Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What kind of tieflings are best tieflings?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5283967/list-of-ssdk-materials
pastebin.com/ECqfFHHE
docs.google.com/document/d/1H8JTDT-ZAcmg2CDD7h7DqKXuNuGcrJwIlML3ble0Vvk/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=vxavFinqJoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Demon-Blooded and Oni-Blooded Tieflings are, without a doubt, the best damn breeds to be out there.

Not the shitty anime fetish ones, you goddamned shameless thirstlord.

Current game listings

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Closing in 1 month)

Apply to more games, anons!

Balor teiflings

Let's talk about Professions.

How often do you actually rank them? How often do you let your character do something like normal people would for once? Does your character ever want to return to a simpler life where they're not expected to save the world every day?

>What kind of tieflings are best tieflings?
Tsundere.

I like my characters to have a hobby or something they can provide that isn't immediately beneficial, mechanically speaking.

Playing a lute or baking up some biscuits to keep morale up is always worth dropping a skill point or two, though I prefer to have Background Skills available as a subsystem to facilitate it.

Yeah, one character's a blacksmith by trade. He's actually going to retire. Others have had various skillsets that earned them more money or enough money to retire forever.

The best kind of Tiefling isn't Tsundere, it's Tsunderetsun.

She's harsh and abrasive, but when you get to know her better she's actually a sweet young girl that just wants someone to look past her petty slights and childish pranks and see the woman she is... Yet, in truth, all that hides is the pure unadulterated rage of her nature, her kindness as ephemeral as the last kiss of a woman you thought you'd never have to miss.

Hard surface, gooey insides, hard nature. You know, like pie.

Maxed at Character creation, and either continuously or intermittently as he levels up, pending how how well it correlates with his current career

Personally I like Grimspawn and the Motherless.

Daemons are by far my favorite evil outsider, and the concept of the Motherless is really interesting in and of itself.

Anyone got some homebrew to share with the class? Something you're working on?

I make it a point to always give my characters at least one profession they're GOOD at, whether it's something as nebulous as "Farmer" or as defined as "Blacksmith." Let's face it, adventurers don't come out of the ground like Spartoi, right? They always have a reason to be adventuring, yet in their heart of hearts they just want it to be over so they can return back to civilian life, albeit significantly richer and far more famous.

AWOOOOOOO

It seems pretty clear these threads do not have a large enough community to support the amount of games popping up.

>All that complaining about 2+Int ranks on paladin
Spend on Profession: Soldier, boom, now roll everything with it
Want perception? Soldiers are vigilant, Profession soldier
Want knowledge local? Soldiers know the local laws, profession soldier
Want to intimidate? you guessed right, profession soldier
Etc

Soulforger is trodding along nicely and will hopefully be ready in a day or two. Spontaneous fullcaster on the Witch list that steals people's souls and forges them into equipment for his own soul, or uses them to fuel his powers. Gonna be loads of fun.

Other than that, Chanting Spells is a descriptor and a pair of feats designed to go with some big, 2-turn casting spells that paint a huge target on yourself while preparing them, in exchange for massive fucking damage.

Hell, I actually did a consolidated list, so I'll just post this.
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5283967/list-of-ssdk-materials

>Motherless
Considering what we know about Qlippoth now, I'm imagining a Tiefling girl with crab features and chitin waving a knife angrily around while shouting in Tian

>Pickpocketing the lock out of the door
>Pickpocketing the knowledge from someone's mind
>Pickpocketing an enemy's life

I'm just waiting for that high-level, Mythic, gestalt campaign built around high adventure and extreme acts of mythical ability before I can die in peace.

Tied up and bullied tieflings, of course.

>Something you're working on?
I have a few projects I haven't touched in a while. Including a remake if the Armorist. Its a tad unfinished though, and the balance still feels fiddly

Calm down there Thief. We just wanted you to get the Orb of Earth

That was actually Red Mage explaining that to Thief.

