Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

01010100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110011 01110111 01101001 01101101 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110110 01101111 01101100 01100011 01100001 01101110 01101111 Edition

Previous Thread: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/totalwar/status/886208750230528000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How viable is an all-inquisition army? IE just stuff from the inquisitors section plus inquisitorial tempestus.

>since BattleScribe is shit
Where do I save 203 pts?

Not very, sadly. However, Inquisition and storm troopers plus grey Knights and sisters could be quite devastating.

>associating based skitarii with tryhard tauniggers
"no"

IT'S THE RETURN OF THE AUSPEX

HE'S AN AP1 S4 30" RAPID FIRE -1 COVER KILLING MACHINE, AND HE'S LOOKING FOR HOT SINGLES IN YOUR AREA!

I don't agree. Scions are quite good, so you would be basically running a scion army with some inquisition support.

>joke
>your head

>tryhard

Oh wait, I didn't translate the binary. Fucking kek

Terrible.
Inquisitors are they only thing remotely worth while.
Acolytes are over costed guardsmen, daemon hosts fragile trash, monkeys got merged into pointlessness and all your other options went to other themail ministorum.
Even then however the toys inquisitor can bring has been gutted, leaving little more than shot you could be putting on any other imperial character.

Were is this from

See, I've seen people say scions are good but I just don't get it. They're fantastic working with armies, but on their own I've only ever seen them get crushed- alpha striking and even slightly hordey melee armies crush them.

But if you can best back Bezerkers and nids with grace, go for it. If you're smart enough any army is god-tier

>333333
It's from the Easy to Build Primaris Kit and First Strike Box

tacticals and scouts. Wasted points.

Ah thought we had news about codex rules

How many fire dragons would it take to melt the sun?

Pffft I wish. Just this from First Strike which confirms the combat blade to have the increasing attack rule.

So it's a chainsword with -1 AP I guess

Getting back into Warhammer after 10+ and finding all this in the spare room, great feeling! Has anyone else had a similar experience? Plus how should i go about stripping the paint off the Thunderbird?

Effectively, yeah. Looks like those literal metal muscles that the Primaris Marines have are good for something.

top shelf keks

No, that's a misprint. It's a Chainsword.

It's the bolt pistol that has the -1 AP.

Yes. I left my homecountry 12 years ago and sold everything 40k related I owned at the time.
Now im coming back and it feels nostalgic, yet in a good way.

Wow, so it's just shit then.

Found these after 10+ years in the spare room, anyone have any tips on stripping the Thunderbolt?

Oh?
Feels bad

So could I effectively fill 6 slots in a battalion and more in a vanguard detachment with units of 1xExarch/blaster 2xSpectre/rifle costing 78 points for 4 attacks each generating more attacks?

12 units of 3, 936 points across two detachments accompanied by skyrunner warlock/autarch to get spectre up to -2 to hit sounds nasty.

Do the wounds from smite spill over?

What should I be looking to have in a 2000 point Dark Elder army. At a 1000 points I have 2 kabalite squads in raiders, an archon, flyer and one other wild card. Not sure what I'd want at that point level.

but it looks good already

All mortal wounds spill over

Read those rules boy.

(But yeah they are Mortal wounds)

Has anyone found a way to use these in 40k?
I'm thinking of replacing the arms with Contemptor weapons and using it as a dreadnought, since they're about the same size.

For just how much? 400 pounds?

It's literally a Helbrute with HB and TH

Kastelans are a good alternative. not sure about scale.

Daemon Prince.

So dumb question but I am curious

Can you split a big squad into multiple dedicated transports and have them still be the same unit as long as the vehicles stay in cohesion?

Like a squad of 30 boyz split across 3 trukkz ect.

No.

I'm a little surprised that 40k hasn't done more with Chaosified abominable intelligences.

because supposedly even the dark mechanicus priests aren't stupid enough to want to have Galactic Skynet part 2; Electric Boogaloo

$112 if I want to just sculpt my own exarchs
$166 if I want to order 12 exarch

>buying legit FW
Come on dude, this is 2017.

Enjoy your carcinogens

and yet a fucking Chaos Rhino might eat one of the units disembarking.

Dark Mechanicus when ? I want my Heretek army god damnit.

>Friendly reminder that Cawl has a warp based AI that he uses to communicate with Guilliman
Dark Mech get rekt.

Yeah what idiot would be stupid enough to give the company that creates things they like money so that they can continue doing just that. What retards am I right ?

>2017
>being poor

Thoughts on my 2k point world eater list?

