/wfg/ - The Warhammer Fantasy General

The Lets Not Argue About Solkan Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/329149048/Warhammer-6th-Edition-Lizardmen-Army-Book-pdf
yumpu.com/en/document/view/44916932/warhammer-frp-skaven-book-of-the-ratpdf-lskiorg
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Egil_Styrbjorn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>54293036

To the guy that wanted a decent Empire map - sorry for the late response. Hope this helps.

And to the guy that wanted fillable 2ed WFRP Character sheets - sorry these aren't fillable, but that should be easy enough to change.

And for people looking to get into /wfrp/ or just generally curious about the setting - the newcomers guide to the Old World.

>fantasycucks let their generals die just like they let their game die

Can ANYONE tell me about Lizardmen civil society?

/v/irgin here, with TW:WH2 coming out I'm curious about the Lizardmen. Are they all warriors? What do they eat? Are some of these skinks farmers? And if so, are they consuming the crops directly or are they using them to feed cattle? If the latter, what kind of cattle?

Here's a link to the PDF of their 6th edition armybook:

scribd.com/document/329149048/Warhammer-6th-Edition-Lizardmen-Army-Book-pdf

As I recall, Lizardmen behave in a caste system. The big guys are almost always pure warrior caste, and the skinks tend to do the grunt work.

Interesting points about them:
- They come from spawning pools, born fully grown and with instinctual knowledge.
- They are, to my knowledge, carnivorous. So one imagines they herd some sort of dinosaur cattle like stegadons or cold ones.

Lizardman Crash Course:

The Lizardman society breaks down into three major sections:

The Slann
The Saurus
The Skinks

The Slaan are the custodians of the Great Old Ones - the alien precursors who made the Warhammer World what it is. Big toady squat magic fuckers.

The Old Ones spawned five generations of Slann. All Slann of the First Spawning are dead, but their mummified remains are powerful enough to aid other Slann in battle. The remains of Venerable Lord Kroak, most powerful of all the Slann, are still brought forth in times of great need. Even the most junior Slann rank among the most powerful magic users in the Warhammer world, and the powers wielded by the elder Slann are unimaginably powerful. Venerable Lord Kroak in particular can destroy entire cities with a single gaze.

It is the Slann who maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.

The Saurus are the muscle. Big dumb muscle, generally, though generations can be born through spawning pools with unique abilities or rare insights. In the 1ed WFRP they were just called Troglodytes, and the term is still a pretty apt description of them today.

Saurus live for thousands of years - they have never been known to die of old age - if they are not killed in combat, and never cease growing, becoming larger and tougher as the centuries elapse. Many of the heroes and leaders of the Saurus have risen to prominence by being essentially unkillable in combat.

Finally there are the Skinks. These guys are the Office Assistants of the Lizardman race. They do all the weird jobs that the Slann or the Saurus can't. They'll go on diplomatic missions, they'll tend the livestock. Generally anything that needs a bit of brain to do but is beneath the Slann falls to these guys.

Skinks are the artisans of the Lizardmen. Gregarious and talkative, they do jobs like metalworking and temple organization in addition to being the personal adjutants of the Slann. Some Skinks can use magic, though not so effectively as their ancient masters.

For all you Skaven lovers out there, I recommend having a read of the fansplat 'Book of the Rat' - yumpu.com/en/document/view/44916932/warhammer-frp-skaven-book-of-the-ratpdf-lskiorg

Also, some less-common maps I've got in my collection.

Albion.

Question for anyone: What experiences have you had with Mordheim? Every run a game, use it as an RPG setting, use the Necromunda rules instead?

Fun fact, that not!Wales island doesn't exist in current lore. It's just a 'here be whales' spot on the ocean. I like to imagine it got sunk by the Slann.

>It's just a 'here be whales' spot on the ocean

This pun deserves greater recognition.

What's the lore behind Albion anyway? It always seems like a really underutilized element of the setting, to the point where I'm wondering why it was even included.

I like to homebrew not-Ireland being next to Albion where the Old Ones tried to create a race of noble fighters but instead created leprechauns, and they forgot about them because they were short, annoying, and drunk.

