Can a demon be redeemed and brought to the side of good? How would you go about doing so, if possible?

Can a demon be redeemed and brought to the side of good? How would you go about doing so, if possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

complang.tuwien.ac.at/alex/rec.games.frp.dnd/TSR-Ethics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can in my magical realm.

I'd be less cynical of the concept if the demon you wanted to convert to the good side wasn't always the sex demon

She doesn't actually love you user. You're playing right into her hands.

No, user, you can't fuck the bad girl out of a demon.

No. They're evil things from the plane of evil made out of solid physical evil. It'd be like trying to make an earth elemental turn to the side of water. It's a ridiculous idea.

Yes.

>TSR recognizes the ability of an evil creature to change its ways and become beneficial, and does not exclude this possibility in the writing of this code.

Source: TSR code of conduct.
complang.tuwien.ac.at/alex/rec.games.frp.dnd/TSR-Ethics

Seriously though we have this fucking thread every day, the answer is always "depends on the setting", if you want demon girl cheesecake just make a thread about that

You people always think so SMALL. If you're going for the redemption route, why would you settle for a demon? A better, more interesting question is "Can an evil god be made good?"

Why did this demon go through an Instagram filter?

>the goal of a campaign we are starting is making so many people perform pure love in name of an evil god to change him into a good god

>elaborate campaign to turn the God of Masochism back into a Good-aligned deity again.
Hell yes.

>Redeeming a succubus
>Not redeeming a Seraptis demon, whose mortal soul was corrupted into a demon due to the aftermath of their suicide, something that they likely had no control over.

>If you're going for the redemption route, why would you settle for a demon?
Because redeeming a demon is the most a normal mortal could ever hope to accomplish.

Direct intervention of a deity or similar power is the only way I'd allow it.

Well, user. As the old adage goes

It depends on the setting you piss brained cuckhold

The question then: If fallen angels or the equivalent exist in a setting, would redeemed demons be possible?

>Suicide
>No control over it

This and this.
But especially this.

Being able to pose as a human and not get shoot on sight is a big plus, to be fair.

Ugh. No. No. No! NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NO AND A THOUSAND TIMES NO!

AN INNOCENT THREAD DIED FOR THIS, YOU CUM MAVEN

Nobody ever wants to write about fallen angels, it is always "redeemed this" and "goes against their nature that". What's so wrong about telling the tale of a fallen angel trying not to be good?

Read some In Nomine Satanis / Magna Veritas. (the french one, not the US adaptation).
That game got the full spectrum of characters for both sides. There are angels that defected to buddism, and demons that just want to be stand-up comedians.
It even has a serial-killer archangel (due to a muslim curse during the battle of Poitiers) leading God's DoD.

I don't really enjoy either. Also since I'm guessing you aren't writing the next Paradise Lost it's a subject matter usually doomed to be edgy trash

If angels can fall, demons can unfall

>They're evil things from the plane of evil made out of solid physical evil.

Physical evil and moral evil are two different things.

Depends on the setting. You can be made out of the literal substance "evil" and not be a cunt, or you can be made out of the literal substance good and be a massive cunt.

See: Avamerin

That'd be a pretty good tagline for a story about this concept.
>"If an angel can fall, then a demon can rise."

Second post best post.
Thirsty neckbeards run every potentially interesting concept into the ground.

It can be comedy too. Or why not both, the story of a black knight and their fallen angel companion, one of them an edgy sh%t and the other comedy relief in their antics.

>"It is the ultimate question of the soul, whether or not a monstrous fallen angel such as I can even hope to regain the good that I once embraced so openly. How can a betrayer like me ever regain the divine grace of the gods and become...good? I simply do not understand, and the struggle to return is one fought in darkness, pain, and despair."
>"Hahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Evil Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Evil Shit Like Nigga Just Go Away Haha"

I want to make love to a succubus!

If a demon can be redeemed, it would be brought to the side of Chaotic. That's about as far as it would go.

What would a redeemed Balrog look like?

However it wished to look. They are maiar.

A ritual purification using powerful, complex magic. Then they can choose to be good, just like anyone else.

I know one good way for a demon to redeem itself.

Yes

I'd play that. Doesn't even have to be a succubus. There are plenty of demons out there that could change whole not completely denying their nature

Demons are chaotic by default you silly

Brick by brick and with endless sweat, with fiend doing it itself. That is the way the only way that makes human the overman, that will make demon to vengeful angel, that turns stone to gold.

