Horus Heresy General /hhg/

New Sicaran pattern edition
Slowpoke subedition

Nothin of note happened the last time, it seems the general is really dying. This cannot stand - this will not stand.
Kicking it off, what are the legions skilled at subterfuge on a second glance? We all know the AL, RG, NL, but what about the others? White Scars, Dark Angels (Ravenwing), Emperor's Children, can they compete?

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Manlet Heresy

>tank is gorgeous
>turret looks great
>barrels and muzzles are interesting
>gun mount is a shitty door hinge
What the hell, FW?

And the new toy.

>heretech marines
Kill yourself.

If this thread dies as ignobly I propose we bury the general until something changes.

Anyone for?

HH model line just jumped the shark

We have to make the change.
I have a ton of ideas but no time for the realisation. Aside prom painting and modelling, I'd like to make a dynamic ruleset from the ground up for Zone Mortalis and other skirmish variations based on Action Points characteristic.

We GW designed now.

They could have taken the minigun turret from the Mastodon. It could have doubled as an AA options as well. Or make it hull mounted, like Stormlord.

The problem with the Sicaran is that the hull is so tall, that putting any turret with any real mass on it will not look good.

Someone make a "do you love me brother" image with the sicarans

>beheading yout own marines for failing to achieve their objective despite heavy resistance
REEEEEEEEEE Nick Kyme get out of my Iron Hands REEEEEEEEEE

Is there an upload? I'm specifically interested in the short story Unspoken.

I agree, out of all the new designs they chose the worst to release first. The plasma and missile versions look a lot better.

I think the plasma might have worked better with a Land Speeder Vengeance style horizontal guns rather than vertical ones. The missile has a low profile, though why they put such a heavy combat tank on artillery duty seem stupid...

>tfw you have some ideas you haven't implemented in this drought while FW lies turbocucked by GW, but you are too busy to meme around and HHG itself wouldn't pick them up anyway

You try to steal our battlecry, now you are trying to steal our Decimation? REEEEEEE Ferruslets get out!
>Edited by Laurie Gould.
Jej. Written by whom?

I very much preferred the general when they weren't made back to back and had a couple of days downtime in between. The discussions had a lot more substance rather than just talking for talking's sake.

>new fluff deletes old fluff

Unless it's non-BL.

I really want to hear how he's doing with all the Star Wars books and that fandom.

Back in the day releases were more common and we were still discovering stuff. Before the wait for Inferno it was sustainable at least. 'Tis be a drought I say.
Also, the discordS (plural) keep away posts that could very well go in the chans due to instant replies. We're like printed press vs online shittery at this point.

>implying disney would take him

Nah, he works for Riot Games now. Giving us that amazing LoL fluff we all care so much about.

Considering Disney made the Expanded Universe non-cannon...
He'll fit right in that wretched hive of scum and villainy

I am finally ordering some renegade militia torsos from mirandairene to make cultists for my Calth veterans Word Bearers force. I guess the renegade bits are pretty fluff friendly but...What should I avoid when using the cadian bits? Is there something in that kit that wasn't around during the Horus Heresy?

Last I heard he was going to work as an editor for Disney's new line of SW novels. Guess I heard wrong or he didn't work there for very long.

>you are too busy to meme around and HHG itself wouldn't pick them up anyway
Main highlights
>each squad gets AP assigned based on Initiative and Leadership
>AP is used for everything, move, shoot, melee, morale, special actions such as Look Out etc., so for example a squad may spend all its APs to only shoot in one turn, effectively having multiple shooting phases
>models cost X-Y, where X is base point value and Y is the current number of models in the squad
>gameplay is on action-by-action-based, where one player moves, shoots, attacks in melee etc., then another, and so on, the turn only ending when all the APs have been spent or if the player who's the only one having any calls the turn end
What do you think?

I think it's good. But what about melee? It kind of makes me want to spend all my APs in shooting and moving, and then wait for the enemy to try close in melee, spending APs to move towards me

ATM attacking in melee costs AP like any other action, or if automatic Attacks value some bonuses or penalties may apply. This is quite a crucial thing so nothing is definite until it is thoroughly playtested if it gets to that point at all.

Yes it's full f stuff that wasn't there during the heresy. Yoir only option is to buy lots of death korps troopers. You then need to gut off their legs and place the renegade bits on them.

Totally agree. Can't find a photo, but one of the MKA guys made a plasma Sicaran using Deredeo parts. It used them horizontally and it looked better, imo.

>What should I avoid when using the cadian bits?
They're too big, imo. I'd consider Victoria Miniatures.

Where there no loyalist Word Bearers, or were they all just murdered before the Heresy?

>Is there an upload?
It's on audiobookbay

>Written by whom?
It's an anthology but the offending story was by Nick Kyme.

There were plenty of loyalist Word Bearers but Lorgar, Kit Phaeron, and Erebus had 40 years to purge them so there were literally none* left.

*Narek is the only known exception and he wasn't a loyalist in the traditional sense

>the offending story was by Nick Kyme
Figures.

The only things that look too big in my opinion are the hands but I plan on painting them as gloves so my guys will look just heavy equipped. They still look small by the side of HH marines

So is heresy dead thanks to 8th?

