"If you actually had a time machine and arrived in ancient Rome you would actually find the taste of Roman wine and...

>"If you actually had a time machine and arrived in ancient Rome you would actually find the taste of Roman wine and beer absolutely disgusting. It would taste somewhat like tree sap with a salty taste."

Memes about the ancient world that need to be put to rest.

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/sugar-of-lead-a-deadly-sweetener-89984487/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tree sap is disgusting
You never had maple syrup?

>the world is more than 6,000 years old

nice proof fuck face

Um, until you acquire a taste for it. (I.E you drink it and get drunk enough times that you associate those pleasant feelings with the initial taste of the drink) all wine and beer is disgusting.

>It would taste somewhat like tree sap with a salty taste."
See, you say that it's gross, but all I can think of is how big salted caramel is today. People go nuts for the salty/sweet thing.

Underage detected

How does that make sense as an insult in this context? Like, if you're implying that user is uneraged and hasn't yet acquired a taste for those things, that just supports his point.

Tastes mature as one gets older. Do you still enjoy the same things you liked as a ten year old?

t. Randall Munroe

t. Stockholm syndrom

And thank the gods for stockholm syndrome, because without it life would be utterly miserable.

>Thank the gods

Cringe

I recall reading somewhere that the original grapes that they used were very sweet, but that the type was wiped out.

you're wrong. There's lots of shitty beers and wines out there, you gotta find one that you like.

Well, the beer would not taste at all like modern day beer. Hop is a modern thing.

Yeah, no.

Back in college I thought that beer was disgusting and you needed to acquire a taste for it, too. I went years without drinking any beer at all, having only once or twice tried Budweiser and/or Miller and hating it. Then for a reason I can't remember I decided to give Abita Purple Haze a try.

Beer can and does taste good, you just have to find some beer that isn't complete shit. Most of the big name American and UK beers are complete shit. Find smaller batch stuff, it's usually decent.

>a knight in full plate would be cut to pieces by a Samurai Katana.

I'v tried a few Gruits and they're pretty good. Sadly it seems their revival was mostly a 2015 thing and they're hard to find currently.

There's hopless Goses but they're not quite the same

>you could just go around murdering and raping people back then

Lol and today you drink alcohol when your thirsty. t. a non drinking user

>he says on a forum about traditional games

But you can taste things that are good without getting hooked on Alcohol.

No, he'd be pushed over by the samurai's graceful martial arts and be unable to stand up.

Skill and dignity over brutish power and unbalancing weight

>Hooked on alcohol.

Having a few pints of delicious beer isn't going to make you into an addict. What are you, 12?

And the reason you try and push booze on people is because deep down it makes you hate yourself that they don't need it as a crutch to enjoy themselves.

>all wine and beer is disgusting
t. low-test cuck

The wine would taste quite sweet. Because it's laced with lead.

smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/sugar-of-lead-a-deadly-sweetener-89984487/
>to sweeten wine, and the aristocratic segments of the population could toss back as much as two liters a day (about three bottles’ worth, although wine was usually diluted with water).

>All plate is made of high-grade steel.

C'mon user. I'm the first to say samurais used rocket-launching muskets, but munition grade armor was a thing and not all knights could afford the good stuff.

>samurai are skillfull and dignified
>knights are brutish, focus only on power, and their armor makes them unbalanced.

Alcohol consumption lowers testosterone production.

YOU ARE THE ON THAT IS THE LOW TEST, BRAH!

>So brutish and unintelligent they don't even know how to hold their sword properly

Eh, to a degree, hopless stuff is less bad overall.

I wouldn't believe this guy was serious, but then I remembered Americans had prohibition.

Still, underage should get out.

Wait, how can you mention prohibition and then claim anyone who is against alcohol has to be younger than 18?

That's one hell of a logical disconnection has too much alcohol rotted your brain?.

Project much?

I've been enjoying cider since I was 12, I'm 28 now.

