TCG General

Welcome to /tcg/ on Veeky Forums

Previously on TCG
ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly yugioh, but more things are welcome.

Boardgames and tabletops are welcome there too.

incase you ever wanted to know what there is here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once?
Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 13 people in it.)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?
>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?

Me:
Anyone trying out that new Final Fantasy TCG? I started last night and it's REALLY fun and easy.

Are games designed primarily for more than two player doomed to fail?

I think when it comes to a TCG yes. But if you wanted something like what I'm slowly working on, a group card game, you should be fine. You can still hold tourney's and stuff.

The biggest thing people try to do with those styles of games is over think them. You can try and be the first ya know?

>>What's your main TCGs
mtg edh
bout seven or so
hecatomb
reasonable prices in mtg's secondary market
i'm ok with the current offer
>If you've played Pokemon
haven't

Do digital CCG count for this thread? or it's more a thing for /v/? (please don't send me there)

yeah, I consider it cause it's still a card game

what CCG does Veeky Forums plays? I mean other than hearthstone since everyone is agree is a simple/casual game that turned into a literal slot machine as expansions came in.

I play Pokemon TCG online sometimes when I have the chance and I want to try the new skyrim (?) game that I saw.

Oh so, The Elder Scrolls Legends, isn't?
a tiny clarification, isn't a "new skyrim" game, is an expansion set on skyrim and I actually hate it not in terms the cards are bad or anything like that but I hate that from all the places they could have made a whole set they decided to go first into skyrim. i hope it just this time and for the next one the game could pass around somewhere more exciting.

I guess? (It's hard to understand you)

the elder scrolls is a fictional universe larger than skyrim
skyrim is just one place that appears in the many elder scrolls games
the latest expansion for the elder scrolls TCG is set in skyrim, but the TCG is not ALL SKYRIM ALL THE TIME

How many of you are making your own card games?

sorry. I guess I don't make myself clear enough or I just type like a literal retard.
summary, I play the game and I was waiting for a new expansion to come by, and it pisses me off that the new expansion, from all the crazy lore the TES universe has, the devs decided to go to skyrim if the shilling from that so-so game wasn't enough.

yo whats up

I'm working on a group card game
"GCG" why is that not a thing?

What is your game like? The image doesn't give much away.

Your group game will work better as a living card game.

Technically a Board game, but there's cards involved. I guess it counts.

I've been working on mine on-and-off since about 2011. I've been playtesting it with groups.

Writing a comprehensive, yet simple and strait-forward ruleset is the tricky part.

I am. I'm done planning and have printed one of the "starter decks" earlier this year. After doing all the art for it, I burned myself out and I haven't worked on it seriously since February.

Can't read anything other than the names

Yeah, maybe, but the game is more based on 4+ people tho. Aren't most of those games more for people 1 on 1?

selfish bumb

bumpyty. I'll be back later.

a TCG/CCG? nah, too much work and very little payoff. I was thinking more in a deck builder, a close enviorment.
I've got some rules, mechanics and such but I need a design (a card frame) and maybe investigate a little in the acient age to get ideas.

Here's a card.

da bump. the thread might be the beggining of something interesting.

I'm back. anyone knows good sources for Roman history? I mean equipment of soldiers, the coliseum among other stuff?

I've tried a few times getting designs off the ground. A norse witch hunt/territory battle, and a dreamscape vision romp alla Lovecraft, shounen manga, and Highlander. Not currently working on one now, though I was wondering if Magic's
>memory and land energy -> spells
lore might work so well in a setting that wasn't so focused on leaving established settings behind so often.

While I kind of hate that card back, Terrortory is an adorable name and I love it.

I've been trying on and off for about 2 months now. It seems to be picking up a bit.

No but games themed around a heavily scorned (and dead) IP with a rabidly retarded fan-base are.

Did anyone actually play Battle Spirits? I remember getting a whole demo deck for free from some mail-in Shonen Jump special, but I never actually heard much about it since then. Never even really bothered to give it a try, but honestly the artwork was off-putting enough to make me not want to even bother. The little gem counters that came with the box were pretty nice, though.

>What's your main TCGs
VtES

I played mostly during the CCG boom in the late 90s so a lot. Pretty much anything that was out back then, I played.

VtES

Nothing in particular, not really excited by most IPs these days.

>If you've played Pokemon...
Only ever played once with my nephew using his cards.

No? Should I ask in /CCG/?

>What's your main TCGs
MtG (Standard, Modern, Legacy)
3-4 IRL, 10+ digitally
Good, original, card art. OP's pic is an insult. "Hurr we copy-pasted some concept art on white background durr"
King of Fighters/SnK.

>that turned into a literal slot machine as expansions came in.
I played at launch. It always was a slot machine.

I was part of a group effort a couple years ago (pic related). It died due to lack of leadership among the anons who were working on it.

Osprey's are a good place to start. You can find them linked in the OP of the Historical Wargame General.

Thanks user. Luck to your house and good draws in your games

All I can really draw are toony animal characters. This won't be spectacular, but it'll be fun to put my characters to good use. I'm debating whether or not to add flavor text to characters wherever possible.

Avoid quips, don't bloat a card, and remember simple cards with simple abilities and no other text can be just as effective as good flavor text. Do those things and why not? People like stories.