Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

>Pathfinder for fantasy
>Starfinder for sci-fi
What do we use to foolishly cling to -finder d20 in a modern setting like a fake Shadowrun?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pummeling-charge-combat/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo-brawler-archetypes/winding-path-renegade-brawler-archetype/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do I gestalt with paladin if I want to hit people with a greatsword?

Do you have 3pp available? If so, Zweihander Sentinel Warder, though trying to combo Int and Cha will make you MAD as shit. Warlord would also work pretty well.

Another option is bloodrager, particularly if you take a bloodline that gives you kickass strength boosts, like Abyssal, or go for thematic and go for celestial. (worth noting is that demon-spawn tieflings have bonuses to both charisma and strength, and angelspawn aasimar have the same. both work really well)

Scaled Fist Monk with Crusader's flurry.
Now you can flurry with your greatsword.

Don't listen to this foot.

Do a Zealot, its insanely good to combo with Paladin. Or Warlord if you can beg your DM to not use the errata version.

But the real best choice hands down is Oracle. Make a half-elf Lunar Oracle, go the Lorekeeper route, eventually take Paragon Surge.

Now you can smite, and cast wizard spells, and cleric spells, and buff yourself tremendously all based on Cha!

How does the Scholar class compare to the rest? Weaker than most? Stronger? What's good/bad about it?

Assuming bullshit tier magic was at play, could an intellect devourer become good and still use its body thief ability?

Would it have to only take over bad people? Willing hosts? What if it were taking bad people to do good things in their body to try and lessen their cosmic burden in the afterlife?

tldr how can a nasty brain parasite be a good guy?

See Zealot is incredible for a Paladin, it fits mechanically and thematically.

What's stopping me from crafting a Headband of Vast Intelligence +8? Or +10? Or +10000? I don't see any minimum caster level requirement.

If paladins can bash in the brains of some evil doer and be good I'm sure an intellect devourer can be good while snatching the bodies of the wicked

the CL requirement and gold requirement

A good intellect devourer is hard to imagine. Their main method of gaining sustenance relies on harming others. They could probably become at least nonevil by restraining themselves, or finding an alternative method of staying alive.

But the only way for one to steal a body and not have it be an evil act is probably by doing something like giving a mercy kill to someone who's about to die anyway, or who willingly gives themselves up as an act of kindness to the creature.

I can't find anything mentioning a caster level requirement, beyond being high enough level to cast the required spell. Some wondrous items say "creator must be Xth level" but the majority don't, and the belts/headbands make no mention of a minimum caster level.

Obviously gold and time make a +1000 item a little silly, but near as I can tell a level 3 Wizard could make one.

The missing CL increases the DC of the crafting check.

What missing CL? There doesn't appear to be a minimum caster level

Does anyone have any general tips for playing a Betrothed? I generally want the companion to smash things with a greatsword, and the actual PC be a more dainty spellcasting type thing.

How well do /pfg/ lewdgames compete against such numbers?

The CL of the item.
The crafting check DC is the CL of the item +5, plus an additional five for every prereq you don't meet, excluding the casting feat, which is absolutely required as the crafting cannot be attempted without it.

The DM.

>main method of gaining sustenance relies on harming others
That kinda hits every carnivore, and in a world with sentient plant creatures, even the herbivores are on the hook.

What lore exists on them in PF seems to indicate they eat and drink as normal, and they brain-burrow to feel. That unless they are jacked into another creature, they can't feel emotions.

DM's gonna make his call either way, I just know one of the other players bitches about how mind control should be evil and I don't want to sit through that again if I don't have to.

Near as I can tell the book/SRD lists a caster level of 8, and doesn't say anything about that increasing for higher-bonus items

So if I'm interpreting this right, a level 8 wizard who knows Fox's Cunning and has Craft Wondrous Item, can make a belt/headband of whatever insanely high bonus he can afford, and all he has to do is succeed on a DC13 check?

Guys, there's something I must know.
Is Zyzz really just the mortal avatar of Kurgess?

