>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Impervious Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/jQGmnFx
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en_GB
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/image-resizer-free/id824057618?mt=8
computerhope.com/issues/ch000989.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCK THESE GODDAMN ORNATE MODELS.

I cut off those stupid fucking television antennas on their shoulders, and the search lights. Fuck you GW and your "too much is never enough" approach to detail.

Rate my blood letters, too lazy to highlight. Also my first ever batch of painting

>Rate my blood letters, too lazy to highlight.

CAN'T SEE SHIT, CAP'N!

Oi WIP. What do you think? Last time i post this before I retreat to fish my backlog. Been trying yo get better and you guys have been good to me so far

NOT AN INCH OF PRETENTIOUS OVER COMPLEXITY ABOUT THEM

>cutting off the targeter
>disliking aliens style shoulder lamps

I wish I had bought some before they became stupidly expensive on eBay.

I like it, though you should feel ashamed for watching new family guy

Looks awesome

Cheers lad. Yeah it was a dark time

>those
>ornate
Never paint the new Thousand Sons

What are your guys thoughts on pre shading? Spraying it black then spraying white from a 45 degree angle down

>disliking shoulder searchlight

I say we abandon thread and ban user from the site.

It's the only way to be sure

NO PLEASE! Not the stupid useless shoulder light!

>Australian Abaddon Gaurdsmen

Is this flame effect acceptable?

Speaking of which, I've had this fellow in painting limbo for quite some time now with loads of detail work to go.
Now that we know Hathor Maat is dead I'll have to make up some new lore for who he is though.

I feel like the lower flame could use some highlighting on the ridges of the yellow parts.

What would you hit it with?

THIN

The same yellow colour with a bit of white added in might do it. I rarely have occasion to paint flames so this is just my general approach to highlighting.

So I'm finally getting around to orkifying a baneblade I rescued off ebay, the thing looks like it was put together by a blind 12 year old, including about $50 worth of super glue. Speaking of which, I just threw it into the freezer, I'm thinking overnight should be enough but there is a ton of glue, anyone know how long I should leave it in for?

Pic related, the bandeblade pre-freezer

Sick, thanks I'll look into that when I get home.

Freezer?

>bad taste
>doesn't know what targeters are
>paints with lumpy sandpaper
you're really updating my journal

To break the super glue off

Yeah sorry about the crusty paint job but I was a NEET when I first started painting and decided to use Walmart acrylics to save money.

Huh, I've never heard of doing that/

It's because Disney is buying them all up to destroy ever since they successfully copyrighted the term "Stormtrooper"

Yes you have. Just now.

Well, evidently.

I forgot to mention I left them out in the open for a year, so pardon the cat hairs.

reposting

Wargames General is a discord server that focuses on tabletop miniature games and RPG. We've got a pretty lively server with lots of people contribootin to our WIP channel.

discord.gg/jQGmnFx

It wouldn't be a day with a Y in it without you reposting your stuff in /wip/ fella...

No harm no foul

no replies last thread, so posting my kitbash primaris psyker

Why the long face?

>(3.21 MB, 4032x3024)

>(2.75 MB, 4032x3024)

(3.13 MB, 4608x2592)

>
(3.2 MB, 4608x2592)

>(3.11 MB, 4032x3024)

Guys, please stop this.

>Android: Photo Resizer.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en_GB

>Apple: Photo Resizer
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/image-resizer-free/id824057618?mt=8

>How to crop a photo
computerhope.com/issues/ch000989.htm

Im sick of this autistic user. What is even your issue? Does it take too long to load for you or something?

Looks like he took a massive hit from a weed injection

Not even him but i really don't think its that out of the question to shrink your 6mb 5000x5000 image of your paintjob...

No different than typing all in caps, there's no need for a 4032 x 3024 image, that large and that size.

Wasn't even rude.

But user, how else will you see the painstaking detail Guardfags have put into their armies?

That Trygon poster literally put flat orange on top of flat blue after base-coating, washing and then puting a single tier highlight on the bare minumin of the model and not bothering to clear up any blotches of orange he got on the wrong parts of model — you absolutely need 11,000,000 pixels to see this.

The list of models that I need to spray is too damn large.

you're a fucking retard and I feel offended that I share a hobby with you

>youngfag
>wants everythingrightnowâ„¢ (lazy)
>doesn't want to get out what he puts in
I fucking hate this generation

>cutting off of painted models

>never heard of "thin your paints"

>doesn't know what a targeter is

>thinks scions are ornate

you should actually just stop with the hobby

Painting faces is awful and I hate this model so much.

faces are fun

Can't see shit in that tiny image

All I see is a bunch of red silhouettes m80

they're as shit as your lighting

the khorne red paint is still fucking wet, faggot, and you didn't even bother to do anything else lmfao

Getting blasted by warpstorm while being high af. Nice to see the dude in colors. Needs be paler tho

Repostan, what do you think?