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [108 PL, 1990pts] ++

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Kharn the Betrayer [9 PL, 173pts]

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [20 PL, 350pts]: Icon of Wrath, 19x Khorne Berzerker, 19x Swap bolt pistol or chainsword for chainaxe
. Berzerker Champion: Chainaxe, Chainsword

Khorne Berzerkers [20 PL, 350pts]: Icon of Wrath, 19x Khorne Berzerker, 19x Swap bolt pistol or chainsword for chainaxe
. Berzerker Champion: Chainaxe

+ Elites +

Helbrute [8 PL, 147pts]: Khorne, Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

Helbrute [8 PL, 147pts]: Khorne, Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 161pts]: Lasher tendrils

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 85pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, Khorne

++ Total: [108 PL, 1990pts] ++

>spending $500 on official GW/FW nowadays given how they've made their balance system relevant
>being retarded
Yeah you're right the company needs my half stack for that 3 pounds of resin
Gladly!

I'm unsure how tall that is but it could be a bullgryn proxy.

Which is the points standard for eight?

That is a fucking huge bullgryn user

Like S7 T7 Bullgryn that wrastles with dreadnoughts

> (You)
>Gladly!

Open play is standard so just bring whatever you want.

Still the same as before
1500 or 2k

You can't split the same squad into different rhinos, so you'd have to take 4x10 berzerkers instead of 2x20.

Also I would take 2 chainswords instead of the chainaxe/chainsword combo.

sounds pretty rad

Which reminds me of the guy from /WIP/ who 3d printed a scaled up bullgryn for a project...I can't remember what it was though

>Poorfag exposed

Normal zerkers cant have two chain swords

I'm a home owner you sod but whatever makes you feel justified in being literally retarded

Guilliman's girlfriend is in TWW2.
twitter.com/totalwar/status/886208750230528000 (embed)

Simple green overnight, scrub, repeat

Primaris suck against my choice of opponents so I'm starting a new army, Dark Eldar!

I play against knights, berzerker spam and nids! Help me build a list? 1k and 2k lists please! My ideas was Leith, start collecting, voidraven and gangs of com for the models in it? thanks guys

They work much better as unit of 10 without exarch from my experience

>I'm so poor I have to acquire products through illegal means
>This makes me a smart person !

That's nigger logic. If you were so clever you wouldn't be poor to begin with, you pleb.

>Before the codex even comes out
lol.

To answer a few questions last thread
>How good are Penitent Engines?
Fragile, but they hit like a truck on multi-wound targets.

>Do you yell out orders for your IG?
Sort of. We laugh at the concept of what the orders mean so we usually say things like, "Be better at shooting!" "Just run faster!" "Punch faster!" "Shoot more and longer!"

>making carcharodon scouts
>want to add shotguns or BP/Sword
>non-sniper scouts are worthless
>tfw

Just how bad are shotgun scouts?

It tools like the elbows would be compatible with decimator weaponry

Index still works and i dont think we will see much change?

Brutal, savage, rekt

>Dark Eldar!
>I play against knights
Blaster spam
>berzerker spam
Blaster spam
>nids!
You're fucked unless he's running nidzilla, in which case blaster spam

Seriously though, Deldar are shit against hordes.

>caring about rules

wtf is a darkshard is that an age of shitmar term?

>Caaawl that's heresy!

Shotgun scouts are very mobile compared to other loadouts because they can Advance and still fire their shotguns. And the shotguns become Str 5 at 6'', which makes them better than bolters at that range.

>i dont think we will see much change?
Thanks for confirming you're retarded.

Are Primaris armies viables? Do those 2 wounds serve well?

>carcharodons

I've only played them in 500-1000 point games and I've had trouble with them each game. The -1 AP on their bolt rifles is pretty solid and they are hard as hell to dislodge if they are in cover.

What's a good way to take out Centurions as a chaos player?

you can't

Tell your opponent how ridiculous they look

>Do those 2 wounds serve well?

Now that weapons can do multiple wounds and even Autocannons already doing 2 ... not that much really. It's almost a drawback.

We will see more options tho

noted thanks, could i run around them?

He is on the defensive boys, keep it up! For the Emperor!

Sorry, I don't want to put the time into something only have it be totally worthless. Not again.

That's a plus. I forgot they got the boosted strength now. Taking a speeder full of shotguns sounds pretty sweet. You think melee scouts could work, or is that still iffy?

Forgefields / Autocannon Havocs perhaps

Bought the easy fit Intercessors so I could have a sarge with a different pose than the multiples of ones I've already got.

Should I make the Auspex dude or the guy running forward my Sarge?

Dark Tau when
Dark Orks when
Dark Sistas when

Just play the army you like instead of pining for an edgelord version

Too bad. I will hold breath until the codex comes out, I really want to like this guys and make a full Primaris chapter.

>melee scouts

Depends on what they charge. If it is some Khorne Berserkers they're fucked, but other basic troops in not too large numbers should be fine.
Would still give them shotguns rather than CC weapons if you plan to charge.