/wmcyoa/ Worm Metropolis CYOA Thread #10

Awakening From A Long Slumber Edition

Previous Thread Discord: discord.gg/du3Xsdr
Pastebin : pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3
Google Drive : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c
Drive Drop : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing
New Metropolis CYOA(Kinda decrepit): docs.google.com/document/d/1nFdmfWAqeiq12eCZK0VoxPsj8r6hWn-_buCRSyaFHmY/edit?usp=sharing
Current major factions:
docs.google.com/document/d/15d1HSwXR1jlcJ4eGBaCIj1lRaR71ZgG9vdbeDN5n7gI

RP Rules, CYOA and Info Below

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7FoBgRdwMU
worm.wikia.com/wiki/Unwritten_Rules
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Note that some of this is a bit outdated.
>Hey. I tried something like this in the CYOA thread and there was enough interest in forming teams and shit as characters I decided to make this into an entire thread on its own. Basically you use the Worm CYOA to make yourself a superhero and join a team. The goal of this thread is not to build super OP characters, but build interesting characters who would work together in teams. Compared to the regular CYOA this is a low-power game. The CYOA itself is super easy to break, so there’s a few rules to go along with it to maintain the theme of the thread, keep things balanced and prevent this thread from turning into a race to make the most OP character possible.

>The setting itself is Metropolis, a typical extra-large New York sandbox rip-off. Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points. Canon characters – Contessa, Skitter, Eidolon, Glaistig Uaine, etc – don’t exist in Metropolis. Every organisation mentioned in the CYOA still exists, but with none of the canon characters in it and they are based out of Metropolis. The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.

>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.
>2) You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers. This includes the 3S it takes to upgrade a power to its second trigger. This rule is in place to stop people building characters with a million high S powers (vigilantes I’m looking at you) or who are otherwise obscenely broken – Worm parahumans are closer to being x-men than justice leaguers in power level. It also stops everyone from taking a million flaws to get ridiculous powers. We can’t all be vagrants who got kidnapped and tortured by S9 and Ziz. Conspirators are the exception to this rule – they can spend up to 20 points on powers (perks of being cauldron).
>3) No Abaddon shards, Trump second triggers, or Negentropy. No-one has Abaddon shards in canon Worm and this is a low power game anyway. Negentropy is a no go because the entities lose all incentive to hand out powers if they’ve developed immortality. If you’re upset because “muh immortality” keep in mind as a parahuman you’re unlikely to live for much longer than a decade anyway (life in spandex is violent and short). Trump second triggers are broken. All of them.
>4) No more than 3 Endbringers at a time. First come first served, and you play like canon Endbringers – you periodically show up to wreck everybody’s shit.
>5) I’m thinking of making this into a proper RP if I can find a decent place to host it. No drop-ins or gifts – let’s keep it in-character.

>A few final notes:

>Case 53 flaw x1 = you are a human with a few extra parts, like elf ears, feathers in your hair, weird pupils/irises/sclera, extra fingers etc. Think Canary from canon.

>Case 53 Flaw x2 = you are still recognisably humanoid, but not as a “human”. Think Gully or Weld from canon – you genuinely look like a monster and ordinary humans might be nervous or quick to judge you.

>Case 53 x3 = you are no longer recognisable as human. Think Garotte or Mantellum from canon. People who see you will think you’re a monster and may run screaming from you.

>Having a kill order on you means you did something truly horrific or awful, or have repeatedly shown yourself to be too dangerous to be safely apprehended by the authorities. In short, you’ve killed people and as a result there's a fuckhueg bounty on you, which anyone - from heroes to sinister villains to rule-breaking vigilantes to every yahoo with a gun - can collect on, with no questions asked an no attempts to arrest them. They just stroll into Protectorate HQ, drop off your severed head, get given their money and walk out, even if they're a wanted felon.

>Vague bits on powers can be filled in as you feel appropriate for the character so long as you don't abuse it. For obvious reasons powers that mess with the past are banned, precogs are advised there's a boatload of Blindspots running around.

>Both Entities are dead.

>The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.
Edit: The Protectorate and Wards are pretty homogenous at this point, The Guild is still Canadian despite half of Canada having been sunk by one of the Endbringers, The Undersiders dissolved after their version of Tattletale got a kill order and ran off to Canada with the Skitter analogue, the Merchants have never been relevant, and they're the S4 at this point.

The Nine have presumably been recruiting since they left Metropolis, it's just that nobody can be assed to make a sheet for a character never likely to come up.

Just a character question for anybody involved: If you, as in actually you, were a cape, what would you actually do?

Forgot final page.

Honestly, i'll probably try to make a profit with my powers and avoid conflict with others capes, trying to live a quiet life

Sell out to Cauldron.

Trying to do that results in you slowly going insane and getting into trouble as a result anyway. The Shards want their powers to be used for conflict.

i know that mate, that's why a said try, maybe work for someone like Faultline , she seems pretty chill

Desu Cauldron is pretty flimsy by secret conspiracy standards. The woman everybody thinks is in charge is actually an untrained dupe who bought her own hype near the end-and doesn't even have a Shard as an excuse. Most of their patsies are villains with very little contact with each other, and their one face dying in the PRT left them with one pawn on the verge of outright rebellion, and one loser with a martyr complex.

If they didn't have the two most powerful Thinkers and a few Breaker/Shaker experiments handling logistics, they wuld've fallen apart in days. Even with them, they're in slow decline.

I'm not saying they're the most well run organization around, but they are the most useful one. Getting them on my side also gets Protectorate and any number of other organizations. And can hopefully steer them away from some of their worse plans.

The black hole body power says it already frees you from entropy. Sow hat happens when you take it with Negentropy? Do you turn into a white hole, or the Spiral Nemesis?

youtube.com/watch?v=F7FoBgRdwMU

Negentropy becomes redundant. It explicitly says that.

Should probably emphasize the Discord link, these days it's the really important one.

Yeah, pretty much all the RP is on there.

The black hole power is kinda poorly thought out. The Entities already do shit like forcing untold numbers of worlds into one another as propulsion and it doesn't free them from entropy.

Oh, and for those unfamiliar with Worm this is kinda important:
worm.wikia.com/wiki/Unwritten_Rules
You can break them if you want, but it will get you shunned at best.

I'm torn between doing hero stuff, political violence, or going to conflict hotspots across the world.

Why choose?

Fun fact: instead of the Birdcage we have the Tower, which is basically a ridiculously long Spite that uses space folding Tinkertech to make it impossible to head down or outwards. As you get further down you generally run into older and stronger inmates, meaning the whole thing is basically a massive dungeon crawl with former adventurers as the monsters.