>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>LAST TIME ON /WIPG/:

OP here, just going to drop in one of the first (I know the number is in the single digits) attempts at a face. I want to get better at them, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Lord of contagion from the boxed set, filed off the headpiece and threw it on the flying thing instead.
Does the "rock" look god as it is?

Better picture and im sorry for the tilt, dirt phoneposter here

Looks great to me

Working on my Uber Schurmfuhrer here. Whats a good suggestion for bigger arms? The normal tyrant boneswords are kinda weeny looking on him

Also, my Fleet colors. What do you think of the 2nd gaunt from the top, with the black markings? Should I go with that?

What ive learned through face highlights is a simple wash of cadian fleshtone over the more stark contrasts on the cheeks and raised areas can keep the color more consistent.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Also, the fuck's an Uber Schurmfuhrer supposed to be.

Working on my Willliam Wallace.

Just a normal Swarmlord, just bigger

Still working on this thing. Debating if I have the patience to try and pick out every fucking rivet with a little earthshade or something.

Canopy needs gluing. How do I do that without fucking up the clear plastic?

made some progress on a captain, i'm too happy with how thick the swords turned out so that's probably getting stripped and repainted.

>pick out every fucking rivet

Your boyz probably put the thing together, then painted it, so don't worry bout them rivets! Shit looks rad already.

Just got my hands on this bad boy. I know nothing about Warmahordes, he just looked fun to paint.

He's missing one part and I've a ticket open for that. Besides that, I am the excite, should be fun to paint.

I finished up a minor conversion for my gun boops. Here is the beep boop group. I was hoping to evoke a bit of a second edition look but a good one.

Obersturmfuher = senior assault leader

Use a thin Enamel wash rather than acrylic. Much easier and faster for panel lines and rivets.

For the canopy use pva if it doesn't need to be too strong or get some canopy cement if you want it to be properly glued.

He's talking about a dark wash to make the rivets show up more, not painting them silver (I have no idea why people do that, especially when the rest of the vehicle isn't weathered or isn't weathered with silver.)

a tad grainy but vvery nearly done

>>'54330919

It's a bit of a mash up actually. The exhausts are from a space marine pack, i cut em down and then attached them to the body of one of the packs from the gemini superior that came with celestine.

>

Looks optimal. Maybe paint and then see if it works?

>das it mang

Maybe try a very small dot of pure white on all the top corners where you edge-highlighted the grey.

Diramacheon arms, carnifex arms, weapons cut from card and then sculpted?
What do you want him/her to have?

Imo go for that colorscheme. Maybe add more black stuff to other armor pieces.

>Prep myself for facing the foe after a night of rest.
>Open the cover.
>It's not in there.

Yea looks bit grainy upclose but will most likely look good at tabletop. Good stuff man!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It went in your mouth when you were asleep.

Question, does this look retarded?

maybe it's just the angle, but little bit yeah.

Assuming you mean the Decorative feature on top of the upper engine, yes it does look a bit odd.
Can't tell with this camera angle.

I doubt you're still around, but for 1500 the plan is

HQ
>inquisitor
>tempestor prime
>deathwatch captain

ELITES
>3 bullgryn
>tempestus command squad
>5 crusaders

TROOPS
>10 scions
>10 scions
>10 scions
>5 deathwatch
>5 deathwatch

TRANSPORTS
>taurox prime

FAST ATTACK
>armored sentinel

HEAVY SUPPORT
>leman russ

for 2k I'll add in another sentinel, another tempestor, a deathwatch terminator for each squad and.. probably some assassins or a dreadnought. No real clue how good it'll actually be on the table, however.

Horrid 6AM shot of my slowly progressing display board just because.

The saga continues

Looking good.

Swarmlord swords. I need some solid looking arms. Maybe the monstrous scytals with the blades cut off or something.

how would I go about giving my Chaos model a more "drowned" or "underwater" feel? like, how to add things, what should be added, etc.

Put him in a glass of water

seaweed hanging off them, wet shiny skin, pale/cold colours
corrode the shit out of any metals

Tape him to a trout

Could work, would need to be from a kit that is suitably large/bulky.
Scythed Hierodule, remove blades and replace with custom boneswords? Or use the Dirimacheon if the Hierodule is two large.

Think bioshock. Use a lot of copper/brass colours and give them a blue and/or green wash to make them look corroded. Make all other parts of the model quite dark.
What kind of Model/s do you have? Pics?

currently I haven't started anything, its more of a thought-in-progress. Mostly, I'm wondering if I should try to make the new Nurgle models into a sort of "water" theme, adding barnacles and the like on the armor, and converting Chaos spawn into crabs/octopi.

Not sure what I'd do to make the Plaguebearers look different

Greenstuff a moray eel through a wound

>Not sure what I'd do to make the Plaguebearers look different
just paint them like waterlogged/drowned corpses

Potc would probably be good inspiration

cut off their feet and have them standing in water

Part of the horde, part of the warp...

What do you cuntos think of my Venomthropes?

My old hive fleet behemoth scheme is starting to show it's age, but I still think they turned out ok/10.

I think I'd like them more if instead of the green you'd used pinks/reds to make the sacs and tentacle mouths look all fleshy, but they're definitely okay/10

Fuck. I actually meant to add some pinks and reds and it slipped my mind while painting. I went full retard. Might still add a bit.

