Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Bookkeeping Edition
How closely do you track your inventory? Are there certain flavor items you always make sure your characters have on hand? What piece of equipment can you not do without?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unless it's level 1 I can't be assed to track most minor shit. Having to check my rations and ammunition every time is not what I fucking play the game for.

Most of my characters carry a few flavor items. Usually a journal or book, some kind of personal trinket, maybe a bottle or two of their favorite alcohol if it's not commonly found in the local taverns.

All my previous DMs either never let us loot, or never let me sell loot, so I just always gave myself consumables.
Now I'm forever DM, and I'm too tired to care.

How would you refluff paladin in a way that makes it hard or even impossible to tell that the character is supposed to be a paladin?

Alternatively, what's the most creative refluffing of a class you've ever seen? I'm looking for something that makes perfect sense mechanically, but thematically doesn't resemble the base class in any identifiable way.

Usually a series of flavor items and one note that says "x gp worth of important stuff" including arrows, rations, firewood and whatnot just to keep the GM happy.-

I think you can find some ideas here. Esp. in ch.4-9

Paladin not being a prestige class for fighters was a mistake. Fight me.

I have a real life bard in my group and whenever we get a chance to shop he is always trying to talk the dm into having the fancy shit he wants in town. I just quietly buy mundane/masterwork items and mark them down. I have a huge list of gear. so when dm says 500 ft cliff I pull out 500 ft or silk rope and show him my inventory when he sputters.

>Bookkeeping Edition
>How closely do you track your inventory? Are there certain flavor items you always make sure your characters have on hand? What piece of equipment can you not do without?
Does anyone have DHB's autism inventory?

Now that I think of it, I actually agree with that.

Paladin should be similar to Hellknight and have a suite of PrCs for different classes to PrC into.

Pretty closely, yes, and bachelor snuff and/or night tea

Prestige paladin from 3.5 was pretty cool

What are the current recruiting games nowadays?

Current game listings

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Closing in 1 month)

Feeding into the initial post: Divine Grace/Unholy Resilience should have been available as an option for Fighters by default, along with other Cha-based optional abilities

You're a fucking retard.

Fighters should be wisdom based, not charisma, and be based around Profession (Soldier).

>Fighters should be wisdom based, not charisma
So should Paladins

>That spoiler

Why? You shouldn't need to use that stuff in any respectable game.

I make sure all of my items are in a bag/tied to something, it helps with my immersion. Also I tend to give my characters some chalk so they can do graffiti if they want.

Just in case, you know? Never know when you'll need it, and you certainly don't want to get caught without it when you do.

A bard uses magic from their charisma, which comes from music, story telling etc. A witch doctor is a tribal leader who uses medicine, music and spiritual ceremonies to use their magic. So I propose using a bard, who plays the drums or hums magical chants, or even tell stories of past ancestors to access his magic. Charisma casting makes sense, and take proficiency in medicine for sure. Spells will be control and minor healing, and college of lore to grab some druid stuff like summons and plant magic.

How my character spends his free time is no concern of yours regardless of how "respectable" a game it is.

/5eg/ is leaking again

>fighters should be wisdom based
>you shouldn't have the choice to be a charismatic, heroic warrior
>all fighters must be wisdom based

That's why I said "as an option", numbnuts, because hard-locking yet another class to wisdom is retarded. Wisdom is ALREADY the best Fighter Mental.

A bard uses magic from their charisma, which comes from music, story telling etc. A witch doctor is a tribal leader who uses medicine, music and spiritual ceremonies to use their magic. So I propose using a bard, who plays the drums or hums magical chants, or even tell stories of past ancestors to access his magic. Charisma casting makes sense, and take proficiency in medicine for sure. Spells will be control and minor healing, buffs, and debuffs.

You want charisma, go play a fucking cavalier cock sucker.

>You want charisma, go play a fucking cavalier cock sucker.
Which should also be a fighter PrC/archetype.

Fucking New Vegas. I just realized I assume every heavily modified grenade launcher shoots laser blasts

>go play a cavalier
>the class that should literally just be a set of optional alternate fighter features

you're not helping your case here

You just want to play AD&D.

I count my shots and CLW charges remaining because I'm not a fucking cheater.

>cavalier
>needing charisma
>when nothing keys off of charisma

what did he mean by this

Most of your order abilities do. Did you read anything about Cavalier, ever?

DHB did this way better by actually making martials that use their mental stats.

Of course it is! I don't want some sleazy dork trying to ogle my character!

the irony here is the only orders I've looked at DON'T need charisma

Deal with it you cute nerd!

>look at iron gods
>see Sallet, the living armor
> check sheet
> Weapon Proficiency: Madsen LMG.

... this either the best, or the worst.

How often do you violate the NAP in your campaigns?

30PB gestalt with one free template campaign when?

>NAP
What does this mean?

If I am high enough level to get money, but not high enough to afford to grab multiple items at magic item mart, then getting appropriate mundane gear will probably take longer than all the rest of the character generation aspects.

>takes Dread Wraith Sovereign
>takes Arcanist
>takes DC Oracle

It's like... The inventory menu is just a yawning white chasm, mocking you for your inability to stuff it full of black text.

Is there any way to add dexterity to your weapon damage when wielding a bow?

Non-Aggression Pact, it's the magical unspoken agreement Anarcho-Capitalists believe will exist when every man is truly a sovereign citizen of the land.

Essentially, it boils down to, "If I'm not attacking you, I can do whatever else I want."

>IR fetish
Get thee back to /pol/

What starting level?

The only add X to damage for bows is adding your int as a standard action to a single shot and even then it's 30ft range. You're better off just getting composite bows.