What's going on? Is it going to switch over or stay the same?

I've been wanting to start a new legion but fuck that if the game is going to switch to age of Sigmar.

I'd use Genestealer cult parts instead of Cadian, the torso are actually slightly out of scale with the Cadian bits. Also, I think the genestealer bits are better looking.

Yes.

Not immediately. It's unclear but for the moment they're sticking with 7th. FW will be releasing their own core rule book for 7th with nothing changed.

What legion?

If you're asking why things are quiet here:
>It's summer vacation in the Northern Hemisphere.
>Those who play 30k and 40k are excited about the latter.
>We're between major releases and FW doesn't communicate much.
>We're waiting to see what changes, if any, are in FW's 7th ed. rulebook.
I can't write my Outrider-heavy list until I know if multibombing is back.

We're staying in 7th. We don't know for how long, but long enough that FW is releasing a rulebook to replace the 7th ed. books that GW is no longer printing. It sounds like it won't fix many of the existing issues because it's a rush job.

They were caught off guard by Alan Bligh's passing - he had cancer, and after a long period of treatment and apparent stability, it suddenly got worse and killed him within the space of several days. He wanted to switch to 8th. Without him, it'll take a while to get to it.

Even if they eventually do, I'd expect a more detailed game than 40k.

>Bligh is dead

They'd look too mutant and I don't want that in this particular unit. If I get some enforcers I may try those

How do I pick a legion if I like most of them and don't play enough to know what I want in an army?

Look for the legion specific units and charcters. That'll probably help you choose

Seeing as you can ally most stuff in I'd just start with something you like the look of.

>>It's summer vacation in the Northern Hemisphere.
>>Those who play 30k and 40k are excited about the latter.
I'm also excited about the Hemisphere. Wohoo! Go Hemisphere!

What did you say you like?

>preferring Northern Hemisphere over summer vacation

Typical hemifag.

What theme do you like and how do you like your army to function? Do you like big gunz? Hordes of infantry? Eliter troops? Terminators? Dreads? Tonks?

>He wanted to switch to 8th
Source you fucking cunt, don't try to make him into some sort of martyr

>Error CDIV
I see what was done there.

I concur. Nothing of interest happens anymore. Primarrch discussion happens better in dedicated threads, and hardly anyone plays because of the switch to 8th edition. All the great namefags have deserted us. Better to drop this and revive it when there's a good time to do so.

Why plural?

Stuff ADB said on Bolter and Chainsword. You'll have to look it up yourself.

>"HH gonna stay 7e forever, honest, guv."

Finished assembling another Vet squad, their Apothecary, a Librarian, and a Siege Breaker. Time to clean and paint some shit.

Pick a color, or read some of the black library novels. Surely you can think of SOMETHING you like, whether a unit, combat style, famous battle... anything?

lol

At the FW Weekender in February of this year, Bligh said that HH would always use the current edition of 40k.

Go with whoever's primarch you find most husbando-able

What if you like a Legion but hate their Primarch?

Then choose the opposite allegiance of the Primarch
traitor-->loyalist
loyalist-->traitor

Well because I'm in two .-.

Shut up Luther

Play that legion, but as traitor (if loyalist primarch) or loyal (if traitor primarch). Or choose a legion whose primarch you do like, so you can field him.

Loyalist IWs go! :^)

Shattered legions.

I should have added that loyalist IWs are the exception to the "same legion, opposite loyalty" rule. They're a case where you should definitely just go with a different legion.

>hating Perturabo
>>/r/eddit

>The offishul go-to Loyalists

A mad autist who decimated his Legion, couldn't keep his homeworld happy and failed to even capture Tallarn.

Why aren't Traitor RG that level of meme, then?

Cheekiest breekiest never turn off their sneakiest. Try catching one.
>Except for that alcoholic RG

Pert is clearly /ourguy/

>poopoo peepee noone understands my feefees the Primarch

Is Perturabo the only Primarch to have lost a battle when an opposing Primarch wasn't present? Embarrassing.

He didn't lose. His prey escaped and both bled.

So are the Luperci just Gal Vorbak? I hope we get the Battle of Molech in Book 9.

There's two discord channels, some faggot admin got pissed at another faggot servant of his and so the servant ran off to make his own discord with blackjack and hookers, Except none of the discords contain anything but undistiled autism and the laughter of manchild admins.

The discords killed this community and now they're cannibalizing themselves.

Don't go near any of them, they're cancer.

Technically yes, but their kind of possession is not the same to Gal Vorbak's symbiosis.

Nathian was best boi, a true slav sneeki breeki raven.

That's a nice way of saying "outnumbered them yet still got rekt"
While I realize it's necessary so that they can release a new Horus model alongside rules, if they actually had rules for the Luperci then every single other Legion fanboy would start demanding cool units of their own

>then every single other Legion fanboy would start demanding cool units of their own
That's an asinine reason for not giving units rules.

I mean, can't you just paint some gal vorbak green?

But yes, if you give the luperci rules you're going to have DG, EC, WE and TS asking where THEIR daemon hosts are.

