Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blue everywhere edition.

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

spikeybits.com/2017/07/fate-of-konor-campaign-box-revealed.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qMBEuAJgZUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What color should I do the staff of the weapon? Should I go with the same blue ive used on other parts or go with a green similar to what will be in the rib grooves?

Second for someone posting a link to the agressor and Reiver boxes

green

Legitimately thin your paints. And green.

How are forgefiends in this edition? I need some high strength weapons to help take down T7 and 8 vehicles, but that 4+ BS with heavy is kind of awful... Would it be better to just slap a lascannon on a helbrute?

Send in a Maulerfiend instead. Forgefiends are okay at best because of that 4+.

So, how much hate will I generate from you guys if I use Cypher to bridge the Imperium/Chaos border?

I want to take Magnus/Sekhmet Termis for my preheresy TS.

This month WE DINE IN KONOR!!!!!!!

>twin-lascannons damage=d6
>ectoplasma damage=d3
>hades autocannon damage=2
Helbrute is more effective tankbuster.
They all have the Heretic Astartes keyword so you can cast Prescience on them both for a 2+ to hit from the Helbrute and a 3+ from the Forgefiend.
Cypher is the only thing that can run in both, putting Cypher in your list doesn't mean you can run Imperium and Chaos in the same list they still need to share at least one faction keyword.

Dark Eldar and the rest of the NPCs are sitting that out of course

Nah, they fuck over both like the perfidious Xenos that they are.

It'd probably be easier to just invent your own Thousand Sons warband and say they kept an armor scheme similar to their 30k variant though. Magnus did bring all the exiled and scattered warbands back into the fold in Wrath of Magnus after all.

Is every faction going to be able to take part in this?

Fuck

Well, good to know.

Xenos can play in Fate of Konor, they just need to decide which side they're fighting for each game.

GOD DAMN IT, JUST GIVE ME PLASTIC INCUBI, THAT'S ALL I'M FUCKING ASKING FOR

They can, they just have to choose either to help chaos or the imperium.

Yes. It's Imperium vs Chaos, but Xenos players can choose to help whichever they wish.

So, can I use Issodon to infiltrate a Land Speeder Storm full of Scoots?

So which side are Xeno players fighting for? I'm Orks, and I'm going to do my best to bring down Imperial Numbers.

Are the Aggressors and Reivers boxes the only leaks today for the SM release?

Hoping to see the rumored Primaris flyer or at least some rules.

Rememba, Safe-t first in dis waagh. Always wear yer helmet to keep da umie boolits and bits o' metal from given yer noggin a zoggin. Rememba, you aint no good'un if yous a dead'un, a livin boy'z a fightin boy

XENOS UNITE!! The imperium has grown complacent with the return of their once downed primarch! Let them know that the corpse god nor his son can save them!

WHEN IS MORTARION!?!?

>For every ten models in the unit, one rubric Marines may replace his inferno boltgun with a soul reaper cannon.
Does this mean I need to have 10 models in the unit to take a soulreaper? Or just say at 11 guys I can have two soulreapers?

I just want lots of BRRRRRRT

NEXT MONTH PROBABLY

yeah, but wheres the best fightin at?

Do we know what the army composition is supposed to be? I saw the Warhammer World event page says 1750pts, but that's a special subevent.

As a Tzeentch daemon player I'm throwing every game in that campaign.

Fuck Nurgle.

The 1st.

how is 11 guys 2 sets of 10 models?

Likewise brother! Hail the architect of fate!

>Not wanting to fuck over Chaos just to hear Carnac's autistic screeching
Shit taste user.

Everything on the way to and on Konor proper green friend.

THEY CAN'T START THE KONNOR CAMPAIGN WITHOUT BIG MORT! THIS IS BULLSHIT!

SCHEMES
C
H
E
M
E
S

Carnac please, don't pretend to be Xenos or friends with xenos

Konor leaks

spikeybits.com/2017/07/fate-of-konor-campaign-box-revealed.html

CONSCRIPT SPAM BTFO

This, my daemons and 1k sons aren't helping nurgle one bit.

Though in all honesty, I'll probably just field my Blood Ravens instead, since it's not sporting to sabotage your own side. Fluffy sure, but not anymore fun than spamming fake batreps. Actually, how will GW get the results?