That's technically right, but you need a gold amount equal to the bonus squared times 1k
Also you need to spend a week for every 1k worth of gold.
Soooo
There's that limit

/pfg/ lewdgames will literally get me to cum as many times as I think about them. It could be hundreds and hundreds of times if I didn't exercise self-control

He took steroids to get his serious gains, I'd label him an Ex-Paladin.

Pretty good, but it's a quality over quantity situation.

>Mounted archery
What am I missing? This looks like monk levels of movement speed and a full attack every round. there has to be something mechanically getting in the way of it, right? Not just "hur dur good luck getting your mount in this dungeon"

It's actually just mounts in dungeon memes.

The truth is that there's nothing to mounted archery except having a mount.

Making Ride checks to steer a horse with your legs, but that's something having a war-trained mount and a good saddle can help mitigate.

Now you know why Halflings make for good Luring Cavaliers

The only real problems with it are the fact that you need an animal companion (otherwise your mount is made of tissue paper) and the fact that dungeon environments are often fairly tight corridors and rooms.

In open spaces, mounted archery is literally the best archery you can get.

obviously flying mount is best mobile weapon platform, but anything with a mountable animal companion (lewd or otherwise) laughs at ride checks

>mountable animal companion
...I suddenly have the urge to make an extremely inappropriate summoner-eidolon combo.

one of my favorite archetypes is the Winged Marauder Alchemist. It gets rid of absolutely nothing except mutagen (which you can take back as a discovery) and gives you either a dire bat or a giant vulture in exchange. It's incredible.

My group wants to switch to 5e and it just looks fucking awful. Where are the options? Everything is gone. It looks like a shell of a game. I don't want this at all. Should I just give up? Is this the end for me?

My brief experience with 5e was fairly fun. It still has some balance issues though so ultimately I don't see the reason to learn a new system

Try it. If you don't like it, say you don't like it, but give it a fair shake. If they don't want to switch back, find a new group.

Even their general is worse. Don't get me wrong, this you guys are awful with your ERPing and your weeaboo bullshit, but have you ever seen the 5e general? It's so fucking boring. They don't even talk about anything.

Its decent. I prefer Pathfinder, but 5E's survivable.

For an example, caster supremacy is even worse in 5e

How do you manage? Going from so many options to so little just doesn't compute for me. It's like the system wants you to play as the most generic vision of your class possible and if you don't then you're shit out of luck.

What ever happened to that Truenamer playtest?

I just checked. They don't even talk about the campaign settings.

I've spent the last half hour trying to come up with flavor text for my PF/Forgotten Realms game.

I want to get the PCs used to the system and out of Rusty Dagger Shanktown so they can start fighting mutant Sahaugin in not!Athens, but I also want to have immersion.

Having tried 5e, I have two issues
1) The way feats are done makes it feel like there's no trap feats. Which is good, but if you don't build in very specific ways there's no support for your playstyle. Unlike in PF, where if you want to do something that's suboptimal it's unlikely there's NO support for it.

2)
>Behold, the sword of kings, a weapon which grants the divine right to rule, Camelot Eternal. On its surface are inscribed the names of every ruler to wield the blade in the cause of righteousness and prosperity, and the mere appearance of the blade is said to herald the end of darkness and tyranny for a hundred years. Does this blade choose the next king, or does it appear before one with the proper qualifications? We may never know.
>So, what does it do mechanically?
>Oh, it's a +1 sword, and if your alignment ever shifts to something not LG it vanishes

Stop, stop. I can only get so depressed.

Feats are also 100% optional and are not a core mechanic

RUINED

Most of the 5e options, boring as they may be, are viable. There are really only two or three godawful choices (Four Elements Monk, core book Beastmaster Ranger without poison memes, your least favorite of Bladelock/Thief Rogue/Trickery Cleric for archetype abilities).

Most of the PF options, flavorful as they may be, suck dick. The Kineticist is a cruel joke, as are the Medium, Chained Monk and Rogue without heavy optimization or specific niche builds. Gunslinger is five levels long, Ranger is three, Swashbuckler is one. After level 10, if you don't have spells or an answer to spells, you might as well stop playing.

This is doubly true if no 3pp is allowed.

>Methwood

>The Meth flow.

Great, so I can be viable as long as I only want to play as Aragorn or Gandalf or Bilbo or whatever and if not then I might as well not play because those are the only options there are, viable or not.

