Paizo General

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Lycanthropy Edition

What kind of creatures would you like to see made into lycanthropes?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderdspwiki/home/dreamscarred-press/bloodforge/prestige-classes/kithlord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tardigrades, AKA Water Bears

Werewere. It's a non-human humanoid that turns into a human in full moon.

That's some fine taste, you got there.

>immune to: damage

What's a Star Child?

It's just Reincarnate, the Star Child crap is fluff.

A miserable pile of secretes.

So has anyone attempted to do custom weapon modifications yet, or is it too soon for those to really be a thing? I'm thinking of trying one, but I'm not quite sure how impactful modifications should be. Infusion Launcher modification for crossbows, with a relevant alchemist/investigator discovery: y/n?

2001 a space odyssey

> At fifth level, the kith hunter’s hatred reaches its ascendance, spurring her to supernatural feats of slaughter; whenever she reduces a creature with 5 or more Hit Dice to 0 or less hit points, she acts again this round,
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY! JESUS CHRIST

Here's a whole set of weapon and armor modifications Paizo wrote up back in ye olde Dragon Magazine.

I'm hoping the options for pets on technomancer aren't retarded.
Give me 3 robot types and an option to refluff as needed, I don't want the list of 200 shits no one even looks at twice like PF.

I'm planning to use Versatile Design in combination with Martial Performance to get falcata proficiency on my bard, but that's about the extent of it for now

I guess I should have specified: Have people made their own HOMEBREWED modifications yet?

Is armor of the pit worth taking as a Tiefling Magus?

Yes, but what IS it? inquiring minds want to know

>players want to cast wish
>tell that that it's going to be basically impossible
>ask why, they know that they know a wizard high enough level
>tell them that in order to cast wish they need a diamond the size of a basketball
>tell them that diamonds that large basically don't exist
>tell them that with research they know of 2, maybe 3, diamonds that size
>two are crown jewels the other is implanted in the chest of a demigod and powers his heart
>players get pissed they can't cast wish

Was I in the wrong?

no

2001 a space odyssey

You could just so "no" without justification because if they can't cast it themselves the 25k price is not enough. Or whatever they cast the wish for just give them a vision of a dark sun upon which a text appears saying "Try Again Later".

>two are crown jewels
That sounds like an adventure

This
No, but next time inform players before the campaign even starts that you want Wish off the table.

BREAK THE ACTION ECONOMY BY BEING A SELF-HATING JEW

People who think charging should let you full-attack at the end without taking feats or penalties.

>people are only just now realizing how broken Kith Hunter is.
I bet you don't know about the broken Blood Frenzy feat from Bloodforge either.

Weremantis
Wereshrimp available in Bullet and Mantis varieties
Werekomodo
Were-dinosaurs
Wereape (or at least a Weregorilla)
Weresquid
Werestag
Werescarab
Wereweasel
Werebadger
Wereowlbear
Weremanta
Werefrog/toad
Weresnake
Werebedbug
Werman used again as the proper general noun for males

Thoughts anyone?

That doesn't seem so bad unless you're playing a musou game or something. Unless I'm missing something the feat looks a little on the weak side.

So druids and magi?

How do magi do that?

B L A D E D
D A S H

I'd settle for synergy between shapechanger races and shapechanger classes, becase right now there's none

Sooo, how did WotR go, did they have their first session yet?

>Take Versatile Design on a non-monk weapon
>Add it to the Monk Group
>still not a Monk weapon, so take Ascetic Style to beable to use it any time you could use Unarmed strikes
>Comgrats, you can now flurry with battleaxe, rapier, spear, or anything else now really
Worth, or no?

Not really, its like 3 feats

How does that let them full-attack and charge without penalties?

But user, Monk of the Empty Hand already can wield AND flurry with every weapon in the game.

Racial bonuses stack, unless all you do is single enemy boss fights it's basically Weapon Focus multiple times over.

Yes

Can vital strike be optimal without permanent enlarge person?

Literally Spell Combat.

Now we just need a wereweevil or roaches and its a fight.

Actally, I know Entothropes are now a thing, so were there any Werebeetles?

Well thank you for clearing that.

Also don't say "Literally" when you don't mean to clarify a metaphor or an analogy as something literal. Using it as an emphasis just makes you look like a retard who skipped high school because writing is hard.

I see its your first time on Veeky Forums. Welcome to the internet, and don't forget you're here forever

actually in this case, literally was appropriate, as if you had read spell combat, you would have understood why bladed dash lets a magus full attack and move. So.

DSP was a mistake.

user, language is constantly evolving. "Literally" is also usable as an intensifier. Check the Merriam-Webster, or the OED if you're feeling particularly uptight.

You don't like it, stop using English and use Spanish or German, where they have all sorts of fancy regulatory bodies.

>I see its literally your first time on Veeky Forums. Welcome to the internet, and don't forget you're literally here forever

Wasn't Bloodforge literally just pushed by one guy, and none of the other devs even wanted to touch the thing?

