Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Ave Dominus Nox edition.

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Severian_(The_Wolf)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Drukhari!

Second for SoB rape.

Buy a BoP box, trade characters and talons for more marines, use the rest to buy some tanks and dreads.

If I start Death Guard, am I bandwagon jumping?

This turned out surprisingly well.

I have 250 burger bucks and I'm starting Iron Hands, WAT DO

The Space Marine SC! Is unironically a good place to start any nonsnowflake marine chapter.

Reconsider.

Having started running my mostly craftworld force as Ynnari, I'm going to say you're only half right.

3-4 man units of cannon bikes, 2 three man squads of dark reapers in the pack line. 2 5 man Howling banshee squads in a wave serpent.
I'm going to try out shinning spears soon too.

The ten man guardian squad hopping out of WS and getting 2 turns of shooting under guide, then probably dying because T3 5+.

I'm mainly running it because battle focus is now quite meh, but CW have been getting some pretty good bonuses from Ynnari, it's just not for heavy wraith lists.

See

76 anons can you please help me build a list around massed shadow spectres? Like 3 units of 10?

>need to paint a lord of contagion, malignant plaguecaster and bloat drone
>need to finish painting my noxious blightbringer
>need to assemble and paint 20 poxwalkers, 10 plague marines, 3 characters and a bloat drone

So much work.

And I've told myself I won't start on new cool stuff till I've finished this.

Fuck you Fulgrim

First: Don't play Iron Hands
Second: Don't play Space Marines
Third: Don't play 40k.
Forth: Don't play miniature war game.

I feel bad that everyone else gets special characters and Primarchs while the Iron Father hasn't existed since 3rd.

Consider getting an airbrush so you can have a crack at the more interesting smoke-y metal scheme.

All the bandwagoners will jump off in a couple of weeks. Just stay with them and nobody will complain.

Yeah, okay, if you're not going crazy with the Wraith stuff, then yeah. I'd still say a couple suicide squads of DE can't hurt.

That looks olive to me...

I would honestly recommend waiting until the Codex is out.
Grab a box of Tacs and the Iron Hands upgrade sprue (think you'll need to hit ebay now).
They *had* Masters of the Forge in the 6e 'dex.

What kind of Iron Hands are you thinking?

Mechanicum/Space Marines mixed army, terminator spam?

For the former take Onagers with Neutron Lasers for heavies.

2nd for the dark city!!

I'd say start by not using forge world.
Then continue by not using forge world.
Then finish with no forge world.

HEY I CLAIMED SECOND!

Yeah, nah fuck off, m8

I feel you. My Poxwalkers are going to be minimalistic as fuck, just Rakarth Flesh skin with half a dozen shades and then either brown or grey for the clothing and then metallics for the weapons. Done. Not going to do anything actually challenging for fucking chaff.

Fifth: Don't even live.

Also have a Rhino lying around here from eight years ago that's dusty all over and I swore I'll Nurgle it up.

Nuh uh! Now I get 3rd too

Do you have to prime colored plastic?

Isn't the codex out in like a week, if they turn out to be THAT bad I'll use another chapter

Mostly fluffy, like Dreadnoughts, tanks, lots of bbrrrrttt. Eventually I'll get some mechanicum

Yes. It's about getting the other layers of paint to stick to the mini, user.

Friend, what do you think primer does?

Nah just chew on them a bit so the paint sinks into the tooth marks

I figured but like if you still have to prime them then why are they colored plastic? What's the point?

Y'Vahra+ATS attacks Lemon Rust

5.83+1
6.83 wounds after saves

Apply Nova reactor to both guns and light up with full MLs

8.75+9.6+2M
18.35 plus 2 mortals after saves

Can I use the Aerial Drop ability on Cyclops and Tarantulas to make deep-strikes? I'm planning to use a squadron of Cyclops to act as a distraction and force the enemy to run away from the objectives

So that people don't feel the need to paint them.

Holy hell yes. Never paint directly onto plastic and most definitely don't count the plastic as a paint. The coats you apply directly over it have a bad habit of flaking off when you start dry-brushing.

They coloured them so that you can play straight out of the box. There's a bit of colour, which makes them look like models for a board game, but if you actually want to paint them, treat them like you would treat any other plastic.

It's for kids mate

>Have a Chaos Predator, 5 Raptors, 5 Terminators, and 6 CSM needing assembly and paints

What do?

see

So what codexes, aside from the four known ones, are we expecting to be out this year?

Ultramarines are going to be really good when the codex drops.

Being able to fall back and shoot is going to make them very slippery.

Predator if it were me.

What loadout you giving it?

STOP IT

Check the FAQ from today, otherwise, looks like lmao

I'm fairly certain the Aerial Drop rule has restriction on what it works on through KEYWORDS OF GAYNESS right? As long as it doesn't violate them, it's fine.

Probably 5 flavors of Spess Muhreen, then some eldar and tau

The thing is, mechanicum tanks are fluffy for you and way better than SM tanks.

Dreadnoughts are great as well.

R'Varna with ATS and full MLs
versus TEQs no invul
4.18 kills each each receiving 3 damage

versus Lemon
7.84 wounds post save

Exodite Eldar. Screencap this.

What Dreads would be best

>Numbers of Imperial Guard
>Weapons of the Astartes
>Faith of the Sororitas
>Knowledge of the Inquisition
>The Imperium could not function without us
>Made the Primaris marines, and their tech

Techlets, when will they learn that the Ad Mech is the true power behind the Imperium? Everyone should just convert to the Cult Mechanicus, and make our lives easier. Imagine:

>Every Marine is a Techmarine
>Sisters of battle get acts of faith as well as Canticles
>Imperial Guard all have assault 3, bs 3+

Ironclads.
Possibly some Forge World variants.

