Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Space Marine Edition

>FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Primaris marines are cute.

First for best legion

Buddy, you've painted your Sky Sentinels all wrong.

They look like this.

3rd for da Goffs

please guys I would like some more input on Pic Related.What do you think ?

>mfw GW give them [Imperium]

Good luck mang, keep us posted on how it worked out.

I always loved the THICC butt of the Praetor.

It looks like it can seriously BTFO flyers. but its not astounding by any means.

>talking about marine stuff
>interjects with gaurdshit
Also 200 hb shots is not more BRRRRRT.

As SM/IG, how important are flamers in 8E? Are combi-flamers, flamers on razorbacks etc worth it? How many would you generally need?

200 HB shit for only 800points, Gue'la.

Forgot to ask, how are Vendettas in 8E?

Everyone rides into the Valkyrie. Opponent automatically defeated by Broforce.

HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz [4 PL, 100pts]
Inquisitor Greyfax [5 PL, 85pts]
Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken [5 PL, 90pts]
Commissar Yarrick [7 PL, 130pts]
Lord Castellan Creed [4 PL, 70pts]
Uriah Jacobus [5 PL, 100pts]

Elites
Colour Sergeant Kell [3 PL, 50pts]
Nork Deddog [4 PL, 80pts]
Sergeant Harker [3 PL, 50pts]

Flyer
Valkyries [10 PL, 178pts]
2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Multi-laser, 2x Heavy Bolters

Overpriced for what they do. Maybe if they were half points they could work.

Its essentially two weak basilisks and a space marine hunter taped together.

Praetor curves are the best

Best way to transport infantry using magnets?

Thinking either magnets on the bases with a steel bottom container or washers on the bases with some kind of magnetic bottom container.

Not sure what I would use to get a magnetic container though...

Alright, hows this look for 1000 of Dark Eldar?

Archon: Blaster, Agonizer, Phantasm Grenades
Sslyth x 2
Medusae x 2

Kabalite Warrior x 5 w/Blaster
Kabalite Warrior x 5 w/Blaster
Kabalite Warrior x 10 w/Blaster and Shredder Cannon

Raider with Dark Lance x 2

Venom with Splinter Cannon x 2

Scourge x 5 Shardcarbines

Reavers x 6 with Heat Lance x 2 and Grav-talon x 2 and Painbringer

Comes to an even 1000 points.

The idea is 10 warriors in one Raider, 5 warriors and the Archon and pals in the other, last 5 in the Venom. Scourges find a good spot to mow down infantry and the Reavers go around back to hunt tanks and characters.

I'm not sure of the best way to use the Reavers though, and wondering if maybe they're better as a screen; maybe switch out the Grav-talons for caltrops.

Also thinking of dropping some or all of the Reavers and/or Scourges to turn one of the 5 man warrior teams into Trueborn with 2 blasters and 2 splinter cannons and have them drive about in the Venom unleashing hell on likely targets.

Trying to not go too deep into Wych or Coven stuff for now, but I'll probably pick up some eventually, I'm aware I'm light on melee right now.

>npc race

>edge eldar

Magnets on the bases. You can get 100 magnets on amazon for like 7 bucks

1mm steel sheets are also very cheap. I bought a few 6" by 18" sheets for less than four dollars each

>go to a hardware store
>be a man
>buy a metal box
>be a man
>put magnets under the base
>be a man
>add some stones or something heavy
>be a man
>now you have a proper transport for your models

Because fuckinng robobrains are smarter than the Emperor, herecy.

What did you use to cut the steel to size, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I can do the job as well as I'd like with an angle grinder.

Comissioned by a literal Son of the Emperor you double heretic

go to any furniture stire they have free things to cut steel, wood and whatever just outside the shop.
If you are french go to castorama

Looks pretty fun mate! Let us know how it goes later.

>What did you use to cut the steel to size
Differentanon here, I used tin snips to cut my sheet to size.

I agree that I don't like them in general, the high chance of rolling minimum hits sucks really bad. It is pretty great when some poor fucker charges a unit with three flamers and gets roasted on overwatch though, but the range on flamers also makes them worthless against any of the units that deepstrike in outside of 9".

All in all, not great, imo.

Do you think Black Templars would be cool with Primaris?

Coming at the argument from the idea that they're used to training new battle brothers on the field in mixed combat groups and then all of a sudden ...

Soon

Yes, every chapter gets primaris marines now, so go nuts.

Yep, there's even official art of BT primaris marines now too.

Right I know they DO get them, just from a lore perspective it seems a lot different than the way they've been training and building their chapter since it broke post HH.

Thanks user; it'll be a couple of weeks yet before I can put them into action, but I'll be putting them together soon and wanted to get a feel of how they might play out. Haven't played in a loooong time.

>Every Initiate is ordered to take a Primaris Marine as a Neophyte in addition to their regular neophyte.
>Crusader Squads can add Primaris Neophytes in addition to classic scout neophyte.
>Crusader squads can now be 30 strong.

Literally not a single chapter doesn't trust Guilliman and his Primaris Marines. If Lion or Russ came along and says GUYS I'VE MADE ALL THIS COOL SHIT there'd be a lot more misgivings than there were with Guilliman, and even those misgivings were quashed as soon as they met with Guilliman and his chadmarines in person.

Even the Dark Angels of all chapters accepted them quite happily.

>States any of the sons of the emperor can be greater than him.

It's been a century of crazy last-ditch effort fighting for all the chapters as they literally try to hold the galaxy together as chaos literally tries to tear it apart. The reinforcements in the form of primaris marines aren't coming along because every chapter wanted them, they are coming along because every chapter needed them to serve as a disposable bulwark against the encroaching darkness.

Cool idea.
Wont happen.

