Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Primaris have what ? 2 or 3 units ? They'll never have their own codex! ChadBTFO! Edition

t. Marinelets circa 2 months ago.

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/16/codex-space-marines-your-first-lookgw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Roboute Guilliman
The thing is, in French, "guilis" is a custy word for tickles. So it sounds very silly.
As it does in English.

>palms weak, knees are sweaty
>theres dark energy in his aura already
>warp spaghetti

Hunhun wot da zoging zog iz dis boss ?

looks like som bitz from a mek boss

>top left

oh baby

iz just 30 skorchas for the Blu guyz boss.
Wot the zog we gonna do wiz dis..

Oh look another npcfag doing an unboxing, here's what happened the last one.

>HunHun muh squatlets will be better than Chads forever

>*GW release turbofucker dual wielding 2x Hellblaster pistol rapid fire 2*

But those look like Primaris bits

Alright anons, lets try this again. List a single of each

>Warlord Trait
>Strategem
>Faction Bonus
>Relic
>Psychic Power

you want your faction to get.

Thousand Sons:

>Vengeance of the Eons: Units within 6" of Warlord can use their All is Dust rule even against attacks with Damage characteristic other than 1
>Psychic Dominance: 2CP. Choose a Psyker. That Psyker can immediately try to manifest a Psychic power as if it was a Psychic phase.
>Thousand Sons: Each unit with Psyker keyword gets +1 to their Warp Charge roll. When Psyker suffers a Perils of The Warp, you can choose to remove a Thousand Sons unit within 3" instead.
>Key of the Silver Tower: One Use Heavy D6 S8 -3 3D 180" weapon. Number of shoots roll can be rerolled if users so desires.
>DOOMBOLT. WC7. 18" D3 Mortal Wounds, D6 if unit is Vehicle. If this spell slays a model, it rolls two dice and picks the highest for any Explodes or similar result.

what looks like primaris?
those flamers are tau, no primaris anywhere in sight

Can you guys rate my list?

[b]++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [100 PL, 1846pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Company Commander [3 PL, 39pts]:[/b] Plasma pistol, Power sword

[b]Tank Commander [13 PL, 249pts]:[/b] Lascannon, Multi-meltas
. Command Battle Tank: Battle Cannon

[b]+ Troops +[/b]

[b]Infantry Squad [3 PL, 52pts][/b]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
. Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

. 7x Guardsman

. 7x Guardsman

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Command Squad [3 PL, 51pts][/b]
. Veteran w/ Medi-pack: Medi-pack
. Veteran w/ Regimental Standard: Regimental Standard
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Veteran w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster

[b]Commissar [2 PL, 31pts]:[/b] Bolt pistol

[b]Master of Ordnance [2 PL, 38pts][/b]

[b]Platoon Commander [2 PL, 20pts]:[/b] Chainsword, Laspistol

[b]+ Heavy Support +[/b]

[b]Basilisks [12 PL, 216pts][/b]
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

[b]Hydras [12 PL, 246pts][/b]
. Hydra: Heavy Bolter
. Hydra: Heavy Bolter

[b]Leman Russ Battle Tanks [22 PL, 428pts][/b]
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Multi-meltas
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Multi-meltas

[b]+ Dedicated Transport +[/b]

[b]Chimera [5 PL, 93pts]:[/b] Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser

[b]++ Total: [100 PL, 1846pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]

Repostan for feedback

How is this not posted yet?

We see Apothecary, Chaplain, multiparts models (love that Inceptors helmets), and more!

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/16/codex-space-marines-your-first-lookgw-homepage-post-1/

>7 chapter tactics
>26 strategems
>14 warlord traits

wew

literraly just above

So after several purchases here and there I'm going to have a dozen of these cool guys in my hands soon.

What are the best ways to use them? My force is looking pretty light on melee at the moment, so that would be an option; alternately I could split them into smaller groups and send them out as flankers to try catch out vehicles and stray characters with blaster and heat lance fire I guess?

If I go for the big 12 bike blob I'm assuming Painbringer is the drug of choice for T5, 2W, +4Sv dethbiking, but are there any other contenders?

I honestly think they have gone too far with some of these designs.

>dual wielding plasma cannon iron chad with super jetpack

Holy fuck those helmets.

Love em.

>they shall be my finest warriors
>like clay I shall mould them
>picture is entirely chadmarines and no marinelets

PREORDER THIS WEEKEND!

Redemptors kill pilots as leviathans.

Super excited for this. Can't wait for CSM codex.

Y'all niggas seeing this?

>Potentially over 220+ wounds per turn
>1 bio-cannon can kill a warlord

Less wounds that the big titans i guess though, and he's pricey at 1800 points

So I guess once this releases we move on to nothing but Chaos previews.