I don't have the screen cap but Nothing in AA2 says the orc hornbow can't be used while mounted.
>Larger even than a longbow, these bows are often made from the horns of great beasts. Though they have a shorter range than other bows, their greater destructive power is highly favored by orcs and their kin. All hornbows are composite bows and can be modified to benefit from high Strength scores in the same way as other composite bows. Any effect that applies to both longbows and shortbows also applies to hornbows.

yup.

Why wouldn't you be able to use it mounted?

>Larger even than a longbow
>A longbow is too unwieldy to use while you are mounted

admittedly I didn't think composite longbows could be used mounted either.

Real life hornbows are literally cavalry bows so...

.I have a screencap.

when has Paizo's designs and ruling ever been based in reality?

That new chain weapon whatever is called is the closest thing we'll ever get to 3.5 Spiked chain.

Even then it still kind of sucks with the action expenditure bullshit.

My lord! The mongol horde approaches!

Real life hornbows are also the size of composite shortbows.

So the second session I'm running of Rebels went alright, the PCs have made decent progress in getting to know the important NPCs with them and clearing out the area below the coffeehouse was a process much more roundabout than the book probably thought it would be, but it worked out in the end. The Tengu sisters have been befriended and drafted, their crazy Dire Corby "sister" has been bound in rope by the Investigator, and will be his pet project as he attempts to rehabilitate her more rash and violent tendencies toward more... productive means as opposed to just killing her outright, and we'll start off the next session by getting into the Rebellion Point stuff.

Sanpkhang stacks with enchantments. Interesting. Pretty much an auto-buy for Toxicant/Eldritch Poisoner.

I want to play a shooty character but not a gunslinger or a bow guy. Is there any class that satisfies this role?

Kineticists seemed alright but I heard they suck.

What do you mean by shooty but not using a ranged weapon, expand.

3PP on the table? Psychic armory soul knife is crazy powerful

Friendly reminder that 2hu turned his Hell's Rebels game into ERP about boob expansion.

Okay, I know you're lying, but still: You what?

Beams and shit like the kineticist and that one dr strange vigilante archetype.

Yes it is, I am going to give that a look but in the meantime how about you spoonfeed me a little?

Also how about aegis, can that be built into a shooty guy?

how available is 3pp to you.

It shoots greatswords and is wisdom SAD, can archetype in maneuvers.

Basically it rapid fires greatswords and is wisdom SAD

Another top quality piece of content from DSP

Not a lie, ask Discord.

Sounds awesome. Please expand more about this soul knife.

Is there any int-based monk archetype?

Ask your GM to let you use the Kung Fu Genius feat from the old Dragon Magazine articles. Otherwise forget about it.

No

If 3pp is allowed, you might have to use a Vigilante (Stalker) or a Warder that specialize in Broken Blade.

Why do you want an Int-based Monk? We might be able to come up with an alternative.

Hey, I just thought of this idea: major complaint on 3.5/pf being caster supremacy, their strength could be curbed considerably by porting 5e concentration: any spell that has a duration requires concentration, you can only concentrate on 1 spell and while it doesn't take actions to concentrate, any damage/distraction requires concentration checks.

Now, since this is a really obvious idea, has any of you ever given it any deeper thought or perhaps actually tried introducing it? With how important buff stacking is the houserule would probably completely fuck with how the game plays, and I'm honestly curious about it.

>Why do you want an Int-based Monk? We might be able to come up with an alternative.
I'm thinking of a gestalt pair for an unarmed investigator who fights by casting FIST into enemy faces.

Now haste is fucking useless, good job.

That's the point, haste is insanely good, so now the spellcaster has to actually decide what's better: full party haste or blasting a cloudkill into the enemy crowd.

The result of this is that martials are worse than ever.

Fucking slowclap, love 5etards throwing 'oh this fixes it' solutions without understanding the core problem.

Off the top of my head, if you want an int-based punchman you could do:

Stalker (Vigilante) with Fool's Errand/Broken Blade. You can also take Prescient Dodger via a Stalker Art for Int to AC if SoP is in play.