It's heresy to imply that the Emperor would not trust his own Son with the future of the Imperium. Do you not trust in the Emperor as he trusts in his own?

After the grey knights, what is the cheapest army to get 1500 points?

Deathwing

Primaris, easily.

Doesn't DI say that some chapters weren't accepting of the new marines? (but that this wasn't generally the case)

Just saw the latest Arch vid. How fucked is the Inqusitor that put a hit out on the Celestial Lions now that they are restocked up with Marines 1.5?

Combi-flamers are nice for getting to fire the flamer compinents, and at the saame time Rapid Fire the bolter component with only -1 to hit on the latter, vut overall flameers aren't great. From SM POV, only Vulkan makes em worthwhile, and you can only have so many squads within 6"

None fucked because they have no proof about any Inquisitorial action.

Could you at least be slightly more subtle with the samefagging? 2 memearrow shitposts within 65 seconds are a bit too on the nose, m8

dunno, might be dead, a hundred years have passed minimum

Yeah but apparently its none of the currently named ones.

sorry senpai, I know you don't know this yet but most of your chapter are alpha legionnaires

Not at first they weren't. And the AM were close to excommunicating Cawl but then Guilliman said "In my time we actually invented shit so Cawl is better than u" and he created accidentally new Chaos God called Blaw'nthe Fuhko'wt

>Do you think Black Templars would be cool with Primaris?

Black templars are not cool with anything

they're pretty fun guys

>*Blacks your path*

What do?

>Blaw'nthe Fuhko'wt
Kek

Go back to africa you filthy nigger or I'll cut off your welfare check.

Only ones that could win a rage contest with Angry marines or Zerkers

*steals geneseed* ayo ayo we wuz salamanders nd shieettt

Cool meme user, have an upvote.

Now I want to see art of a BT, a Death Company marine, an Angry Marine, and a Zerker chilling with some beers, playing poker

Give him a hug and say sorry if he hates my xeno girlfriend.

KRUMP 'EM WITH A WAAAGH! BLAST

If he's pissed at me I fucking deserve it since he's such a swell dude.

Wonder why the African-Nocturnian gentleman clobbered his mates to death.

Perty best Primarch, Dorn a shit

You forgot
>be swift like a coursing river

he a good boy n shiet he dindu nuffin
neede moa money fo dem geneseeds n shiet

>shardcarbine scourges
nice.
I've tried them and they perform well for their points.
Will say it can be better to wait a turn on them coming down if you think there will be a better placement, as they don't do enough damage that you'll miss the turn of shooting vs having them to grab an objective.

I mainly play CW so I can't tell you much about the rest.

how are you finding the site so far, newfriend?

What´s written on the card in his hand?

Combi-flamer is as good as a non oc plasma gun, 2/.75 vs guard and meq compared to 1.11/.74 for plasma. Very good for Spacewolf/Deathwatch veterans.

dis ere space fing is well big innit

Hope he hits me with the hammer, but I know I'm getting 9 million power hugs.

>I can't photoshop

So is there any way to field these or are they legitimately one of the worst units in the game

Autocannon Deredeo, Quad lascannon mortis contemptor or quad autocannon contemptor for buddy-cop to my autocannon+lascannons predator?

Thanks user, I'll keep that in mind for them

so yesterday these two gay guys walked into gdubz and it legit grossed me out-- only because I'm starting to see a lot of gays in this hobby and im beginning to associate this hobby's player base with freaks and betas

A large unit (5+) is RIDICOLOUSLY hard to kill

Their guns are reasonably painful, but their 24" range is a massive pain in the ass.

I want my 36" destroyer back T_T

>autocannon+lascannons predator?

Call in Mike Pence and watch them dissipate like steam in open air.

So putting together scourges some advice.
Here are mine, the paint scheme is because they used to be swooping hawks.

Have the wings painted off the model, there is no way to do so even slightly well if they you assemble first.
You don't need to pin the wings to attach, they secure quite well with just glue.

I used base-wash-drybrush on a couple, and wash painting on the rest. If you're going for a simple theme, or darker colors on the wing drybrush works fine.

If you can, magnetize the armes, at least the weapon arm, as so you can swap in blasters later if you want.

Wow user you should legit tell people that you need a [TRIGGER WARNING] for gays! Such micro-aggressions should not stand!.

Predator cannon is fucking phenomenal, it beats the double lascannon turret against anything that isn't >T8.

You should quit the hobby, user. We're all of us nothing but degenerates, cucks, faggots and betas. Nothing for you here.

Ever wondered if maybe you're the insecure bastard if you can't take it when people like the same hobby as you despite liking different genitals than you?

>zog u

no, hehe. i just dont want to be associated with freaks

>Ever wondered if maybe you're the insecure bastard if you can't take it when people like the same hobby as you despite liking different age groups than you
>Ever wondered if maybe you're the insecure bastard if you can't take it when people like the same hobby as you despite liking different species than you
>Ever wondered if maybe you're the insecure bastard if you can't take it when people like the same hobby as you despite liking different states of life than you
This is what you sound like right now btw. I know he's baiting but this logic is retarded.

>24 inch range is a massive pain in the ass
>On a jump unit no less

>I only play on 28 by 46 foot tables

>What? Universal Split Fire? Never heard of that.

Dude, that Autocannon is magnificent

>predator average shots is 3, can get lower
>lascannon is much stronger, longer range and reliable at 2

Hmm.

How do I use Nobz? What is their role on the battlefield? Should I just slap klaws and big choppas on them and try to slaughter as many enemies as possible? Is there a point of keeping units of 5 in small games like 1000 and 1500pts?

36" allowed them to engage freely while staying out of range of most infantry, with 24" they are subject to retaliation fire.

Warhammer Live is back up, Khorne vs Blue Bird Dude