The chaplain is a walking orgasm. Hot diddly damn he's sexy.

I don't really mind it, but then I always view 40k as a vaguely silly place when you start checking into the details. This isn't a bad thing, mind you.

the only problem is that 48" is literraly nothing on a 200"+ apocalypse board.

Told so a few days ago after a chat with my store owner that talked to the writers at Warhammer fest.

jetpack chads are the best thing.
Until we get the Overlord LoW Primaris Flyer of course

>landspeeder pilots
>assault marines
>devastators

Copypasting from previous thread.

Emperor's Children

>Warlord Traits
Sinuous and Beguiling: Enemies must reroll 6+ to hits against him

>Faction Bonus
Always attack first, same as the Daemonettes

>Relic
Lash of Endless Torments: SUser Ap-1 D1
Before attacking, roll a d3 for every 5 model in the targeted unit. This weapons does that many extra attacks.

>Psychic Power
Sensory Overload: Select an enemy unit within 18". Until the end of the turn, you may reroll any 1s to wound against that unit. You may reroll all failed to wounds roll when using Sonic Weapons.

I knew like a week or two ago? Saw it somewhere online, maybe here.

Or perhaps they have not gone far enough.

t. Nemesis Prime

>3.5 average shoots
>2.33 average hits

It sucks if there is not something with a lots of wounds to shoot down. Heck, i think that Magnus has good chance of dropping it down to 2/3s of its wounds before he gets squashed.

uhh except for all those assault marines, and land speeder pilots, and devastators, and the normal marine literally right in the foreground??? fuck dude at least look at the fucking picture before you bitch about it

Still fucking annoying that a Battalion detachment basically requires me to spunk 300 points on 3 squads of Intercessors

There's no way I'll be able to have enough flavour for every unit and still have points left for transports

I forgot to mention Strategems in the last thread. Which is weird, since that cast Psychic power Strategem is definitely my fav.

>niggas try to charge you
>spend 2CP to cast Warptime on yourself
>lmao just walk away from charge

Just get scouts, or regular tacts?

Macro 6, so 6 shots, so average 4 hits. It'll tear superheavies apart, but thats about it.

why do you want to field troops ? its literraly the worst choice everytime unless its

>Warlord Trait
Didn't Feel Like Coming Into Work Today - Replace the model with d6 orbital lance strikes a turn or better canticles I don't know.

I would absolutely not blob them, personally. I'd rather a squad of four or five get overkilled then my one large squad being wiped out from chained wounds and morale.

As for weapons, I dunno. Heat lances seem decent because of their speed, but alot of people don't like HL this edition- they do seem a bit overpriced.

?? its 12 shots theres 2 of them

Oh yeah, i thought that it's D6. But yeah it's brutal against big models, but it does little against small duders.
Alright, i'm actually retarded.

warlord has invulns and will shoot you from 180" away.

Don't field battalion just field two of the other detachments. Same HQ tax, and only lose 1 CP.

A combination of CP/stratagems and fluff?

I was meaning per gun, he thought that it was another shitty d6 shot gun rather than six shot.

Friendly reminder that shooty knights will still fuck it up.

The bend in this pic makes them look knock-kneed.

Just give me an Alpha Primus and let me kit them out as a literal walking blender.

>Dark Imperium
>"Maybe I'll make a unit of bolter primarines for fun for my chapter?"
>Reivers
>"Maybe a small unit of 'scout' primarines?"
>Aggressors
>mfw

>Shooting yourself in the foot so you can have CP and spend them on actually usefull unit
OR
>Only fielding awsome units and still have CP

hmmmm

When will we see the first Konrad Curze Batman conversion with that grappling hook?

That print is for ants user.

Does that Chappy have a leather jacket?

Nah m8 knights are shit

Nah, but he has black robes on black armor and it looks bloody glorioud. Of note is the absence of crozius in favour of a pimp cane. Shame, I like the crozius, but it seems very easy to change.

Does anyone know of a good mini to use for a Sister Famulous? Don't really care if it's GW, just want one to add some visual variety.

Good point user

tfw 1 lancer knight would btfo all those

>>Nah m8 knights are shit
Nah m8 Chaos knights with two Gatling guns are gold.

Think they're better used for melee or outriding shooty shooty?

Right, so Titan Princeps can handle a massive, far more destructive and powerful Machine Spirit in a Mars-pattern Titan while Marines can't handle a pissy little Dreadnought? Yet more proof of Mechanicus superiority.

You could get two preds and a Daemon Prince to buff them for same amount of points.

Plasma cannons are really powerful only makes sense to duel wield them.