True story
>Party gets McGuffin
>Decides to make a kindly young librarian npc the god of all demons
>Demons suddenly straighten the fuck up
>Proceed to conquer the Devils and the Fae.
>The little Librarian now sits on an icy throne at the bottom of all things
>The Eternal king of evil

He didn't become the new BBEG but everytime we contacted him it was obvious he was struggling with it. Slipping into a cold, calculating monster.

You mean all of them have already been redeemed?

No, they are Angelic beings, created as servants. they are akin to order. Hell has its hierarchy, reckoning standard Angelic orders, from Seraph (Lucifer) to generic (fallen) Angels.
If something, actually Humans represent chaos (at least better)

Nonsense, those are Devils

They are same. Devil just describes what he is capable of (deception). At least it is so in Christianity. Demons in standard fantasy settings are usually based on Jewish and Christian legends.
Your thesis would be correct, in case we would talk about Hindu like setting with different races of malevolent beings, such as Rakshasas and Asuras.
Now, id we are talking about unique fantasy setting with its own special lore and rules, then this is the different case.

Players who say "I want to redeem a demon" actually mean "I want to redeem a succubus so I can fuck her guilt-free". Name a single evil god that players would want to redeem, because they know there's no way in hell they're going to get to fuck the suddenly-good god.

Just watch Episodes I-III again you dingus.

>Demons in standard fantasy settings are usually based on Jewish and Christian legends

"Standard fantasy settings" are typically D&D on this board, unfortunately.

In D&D, the original devils, ruled by Asmodeus, lord of Avernus, are typical fallen angels (although in Pathfinder, the dualistic gods of creation are Asmodeus and Ihys). The Demons are pure cuntishness made flesh made out of the primordial, fundamental substance called "being an asshole".

But if you wanna talk proper theology I'm game

... what if I want to fuck a Balor

I could have sworn there's a denomination of Christianity that claims that Satan and the entire Legions of Hell would be taken back up into Heaven if they only asked for forgiveness, but refuse to do so because they don't want to admit that they were wrong. Just literally take a demon to confession and have it baptized and it ought to turn back into an angel.

>Name a single evil god that players would want to redeem
Lamashtu?

Confession has to be sincere, if it's coerced it doesn't count.

Also, the first place I remember that thought being expressed is in A Screwtape Letters.

One of Screwtape's letters to Wormwood is about God's love concept of unselfish love, which is obviously a lie since love consists of the weaker being subject to or being devoured by the stronger, as in sex, marriage, etc. He believes that understanding what God means by love is the key to winning the war against Heaven.

The specific phrase is something like "the Enemy's own servants have admitted that the moment we understood what He meant by 'love', then the war would be over and we would enter Heaven triumphant."

Screwtape is dense.

As I said, My statement was from Christian perspective. Of course every fantasy setting has its own specifics and there can be separate race of Demons and Devils (for example, Demons being Fallen Angels and Demons being undead evil human souls, or something like that).
Well, theoretically it is so, but it wont happen, because Angels are ultraradical entities. If they're evil, they're evil. (they're just uncreative, unlike humans, who can invent most decadent and degenerate ways possible with new perspectives) So it is nearly impossible. Also, One theory that rejects their salvation is that they had no excuse to rebel, since they had God all time (Adam was at least deceived and didn't rebel with his absolute volition). Also, they were created as servants, while humans were created as "gods" (psalm 82:6). Their purpose is to serve, our purpose is to achieve divinization/theosis and become Godlike, so you muust also take different natures into an account.
Of course, there is also an apocatastasis theory, that isnt new (it was actually mainstream Zoroastrian teaching and influenced several christian scholars, like origen, but is considered to be heretical by most Christian denominations and churches).

Lewis was the last of the good theologians.

>"I want to redeem a succubus so I can fuck her guilt-free"
But user, they're cute (mostly...)
Also, who doesn't want to have cambion/nephilim children? :^)

>But user, they're cute
If you are lucky.

>wanting to fuck the Mother of Monsters
What kind of degenerate are you?

Nothing is beyond redemption, but that won't make it want to have sex with you.

I don't see the shame here

If we are talking about succubi, yes they will.
But on the other hand: If they would be redeemed and become good Angels of God again, wouldn't it exclude any possibilities of sex with them?
Or does it imply to fuck evil out of them?

