Magic system in Twilight?

How does it work? Or, more precisely - how SHOULD it work?

I asked /b/ and /tv/ and they were useless and kinda disappointing, respectively.

So, vampires are essentially parasitic in nature, surviving by infecting new hosts, and occasionally granting said host some random power. And they originate in Europe, while werewolves are native to America and simply reproduce - basically a subspecies of humans. And they have their own type of maigc (transformation, telepathy and something else I maybe forget).

Question - how are these powers determined - if random, then the same (or highly similar) powers should occasionally crop up. If predetermined, then by what - a higher being?; a limited pool of powers? And if they are limited, won't they eventually run out?

And the deepest question of them all - how does imprinting work? Jacob in the third movie (before Bella is prego) describes to her his inexplicable desire to protect her and be her everything - basically, he's imprinted on her. But it's not her, as revealed later, but her child. And at this point - unborn, unfertilized egg.

So what I'm really asking is - Can Jacob's dick see into the future? and how does that work into the werewolf magic system? (but the other questions are also serious, just not so sexy)

This place is not for you.

Leave now.

>Literally midichlorians

HRRRK

Nice biat

I know, but nobody else would answer, and now I just want to know if a penis can have the power to see into the future

if the dick part is bait for magical realm then sorry, but I am actually asking seriously. I know the author just threw the whole magic shit as an afterthought etc, it's kinda late, I might be a little dazed, and watching these movies with rifftrax on, and my mind just wanders. I wanna know, please?

Tumblr is that way.

Seriously. This place is not for you.

Sorry, but I will continue to avoid tumblr and reddit for as long as I can, but I will stop bumping this thread then. Sorry for annoying everyone with this silly nonsense.

Werewolf magic is all druidic tribal stuff, you know, lighting up the dankest peyote and going into drug-dazed hallucinations and convincing yourself that the ancestral spirits said Tom's daughter is gonna be your new cocksock.

Vampire "magic" is basically X-Man style DNA mutations. Which is why they're superfast, superstrong, and full of random superpowers. They don't actually make much sense since they're basically supposed to be gargoyles and the "blood" pumping through their veins is actually some kinda lubricant for their rock joints, because I guess vampiric arthritis sucks if they ever get that old?

Anyway, stop watching movies for girls, asshole.

bait do not reply guys

sage in all fields

yes, I get it, tg doesn't like this sorta crap as it can devolve into some obscene stuff or something? I don't really know what outcome people expect if they "bite" the bait. All I was doing is ask an admittedly dumb question about inconsequential stuff.

But a slightly modified question of this Is there a system (maybe GURPS? that can do almost anything right?) that can give individual parts of one body certain powers and independence over their usage?

Okay OP, partially out of pity and partially out of desire to quench another's thirst for knowledge, I'll tell you what's up

Surely you know JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, right?
That's it, that's what Twilight is. Twilight is JoJo.
Stephenie Meyer almost certainly wasn't aware she was copying JoJo when she wrote it because she's a woman and women don't read manly manga, but nevertheless she did

Sure, you can argue the differences in specifics, but when it boils down to its core, they're both settings where people have vague supernatural powers that are awakened by some trigger, are much more powerful than regular mortals, and most importantly, are REALLY pretty.
The biggest difference comes from Twilight being written as teenage schlick fuel so the author didn't care to elaborate on the powers versus Araki going to great lengths to make JoJo's stands as bizarre as the title and interesting/unique, but really, if you think about it, vampire powers are just SUPER simplified stand powers (because they're written by a bad writer).

So that said, the answer to your vampire-related questions would be "take how JoJo would do it, but have a woman write it," and you have what you need
Werewolves don't even get me started, I'm pretty sure that was all bullshitted and in the decade+ since I read the whole book series for the purpose of arguing why it's garbage instead of having a blind opinion I still haven't come up with an analogue for that, nor do I plan to
Also for the aforementioned reason, I feel I'm most qualified to tell you that you're gay for posting this here

hope that helps

The Quileute shapeshifters weren't actual werewolves. It's mentioned that James hunted a true werewolf across the tundra, and it wasn't anything like the shapeshifters in Forks. They were created as a result of Vampires arriving in the New World, and members of the tribe found themselves given a gift to fight off the invaders. Their presence in Forks when Bella returns is what causes the new generation in the tribe to change.

Yes it does, thank you, finally a real answer. And, once again, sorry for bothering tg with my idiotic mental deviation. I'm actually kinda surprised mods haven't deleted this yet

I was going to say X-Men, but yeah, basically the same thing. Get a few random tables for powers, or just a point based hero system, and you're set.

>how are these powers determined

They're probably personality based, but the author was too lazy to stick to this and flesh it out, so it became "lol what would be cool?".

>how does imprinting work?

Seems to be that its seeing the person. Jacob doesn't imprint until after Bella gives birth. Before that, he just has a stupid crush on Bella, and admits what he feels after imprinting is much, much more powerful than he felt before.

Vampires don't have blood at all. The only time they have anything in their veins is when they're first turned, and their human blood hasn't been absorbed fully yet. None of the vampires are ever shown to bleed, even when they get smashed to pieces.

>after imprinting is much, much more powerful than he felt before
Oh yeah, totally forgot, rifftrax is still on movie 4 so wasn;t reminded yet.
But I still wonder if a part of your body could have a power of sorts and be independently using it, but not possessed by another, just actually becomes sorta independent. I know this can lead to some freaky magical realm shit (like your penis knowing the future and getting erect to manipulate you into, for example, loving someone who will be important, but seems insignificant or outright be opposed to progress at the time)

The most infuriating thing about Twilight is that there is a genuinely good set of concepts and potential for a setting buried in there. Buried and dismembered in a lime lined shallow grave but it's in there somewhere.