Bah, it's not that good an effect. -1 To Hit means they sure as fuck won't be shooting overcharged Plasma at you so the scariest thing you can reasonably expect is Veterans with Combi-Flamers shooting, charging, punching, punching, falling back and shooting.

I mean sure it's nice but I assume the other Chapters will get something else just as decent.
If Iron Hands get their FnP back and it doesn't get translated into a 6++ Invuln like all other Bionics, their Primaris Marines are going to be hardy as fuck.

I want IH to get +1 T

Do you by chance know which FW Dreads? I'm definitely going to be trying to make the Iron Council

Ad Mech waifus are mechanically superior as well

Totally best would be a Leviathan woth double grav flux bombards, but it is expensive and probably want people to play with you.

Go for lascannon and fist first, they are great anti-vehicle and monstrous creatures. Try some games like that, then look at rifling up more as you get a feel for the meta.

See

If the Mechanicus had led the crusade instead of the dumb Emperor, humanity wouldn't be in the mess it's in. Servitors don't rebel.

What color should I paint her hair? I wanted to do something different and deviate from the normal red hair they show on the box/website. I was thinking white+ Coelia greenshade, white+ Druchii violet, or even some sort of blue.

How come they never made an all grots army like Night Goblins in fantasy?

That is true

Purple with black highlights

Hell, if each Chapter gets its own Psychic Discipline, the Iron Hands might just get Warpmetal Armour from the Technomancy discipline, which would be a Toughness buff power, which would be damn fine.

I want the same so they made cibernetic +1 T, i want to have a generic mini yarrick as HQ

You're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do.

So I'm confused about chaos marines. Does the geneseed cause corruption of the marines?

I thought that they are individuals. If it's not the seed, does that mean there are still pockets of loyal marines with geneseed of corrupt primarchs? Do they just join the Deathwatch or something?

Why do you say that? So far only restrictions for ITC are 30 PL or lower and 3 maximum detachments

For kids who don't want to paint or just don't know the steps to painting minis.

Just stretching, lad. Nothing sexual at all.

Pic related. There's no nipples on it, add them if you want.

Chaos Decimators with dual Soulburner Petards still look decent even at 210 points now.

What's a good varnish?

The Individual causes the corruption, most chaos marines in the Horus heresy were results of the marines being more loyal to their
traitor Primarchs than the emperor.

WELL MAYBE IF YOUR REAL DAD HUNG AROUND YOU WOULDN'T BE STEALING PEOPLE'S POSTS!

What is ITC anyway? Im new and I see the term thrown around here.

Damn, that's hot

R'Varna is best for spanking heavy infantry, especially does work again Tyranids, makes sense fluff-wise.

Markerlights+ATS against Tyranid warriors

6.3 warriors killed, at 25 ppm it removes 158 points per volley

>A second new Eldar faction within the recent while

god no

I bet the sex would be shocking

Exactly. Imagine the moment Horus rebelled, his brain shut off. Emps should have just become the Fabricator General.

Truth. Not to mention their ships Navy better than the actual Navy and every single midranked officer has a sodding Power Fist and Meltagun sometimes. They like to think we're subordinate, though.

I've been reading Binary Succession and it looks like the Admech utterly owned their alliance negotiations. They're now utterly indispensable to the Imperium and are even more coordinated than before, and the fear of the Imps muscling in on their shit never really happened.

So what happened to those who stayed loyal?

They got scooped up by Malcador and formed the basis for the Inquisition, Grey Knights, etc.

Excellent question, Private! Please report to your Commissar for more information!

Kind of annoying that Kriegs can't take mars patherns or annihilators Leman Russ Commanders well at least they added all the artllery for their army list

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Severian_(The_Wolf)

Twin lascannons + side lascannons

My list needs more long range AT.

Also it's implied a rogue loyalist cult of the Thousand sons went on to form the Blood Ravens

I don't like it. Less reason to play Vanilla Guard now that they have all my best toys.

this dude keeps drawing the same face over and over... zzz

Having something putting up conceal is going to be huge deal for you. Without the -2 to hit those expensive guys are going to die fast. You're going to want a farseer and/or an autarch to let those prisms get the multiple hits.

You'll want something with more range, as 30" threat is nice but not enough to hit the vehicles.

Prism rifles do seem to make you want blasters from DE a little less.

If you want 10 man shadowspecter units, I'd say give them cheaper screens or something to trigger soulburst of if you're going ynnari.

What is artstyle? He also did and that isn't the same.

That loadout is great, but 202 points, 100 of them for the guns is fucking expensive.

is ITC keeping the stupid 'finishing deploying first only give you a +1 on the roll to go fist'?

Yeah. Fucking Simpsons. Same face over and over. Fucking Family Guy. Fucking Scooby Doo!

I just fucking want the an Annihilator Commander for my codex Guard,

I have three leman ruses, two heavy weapons squads of three teams each, three squads of guardsmen, a command squad, a few chimeras, two squads of skitarii, two onager dunecrawlers, a tech priest dominus, and cawl to build. Don't get me started on painting.

That's cool. So presumably some became Deathwatch. I'm guessing they don't display the shoulder though as it's embarrassing.

They can't even take the Stormblade, i fucking love that tank and most of the books that it appear are in Krieg colors.