Little did they know that Leprechauns would have incredible luck and resilience and be immune to Warp corruption.

And heavens fucking help you if you steal their gold or lucky charms. They say Khorne pissed himself at the very notion.

> It always seems like a really underutilized element of the setting

That's pretty much everything outside of the Old and New Worlds.

It's a real shame that GW decided to start changing fluff into the AoS line and fucking it up left and right, because that left us with places like North UnAmerica, UnChina, UnJapan, and UnAfrica being incredibly under-utilized.

>Leprechauns

There's a point - how much RL lore do you guys throw into your Warhammer game with a dab of Old World flavour?

I've used cave-dwelling Kelpies as creatures of mythology before in an all-dwarf game, as well as a mothman expy.

I like to imagine there's at least some small part of the Warhammer World that just wasn't touched by Chaos and too out of the way for any of the other races.

Just a nice idyllic little farming community that was completely unaware of the shitstorm around it, who got the biggest of all WTFs when the world just blew up around them.

>world just blew up

Well yeah, if you're talking End Times lore.

I do like to imagine though that out there in the world are places that don't even know what Chaos is. A traveler might go there and talk about Archaon's great Storm, and the natives would just be confused.

Is there much of a chaos presence in the southlands?

>Well yeah, if you're talking End Times lore.

Even ignoring ET and AoS, I'm pretty sure the Warhammer World would still have blown up eventually, somehow.

>Skaven tunnel too much and too deep, planet crumbles in on itself.
>Dwarfs try to recreate the Doomstones Project
>Chaos Dwarfs launch a space project to try and land on one of the moons.

It would have happened sooner or later.

Long story short, Albion is the human version of Ulthuan - it was a cool paradise where the Old Ones liked to hang out and taught the humans a good few secrets about how to be awesome. But then shit hit the fan and they ended up making a Magical Vortex of their own, complete with standing stones called Ogham Stones that functioned like the waystones of Ulthuan. But for some reason that made their weather rainy and cloudy, the land got covered in swamps, most of the humans became xenophobic and primitive.

It's still pretty cool because it's a source of giants beyond the spot that the Ogres took down, and you still have Truthsayers and Dark Emissaries sometimes travelling around the rest of the Old World, fighting as mercenaries. And it allows you to add a little Celtic flare to your army if they've raided Albion or something.

>tfw Bretonnia never could've made use of them even if you'd wanted to

N-no tears

AFAIK no. Most of the Chaos presence in the world in general is concentrated in the Old World and it's their main target.

>mfw

Here's a very, very old map of Albion that might help your headcanon a little. With newer maps it barely looks like the British Isles at all, but in older works it was so obvious.

>Marooned Sea Elves
>Leprechauns are a type of elf
>Leprechauns are guarding their gold
>Sea elves protecting their wrecked ship from plunder, waiting for a rescue that never comes...

I think I've got an idea for my next WFRP PC.

Sea Elves seem to be this enduring idea among the community, but I can't find any solid lore or art about them.

I always assumed Sea Elves was just a coverall term for any High Elf or Corsair that peasants come across - because they wouldn't strictly know the difference between High/Dark Elves but they sure as shit know the difference between those Sea cunts and the Wood bastards.

>Chaos Dwarfs launch a space project to try and land on one of the moons.

I'd like to see more from a campaign or battle arc involving Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs, Skaven and Lizardmen having a Space Race.

There's a bit of lore about the Lizardmen working to destroy a Skaven rocket - I don't know if it was a space-going rocket or a city-exploding rocket, but imagine if it was the former and the Lizardmen didn't manage to stop it. Obviously the Lizardmen would chase after them to keep the Great Plan working.

Not sure how you'd rope the other races in, but it's a start. Make up a campaign fluff and have some fun with it.

I might be able to swing it - the Dwarfs in my game have set up an underwater mining colony, there's a trading post set up by a mercenary outfit in the Dark Beneath and the Chaos Dwarfs are less 'lolchaos' and more 'MagiTechSupremacy'. And the Doomstones are still a thing.