Prohibition was a retarded action.
Retards do not have an adult mind.
This includes many Americans.

It's not hard, r-tard.

I was the same as you, it was my first DnD playgroup where someone introduced me to Beavertown and I've been a disgusting craft beer dickhead ever since.

I do associate Neck Oil with playing my first character which is nice.

>samurai hated guns because it was dishonorabu

>r-tard
The fuck? you scared to call someone a retard on Veeky Forums? Its alright you can curse here, no need to try so hard to fit in.

And the autist doesn't know how rhyme works.
Why am I not surprised?

>thinks he can go back and bang a bunch of hot ancient women
>most of them ugly as fuck by modern standards
>hairy
>in the majority of places you go to, probably smells like shit and doesn't brush teeth

Well the guy who was famous for bringing guns into the picture was pretty infamous for being dishonorabu, so there's SOME basis in that

>katanas where made from high-grade steel
Japan din't have enough metal to make high grade swords. Why do you think they barely had any metal armor? All the metal had to be used for weapons. This was also the reason why katanas where folded so much. The steel was so shit, it needed to folded a hundred times to be effective.

No, he was making it fit the cadence of the sentence. "It isn't hard, R-tard" fits better than "It isn't hard retard" It puts the emphasis on the Ard in Hard and Tard.

Japan was the biggest producer of guns in the world in the 16th century. People forget that for some reason.

Oh shit, is that fucking furigana?

Because the rhyme was so shitty.

>go back in time
>die of dysentery

Autists calling autists autists.

Just get your future inoculations before jumping back in time, like when you are travelling to a country where the water is a bit funny and the people a little bit brown.

1. You're still proving his point.
2. You're on the wrong board and the wrong site for asking that question.

>>So brutish and unintelligent they don't even know how to hold their sword properly
Those are how you hold a sword if you want to hurt some one wearing full plate with it.

>all wine and beer is disgusting.
take this (you), mudslime sandnigger

Yeah user, I'm sure they did just fine before germ theory, pasteurization, or the use of hops and sulfates. I'm just as certain that the discovery that yeast was a living thing (which didn't happen until the 1860's) had absolutely no effect on the industry, and that every single brewer in Rome carefully controlled their ferments, especially during those hot Mediterranean summers.
It wasn't maple syrup, though. It was pine resin.

>you gotta find one that you like
>YOU GOTTA
Why? What happens if I don't? Is it illegal to not drink alcohol?
If so, is there any way I can sample EVERY type of alcohol in the world in one sitting and be sure which one is for me, or do I have to spend my entire life buying bottle after bottle after bottle and throwing them all away after one taste, on the off chance I randomly find the correct one?
At some point after tasting 100+ types of alcohol I'm just not interested anymore.

>It wasn't maple syrup, though. It was pine resin.
I've had hopless spruce beer. That stuff is pretty good.

Speak for yourself. I liked beer the first time I had it, and that wasn't even getting drunk, just one drink with dinner.

Which was totally what we were talking about, right?

Japanese armor was metal, though. It's a complete myth that samurai armor was wooden, it was actually lacquered metal plates, lamellar style.

>HELLO I AM A WALKING PSA BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE SCARE TACTICS ENGINEERED BY BUSYBODIES PLEASE TAKE MY OPINION SERIOUSLY

Sure thing sport. "Your" opinions matter.

You actually seem triggered.

>now projection

Ok, sluggerino.

How can I figure out which type of beer in the one for me, WITHOUT drinking every type of beer in the world? I need a non-random way to narrow down the options.

It's fine if you don't like it but you ar projecting if you think everyone has your problem.

I suppose by figuring out what non-beer things you like and getting someone to recommend a beer that either tastes like those things or pairs well with them.

If you like Gamey burgers like bison, venison, or boar try splashing them with some Moosehead for example. (May work with normal burgers too, haven't tried it that way yet.)

Hory shit, you're an idiot. They had metal armour. Their steel was perfectly fine once they got it to the point where it was used to make things, it just took more effort because they weren't pulling sweet ass metal nugs from the ground.

