Orks got dicked in 8th

I'm not talking about their strength, which is pretty good from my experience so far. I'm talking about their customisability.

I have some gun trukks (one with the sexy flakk gun) that I hoped to field in-game, as well as a couple of Looted Wagons. As of 8th "your army is still valid" edition, neither of these units exist anymore.

I got an email back from Forgeworld to say that the Battle Fortress doesn't have rules because it is no longer sold... despite, you know, the Repressor and the other several dozen things they no longer sell getting updated rules:

>Hi user,

Our rules team have got back to us regarding this unfortunately according to what we have been told the rules team had intentionally left this out as the model had not had up to date rules in nearly 8 years and the model has long since left the range. they have suggested using the kit as a battle wagon or as an orkified bane blade

To be fair, they didn't check that the Kill Tank would be a better fit, as it has transport capacity etc in 8th. I'd still prefer the actual KBF though.

To make use of my flakk gun, I'd have to rip it off my trukk and buy a big trakk - this despite the fact that Forgeworld sells 2 (!) different trukks that are designed as weapon platforms, as well as the weapons themselves. And on the GW front, no Looted Wagon rules.

Orks got made very bland and boring in this edition, for no real reason.

Every army got hit with this and some, like tau, got fucked hard by lack of customization. Wait 4 the codices, and for a real forgeworld book (it should only take thirty or so years)
Also, did you ask them about the mega-dead? They're still selling that with no rules.

I didn't ask. I don't field dredd stuff in my Evil Sunz lot, which is why I'm annoyed at less wheels-on-the-ground options.

>for no real reason.
It's called streamlining. Expect a lot of extraneous and older things to start vanishing in order to make the game more appealing and easier to get into for new fans. I suspect this effect will eventually apply to unsupported factions like Sisters of Battle, as the imperium already has faction bloat and the SoB's have heavy overlap with the inquisition.

If I was a GW designer, i'd be aiming my hatchet at SoB's and elements of the inquisition and splitting the IoM factions up thusly:

Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Inquisition
Ecclesiarchy (SoB and some IQ elements, their own units)
Mechanicus

Grey Knights would be folded into Inquisition instead of being their own army

You may hate me, you may think it's bad design, but having 4 primary Imperial armies with options is better for improving transient pick-up. Instead of the cluster fuck of minor imperial factions we have now.

In other area's I would expand, like bringing back the Eldar Exodites as a faction. But the Imperium needs trimming

That's not what Forgeworld is though. Forgeworld has always been (and still is, as it doesn't have a physical presence in-store etc) the advanced gamer's domain.

Looted Wagons are one thing, but the trukks are nearly exactly the same as the big-trakks, just with a different chassis. They could literally copy and paste one more unit entry and change the wounds and stuff.

The baffling thing about the streamlining is that they turned around and added things as well, though. Don't Nobs now have a new weapon called a Power Stabba? Grot attendants are now part of the Big Mek/Warboss/Painboy "unit" as ablative wounds etc - I think that's awesome and I can now use Futwell the grot as a "proper" unit, but it makes the action slightly more complicated rather than him just being a token to be removed when fixing a vehicle.

I'd fold Deathwatch into the Inquisition as well.

Wait for the codexes you fucking retards

>Wait for the codexes
>Forgeworld tells me there is no plans for releasing the model

Ok.

>it's called streamlining!
No, it's called adjusting for the lowest common denominator.

>Repressor and the other several dozen things they no longer sell getting updated rules

There is a quite believable rumor that a new repessor is going into production at FW.

Fair enough, but it's just disappointing that they still sell the Trukks but there's no rules for them anymore. As above, they are still selling the Mega-Dread with no rules, either.

>Orks got made very bland and boring in this edition, for no real reason.

Everything did. 8th might be balanced, but it's monstrously boring. No real interesting or meaningful decisions to be made, when building your list or playing the game.

That's exactly what I said. They're the same thing. And any mass consumed product will aim for them

So you wait for the codex? Like everyone else is? Everyones customising got hit with the index, give it a few months

This, Codex are coming with a "boatload" of rules for each faction, so everyone stop bitching that its "bland" for a couple months

>Meaningful decisions
>Riptides? Or no Riptides?

Go into detail on how this is a bad thing.

The new Ork Codex might bring back looted vehicles. Balancing Ork players bringing potentially any 40k vehicle obviously would be extremely difficult though. My guess is if Looted rules return stuff like Leman Russ battle tanks and Razorbacks would be legal, but looted Wraithknights would likely be off limits. GW would enjoy selling more Imperium/T'au stuff, why would they care if it's Ork players buying the models too?

>Grey Knights would be folded into Inquisition instead of being their own army
GK will be the next released codex, as their own army.

>So you wait for the codex?
This. It's coming eventually and it might bring looted wagons back or at least a few more vehicle options so you can just keep your minis as they are. I have a looted wagon that's totally going to sitting on the sidelines until then, it's not a big deal.

If the codex doesn't help at all, THEN you come here and bitch. I'll be right beside you.

I started Renegades for 8th, read the index for that and you'll really know what being dicked is like.
Really so far I feel like I was punished for buying their models,. considering what I bought to convert for them.

This happens when edition changes make the previous codexes obsolete.

In the Second ed you had the Black Codex, in the Third you had the army lists at the back of the book.

>tl:dr wait for the codexes

They new FAQ added or fixed some things and they updated the Chaos and Marines one, so you can expect some "buffs"

The same thing happened at the beginning of 3rd edition when everyone had just the bare-bones lists in the rulebook. Over time, each army got a new codex and then everything was back to normal: more flavorful and less balanced.