>homebrew to share

Nothing I've worked on recently, as I've been a lazy fuck who hasn't attempted to really sit down and work on anything, but I do have this old thing laying around!
pastebin.com/ECqfFHHE

How do you fucks feel about familiar features on your animal companions and Mounts?

that's rad

Demon, Qlippoth, and Demodand-spawn are best.

That's some nice art. Where did that come from?

Nobody ever will let you do that

What monsters can take over an entire population of a town or village without turning the population into disfigured murderous monsters? For some reason I remember the Ceratioidi being a parasite that joined with a host and kept its mind intact not the humanoid angler fish mesh of male and female.

Asura-Spawn monks

>Mythic
>Mythic Gestalt

I'm adding DSP races from Bloodforge to the DSP SRD

I really want a shortstack kestrel to bully now. Please help me anons.

Don't bully, it's fun!

I want to kill Titans and eat their flesh for the drops of divine power that pump through their ichorous veins!

I see you're being smug, I'll have you know, I'm pretty smug myself.

So, are the Eva Rebuilds any good?

Suffer like G did.

That's a loaded question.

Mari is good.
Otherwise, not really no.

Have I become a meme?

It was going to be a part of a whole document of animal companion-related homebrew, but unfortunately I realized I didn't actually have enough content for that to justify it being exclusively animal companions. I also just didn't have enough content period. Sooner or later I'll get around to consolidating and organizing some of my actually presentable homebrew, but that would take some time to pull off.
There was another feat that increased the animal companion's HD to match its/your level without affecting most other scaling, but it's a bit iffy so it might not stay.

Got it from a character art thread, so unfortunately I got nothin' there friend.

You're a shitty meme that doesn't use quotation marks

You were always a meme.

If the keyword is not being disfigured monsterous murderers, then fungus queen. Otherwise monsters that breed rapidly and are sneaky while still being deadly can quickly overwhelm a population, hydrus, goblins, kobolds and the like.

Well, after I got actual feedback last thread for one thing, I figure I might as well get some more feedback for the other.

An attempt to fix the Ragechemist.
docs.google.com/document/d/1H8JTDT-ZAcmg2CDD7h7DqKXuNuGcrJwIlML3ble0Vvk/edit?usp=sharing

>Doesn't use quotation marks.

>fungus queen
was obviously designed as a gimicky boss fight but it might still work. I was looking for a symbiotic hive mind. Maybe I'll give the spawn fast healing and have her free all the spawn she creates

Do you give your creations a personal touch when playing a person with crafting skills? Engravings, fancy trimmings and other such things that are of that nature.

Reviewanons for Iron Waifus when

In time. There's still like two weeks left before applications close.

you can do that with just gestalt, Mythic just isn't balanceable nor fun in how it ruins games

Yeah. I used to write descriptions of the items he crafted for people, and send them when I delivered the items. It was fun, and people seemed to enjoy the personal touch.

I'd need to ask them what would really get their character's going, but yes!

>Wildsoul spider
Holy shit what amount of crap, you get webswinging at 18th level! literally everybody has been flying for 8 levels. You don't even get spiderwalk.

Srly, PF, is impossible to like you.

Who are your favorite male apps so far?
Who are your favorite female ones?
Do we have any ships yet?

>he thought he was going to get nice things as a non caster
laughinggirls.jpg

Nu uh, I know a guy who has a friend whose cousin played Mythic, and he loved it so much he named his wife's son after James Jacobs.

Give it a chance!

This
Our gm gave us 1 tier in Mythic, and one only. The Caster is obliterating action economy and the game overall meanwhile I at best have infinite AoOs and 10ft reach on AoOs. Woopity doo

Please don't bully, Mythic is a system I really want to try, and at this rate I never will!

youtube.com/watch?v=vxavFinqJoM

Archmage is uberbroken to infinity and beyond
Hierophant is slightly behind
Rest are ok I guess
Trickster is so shitty you better shoot yourself

Mythic is caster supremacy^5billions

Like we can tell the obvious trolling. Good for a laugh but the joke has gone on a bit too long

There's games with normal mythic popping up every so often so...