So, tap in the Chaos Dwarfs using Doomstone based tech to try and establish air dominance after the Spirit of Grungni hits the scene and launches a dwarf into space.

Slann are on instant defensive, trying to shoot the thing down. Skaven steal some shit and try to retrofit it into landing on a moon.

Dwarfs find out about what their desert cousins are up to, and a branch of slayer-geneers start working on something to scuttle their project.

So Norsca is going to be unveiled on Wednesday next week for TWW. Apparently it's armylist is going to be something we've never seen, and is the first non-codex force in the game. If anyones familiar with the lore, do they know what can we expect besides vikings?

Werewolves. We can expect werewolves.

>new trailer for dark elves just came out
>didn't make a dark elf edition
>didn't include a trailer
Biased?

Go to: There was already a thread specifically for the new Dark Elf trailer.

If we're lucky, we'll see a Chaos Optional army list - something that will allow you to choose whether or not you want to be worshippers of chaos.

Additionally, expect Yetis and maaaaaybe Norse Dwarf units.

If they're even considering Norse Dwarf flavorings, then they should do something with Kislev. I mean, come on - it's Kislev. What is Chaos without a Kislev to smash through?

Hell, I'm still pained that the Border Princes and Tilea aren't a collection of rival princedoms.

Well Tilea I can understand at least, but the Border Princes could easily be a series of single-territory kingdoms - you could even start them off in an alliance with each other as a sort of confederation. And Estalia needs to have a northern and southern kingdom.

>Diocletia's Wall

Played a couple of games. Had some promise but wfb is much more fun imo.

hey man, thanks for this run down. It's really useful

I think Mordheim is great as both a break away from WFB, and as a smaller hook to get people into the hobby. Less work to make a warband, more flavour and you're more likely to get attached to the characters you create.

Did the Warhammer world have the equivalent of Romans at any point? Ancient Tileans settling in Albion?

Remas/Tylos.

Some vague mentions of an Empire in the Tilean area that was the source of Classical. Aside from that, Elves and Dwarves arguably act as Romans for parts of the setting.

There is Latin in setting which is called Old World Classical. Empire uses it often in mottoes.

Dwarfs wouldn't care enough to reach the moon

Contrary to Skaven, dwaren technology, albeit trustworthy, isbasically frozen in time because dwarves are too retarded to actually make any progress

If there is a space race, Skaven would probably win it by sheer ingenuity and trial and error

How did they even make progress in the first place? Did the old ones teach them how to make guns?

Yetis and Werewolves

The Skaven would definitely get there, but the dwarfs would have enough clout to know that would be a Bad Thing and act to stop it - not necessarily trying to get there first.

>dwaren technology, albeit trustworthy, isbasically frozen in time

As a culture, sure. But individually not so much. You've got submarines, zepplins, a range of gyrocopters, power fists...Engineers-turned-Slayers tend to push the envelope.

Not as much as the lightning throwing Ratmen, but still.

Not likely, firearms didn't pop up until a while after the War of Vengeance.

They came up with the first guns and cannons due to necessity in the Time of Woes, basically draining what remained of their ingenuity. They spent the next thousand years perfecting that shit but never cared about doing something new.

The Engeneers are the ones who actually try and do something new from time to time, but their projects are usually shot down by traditionalist and uber-conservaties inside their own guild.
One in a thousand cases is accepted, like the gyrocopter, but it's an extremely rare thing. Also, withthe time dwarves take to test things out, their newest innovation become quickly obsolete because they even see mass production.

Another thing that gimps their efforts is that dwarf engeneers are proud and jealous assholes who never tell anyone about their greatest projects.Look at Burlok's mechanical arm. It's perfect, but nobody save him knows how to make it. Or the steam train that was used in the Underway to move people and rsources. Now that the Underway went down, nobody even cares about making another train, despite his clear usefulness

was intended for

I don't have source for this, but I think i read once somewhere that once a Dwarf Engineer came up with the steamversion of telephone, but when he discovered the skaven invented it first, he destroyed his own project because he didn't want other dwarves to think he copied from the ratmen, basically preventing the dwarf race of a extremely useful technology

One of my player wants to play a prostitute in WFRP but I couldn't find a homebrew for it nor an entrance in any of the compendiums. What would you suggest.

