/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

REMAAAAAAN! Edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

And by popular* request:
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except for Reman The Cyrodiil, most glorious emperor, born of the diamond, to ever walk upon this Starry Heart. Praise him as you tear veins from the Ayleidoon!

*"Popular" = one guy keeps asking about it.

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

uestrpg.wixsite.com/home
youtu.be/l83vT2svg3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>uestrpg.wixsite.com/home
That looks interesting, has anyone played with it? I'm considering running a campaign in TES myself, and we would use 5e.

I recently learned about how Mehrunes Razor isn't just a knife that can kill people in one hit sometimes. It's actually a metaphysical surgery scalpel. Is there any other Daedric Artifact that has hidden purposes in the deep lore?

>Reman edition
>posts an image of Tiber Septim

Imperialism is a blight on Tamriel and should be resisted at all costs.

>t. dagoth

>find UESRPG game online
>make character
>game falls apart immediately
And that's why I stick to IRL tabletop. One day I'll play UESRPG though.

From what little I've used it, I really liked the system, but I haven't played the new edition. If you want more info on that in particular, I'd wait for Anon133 to show up. He's good at answering questions about it.

>Is there any other Daedric Artifact that has hidden purposes in the deep lore?
Arguably the Skeleton Key.

I hope elves use you for nighttime tigersport.

>tfw you will never be a Telvanni dust adept

I'm running a game. Session 0 is tomorrow.

Where you in a short lived game in which the GM suddenly wanted to begin rotating GM duties after one session?

Good luck user.

What's the idea of the campaign?

No, he just disappeared. Lost interest or something.
Which is fine by me, I get that sometimes you don't want to commit to a game, but he could at the very least have told us. There's a huge difference between telling people that you've changed your mind, and just disappearing into thin air.

Power vacuum in Morrowind after Red Mountain erupts and Black Marsh invades.

Sounds fun.

>REMAAAAAAN! Edition.
I wonder who could be behind this OP

I was thinking of setting my campaign during the Reclaimation of the Temple, when Morrowind is divided between the traditionalists who want to still worship the Tribunal, and the even more traditionalists who want to go back to the Daedra. IIRC there was a shadow war between those factions, and it could be fun.

Literally, what , fall of the Tribunal happened then too. With the loss of Vvardenfall being directly blamed on Vivec.

The tribunal had fallen before correct? Vivec had bugged off, almalexia and Sotha Sil were dead by the Nerevarine.

Unless you mean the tribunal faith.

youtu.be/l83vT2svg3g

Yeah, that's it. I'd say the vast majority of Morrowind still had faith in Vivec as they had suffered no serious events until Red Mountain/Black Marsh Invasion. After which, the lack of Vivec's (the last remaining member of the Tribunal) ability to protect Morrowind, was seen as powerless to protect Morrowind.

Do you have any advice about running a campaign in a region like Valenwood, or Black Marsh, which hasn't had a video game yet?

Nope, I can't lay down any concrete background for either of those beyond head-canon and theories. There is a few bits of lore to be found, but I suspect not enough to paint a vivid picture that captures the theme.

Get as much lore about those areas from the series as exists, then expand as necessary by drawing influence from similar locales in other fantasy series and real life.

I just learned a neat little detail. Caldera isn't just the name of a town, but also a naturally occurring cauldron-like depression that forms following the evacuation of a magma chamber/reservoir.

The best part is it leaves what is known as a Wizard Island. The only guild that Caldera had is the Mages Guild.

I really need to visit Valdez, NM one of these days

>Black Marsh
Vaermina Cultists.
Nightmare-like swamps meets actual nightmares as the line between Black Marsh and Quagmire gets thinner and thinner, and things become more and more surreal and terrible. Strange potions, outlandish beasts and survival elements.

>tfw implying I want to be an elf

Are there birds in Vvardenfell?

They trap babies in shit and eat them.

Can someone gimme a quick rundown on the Thalmor? I thought I knew a fair it about them, but I've been recently informed that I'm wrong.

“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

The cliff racers probably ate them all.

Basically the universe used to be made of people soup. Then the soup got turned into living creatures. The Thalmor want it to be people soup again.

They were founded by some butthurt Bosmer for reasons, and after the death of Martin Septim they began to push for more and more presence in Altmer society and thinking much akin to the Beer Hall Pusch.

Their philosophy is essentially that of cosmic defeatism. They believe that being forced to live as mortals in Mundus is terrible, so they are attempting to break everything down in some vein attmept of achieving "eternal life" by turning the Elves back into Ada without Mundus around to keep them mortal.

In addition to wanting to destroy the Pillars, they believe that not only the existance, but also the vey notion of Humanity prevents their plans from coming to fruition, and that reality is being held together by human belief in human divinity, hence why they have that hateboner for Talos (in addition the hatred for Tiber nuking their island way back when)

Basically, they're the TES equivilent to SEELE from Evangelion.