As a Slaanesh player, I for one welcome our Xenos allies against the Imperium.
I may hate Nurgle but unlike these two chuckleheads I'm not an idiot. Also smurfs are more likely to scream loudly than Death Guard.
Probably after the campaign.

>Tzeentch Daemon army in 8th
>"Intentionally" losing games
I'd be laughing if I wasn't already crying.

Its not but it doesnt say I need 10 it just say 'for every ten units in the unit'. Ergo with 11 models in the unit I can have 2.

Are you sure?

This is a conspiracy! Gw wants to hold off morty until the campaign starts to keep the chaos man down! RIOT.

You stick to your magic guns. I can respect that.

>helping chaos
I shiggy diggy. It's like you want the end times all over again. Do you really want chaos shitposters and Carnac spamming threads for months about how they won?

>"Intentionally" losing games
Sadly all that it takes to do that in not take the changeling, but yeah tfw.

>campaign
LITERALLY
WHO

CARES

Who is Carnac?

As a Black Legion player, even I want Carnac to shut the hell up, so I'll be bringing my small force of Tyranids to fight for Imperium instead.

Ultramarines are all wtf I respect Tau
Blood Angels play coop with Necrons
Eldar are primarch waifus
Tyranids are a faceless faction so you ignore them

Why should xenos not ally with the IoM, what has chaos done for them?

I do. Sounds fun as fuck and there's a chance GW won't just retcon the result because they don't like it like they did with the 13th Black Crusade because Konnor doesn't really fucking matter.

Annoying autist who loves to shit up threads with his ADB-tier "Chaos is unbeatable and has already won forever XD" brand of wankery. The Imperium needs to crush the Death Guard just so it can rubbed in his face every time he pops up.

You seen upset user. How are things?

C'mon, user. You should know by now that even if it's a crushing defeat for Chaos there'll still be endless threads about how it actually wasn't.

A scapegoat to retort to anything or anyone you don't want to argue with

I am remind of that thread about... Octarius?
Chaos was driven from the planet and that was a "draw"

Oh sweet innocent Newfriend.
Yeah, chaos getting completely BTFO like in Storm of Chaos would take him down a peg. If only we could some how make it so it ends with abby getting the snot kicked out of him by ghazzy. An impossibility (at least for this campaign) but anything to make him shut up. Xenos BTFOing chaos would be especially hurtful to him I think

Dark Eldar have a weird deal with Slaanesh, they cause suffering to extend their lifespans in an attempt to stay out of Slaanesh, plus they fuck up Imperium all the time.
Necron hate everything.
Tau are stupid and easily manipulated.
Orks want to fight everything.
Nids want to eat everything.
There's plenty of fluff reason for both sides.
Except Craftworld Eldar but fuck those nerds.

If I'm running two 30-bug units of Hormagaunts; how do I want to kit out my eight-or-so Warriors in relation to them? Should I keep them cheap and go for "me too" melee? Or count on the gribblies getting into combat first and have a shooting option ready?

To be fair, 90% of every plot written about Chaos is how they win by losing.

>Oh, you may have killed the Chaos Lord and retaken the planet but turns out I did this weird Khorne ritual so you actually helped Chaos by killing us! HA!
>Aww man, well I guess the Imperium loses then.

I haven't decided if I like these or hate them.

Those look slightly less retarded than the Centurions, but that isn't much of a complement. Them abs though.

Great motivations there, truly inspired now
>This one is stoopid, the other one wants to help the thing it hates the most, and anything Eldar helping Chaos

>elites
Oh shit, quick rules question, I can run Noise Marines as Elite even though everything in my army is Emperor's Children by just saying I'm not running them as an Emperor's Children Data Sheet right?

I think they would look great with lightning claws.

Honestly Tau don't really have much reason to be at Konor for either side.

noise marines with emperors children as their legion are troops, and elites with any other legion. it will only matter for buffs that depend on being in the same legion to work

you can have different legions in the same detachment, so yes you could do that

Apparently, some guy on YT BR claimed that GWs support on FB said that second is true. While that would be truly awesome

>YT
>facebook

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Oh wait so I'm not the only one. Hmmm.
Its just that the way the rules are written is different then most other entries for wargear options.