Dark Angels

>The Hunt: All units within 6" of the Warlord or have the DEATHWING keyword may reroll all failled hit rolls against HERETIC ASTARTES
>For the Lion!: 2CP: For the rest of this turn up until the start of your next movement phase all units are treated as having the Unforgiven special rule
>All DARK ANGELS units get +1 leadership if the enemy has any models with the FALLEN keyword. In addition, all units with the DEATHWING keyword reroll all failed hit and wound rolls against FALLEN units and automatically pass all morale tests. All DARK ANGELS models carrying Plasma weapons of any sort may also negate any hit rolls of 1 when overcharging on a 4+
>Relic: Mace of Redemption: Sx3 AP-3 D3. Weapon upgrades to AP-4 D4 if the target has the FALLEN keyword. In addition, if an enemy unit takes any unsaved wounds from this weapon, they may only be activated in close combat after all other eligible units in the next Fight phase have been activated
>We already have Interromancy lol

Titans are piloted by a whole crew.

The knight is T8, has a 5+ inv, has 24 shots, and is more destructive in combat than the daemon prince.

The Princeps are literally slowly taken over and absorbed by their titan and some knights like the Acheron are extremely difficult to remain in control of because of how violent it's machine spirit is.

Marines are half-dead inside already.

Superiority in killing their own dudes

To all taufags in this thread, I got into an argument with the manager at my local gw about whether the riptide has a role it can perform that's worth taking it for during 8th. Was he right or is there no role a riptide can fill that nothing else can for cheaper and better

with the vengeance weapon batteries 'this unit may only target the closest visible enemy' rule, does that mean if the closest enemy is in melee, the gun is effectively inactive?

would that apply to characters too?

>Codex:Space Marines
>primaris marines as poster boys
top kek

That Chaplain is fucking perfect for DAngels. Please have an Interrogator variant please have an Interrogator variant PLEASE have an Interrogator variant...

Yes.

Yes.

Automatic targeting is hugely nerfed this edition. If the closest squad is in melee, and your automatic targeting weapon is not a pistol, he cannot shoot at all. If there is a character with them, not in combat, but half an inch behind the nearest guy in combat, you STILL cannot shoot, and cannot target the character.

It's really dumb how characters are immune to shooting so easily, but that's the way the rules are abstracted in 8E. He is "lost in the confusion".

Or just run it as one.

It implies the closest visible enemy you can shoot.

The rules don't work like that. Until it's FAQ'd, you can't shoot. You can't just say it implies something.

Yeah, that's the point. That's the other case where this kind of thing occurs, and it doesn't even always kill the Princeps. Titans are exponentially more angry than some random Dread and degeneration seems to be similar. Princeps>Marine.

Yeah, there are gun-servitors and Moderati and such, but the Princeps is the one marshalling the Machine Spirit - In Titanicus a a Titan is getting shot to hell and only the Princeps takes the link backlash severely.

True, but so are some Princeps. The Warlord Princeps in Forge of Mars is a distended head with atrophied limbs floating in a tank when outside the Titan, like a Dune Navigator.

How so? They certainly get more use out of having a massive damn Titan stomping around than just another anti-infantry Dreadnought, and unlike all the Marines they can often recover a Princeps from a downed Titan. Hence, superior mental prowess in our only dying because they were channelling a Warlord instead of some two-bit walking tank.

An Interrogator Primaris Chaplain? What would be the stats for that?

What was the name of that group of Historians Guilliman created?

I'm trying to update fluff on my Blood Ravens army.

No, just run it as a regular Interrogator Chaplain.

>If there is a character with them, not in combat, but half an inch behind the nearest guy in combat, you STILL cannot shoot, and cannot target the character.
Wait, if I had an army that was entirely characters and turn one I managed to charge one of them into combat, would everything that was closer to the character in combat only be able to shoot the character in combat?

I really like those alternate faceplates on the flying dudes.

My store plays RAI or RAW, I didn't think I was allowed to but my opponent let me shoot into combat with tarantulas anyway, so idk

They literally FAQ'd this already.

>tfw Crimson Fists player
>Didn't expect to get anything
>Get a unique relic and warlord trait
ILL TAKE IT

>Previous Chapter Tactics generally focused around specific units and weapons like Salamanders with flamers or Imperial Fists with bolter-armed Tactical Squads, but this time around, they’ll be benefitting every unit and every army build; the strength of the Space Marines is diversity, after all.
Inderesting.

Its the way you said it. They make a dreadnaught that kills the marine inside it. Mechanicus superiority.

Anyway i think you are missing the point its the radiation that kills them. Reread it.

Did he give them a new name or just their old title of Remeberancers back?

>the strength of the Space Marines is diversity

And LGBTQ+ rights.

same as a regular interrogator with an extra wound and attack

or just run it as a regular interrogator. Guess we'll have to wait for Codex DA to ind out if primaris marines have been accepted into the death/raven wing and inner circle