Fire warning shot

>fire warning shot
>roll natural 1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So your shot went so wide that instead of demonstrating your killing intent they felt you demonstrated simply abysmal marksmanship?

Warning shots aren't meant to hit anyone anyway, so... god?

Your warning shot not only alerts them, but it comes close enough that they simply think you missed. Combat begins, you are caught flat-footed.

You fail to intimidate the target of your efforts. They continue, seemingly unfazed by your warning shot.

>warning shot
It's a gun, not an alarm.

>"your warning shot hits your ally"
>"roll damage"
>"you're going to need a few more dice, here you go"
Forgive me for firing such a deadly weapon. I never wanted this.

Your warning shot strikes the center orc straight in the throat, dropping him instantly. Impressed by your dazzling display or marksmanship, a massive orc pushes his way through the crowd and challenges you to an archery duel.

You seem to notice that this particular orc does not have a weapon himself, rather towing a very large ballista.

You should probably roll for initiative, but be warned, orcs hate nothing more than to see an honor-duel declined.

That's why failing a warning shot means you hit them square in the forehead, obviously.

>you fail to warn anyone

If I had a player crit-fail a warning shot, depending on where they were I'd either have the shot hit a civilian or if there are none nearby, do something embarrassing rather than intimidating. They accidentally shoot a light and shower themself in sparks and glass, or shoot a water line and get drenched, hit a power box and cause everything to go dark, etc.

>rolling for a warning shot

This.

>making your players roll for warning shots

>Roll to kill
>Nat20
>1s on damage

I'd have them roll but only for intimidation. You know, how effective the shot is at convincing them to stop.

"I roll to miss"
>roll 1
"You hit"

That's why your players won't make you the GM again.

Gun jams.

why would you roll to fire a warning shot?
it should be automatic

>gun jams once every 20 shots
man, nobody ever would use machineguns

But then why even take the shot in the first place if it's just a normal skill check?

The shot can enable intimidation from a greater distance. Also lore.

Also a situational modifier that your GM might decide to assign.

You assign a bonus obviously
A warning shot will be more threatening than bending, sweeping the air and shoo the enemy.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody

youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E

>what the fuck?
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>hahahah ahahahahaha hahahahaha

I'd say that sends the target into a coma.
Then they come back after th eBBEG is killed, a raging cyborg monstrosity hellbent on revenge against the ones who did it to him. No Vader.

Why the fuck are you rolling for a warning shot? Are you rolling because your character might fail to let go of the arrow slash pull the trigger? If so, what the fuck is so wrong with your character that this kind of failure might happen? Why did you bring this guy on an adventure? He should be safely cloistered in an asylum not gallivanting around the countryside waving about a weapon that he may or may not even know how to use.

Why do you even need to roll to fire a warning shot?

Does your GM make you roll to see if you don't choke to death while eating breakfast or strangle yourself while tying your shoelaces?

failure to intimidate, presumably

Why would you even roll for a warning shot?

S T E A L I N G

its intimidation you cuck

Obviously system dependent, but some systems have a misfire chance for their firearms. Rolling a 1 could mean a jam.