No, they clearly just fuck people Good

Happy, fulfilling sex instead of creepy, rapey sex

Also, they insist on marriage depending on the god they follow

I want to redeem Magnus

It's always the quiet ones...

Tiamat

>Decides to make a kindly young librarian npc the god of all demons
Holy shit, that's fucking diabolical. Did the librarian even know what was going on?

Chaotic Evil, not just Chaotic.

your waifu is shit and died for a reason

Depends, what is the nature of "demons" in your setting?

Because they're the most social demons, the ones with the most human mindset, and the one best able to internalize human values. Some battle demon or freakish servitor monster is going to have a LOT more trouble understanding the value of other lives and their morality.

Nope. We just assumed he would be the best guy for the job.

MEN CAN BE LIBRARIANS?

Why do you assume she's a sex demon just because she's female? CISCUM

Y chromosomes make it hard to tell people to be quiet.

I had an idea about a mid-level devil who's job would be to take in mortals as apprentices/warlocks for recruitment purposes. One day he'd take in a hard-luck youngster as an apprentice/warlock, and they'd both slowly change out of mutual sympathy. Eventually, the youngster would get into trouble and the devil would go against his masters in order to save the youngster, and the both of them would be forced to escape into exile. They would then wander the earth, with the devil focused on their survival while the youngster would act as his externalized conscience (no romantic love, that would be icky). In D&D terms the alignment changes would be LE → LN for the devil and TN → NG for the youngster.

They'd come into conflict with devils hunting them as traitors, demons who hate all devils, paladins who presume all fiends to be pure evil and former victims of the devil who'd want revenge. Some belonging to the two latter group of people could possibly be convinced by the youngster that the devil had changed.

Sorry if that was horrible. I think it was mostly inspired by Claymore, although I think something analogous could probably be found in a lot of Sympathetic Hitman mafia movies

Torog. It's not his fault he's so miserable.
Bane, war doesn't need to be evil, and a god of war who has punishments for war crimes would help a lot of things.
Hextor for the same reasons
Zarus, humanity's deity doesn't need to be an asshole.

They can understand obedience. Maybe honor. They can be made neutral guardians and soldiers, if the less sadistic races are chosen. Not a proper redemption, but still out of the evil box. Maybe.

*peeks into thread*

Probably some kind of warrior Maiar. Blazing skin and armor, blade of light and light shining behind them like a pair of wings.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's less likely/easy.

If I change your alignment, will you die?

>everywhere is DnD

KYS. :)

That's actually real comfy, I like the idea of a demonic buddy cop adventure

The thread should've ended here

Wouldn't it make a lot of sense for any redeemed Succubi to go full abstinence?
Same thing with warrior demons taking a vow of peace or the tricksters spending their days in honest labor.

Grace is a good example in that redemption for her isn't becoming good, but being a neutral entity, not actively evil anymore. This is of course a consequence of demonic society, as her mother sold her to into slavery.

You also can't sex her without dying.

Depends on why and how they were redeemed, just like how angels of war won't all fall to become demons of pacifisim.

>Succubus gets redeemed
>immediately self mutilates so badly she becomes hideously deformed as a rejection of her old self

I reckon my dick could redeem a succubus.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation?

>Can thing that is literally made of evil become good
No.

I thought in that setting daemons were made out of chaos, and there could in principle be "good" daemons if only there weren't such terribly dominant gods of evil overpowering everything else.

Isn't the schtick of the Nameless One that he can't die, no matter what?

>succubus pretends to be redeemed and fall in love with the character
>they fuck
>she claims his soul when he cums and runs off back to Hell laughing her ass off
This is how you deal with the "I want to redeem the succubus" fags.

Yeah, but you don't live to tell the tale

I actually did something like this once, though less of an instant kill and more of a brutal drain that would leave the character needing time to recover. Did cause the succubus to get access to a couple of the mcguffins the group was collecting too, one she immediately made use of because it let her get out mostly undetected, and the other she didn't really have a use for but since it could be used for magic-terraforming she was convinced it would make quite the useful trade good or potential gift to another mark later down the line.

The player who wanted to redeem her quit the group shortly after that.

>implying

My old PF group once met a redeemed Vrock paladin. Granted, we weren't the ones to redeem him, that was already done by then, but I gave the DM points for not just doing a redeemed succubus.

Vrocks are great though

Funny asshole bird satans