And if you give in, now the loyalist are demanding rules

I mean, can't you just paint some gal vorbak green?
Perhaps, but then you have to deal with ally baggage.

>But yes, if you give the luperci rules you're going to have DG, EC, WE and TS asking where THEIR daemon hosts are.
So just make rules for daemon hosts.

>And if you give in, now the loyalist are demanding rules
Give them cool rules too. What's the problem?

So we know that the White Scars don't have any dreadnoughts, but we also know how much FW love them. The question is: will they be able to resist the impulse?

The problem is, as we saw in Inferno, making balanced rules are not FW's forte, so they will most likely slow down the books to a crawl.

Hover Dreadnoughts/Dreadnought Centaur with Batmobile Crawler tank wheel legs inbound

>implying Forge World cares about fan criticism

It's possible for them to have Terran dreadnoughts that were interred before being reunited with Jaghatai.

>The problem is, as we saw in Inferno, making balanced rules are not FW's forte
Apart from Magnus, GotCK and Russ I dont think Inferno's that bad balance wise.
The fact that those three are so egregious just means it got a bad reputation IMO.

Its not bad, great against SA, mechanicum fleshies and militia levis, but otherwise doesnt do too much elsewhere. On the plus side it is 25pts cheaper than a 10 man Heavy Weapons squad with Heavy Bolters for more durability vs small/medium arms, mobility, the same firepower and the same number of slots. also can give the main gun rending if you so desire.
Pic related jokes whenever this thing gets fielded forever and ever

Inferno and no switch to 8th edition killed this community far more than some internet chat.

Inferno wasn't the problem, the problem is the lack of new products with the exception of a single custodes unit in months. A new tank can't fix that either.
Then with HH not getting updated to 8th we were finally doomed

And with Bligh dead and French taking over things are going to take a turn for the skub. And IWfags (who make up a good portion of HH players here) will quit in disgust.

SoH Reaver Chieftain may take a Hand Flamer for 5pts in addition to other wargear. Seems to be a waste not to take it unless the squad is equipped with Volkite Chargers, right?

I really like the interactions between Magnus and Perturabo in Master of Prospero

Who wrote Retribution?

Because that guy should be in charge.

Bligh did. And he's dead now. He wrote all the books.

Yeah, but it's not just Blight, is it? In its tone Retribution is a lot different from the other heresy books, in that it's got more 40k feel (dropping the moon on Bodt, cyber zombies on Xena, the ashen claws, The sally dreadnought who's so charismatic he turns bitterbois)

Agreed. Retribution was the most interesting to read

It's happened to him at least twice.

Tallarn was one. And also:

>Just as the Retribution Fleet was pressing its advantage, it received a psychic message on behalf of Rogal Dorn ordering their immediate return to Terra. This was the Fleet's first contact with the Imperium in months.[1] Pollux knew that loyally following the order would come at the price of forfeiting victory against the Iron Warriors fleet and inflicting a blow from which the traitor legion would not be able to recover. However, the loyalists were not aware of the broader situation across the galaxy and believed it was possible Terra itself was under attack. Polux ordered the Retribution Fleet to disengage and set course for Terra, sustaining grievous losses in the process.[3c] A number of light cruisers were deployed to cover their withdrawal, all of which were lost to the pursuing Iron Warrior battle barges.[1]

1/3

>Rogal Dorn had issued the recall months before, as soon as he had learned that the Alpha Legion, the Night Lords, the Iron Warriors, and the Word Bearers, had all joined Horus's rebellion, making the traitor forces a much greater threat than he anticipated. Astropaths had been continuously broadcasting for months, unable to penetrate the warp storms until that moment.[3c] It has been speculated that the Chaos Gods allowed the psychic message through, in order to prevent the Iron Warriors' fleet from being destroyed, aware that the Imperial Fists were winning the battle, but also that their strict discipline would impel them to withdraw from the battle, even as they were winning.[4]

2/3

Not sure if Tallarn counts, they only left because Horus ordered them to

>The engagement was not the decisive victory sought by the Iron Warriors, with both the loyalist and traitor fleets suffering significant losses in equal measure... Following the Imperial Fists withdrawal, Perturabo smashed the consoles on the bridge of the Iron Blood in a fit of temper when it became clear that his forces escaped defeat only because of the Retribution Fleet's sudden suicidal withdrawal.[3c]
>In the months after the battle, Perturabo became increasingly saturnine and volatile, to the point where even his closest captains could not be sure of his favor or the rationality of his judgments. One sure way to provoke the primarch's rage, Forrix later remarked to Barban Falk, was to speak of the Imperial Fists in any terms other than hatred and contempt.[6]

3/3

Truly the shittiest Primarch. Perhaps only Mortarion is more pathetic.

Perturabo sure was autistic.

No, a cheap hand flamer is always useful on brawly units. It odds to overwatch, is generally more reliable than a bolt pistol and can be used to supplement other template weapons in chasing some scrubs out of cover.
Basically, it's five fucking points on one dude and thus not much of an investment even if you spam Reavers (why would you do that?).

It is taken along with the bolt pistol so it gets even better.