Some guy did something like this.
Nurgle/mariner/lovecraftian marines.
His army is called "Mariners Blight"

They are painted by Eye of Error.

Tentacle faces on the plagueboys.

I had the same idea except for chaos warriors a long time ago but only made one foot regiment before I had to quit warham for several years

(also I was just above average on the sculpting front and mediocre on the painting front, though I'm getting good at sculpting)

This guy looks fucking LIT

Ahh, I know the feel.
My Wargaming club shut down, so I'm using the time to practice, improve and expand my model range.
I actually gave my (primary) paint set to a friend, to help bring him into the universe.

>Willliam Wallace

I strongly suspect that prior to Braveheart, if you walked into any gift shop in Edinburgh, the little William Wallace figures you could buy for a pound or two would have looked like pic related. Post-Braveheart, though? Every one of them looked like Mel Gibson - only taller!

>help bring him back into the universe
fuck the paint set, you need stephen hawking on that shit

So I bought my first Primarus Marine today and immediately did some converting to see how the bolter compares in size. I'm pretty happy how it looks, so I think I'll have to get a few more of these lads and try my hand at yellow armor & checkers. >:)

Considering that the Infinity william wallace is a "clon" fabricated by ALEPH using cultural material for his personality and looks, we can bet that it actually IS Mel Gibdon in Braveheart

fix'd

thanks fellas

oh, I like this! I'll give it a look-over, thank you kindly user!

A buddy of mine just gave me his few ork models to paint he doesn't really play. Never painted orks before, any hints or tips you guys can share?

Not that universe, the 40K one!
And no, I'm introducing him to it, he's new so I'm mentoring him on painting his stuff.

1988 painboy that's getting some gubbins

What is that metal tubing you guys use called, where can it be found?

Oh shit, it is you dude
Your ultramarines inspired me to fix up and restart my salamanders from High School
Thanks man

it's guitar string, I get it from music stores

Where did you get the shields that the marines are carrying in this?

also some stormboys that are coming along.

Does anyone remember the user who made a scaled up Bullgryn months ago?

It was the Bullgryn model but something like 50% bigger, what was it for?

Look great, especially the realistic weathering, if i had to critique maybe give the metallic parts like the guns a black wash and highlight.

Looks amazing, you really nailed the organic feel with that use of greens.

Well the whole model's a retarded version of the FW Drone, so there's that. But I'm gonna assume you're asking about the icon on the dorsal propeller- it's kinda dopey looking, but still looks passable.

like the dude said enamel washes are better for shit like that or you can also give it a gloss coat first. Helps flow for recess/pin washing.

Those mostly look like the ones off the Deathwatch kit.

Do you guys have a link for those AK interactive books?

Would recognise him as an alpha legion chaos general?

>Paint model
>Used Purity seal for the first time ever
>Shake can for 6 minutes
>Spray model
>Purity seal frosts over model
>Model is now ruined

I really fucking hate GW. I took every precaution I could to make sure nothing would happen but now my model is fucked.

Lads I'm looking at selling the Primaris kits from the Dark Imperium box on ebay but I've painted one model and sprayed 3 others. What do you think is a fair price?

I've looked on ebay and everyone is selling fresh kits, no partially used ones.

Kranon the Relentless couldn't survive your relentlessly bad painting it seems. Poor bastard, he deserved better.

That's a lot of stormboyz. Where did you get the rocket from? You use the standard boyz kit for the body, right?

> Not testing the can on a piece of sprue or model you don't care about

Bruh this is literally step #1 on every single aerosolized product you can get your hands on. That way you can just return it (you did keep the receipt, right?) without fucking up something valuable.

GW Sprays are hot garbage. Use vallejo brush-on or airbrush varnish. $3, drys smooth, and you have way more control. It also thins with water so you can layer it accordingly and build it up.

I think those are the old kit

He clearly isn't done with it yet, retard.

I'd try to mix in some more greens into the armor, user. I know you're treating it like a highlight right now, but I'd use that color as a second layer/wash blended onto the armor, with a lighter color for the actual highlight.

The actual base model doesn't seem very much like Alpha Legion at all, but so long as you nail the AL colors it will still get the point across.

Thx, I will try this.

this
Single colour tunics were worn back then not tartan kilts. Also I believe the infinity guy is based of Highlander

those are the old kit. the torso and rocket are both metal and the rest is basic boy sprue (well the old boy spue). I finally tracked down 30 of the gitz so I can run a uniform squad

weeabork update

so I bought a second big shoota for my gang and now I need a model for it. Fortunately the store's bitz box had one last assault cannon.
Though I'm not sure what the rest of the model should look like, the minigun samurai from that one movie I totally didn't watch several times is the obvious first choice, though I want to use one of the ork heads with the bionic eye for it, also don't want to chop the sling like with the Jin Roh boy but I don't think that's possible since all of my ideas involve some shoulder pads

also here's the sakura leaf base and a base that was going to be a sakura leaf base

oh, and I still haven't figured out how to fit a titan on a 25mm base

im the same mate, i was looking at £40 if they are painted TTS? ive got 1 unit and captain n ancient painted

Anyone know where I should look for bitz to make a WAAAAGH! banner?
I'm thinking the Deff Dread faceplates might be a good place to start.

plasticard is easy

plasticard my man

Can you strip paint from Citadel Finecastâ„¢?

If so, what do you recommend?

I'm unimpressed with the material and I want to make sure it's not going to melt.