>Dark Eldar have a weird deal with Slaanesh
No, they're terrified of Slaanesh and appeasing it with torture.
Chaos spreading any further isn't good for them; if nothing else its less good raiding targets for them.
So my Dark Eldar are throwing in with the Imperium for this one.

I don't have any other Legions.
I guess I could bring my Terminators, Chosen and both my Helbrutes that week.
I wonder if I'll be allowed to use the Sonic Dreadnought rules from the FW FAQ for the campaign.

Carnac is Alpharius.

On the topic of konor, who do you all think is going to win?
Not who you want to, but what you expect the result to be.

2k 5CP
Supreme Command Detachment
Yvraine
Warlock Skyrunner, singing spear
Warlock

Vanguard Detachment: Ynnari
_
Autarch Skyrunner, x2 avenger shuriken catapults
Yncarne
_
x5 Wyches, agonizer, hydra gauntlet
Venom
x5 Wyches, agonizer, hydra gauntlet
Venom
_
x10 Shadow Spectres, exarch
_
x10 Scourges
x10 Scourges

What should I change about this list?

the size of your tiny dick

It's sad you won't be helping chaos, but the idea of Dark Eldar flying to the defence of Konor because "we can't steal their shit if they get killed!" is hilarious to me.
I have no idea.

>Ergo with 11 models in the unit I can have 2.
I hope English isn't your first language, because that's absolutely not how you read that in any way.

IoM+Xenos>>Chaos

Neither do a lot of factions, but that is besides the point.
At the very least, they aren't that far from Ultramar

>Make Primaris Centurions
>Not make them as adorably stupid as the Centurions

You don't have to take ALL the silly out you know...

>I hope English isn't your first language
I'm Australian so no.

>For every ten models in the unit, one rubric Marines may replace his inferno boltgun with a soul reaper cannon.
Min squad is 5. From 5-10 one soulreaper. 11-20 2 reapers.

They probably have the same missile launchers as the Redemptor now that I think about it

Imperium 100%

Because people who play this game are fucking stupid, that's how.

Do you not understand what 10 is or something? Hint 5=/=10
No wonder the FAQs are full of dumb questions

All Xenos will help out the Imperium because they see Chaos as a false rival faction.

What? Ultramar is next door to the T'au Empire. If anything, the Tau would be there to safeguard their borders. Having Chaos make a stronghold for it so close to the T'au Empire would be a detriment to it, conversely allowing the Imperium to consolidate their power by defeating the traitors would mean more Imperial forces standing between the Tau and fresh conquests.

It doesnt say you have to have ten models for the rubrics. It just specifies that a unit of ten may take 1 reaper.

Heres the scarab occult Termis entry for example.
>One Scarab Occult Terminator may take a hellfyre rack. If the unit contains ten models, a second Scarab Occult Terminator may also do this.

>All Xenos will help out the Imperium
At my LGS it's the opposite. We don't like Smurfs and none of us want to see them win at something again. We got sick of that a while ago.

>ten models
Is five equal to ten in kangaroo land? Is eleven composed of ten and ten, or ten and one?

Is this referring to the end of Imperium Secundus, or the beginning of the Siege of Terra?

Just change the legion name to emporers kiddies.
Now you get to use elite noise marines in your coherent faction.

Imperium Secundus ended in the previous novel of that storyline. This novel is about the Primarchs trying to reach Terra. Navigating the Ruinstorm.

The Lion will be forced to go to his homeworld.
Girlyman will be stalled by something.
Angel boy will be the only one who will make it by the end of the book.

There I spoiled it for you.

How are five rubrics a unit of ten?

No shit Sherlock. I'm more concerned about the potential ramifications of the Siege of Terra being novelized.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing without answer to my posts?
It doesnt say they have to be a unit of ten. It just says that for every ten models one may take a reaper.

Sangy will arrive as the siege is underway. Other than a few paragraphs, you won't get much more.

I'm sorry you feel as if you need to lash out for your insecurities

Thin your fucking paints. I almost died of cancer just clicking that image.

Scarab Occult Terminator entry
>If the unit contains ten models

Rubric entry
>For every ten models in the unit

Are 10 horrors really worth 220 points? I love the concept of the splitting, but it's more than twice the cost of any other daemon infantry. And where in the instructions do I find what smite does?

Tau popping up something like this when
youtube.com/watch?v=qMBEuAJgZUE

Where Hogan is the conflict of Konor