The best part is how nothing that you personally do can violate it, only things that are done to you by other people.

Sure, you just play 5e.

I rolled up a character who started carrying enough stuff to have it get drug down into half the available spell section for listing items. His squire also noted that a traveler's any tool could replace most of the stuff that the character bothered carrying and got one of those instead of follow the set example. Didn't get into that game though

How do I get a raptor mount?
Beast Rider Cavalier doesn't let you take a mount with fewer than 4 legs, and I don't know what else would give exotic options

Try the Hunter class.

I didn't mean that when I started typing! Point is, these sorts of things always compel you to fill them up, because you just feel sleazy without a well-written inventory.

How do you guys feel about the time traveller AP in Iron Gods? It feels like kind of a shit meme to me desu. It's bringing unnecessary baggage to the DM by railroading the plot into a certain outcome by virtue of backstory, which is dumb.

I think time travel is the worst thing you could ever use as a plot device unless the entire story is built around time travel.

It's shit. Time travelling characters are always shit especially since inevitables exist in the setting, effectively making time travelers not exist through pin-point extermination.

pls no bully ;-;

Surely, this will only end well!

And even then, time travel stories usually end up being shitty because they either leave plot holes everywhere, or get up their own asses trying to explain too much and STILL leave plot holes everywhere.

You can do so much better than time travel, Senpai.

Be s soulknife and get the ability to shape a mindblade into a copy of a particular weapon through archetype>blade skill choice. Then take the mindblade finesse bladeskill that allows you to use weapon finesee with the mindblade no matter what form it has. Finally, take the deadly agility feat and apply it to your finessable, no matter the form, mindblade.

The art isn't slutty enough to carry. Timetravel is too snowflake

No starting level. It's a dumb idea and I was shitposting. Unless you're fool enough to actually run it,in which case 3rd, but no prereqs on the templates. They're free, after all.

I don't really have a better idea, though, this is even my second app for Iron Gods so far, the first one being scrapped because I was unhappy about the character.
Time travel at least makes me stand out among other apps, which is the reason I rolled with it.
And, well, Iron Gods is literally Casandalee: the AP, isn't it? It kind of makes sense to use a character tied to Casandalee in it!

>Prepping for the "just in case." of the game taking a degenerate turn.
If it goes that way just find a town and buy a ton of the stuff to make a morning after cocktail. Otherwise y'ain't got no need for it.

Casandalee is a "Last 10 minutes of the film cameo" character, she doesn't matter at all until Book 6.

This, carrying around Night Tea is only smart for someone out in the wilds with a lover in the party.

Well, RIP, I didn't know that.
With all of the talk SF-related about Casandalee, I thought roughly half the book is about her in Iron Gods.

You don't even meet Casandalee until the very end of 4th book, get interactions with her during 5th book and makes a physical appearance in the final battle only. Even then there's a chance that she doesn't become a god and even were she to become a god she's still bound by the rules, one which is a strict no for direct providence including and very much enforced with an iron fist is time travelling and tampering with history.

You're technically correct about every detail.

>using PoW unironically

Those rules are tossed out of the window in Starfinder timeline, though.
Triune explicitly just fucks everyone up and breaks divine NAP by granting mortals Drift drives which shred all the planes to pieces.
Given that she already broke the NAP once, I don't see why she wouldn't do that twice.

Speaking of Iron Gods, what is with DM's recruting 5~6 players for APs? These things require total revamps by the time you add two extra players and 3PP. Not to mention how the combats get exponentially slower with more than four players online.

>being a contrarian fuckhead unironically

no direct providence huh? like taking a whole bunch of worshipers of another deity and testing them to see if they match her little quiz game?

A little heavy handed this time, don't you think?

Nope, she's basically a holo-chip you pick up and she pops up on the screen and kindly asks if you'll plug her into the mainframe or whatever, she's so defenseless you can literally program her portfolio, domains and subdomains.

A E S T H E T I C

Because the gods are still kinda bound to the flow of time and can't reach beyond it without everybody else stirring up a shitstorm and sending it at them in both times, especially if Abadar, Asmodeus, Pharasma and Erastil remain things in Starfinder.

That sounds potentially lewd as fuck

Asmodeus seems to be a beta cuck in Starfinder timeline, though.
Not even core 20 and he just meekly accepted it when Hell begun being torn apart by Drift drives ripping off entire huge chunks of it.

Technically? What's your situation, user... Or is this one of them "meme games?"

It's such a meme that it's never actually been played.

Everything about Starfinder gives me so much hope, yet the setting itself is so shit.

Which is why when I one day get off my ass and run Iron Gods, I'm going to provide a painfully obvious and intact mannequin robot body nearby for the PCs to stick her into and make her an NPC that matters.

Will it be a C U T E body?

Good thing making a new setting is easy.

It's kinda noted that she is completely against the idea of inhabiting a robot since, you know, the big evil and all that,

Well, she'd probably be at least agreeable enough to the idea of being put in a frame that she doesn't have to be such a nonentity as a character.

Probably a lot more faulty than cute.

Exactly!

Clearly you need to get a construct crafter to make a NORMAL construct body for her so she doesn't have to worry about the robot part. How does she feel about poppets?

Completely against it still. Leaves her open to Divnity's cronies and she effectively hates robots since they are exactly what they are: Robots.

Sizeplay is A-okay

How about a little golem with fat tats?

Broodie you cannot make her into one of your walking poppet bombs

I bet you also think Jade Regent needs to be all about Ameiko and that the PCs should just be her hirelings.

And that Wrath of the Righteous should have the trumpets scene played COMPLETELY FUCKING STRAIGHT.