That's the thing, all I want to play is Guardian or Champion! Not only do I want to play Guardian or Champion, I want the fluff implications of being Mythic!

Unfortunately, it's basically what said. One neat way to handle it a GM presented to my group, though, is giving mythic on a case-by-case basis, dependant on who in the party is actually powerful.

Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you?

Though to be fair for most magic items/useful gear I just let the player whose PC took it decide what it looks like.

You can accomplish all the fluff of mythic without using a single rule. It takes a good DM knowing about how to flavor what and who you're fighting and when to hand-wave fights but that way you don';t break the system

I'm deadly serious, user.

Really? I thought they were all WotR.

Isn't that how Mythic should work? You accomplish a trial, you get a rank?

>3+2/tier swift action spells per day
Srly, who thought that was balanced to what other paths get?

It's mainly WotR yeah.

I wasn't aware the normal game let me kill Demon Lords or become as gods.

You can totally do that without mythic. At best mythic gets you to nascent demi-god at rank 10. A full level 20 party could take on all the cr26+ archdemons and archdevils entirely without mythic and becoming gods is entirely DM stuff anyways

You can become immortal super fast in normal games? cool

Lichification / Immortality discovery.

The normal game lets you fuck up Hastur pretty hard.

I'm sorry, not all of us are playing alchemists or wizards.

>needs 20th level
Dude, with tier 1 you can already become immortal

1. Why do you need to be immortal? Are you starting at 80 years old?
2. Have your DM handwave it.

Tell the DM you want to be immortal.

I glanced at the thumbnail and thought that's a centaur girl.

>Why do you need to be immortal?
Because I want to live forever, have infinite adventures and travel the world

I'm not convinced a level 20 party could kill Dispater.

Then nab it at a higher level or tell your DM you want to be immortal, he'll figure out some plotline for you to grab the elixir or something.
Mythic is just 3.5e Epic but implemented worse because you can grab it at any level you want.

I want to be immortal so I can rule my kingdom with grace and insanity.

What elixir?

>What elixir?
Of youth, duh? I forget if it's a real item but if it isn't then have your DM make it up as an Artifact, using Mythic is already begging the DM so if all you want is to be immortal then may as well let him finish inside just for the immortality instead of carrying to term so he runs Mythic

What goes with "Caravan" for the nickname of a band of cossack mercenaries, raiders, brigands, and pirates?

Why doesn't my noggin work anymore?

did you mean to post this on /s4s/

I love that board, but I did not!

Alright, /pgg/, how would you stat such THROBBING and RAMPANT CHIVALRY such as this?

>Be Aasimar Angelkin
>Can't Alter self into yourself

Dominion's Nefer has a feat called Sunset listed, but I can't seem to find the source of it. She also has Mixed Blood as a trait, and it seems to be a feat. Was there an errata? I'm not familiar with Bloodforge or Akashic initiators.

What?

Alter self only allows you to turn into humanoids, Aasimar aren't humanoids.

Is that a king (female?)

Alter Self allows you to take the shape of a Humanoid, and Aasimar are Native Outsiders. I think that's what this is going for.

>I love that board,
Well there's your problem, and why you've been losing brain function

You can use alter self as an outsider. But of course you wouldn't be able to transform into your own race, in any case.

That may well be a king (female), but she has achieved TRUE CHIVALRY!

When all are clad in such resplendant steel armor that turns away the blows of lesser men as if they were impotent padded fists of children, so thickly that you cannot tell if the bearer of said armor is lowborn or highborn, male or female, rich or simply rich in honor - THEN you have achieved the TRUEST FORM of CHIVALRY!

Uh, no.

Lies, soft and filthy!