>language is literally constantly evolving

I used to say "DSP is pretty nice" but now I have to clarify "if you look at nothing other than their psionics port".

Why dimensional dervish has BaB of +6 as requirement, who can have all feats before reaching +6BaB?

Literally can also mean figuratively.
Language evolution is fun.

In order for it to cost more

It's retarded is what it is.

A lot of the PoW feats are nice.

bumpo?

>MEMES, JACK, THE DNA OF THE SOUL

Some stuff in the various books is amazing (some of the subrace stuff in Bloodforge Infusions, for example), but there's tons of dubious stuff. Just like 1pp.

Yeah but dubious stuff in 1pp is usually just trash like base Medium.

but mediums are actually pretty good

I apoligize user, buy you seem to be suffering from either aspergers, or being an English major.

There is some overlap though

Over the course of the fight. You get more accurate the more stuff dies around you but I imagine it won't go higher than.

Then again when you combine it with bonuses from other places it could get pretty dumb pretty fast.

Isn't that the class doesn't have class features without constant DM fiat?

If you've got nothing else to take, sure.

What went wrong?

Or was there anything really right in the first place? Psionics is basically a port of a great 3.5 system. How did PoW go so wrong then?

>Medium
>good
Yeah no. Worse than core rogue.

They tried to be creative and made up their own shit instead of just porting ToB.
Except, whoops, it turns out they have only one good writer (Forrest) while everyone else is a fanfiction.net tier shitter who can only write garbage.

Their PR guys all have brain problems, and the one with the least number of them got put in time-out for actually talking to customers.

Nah, its fine, its just weirdly specialized at its job

except for spirit dancer medium, who toes the line of too good

It's pretty easy to cheese with a summoner in your party at the beginning of battle. 2 HD minimum is fucking nothing. Hell, you can keep a sack of angry animals on hand to pump up your damage before a fight.

How fast will Third Party Stuff ruin Starfinder?

How fast will companies try to push their !Wizard with access to game breaking spells?

How best to do a !Halo campaign?

The writers are all varying degrees of fucked in the head
Examples:
Gareth is an alcoholic with daddy issues
Forrest has gender dismorphia
Sslarn is just autistic (I think he doesn't write for them anymore though)

>9-initiators day 1

>How fast will Third Party Stuff ruin Starfinder?
Not as fast as the First Party stuff will

>Forrest has gender dismorphia
Forrest is unironically their best writer, though.

>How fast will Third Party Stuff ruin Starfinder?
You mean before Paizo ruins it?

True that, still mentally ill though. Even if it is a relatively widely accepted mental disorder.

Mental illness makes for the best writers though.

Also the worst writers.

Wanting to dress in drag and pretend to be a girl doesn't make you mentally ill, it just makes you an idiot

A couple of months, meanwhile paizo already ruined it and isn't even out yet.

>gender dysphoria doesn't exist ebin
You're the one who should go to /pol/, m8.

I've heard the "bag of rats trick" on so many occasions, always applying to something else, but when has a GM ever let a player do this outside of munchkin campaigns?

>linking me to /pol/
Back off my faggy bud, we all are mentally ill here in some way or another.
Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't make us any less sick though.

Which class are you thinking they nicked up? Think they couldn't go all the way and make the Soldier effective to keep the Casters happy?

its just something thats an example of bad design

There are three types of "pet" I want that I believe encompass every type of pet you could have in a sci-fi setting.

I want EDI, I want Bladewolf, and I want BT-7274.

>tfw trying to make bladewolf in pf
>tfw the pit of suffering that is the alchemist

go lay down broodie

ITS 4PM

I want to play a musou PF campaign, if not just to see how it works.

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderdspwiki/home/dreamscarred-press/bloodforge/prestige-classes/kithlord

Guess what? Another PrC. This one seems a little bit LESS busted than Kith Hunter. Why, it seems... disappointingly average. Tell me what you think after this commercial break.

I really wanna play a Decataur nerd now, one who goes to the gym and is smart but gets tired easily and has to deal with being four-legged and horse-y in a world of two-legged folks.

Yo BT-7274 is rad, I agree, some kind of Large-sized mecha buddy would be lovely. I would also add in ED-E from New Vegas to that list, because man, that little guy was CUTE!

I actually played a game where somebody got booted for buying sheep and trying to train them to circle him so he could trigger AoO from them and Cleave the enemy for each sheep that got near enough. The sheep scattered, obviously, and he was incredibly butthurt and got kicked for being belligerent. I've never seen it go off without a hitch, but I've seen it attempted.

>Fit/Lit Decataur
>Can take the Elf Occultist FCB because it's an elf hybrid

it's perfect

Halo would be UNSC Marines burning out Covenant Remnant forces around glassed planets slated for terraforming. You don't make "cash," but instead clout used to requisition better arms and armor.

>language is literally evolving in a figurative sense

ED-E fits under the Bladewolf umbrella of techno-pets, doesn't it?

Go back to tumblr, transtrender.