Get in the fucking Mantella Ysmir

Okay never mind, turns out I knew just enough. I was confused, because this one user was all like "the Thalmor don't really want to destroy the Tower; you're just a sheeple if you think that," but failed to explain his reasoning further.

He was probably roleplaying as a Thalmor shill.

>They were founded by some butthurt Bosmer
Is this another ESO bullshit?

That's not a girl.

I've seen enough traps to know that Nips are weird about what is and isn't a girl.

It sounds like a misreading of PGE1.

Are coins in the Empire still "septims", or did the thalmor demand the Empire mint new coins too?

Colloquialisms hardly die, so probably still septims

Okay, sure, but do they still have Talos' head on them?

A dragonbreak happens
in one version of reality, I pick up a coin with my right hand, and close my hand
in annother version of reality, I pick up a coin with my left and, and close my hand
the dragonbreak ends
I open both my hands. Is the coin in the left hand, the right hand, or do I miraculously have two coins (one in each hand)?

No. If memory serves correctly in skyrim they had the Eight symbol minted on them

Still Septims.

Neither hand has a coin because numidium stomped you

You might as well open both your hands and find no coins at all, since in each possible reality you also left one hand empty.

Th first version of the Thalmore, which has nothing to do wiht the current incarnation, was founded by the bosmer king Cameron Anaxemes of Valenwood in the 2nd Era according to the Pocket Guide

I wander what the Aldmeri dominion used as currency before the Empire conquered them.

No.

Doesn't the part of lore about the Thalmor wanting to destroy the world from a sketchy source like Kirkbride so it may or may not be canon.

I think your options would be

>coin in right hand
>coin in left hand
>coin in each hand
>no coin in either
>Numidium steps on you
>you never existed

>Basically, they're the TES equivilent to SEELE
That would be the Marukhati Selective
No, it's just wrong.
What he means to say is "the Thalmor was the Altmeri provisional government set up in Valenwood when it came under the subject of the Aldmeri Dominion.' Though this statement is probably itself wrong, given YR's response being, quote: "I don't know where to begin pointing out the lies."

Yes.

You're right, it was the 2nd Dominion of the Thalmor, not the 1st Dominion

The Dragonbreak doesn't end until the causal implications of your hands having the coins have played out. So in effect, no hand has the coin, you spent it on a corndog.

Who makes Tamriel's best corndogs?

Nah, The Marukhati Selective would be more like

>During the second Aldmeri Dominion, formed in 2E 830, the Altmer reconstituted the Thalmor as the new governing body of Valenwood. They claimed they had the authority to create this government on behalf of a claimant to Valenwood's throne, Camoran Anaxemes, whose ancestors had signed an ancient treaty with the Summerset Isles.[2] As Valenwood previously possessed no true, unifying government, the Thalmor purported to maintain order in the region to uplift their Bosmer brethren. In reality, the formation of the Thalmor was far from an altruistic gesture: the Altmer desired to control Valenwood because the region, along with southern Hammerfell, harbored various pirate groups which had long threatened the Summerset Isles. Fed up with the constant pirate attacks, the Altmer hoped to secure the shores of Summerset for good by denying the pirates any safe haven from which to attack them. The Thalmor was dissolved a short time later when Tiber Septim brought Valenwood into his Empire using the overwhelming power of the Numidium.[3]

>King Camoran Anaxemes (?b - ?d): The Bosmer king of Valenwood during the formation of the Aldmeri Dominion in 2E 830.[6]

Khajiit has corn and dog, if you have coin. Khajiit has nice sugar topping for it too. Best in the land.

My sentence was Danced away by the selectives. I meant they would be more like Yu Yevon from Final Fantasy X

This isn't helping me understand how Dragonbreaks work.

>posting from the article, not the actual source

Here's why you're wrong:
>"Citing a stewardship clause in a treaty from a thousand years before, the High Elves quickly established a provisional government, the Thalmor, on behalf of their own claimant, Camoran Anaxemes"
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Aldmeri Dominion

Key words:
>"High Elves quickly established a provisional government, the Thalmor, on behalf of their own claimant"
>"High Elves ... established"
>"on behalf of"

Learn2lore scrub. You've got to read the actual sources.

One could say Dragonbreaks work in about the same fashion as King Crimson.

Dragonbreaks are a plot device. They work however the author wants, and there will never be consistency. The dragonbreak after daggerfall had multiple timelines occurring simultaneously.

Essentially, dragonbreaks were invented because the main plot of Daggerfall had multiple endings and Bethesda didn't want to decide which one actually happened so they said all of them did even though the events are often contradictory in each. That's also why going forward they've just been very vague in referencing actions of player characters from previous games.