Bait

>How can I figure out which type of beer in the one for me, WITHOUT drinking every type of beer in the world?

Does this help?

Seriously though, take beer as a whole and start lopping off limbs.

Try a bitter (hoppy) beer. Don't like it? Lop off IPAs and imperial stouts.
Try a lager. Don't like it? Lop off all the pilsners and their comrades.
So too with "British-style" ales (ESB, porters..)
So too with "fruit beers"
So too with wheat beers
So too with stouts
So too with the Belgians

Find representative beers. A single beer can give you a pretty good idea of what you're in for in a given style, or even a constellation of styles.

No reallywas disproportionately harsh.

Alcohol can't cause permanent brain damage, dumbass.

There are other bitter types that aren't specifically hoppy.

Actually, it can but you'd need a borderline lethal amount.

>Abita Purple Haze

My nigga

Wait, what?

Do you really think any sword could slice through metal armor?

>1. You're still proving his point.

Not really. Our tastes do change as we grow older, and it has nothing to do with the association process user there claimed.

Not that guy, but the guy he was mocking does seriously sound like a PSA.

sXe is the original X card

>it has nothing to do with the association process

It's the parasites inside us. They change our bodies; make us want to eat what they want to eat. These parasites grow stronger as we age.

Hops contain of chemical that mimics the hormone estrogen that in this case, specifically help and develop the growth of breasts, so much so that if you ever see breast growth pills- their main ingredient is usually hops.

Kek. Underrated.

where's the "I have no idea lmao" column?

I mean they gotta super concentrate it, but yea I generally avoid hoppy beer for that.

In medieval England taverns and inns where you could rent a room were rare outside of large cities. Usually a traveller would pay a peasant to share his bed (no homo).

Which is why faggot hipsters love IPAs

>doesn't taste like rotten grapes and lead poisoning

Obviously confused.

This is true

If I drink I have to load it up with sugar to make it bearable.

For the most part I just plain well don't drink.

>samurai armor was wooden
i have literally never ever heard that. Its always been metal plates or some kind of weird tunic thing that has plates sewn in or some kind of padded armor

For that matter coffee by itself is also disgusting, and tea tastes little different from slightly flavoured expensive water.

This shit's all meme drinks, but normies are addicted to the drug content and lie to themselves and others about the taste. These drinks don't taste good. You drink alcohol to get high. You drink coffee and tea to get high. Stop lying to yourselves, normies.

You want a real drink?
It's called water.

Lead has a sweet taste

Shit with alcohol is good because it kills shit

>coffee by itself is also disgusting
Nigger, I'll fucking cut you. Black coffee is delicious. If you put sugar in it, you're not welcome in my house.

It's not delicious, it's bitter. Which is your body trying to tell you that it's poisonous.

What if I throw a little cream in there?

Oh God, I drank a bunch of these:

>At 11% ABV with calculated theoretical IBUs of 533 the Monster is NOT to be messed with. Pummeled with 11 lbs/bbl of hops there’s little doubt ‘Messie’ is the hoppiest beer to ever have been brewed in this country. Brewed with hop pellets as well as whole hops throughout each stage of the brewing process the beer is a testament to just how wonderful these glorious flowers can be – it’s been mash-hopped, 1st wort-hopped, hop-bursted and dry-hopped (again and again) with more hops stuffed in there wherever I could fit them.

Explains the budding breasts.

>Explains the budding breasts.
How big are they?

Please tell me this is trolling. I think I'm autistic and I take most things written in text as sincere so please please please tell me you are trolling me right now

>Memes about the ancient world that need to be put to rest.
The whole "Greek statues were painted" thing, not because I don't believe it but because the "this is what they would have looked like" pictures are always so horribly done. It's like they expect me to believe that the (arguably) greatest sculptors ever came to painting their masterpieces and went "sure, whatever, let's let the local kids have some fun with it, who cares."