Chapter Master:The Game

Hey guys I made the Chapter Master sheet not look like shit just in case anyone cares or it gives incentive for someone to take up Duke's old mantle

docs.google.com/document/d/1SJeobBBIC4GhLtNigDrUisnaVQeSshwy3ZCWgiYu4ws/edit?usp=sharing

Also, Interstellar Army Simulator thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvEjFF2qedfl9mN1dKRWJMcU15MXVtX0duVkdycGlxc19lZ1E3OWl5Uzc2T0I2c2gwRVU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a link, pal
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvEjFF2qedfl9mN1dKRWJMcU15MXVtX0duVkdycGlxc19lZ1E3OWl5Uzc2T0I2c2gwRVU

>someone adds a comment, pointing out how Chapter Master is open source and will make faster progress as a result.

It's almost tempting to ask for a license, but I'm half-certain GW would drop me into a pit with spikes and cover that in cement.

Well the game is Interstellar Army Simulator, Chapter Master is just a mod for it bro

What language is Chapter Master coded in?

They send C&D first, and only if you don't play along comes the GWstapo

If you're a coder who wants to work on this I can promise you $20 in your patreon while you work on it

GW seems to be okay with some artistic licenses of their own IP, like the Lord Inquisitor movie that finally released a pretty good trailer and the Ultramarines movie.

But while GW doesn't exactly seem to have any initiative to get into the movie business, they are absolutely into licensing their IP into the games business. They want to work with studios who can pay them for the IP and have a pretty good chance at a payout for it. An indie group working for Patreon pennies can produce something the niche Warhammer community will love, but otherwise it's not something they seem to have interest in supporting.

Actually, they seem to be supporting it through just turning a blind eye to it. We know they sometimes dip their hands into the community to get a feel for what's up, however terrible those communities are, but those that do often don't report actively on community initiatives; it takes someone else to actually step in and make an official report that results in a C&D, but otherwise they don't care.

I am semi-considering poking them about a license and starting over in Unity, potentially. More an idle thought that anything.

Depends on school/work.

What are the benefits of using Unity over what is currently in use?

What engine DOES Chapter Master use?

Is Klauswitz Engine available? It could do the game justice.

Well, ask them about potential licensing and GW's support or interaction with the Indie community. Certainly they like those who dabble in interesting conversion and painting work, but it's up in the air if they would support a digital indie community.

The way I see it, they want to protect their IP and only give licenses to those who they know can both handle their brand and who can be trusted to produce results and shareholder value. It is a business after all. Any even an indie game can be put up on Steam without much prior approval.

I'd ask for any copies of their license policies that are available or okay to share publicly. But know that some companies won't exactly be forthcoming with that info unless you're working with them, so be prepared for a canned response letter.

Soo, what would even happen this is a Redcoat store trying to regurlate american programmers, you think that shits gonna fly cuddy?
>If those damn Queenfuckers try anything im my damn country I'll be kicking their ass so hard they'll shout, THE AMERICANS ARE COMING THE AMERICANS ARE COMING!

Chapter Master uses, game maker pro.

Why is there no tutorial, not even a text one?

What do events do?

How do I load ships with vehicles?

Why can't I play White Scars?

I would say make sure you can make it in Unity first. Then start looking into what their licensing situation is like.

Unity is probably really easy for people who want to go into professional game development to transition from, so making a fangame in it aligns with people's career goals. Game Maker Pro is very easy to pick up and learn but it's also somewhat limited.

What a golden age I lived in..... but then the redshirt heresy. The Duke defeated, GW's primaris sized iron fist now rules over all.

Thanks man. This brings back memories.

And apparently some parts of it were terribly coded, by virtue of being a very long term project where Duke learned along the way and didn't correct his older code.

Well yeah, what did people expect?

does it yet live? by the emperor...

You select the vehicles in the company screen and click load in the bottom right corner

Hi Duke

I use proper capitalization/punctuation* and normally post mechanicus images.

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!!!!
>You fucking coward, hows towergrills?

Getting tired of nagging other team members to contribute. Otherwise releasing the first mod tool for Towergirls this patch, which should be amusing.

Think other people want to help you.. don't you have a full staff on that one too... man didn't anyone help you you have a team when you were working on chapter master didn't you?
I'm 100 percent sure any hype surrounding it has died down...
>Fucking work on it again you little bitch, waifufags a shit.

I'm assuming you're Darksvaeu.

There were one or two helpers with CM, namely a baller-fucking-awesome writer who wrote all the faction leader dialogue, and a pal of mine who occasionally wrote some odds and ends. The Towergirls team is pretty large but very few of the others contribute in any meaningful way.

I'll stop attention whoring now. As you were, thread.

>Dukey remembers me,
Awww sheit, man.
>Aww man you better add like a space marine princess or something bro, I can't get in into ssomething without at least drawing paralles to 40k somehow anymore.

Actually, tower girls thread
mmmm trap general and slime princess

fuck off, Chapter Master thread

What went wrong?

GW is what. They shit-canned the project when it got too far along and Duke pretty much gave up after that. Which is fair enough, still disappointing way for it to end.

I didn't think GW had anything to do with it

Duke just needed an excuse to stop and GW provided always provides a great scapegoat, I can see why GW doesn't let amateurs use its license they'll embarrass it with half did works of something that is in its own right art, and Duke just needed to git gud, we all did.

So what is this, did it ever reach playable status, is Interstellar Army Simulator a good game without the mod, and is it like VGA Planets?

That's a cool picture user; bumping so I can find this thread on my phone and save as my background.

>nudge nudge
>wink wink