Basically yeah. We might get another one with Skyrim to explain the civil war away.

What are your favorite factions?

Dissident Priests.

Also to take care of the issue of multiple endings for the DB, and since they did kill the Emperor.

Pretty sure its going to be that your smackdown against Alduin broke the dragon pretty hard, and Miraak futzing around with dimensions only made things even worse

dumbass gnostics who don't know about Kalpas

I like both the Dark Brotherhood, and the Morag Tong. I like the conflict between them. A secret holy war between assassins. It's cool as fuck.

please post more.

Gortwog's neo-Trinimac movement.
The Lhotunics.
The Cursed Legion.
The Beautiful.
Ra'athim/House Mora.
Followers of Baan Dar.
Probably a lot more that I can't remember right now.

Just to mention some guys that don't get talked about all that much.

I think that was the last one.
some guy on /x/ was making a comic on Gnostic Christianity but gave up

Lorkhan was just doing it to ascend to an even higher plane of existence. Tamriel's structure is a CHIM machine.

>Amaranth Machine
ftfy. CHIM is only being a lucid dream, while Lorkhan wanted Amaranth, a means to usurp and become the Dreamer

I'm not so sure about that. Amaranth is technically higher on the cosmic totem pole, but it's also a pretty shitty state of being. And IIRC, some kirkbride writings suggested the chim thing.

yeah, but many mer faiths see LORKHAN as nothing more than a trickster and enslaver.

Trickster sure. What he did was pretty immoral by most standards of morality, even those adopted by the round eared morons.

The Mer differ on how they react to it. Most, IIRC, just want to move on and continue living their lives.

This is why the Khajiit version is the best. They don't have a hateboner for the material world, but they still admit that Lorkhaj tricked the other spirits. They're also much more neutral when it comes to Aedra vs. Daedra. And they shit on the Bosmer, which always makes for a good time.

Khajiit also intake skooma like an altmer intakes cock, so there's no trusting them and their neutrality, which just might be a skooma induced lethargy

House Hlaalu

Isn't Amaranth necessary? Like, if someone doesn't achieve Amaranth eventually, the Godhead is gonna wake up and then we're all fucked?
Cause that's a pretty good reason to create the world.

Nobody really knows, all we have are metaphors.

Both events occur, and after which all events are recognized.

You might see it in your left or right hand, but for all intents and purposes, both happened.

But I'm not gonna end up with an extra coin/numidium appearing out of thin air because of time shenanigans.

>and the two had a special relationship
The real reason Azura's so vengeful is because Almalexia married Nerevar, isn't it?

Almalexia mantled Azura, right? So technically, it was Azura who married Nerevar...

If you have a coin at all, it'll probably be in your coin purse already, and you can vividly remember grabbing it with either hand but you're not actually sure which one it was.

Use the Warp of the West as an example. All parties simultaneously gained control of Numidium at once in different timelines, and when the matter was settled, all the timelines merged from Jills restoring and merging.

If the coin's position in your hand determined if you chose your Breton waifu or your Bosmeri waifu, you would experience getting your Breton waifu, but in retrospect when the Jills merge the timelines you would probably remember both.

Seht was Azura. Ayem was Boethia.

Right. Sorry.

>Almalexia mantled Azura, right?
No, she died. Even if you buy c0da trash, she appears later in the future as Almalexia, not Boethia. Had she mantled Boethia, she wouldn't appear as distinct at all.

House Telvanni master race

Well I mean if you are going to use unintentional innuendo written by some UESP editor as a source you mine as well claim something more drastic.
Maybe, Nerevar's special relationship with Azura involved him ramming his cock up Alandro Sul's ass, and that's the reason he got so asshurt when the Tribunal killed Nerevar.

What was the House Dagoth like before the Red Mountain? Various sources describe them as "secular House" along with Dwemer (western sources often treat Dwemer as another tribe of Chimer for some reason). It seems to be their characteristic back then, just as Hlaalu are merchants/assassins/assholes, Dres are slavers, Telvanni are libertarian wizards etc. What could be Voryn's motivation to block Nerevar from using the Tools while still feeling righteous about it, if not religion?

Why is it a fish and not a snake in that comic?

We've seen that time travel is a thing in TES
So could there theoretically be multiple timelines? And if so, then surely the Gods/Princes exist in these alternate realities, so really, what would stop one of them who failed to conquer Tamriel in the main timeline from just doing it in another?

Or how about this. Because of a totally unrelated Dragon Break, could a villain from one timeline be reincarnated in another?

Friendly reminder that Jagar Tharn's true name is Mankar Camoran.

>I know this picture is a meme, but I'm posting it anyway.

What is the relationship between Azura and the Nerevarine? Is the plot of Morrowind true on its face or does Azura just enjoy playing games with the player character?