Secret Hitler

Name a better party game than this.

Pro tip: you can't.

inb400+posts and saged.

You are correct, I cannot.
But I'm not very experienced. CAH is fun but crude and a shit game, Snake Oil requires too much improv talent from me, but SH I have played loads of and want to play loads more of.

Cards Against Humanity. BAM!

I know one that is better, but it isn't tabletop.
Quiplash

Deduction games are all just different flavors of trash

The Resistance is pretty cool too.

Cash and Guns.

That game gets old fast m8.

Always felt like deduction only gets you so far in this game, and luck is the thing that truly matters.

Fiasco feels like a party game.

Cards Against Humanity is an awful game, but it's a peerless tool for breaking down social barriers.

Coup is my go to. Learn it in 1 round, rounds last about 10 minutes tops, can support up to 8 or 9 people with the expansion. Easy to take anywhere, fits in your pocket.

Gloom, anyone?

I'm with you for coup its a great choice for that 20 minutes from most players being there until.that one guy whose work/wife/kids makes him a bit late gets there. Then he comes and you swing right into session and nobody was bored just playing on their phone or wtv

There's literally nothing good about CAH. You get more from just playing Apples to Apples wrong, like a not-autistic person

I do adore Secret Hitler. As much as my group loved The Resistance and Avalon, Secret Hitler has pretty much entirely replaced it. It does the same thing but the way it works is just... Straight up better, at least in our experience.

Of course you can't just think it through, that's the whole point. But it's not blind luck either. If playing, say, The Resistance, and a mission fails, you know that there's an agent in that group of people, that's a fact. So now what do you do with that fact?

Eh nah, it actually requires a bit more investment than just sitting down talking shit - unless your parties consist entirely of dudes who already play RPGs

Cards is alright if everyone knows the obvious combinations, forcing people to be clever.

I have found Coup has great potential to hijack the session, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yeah, but that's just a testament to how good it is, and we're talkin party games

My group's snowflake homebrew version of Bang that changes basically everything is the best party game and you can't prove me wrong.

Secret Hitler was super fun when I played it. Was fortunate enough to have a group of 10 during our games.

Gets old slower than most games. Not a game I'd want to play every party, but when you do get to playing, it's easy to play the whole night without getting stale.

Secret Hitler is the most fucking fun I've ever had and a group of 8 of us played it nearly every single night of senior year of uni

The cards make it blind luck. If you get a red card you know that one or both of the players is a fascist... or that they got a three red card hand and now two liberals are going to be suspicious for no reason.

Duke is op

three kingdoms bang is a lot of fun, never played the original though

I'd much rather play Telestrations or Codenames desu

I picked up exploding kittens recently and I'm pretty impressed with it. Not exactly a crazy strategy game, but it keeps everyone on edge once the first one is drawn.

One night werewolf is a good one, but it takes a little bit of learning so it's not always best for parties.

Reformation helps

And since there's a finite amount of cards, the more liberal or fascist laws are implemented, the less of those cards are in the deck and more of the other will be available. You can try and keep tally on the cards drawn, though it relies on people telling you what they got being accurate.

So it's perfectly reasonable for you to pull 3 red cards if there's already been several blue cards. And this gives any fascist an excuse to play that one red card they got. And by claiming that it was 3 red cards, you fuck with the tally and can drop shade on some liberals pulling 3 red cards.

Underrated post.

We had a Chinese kid at our college with a copy of Three Kingdoms. When he left and took it with us, we bought Bang only to find to our horror that a lot of gameplay mechanics were really different. So we basically merged Bang with what we remember of Three Kingdoms, some of which might already have been houseruling, and since then have gone through like a year of errating characters and making our own to mold a game that's perfect for us.

To be fair, the Jackbox games are essentially board games. The board is just the TV.

Some Werewolf/Mafia-likes are also worthwhile - they can end up more random and can be better if you're group isn't as much into pure deduction (ex. Shadow Hunters).

There's also a lot of other party game vocab-focused classics - Taboo, Apples to Apples, Anomia, etc.