You have to remember that everything 'new' in the dwarven arsenal has undergone centuries of testing already. If some Engineer has the gall to try and use something that he invented within his own lifetime aside from for tests, he'd be the laughing stock of the Engineer's Guild - and probably kicked out, too. Dwarven Engineers in general are a bunch of pricks that will criticize even the most minor of flaws - or make up criticisms, going out of their way to harm an invention and then say that it should have held up better. And even when it's great, it's new, and new is a flaw. So they'll probably wait until after you're long dead to accept it.

They do make progress, and have been making progress, it's just glacial, almost stupidly glacial. And then even when it is given the green light, you have grumbling dwarves that refuse to use anything new-fangled and stick to crossbows and catapults and other tried-but-true tech. Which must be as mind-boggling as inventing the car, and then having people refuse to use anything other than a chariot - saddles are too new, you know.

Bawd, Entertainer, Raconteur.

There's a career for it in WFRP

Two actually, one is Tavern Wench,the other is Camp Follower
Camp Follower is probably your best bet

Anything with an entertainment or social focus - other anons have good suggestions so far. Could also try Agitator if you want more of a street-hawker feel, maybe a Valet if you want a higher-status clientele.

First of, how do you know it's Norsca? In terms of suitability for the upcoming expansion Tilea would work just as well if not better and are in greater need of getting some attention if we want a lorr accurate Tilea.

In terms of what we can expect from a redesigned Norsca some of these units would work wonders to distinguish them from WoC while making them an imposing faction of Chaos:
Ice Trolls
Khornate Berserkers
Bear shapeshifters - lorewide there's a whole tribe of them in Norsca IIRC.
Seidrs ( I think that that's the correct lore name)- Female witches and prophetesses, would make a neat hero sorcerer.
Huskarls - Norscan take on Warriors of Chaos.
Ulfwerener - Warriors who can shapeshift into half man-half wolves.
Werewolves.

Obligatory legendary hero would be Wulfrik the Wanderer - A chaos champion stupid and drunken enough to boast to the gods that he was the best fighter in the world. The gods cursed him to prove it and also gave him the capacity to sling the most horrific of taunts in whatever language existing. Thus Wulfrik sails the seas with his viking ship and followers looking for fights throughout the world.

Here's a good story about one of the greatest Chaos Lords that've came out of Norsca:
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Egil_Styrbjorn

>Egil
>Not Mortkin

Plebean pls

>woman in Bretonnia
>clearly breaking all the rules of Bretonnian dress for women - not wearing a dress, wearing breeches, showing off her hair

Explain this.

Nobody gives a shit about how you dress if you're a paesant, especially if you're some sort of rutheless bastard that is used to fending off orcs and other nasty shit with a stick

>peasants
>people.

>Not understanding what "one of the greatest" means.

Self-hating plebeian please.
You probably voted for the populares and your father spends his time standing in line in the bread queue.

Being this wrong.
Not dressing according to the societal norms regarding your status is tantamount to rebellion.

>Caring about how a Carcassonne Sheperd dresses
>A Carcassonne Sheperd
>Basically hermits

Ok

Brettonians turn a blind eye to shepherds/mercnaeiws-by-another-name.

>Egil Styrbjorn
>Not being the absolute minimum required to be a Chaos Lord

It's almost like you don't think Chaos Lords are chosen of Chaos

>Not thinking that an extremely religious and hierarchical society would implement sumptuary laws.

Ok.

>Bretonnia
>Having sense

Bretonnian noble society and paesant society are two completely different things. As long as paesants pay their taxes, do what they're told to do and don't try to gut the tax collector, Bretonnian nobles don't care about them in the slightest

>It's almost like you don't think Chaos Lords are chosen of Chaos.

It's almost like you don't think that being born in the purple is evidence of his chosen nature.

Read the fluff for Giants of Albion.

Halflings are already in the setting, anonymous.