Hedgewitch (Entropic Sage), though I don't know how effective the archetype actually is. Hedgewitch is pretty solid on its own, and the archetype only gives up one tradition.

You could probably finagle something with a Soulknife (Living Legend) and the Empowered Fist blade skill, but it would require a lot of investment.

Get a Cestus or some Brass Knuckles.

Or, you could use Slayer with the Natural Weapon combat style.

>Get a Cestus or some Brass Knuckles.
Wouldn't those disable Pummeling Charge, though?
Pummeling Charge is one of the main appealing things about unarmed fighting.

You should have said that you wanted that.

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pummeling-charge-combat/

You could make a Winding Path Renegade (Brawler), unless there's something else form the Monk abilities that you want.

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo-brawler-archetypes/winding-path-renegade-brawler-archetype/

Haste, Enlarge Person, etc. strengthens martials and weaken casters, using a spell from the caster. Now, the caster simply uses Quickened Black Tentacles, Cloudkill, and goes to sleep.

"Well no reason to buff my party now, lets just use the save or suck/dies that make caster supremacy a thing in the first place instead, also the ability to solve like every fucking problem with 15 minutes to study my book is completely uninhibited"

Spellcasters are in charge of control. All this accomplishes is making them incompetent at that, when the ability of casters to solve things in combat was never the problem, just like martials don't need a damage boost. The reason spellcasters are considered overpowered isn't because of their power but because of their versatility and ability to obselete items and party members. Why do you need a Rogue when you have Knock? Why do you need an Everburning Torch when Light on a coin moved with Mage Hand can be dismissed immediately and carries no evidence of being a torch? Why do you need climb checks when Levitate exists? Is there ever a real need for towels and extra sets of clothing when Prestidigitation makes washing machines and driers weep? The problem has never been their power in combat, but their ability to obselete others outside of it due to the versatility of the spells with creative (or non-creative) applications.

Any of those would be concentration, so it'd be only 1 spell. Martials wouldn't get guaranteed buffs so UMD and haste potions and the like would become god tier. Codzillas wouldn't be able to stack buffs, and even casting their best buff, if it's on themselves they risk losing it whenever they take damage. Also casters would get much more frail because no stoneskin, mirror image and so on unless they want to focus on survival.

I'm not trying to balance martials vs casters because that's fools errand. I want to make casters weaker and have some change to the game. Also
>Why do you need climb checks when Levitate exists?
with that houserule - climb would be handy if you want to keep concentrating on another, more useful spell.

>CodZilla
>A PF thing
Please stop talking things about things you don't have any idea about, holy fucking shit.
>I want to make casters weaker
In doing so you're making martials weaker and giving casters less reason to help their party than before

Once again, stop talking about things you have no idea about and do not understand. Go back to 5e.

>Monk squad
>All have armors

>because that's a fool's errand
Then what are you attempting to accomplish? Simply making them annoying to play, weakening the entire party (esp. to martials)? Taking away all the spells that make casters cool instead of lolfireball lolglitterdust, lolFtS, Blindness? You're not making any sense.

>climb would be handy if you want to keep concentrating on another
Like what? Concentration makes most spells that require it worthless rubbish. BT and Cloudkill are now solidly mediocre. It STILL doesn't solve the issue of 'save or be finished off by the fighter, who still feels like he's stuck mopping up the mess'.

>CoDzilla
CoDzilla doesn't exist in PF you retard, Clerics and Druids are solidly worse than Wizards and Arcanists, and Clerics in particular are worse than their fucking spontaneous version.

Is there a way of getting pounce by feats or by being human paladin?

No and no, you don't need pounce anyways.

Keep it up man, you're making the chink rage.

Why is that?

I play 3.5 mostly, since there's no 3.5 general I came to the second closest thing. And in the last game I ran druid buff stacking went to ridiculous levels.

Also I don't get why is everybody getting so angry about this, I literally stated in my first post that I didn't give any deep thought to the idea and asked for brainstorming and arguments you just go NO RETARD IT DOESN'T WORK!!! And I'm still unconvinced.

Because you're literally not talking about the same game you autistic retard

Fucks sake is it kawase AGAIN?

it's always the chink