Take the werewolves. The Injunz are not, in the setting, werewolves. Werewolves were a European thing of ohgodwat power that are by the 2000s either extinct or near as makes no difference because vampires don't like competition. Them there Injuns are just people who can transform into their tribes spirit animal that just happens to be a wolf BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY FUCKING DIFFERENT.

Now it could have been spun that the werewolves were all descended, or at least claimed to be, from Romulous and Remus. Romulous' line eventually ran dry due to the bloodline being guarded jealously and because of the unquestionable authority turning into an unstoppable killing machine gives you in early Iron Age societies. Eventually degenerate and immoral marriages (shit loads of inbreeding to maintain exclusive possession of the Gift) result in the line dying out, the last Romulan Werewolf being a twisted and sickely thing.

Remus left his brother over a stupid argument over a wall. He went north and sold his services to the Germanic tribal chiefs and lived more modest but more free. He took a wife for love rather than political gain and lived happily ever after. His children, those that left a mark in history at any rate, also went north looking for work or just curiosity and sold their services to the Jarls of Scandinavia. History of them is spotty at best but they seemed to flourish. There are still a fair few of them among the Finns and the Saami but they are no bother to anyone and have no one bother them and they are happy like this.

At least one family of them made it to Iceland in the late 700s - early 800s.

There was that film where a guy's amputated hand gains its own sentience and goes around killing people. Or there's Parasyte, where an alien invades a human's hand and makes it into a body. Or Harry Potter, where Wormtail's new metal hand chokes him to death for betraying Voldemort. Or the film Bad Johnson, where a guy's penis detaches and becomes an actual person. Or Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, where one of the Flying Dutchman's crew gets his head knocked off, but his body walks away without issue, ignoring the head on the floor (which grows crab legs and walks after them).

There are lot of prior examples to choose from.

Is this true to all fantasy?

I'm gonna need a quick rundown on vampire anatomy

Some time in the year 950 one of them gets in some trouble with the law (he done murdered a dude) and kicked off of Iceland. So he sets out west to set up his own frozen shithole with blackjack and hookers and mead. He was called Erik "the Red" Thorvaldsson. He founds a settlement and names it Greenland because he's a fucking funny bastard.

His son, Leif Erikson (also a werewolf), gets sick of Erik's shit and goes further west and discovers North America, sets up a colony and calls it Vinland becasue it was just so funny when dad did it. Place gets fucked up by a tribe of locals over a total misunderstanding over a steel sword and a misplaced cow. Most of the survivors head back to Greenland. Here history in-setting gets a bit unreliable. Everyone in Greenland attests that Leif came back but the American Werewolves claim he went native, settled down with a local woman and had a very loving and fruitful marriage, they point to there being werewolves in the Americas pre-colonization at all as proof of this.

Why are werewolves not more widespread in Europe now? Because the vampires genocided them bar a few isolated groups in the extremely remote locations.

There had been an Underworld style Lycan vs Vampire war, but it was almost a thousand years ago and the Vampires most definitely won. The American Wolves had no part in this one way or the other because after the failed Vinland colony nobody wanted to go back or even talk about the place so it faded from mind quite fast. But it is more than enough reason for the local Injun tribe get really fucking annoyed when the Cullens turn up. Especially because their patriarch is old enough to have taken part in that genocide.

And he totally did with the fire and passion of a young deluded zealot under the orders of Charles the Great of the Franks.

Or at least that's how it could have been.

No, that's just the Twilight "vampires". I personally prefer the very much blood-filled vampires of Hellsing Ultimate with the bodies of their victims floating around in Alucards inner demonic body/realm. Been a while since I've seen it, but in general classic vampires drink blood because it's their source of sustenance, so I'm guessing they have some form of metabolism and their own version of blood to distribute the nutrients etc to the rest of the body.

>Vampires don't have blood at all
Then how does Edward get an erection strong enough to impregnate Bella? BAM, PLOT HOLL.

oh gos, that scene just happened and, for some reason, despite him literally destroying wood and metal furniture and shaking up the house, none of her bones are broken, she's not even seriously bruised, and don't give me that edward was cacreful - bullshit, he was making love and dudes dont control themselves that much, especially super passionate ones.
Oh, right... Bella is immune to vampire powers, so his boner... wait....
her vampire-power-immune vagina ... did... did it nullify his boner's vampire nature and make it a semi-human boner? fucking stupid movie making me think such ridiculous crap

Oh good, yeah I also prefer the other vampires

>how does a creature made of stone have a penis hard enough to slide into a wet hole?

You're only watching the film. In the book, Bella is massively bruised by it, which is why Edward acts all mopey afterwards.

That's an extremely flimsy comparison. They both have people with various unique powers, and their systems are only similar insofar as they don't have any. None of the specific details match up, beyond "it varies from person to person" and presumably "it has something to do with their personality".

Right? and how does he even have functional sperm if its all stone? Seriously, does Bella's magic negate that? I know Meyer dont give a fuck why that shit dont make sense, but would that be a reasonable retcon - Bella's anti-magic turns it normal-ish?

and im okay with just that. Seems plenty of people here have either forcefully been or voluntarily delved into the books and all the "lore", for lack of a better word. you poor lads

Twilight is mary sue AS ALL FUCK

If wizards exist in that bitch's world, they're probably even worse than the sparklepires.

>how SHOULD it work?
Well since you asked
Oxygen should be poisonous to Vampires and Werewolves...

Also how weird would fantasy/sci fi Washington/ oregonn be.
I mean with Gravity Falls, Eureka, Twin Peaks, Twilight, shadowrun, the wicker man, the ring, the Goonies, the Librarians, coraline...
Why is it when writers need weird place... they're like fuck it... Pacific Northweast.