Good at a glance but makes me think of pizza up close.

Calm down m8, wip is meant to be comfy place where we show each other minis that we try out best on whether we are pros or noobs. Lets not shit up the thread with your autism ok m8?

>wip is meant to be comfy place where we show each other minis that we try out best on whether
It is MEANT to be, but it's never been that way. Guardfags/broodfags who throw open paintpots at their primed squads then call it a day have always infested these threads.

>board gaming/MTG/roleplaying forum
>no autism

I wish it was possible, but I think the two come as a package.

Look who got featured in WD

Okay well do the WIP thing then user. If you are an experienced painter and can recognise the flaws, tell them in a constructive way that is conducive of growth instead of sperging out.

Some shitty guys nobody has ever heard of?

Lovely work. The brass on the legs is a nice touch.

you know she works for forge world right?

Lol I'm sure I remember her posting these Scions waaaay before 8th, was probably last yeah to be honest. Lovely looking paint jobs though.

>telling a guardfag to take more time on his models
You must be new here

It's easier when you work for FW, who would have guessed? Her troll got featured as well.

A farily regular poster here, savage ork user (well, not so user nox but whatever).

Asking once again for a new thread:

Best 3rd party bitz vendors in terms of sculpt quality?

I recently bought some 3rd party bitz for my army, and I'm finding the sculpt quality somewhat... Lacking. Perhaps I'm just spoiled in that my chosen army is mostly made up of fairly recent GW sculpts, and I for sure should've looked a little closer at the bits before buying, but all the same, what are some good vendors in terms of being as good as/better than GW's sculpts?

A GW staff member got featured in WD? Wow whoa

Here, have a Ogor Hunter instead.

I can vouch for Anvil Industry and puppetswar.
Puppetswar is not as good and a tad more expensive however.
Anvil Industry has confirmed me they were planning on redoing their SM conversion range, to get on scale with Primaris as well, so I keep an eye on them.

Thanks man, pretty much wholesale stole the fw scheme but it was just too cool. Very nice model and due to a shipping error I received double the minis.

>ogor
you wound me

Fucking seahorses. Why you got to be dappled?

youre not the guy still trying to paint 40 of those fucking things are you
what ever happebed to that guy

Thank you.

they will always be ogres in my heart as well

I like your deep blues. What colors do you use for that?

Not that guy but I will be painting at least ten. Maybe more since this is a demon tourney army and I'll take whatever I need.

Who is she, also, what troll is this I hear she painted?

planning to do a bunch of purple washes and then do offwhite layers, like all his energy is being sucked out of him. this is just base layers so far

Good sounding plan! Keep us updated on your progress. Solid work so far

WIP my first marines.

How am i doing anons? I keep having to touch up here and there every five minutes fuck my unsteady hands.

I'd tap that to be honest.
Also, her Greater Demon of Tzeentch is sick as fuck!

thanks, will do!

>thin/normal body weight
>skin isn't greasy and burtsting with hives and acne
>looks like she washed her hair the same day
Nic-
>tattood eyebrows
fug

Come on, I know people say that Numarines are autistic and goofy, but that's taking it to the next level.

It's Vallejo game color magic blue and imperial blue done in 4 layers:
First pure Imperial, then a 4 to 1 imperial/magic mix, then a 1 to 1 mix and lastly pure magic blue.
Additional highlights are then made with a mix of magic blue and Baharroth blue as well as pure Baharroth blue where necessary.
Depending on the look I want I also sometimes lightly wash the first layer of imperial blue with Baal red.

Id say good solid yellow base is done. Now slap on some wash and highlight the fuckers while your at it.

touch your wrists together under the base of the miniature while grasping it with your fingers, also brace your arms on your table/arm rests and you might get some steadier hands.

>Primaris Psyker
>numarine

I kinda don't wanna give them any more washing. That's 5+ layers of Yriel and endless touchups + recess shading. I want them to be gay bright yellow. Highlights still to come.

Thanks user. I think i'm already doing that unconsciously. Guess i just need practice.

I feel you man, as long as you keep practicing youll keep getting better.

Now that I look them closely I can see the washes. Good job nonetheless user. Keep at it!

Show us when youre done highlighting.