If anything, Kislev should have come BEFORE Norsca. They have way more known variety. Light, mobile cannons. Battle wagons. Winged lancers, with the elite Gryphon Legion. Kossars, who fight with great bows and two-handers. Streltsi, elite Kossars with arquebus and bardiche. Ungol horse archers. Priests of Ursun fighting side by side with berserking tamed bears. Priests of Daxh bringing the fire and Tor bringing the thunder. Hag witches summoning shrieking oblast spirits. Ice Witches freezing the shit out of Chaos queers. Tsar Boris riding a giant fucking bear. The Ice Queen being a bad-ass kyazak-freezing bitch. Tzarina Katarin the Bloody being a vampire lunatic.

In 2e? Entertainer or Camp Follower for basic career. Head for Courtesan.

Shepherdesses of Carcassonne get a number of social exceptions to the rules, and even the (local) nobles tolerate it.

Peasant women are more prone to cutting their hair short than elaborately covering it, by the by.

Last time you bastards gave me no help, so now im going to try again with MORE VITRIOL

What do you guys think of this statline for a hand held harpoon launcher?

Harpoon Launcher (handheld)
Cost: 60 gc
Encumberance: 50
Group: Gunpowder
Damage: 4
Range: 8/16
reload: 2 full
Qualities; Impact, Unreliable, Special
Availability: Very rare

Harpoon Launchers are specialised for taking down the big beasts of the sea, but anything that can maim a whale can also kill a norscan.
Common practise is to tie the harpoon by a rope to the launcher, in order to keep hold of whatever is pierced.

With 2 degrees of success on the balistic skill check, A creature that is hit by the roped harpoon may attempt to dislodge the harpoon, but must succeed a sucessful willpower test and suffer an additional D10 damage, which may have ulrics fury due to the pain and trauma of removing the device. Alternatively, if intelligent the creature may roll an opposed strength roll with a -10% penalty to pull the launcher from its owners hands,

Once hooked, the owner may choose to pull on the launcher, causing d10 + sb-4 wounds, and on a sucessful opposed strength test draging the prey 1 square.

A harpoon costs 25 shillings, equal to a javelin.

An explosive harpoon costs 8 gc, the same as a bomb, and causes 8 damage instead. An explosive harpoon should not be roped, if simply for the loss of rope.

>which may have ulrics fury

Whose WS is this being rolled on?

Such wasted potential, kinda saddening really

It doesn't make much sense for it to be a gunpowder weapon when the gunpowder will almost certainly get wet from the ocean spray let alone the waves constantly crashing over the whalers (remember whaling is done in boats, not ships ie rowboat sized)

Make it a heavy crossbow type weapon if you must, but thrown harpoons are even more badass imo

No weapon skill needed, the harpoon is lodged in the flesh of the victim

Thrown harpoons exist and I am statting the same as Javelins.

The thing is, gunpowder harpoon launchers were a real thing, so I dont think it doesnt make sense

Brutal. Do they get armor against those wounds?

Yee.

That'll break it.

My instinct says no, since that wouldnt make a lot of sense given its already lodged

Do you mean gameplay wise or physically?

>It is the Slann who maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.

Nope.
What keeps daemons is bay is the vortex draining magic from the world.

Gameplay wise. Remove Ulric on lodge damage and it's golden.

I bow to your wisdom!

Update the warhammer wiki then, user.

Why are you reading stuff from an online wiki, jackass? The sources are here for free.

No need to be a cuntanon. And generally speaking, the warhammer wiki gets its info from the same stuff we have here.

Dumbass
The Slann help keep the vortex up and running, ie:
>maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.

>maintain

Mordheim is fun if you have a group of regulars, not as good for pickup play. Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum has a small but very dedicated group, and people really encourage the narrative/hobby aspect of the game.

I can't be the only one who finds the lizfags dumb/boring and wish they didn't exist.

Only furfag side of them annoys me.

Thanks. I have printed the old 1st. ed. GM's screen one, but it's of little usefullnes (whlist nostalgic).

I have a going club, marvel of a game for running campaigns.