't know.

>a fucking nid player complaining about 8th
1/10, made me reply. Game is more balanced, fun and playable than it's ever been.
>but muh flavor
Wait for the codex you fucking dolt

That sure looks nothing like a calthtemptor painted gold user.

Yeah, the Achillus and Galatus aren't the Saggitatius, but the calthtemptor isn't any of them.

I'm not that user, but I do agree Cruddace is a fucking hack. Though tbt, 4e Nids weren't all sunshine and roses either, and their armies ended up being pretty FINAL DESTINATION by 5e.

Which Codex would this be? Are they going to be in the general SM codex?

Two wrongs don't make a right user.

Looking to do commander loadouts myself. What are the best general-purpose anti-space marine loadouts? (assume SG on all)
2xCIB ATS
2xML ATS
2xBC ATS
2xPR w/whatever
2xFB w/whatever

holy shit the ATS is so good this edition

My guess is they realised custodes were too interesting as a standalone army and too many people would choose custodes over primaris. So they changed the HQ thing at the last moment.

That's a good question. Few threads ago anons told me to use them to secure the dakka boyz and do some hard hitting with big choppas