>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>LAST TIME ON /WIPG/:
>54330469

Other urls found in this thread:

ttcombat.com/collections/paint-racks
youtube.com/watch?v=75VcRTYpmEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's see those Death Guard you are working on /wip/

My game group is cool with me using the guy on the left as a daemon prince despite the size

Nice corrosion on his helmet horn.

Just popped out an Ayyar for Infinity after a rough time with the palette. Sometimes it's difficult to get a model to look good on its own and fit in with the rest of the force, especially when you're talking about skirmish games.

I'm creating some enforcers/militias/veterans/gangster of some kind as NPCs for DarkHeresy.
Starting with cultists, adding spare parts from Guardsmen and Marines.

Any suggestion for the colour scheme? It's mainly for urban areas (Hives and Imperial cities).

The front.

I find that's usually a problem if you try to copy the official schemes which have some really weird color combos going on.

Usually keeping it limited to less colors helps a lot.

I don't see that as much as the issue of keeping color ratios in order while still maintaining a coherent piece.

You see it a lot in official schemes when they decide something like "all armor must be blue" and then paint bright-ass blue knee pads on an otherwise desaturated model.

First time painting a marine. What do you think ? I wanted a quick tabletop painting, so I just went with a wash and a drybrush for the armor

First of my tzaangors from the silver tower box kinda finished, some overspills to clean up, base will be done later, etc

Any C&C welcomed

Why wouldn't you be able to do that? As long as you stick him on the proper base there shouldn't be any problem. Fluffwise the sizes of Daemon Princes are extremely varied.

FW sells large DPs that are that big. Avatar too.

Almost exactly what you would expect from a beginner doing a quick paint.
The right Bolter needs work, when you cut it off the sprue, you also need to tidy it, so one cannot see the mark, a good trick is making two snips (and not just twisting it out, which can cause that to happen).
Also, don't go overboard on the highlight on the bolter (it looks like you tried drybrushing with too much paint on the brush, which is understandable for a new guy)
Also, a few armour panels are not an even yellow, which is something you need to work on , as you will need the ability to paint evenly in everything (admittedly, you chose the certified hardest colour to start painting, yellow.
Now I look inside the helmet area and I see the cables are not painted, but are yellow. Nor are the lenses painted. These are important features of the model that add a lot of detail to your model and you should always try to paint them. I would recommend painting the harder to reach components separate, and then putting the model together and touching up the painting (feels a bit weird, but it helps so much). Finally, attention to what you're painting, such as the exposed bolt shells in the Magazines of the Bolters, or the soft armour joints in the elbows or legs, or the aforementioned pipes and lenses. Adding difference to the model makes it so much nicer to look at.
In short, keep improving, watch painting videos (Warhammer TV on youtube) and keep at it.
Tell you now, the base is looking fine.

Converting up the mini death guard kit. Because the champion in it looks shite. Need to smooth out some of the greenstuff on the champion and I managed to lose my only combi-plasma so I'm waiting for another to show up in the post.

Also making a homemade blight launcher, working off the principle that if all their bolt guns look different, their blight launchers ought to also. Need to greenstuff all the gaps and put a load of rivets on it but the shape is basically done.

Not sure I will ever use the model,. More of an exercise in building a gun, as it's something I've never tried before. If I did use it though it means once completed I'll have 2 plasma guys, 2 blight launcher guys and 2 combi-plasma champions.

doesn't look bad to me

Thanks for the feedback. What colour would you paint the lenses to have a nice contrast with red/yellow helmet ? I'll admit I was a bit bored towards the end so I rushed it a bit. I guess I really need to take my time.
Thanks for the compliment on the base that was the most fun I had (a shame basing is the very last step of painting a mini)

>What colour would you paint the lenses to have a nice contrast with red/yellow helmet ?
Not that user, but green is the way to go. It's how smurf sarges go, and how the BA and 1kS typically roll. Green n red work well together, but you gotta make it a vibrant, glassy green.

slick job, though having the chainmail under his pauldron "hanging" upwards triggers me a little bit

Got to wonder why they stuck another champion in the easy to build set. You'd think they'd just do three basic dudes to bulk the starter squad to 10-strong.

Am that user.
Go with green.
Either red or green lenses generally, and the helmet is red, so therefore green.

I'm in the same spot. Ordered some renegade conversion bits last week. I think I'll use greys, black and brown tones

They're comin

Finished a Heavy Destroyer, and wip on the vox relay. Both were a first attempt at lenses and the screen.
How can I make the screen seem more like there is writing on it? Up close they definitely look like brush strokes

What's the cloth recipe

Yeah I've cut some of the chainmail off for that reason, I may have to cut more of it.

I think the extra champion lets you build 2 5man units with the dark imperium set, but then once they bring out a standard box of 5 or 10 then it won't really work so well. It's the loadouts that frustrate me, but it's let me go wild with conversions at least.

EVERYBODY PAINTS. NO-ONE WASHES. IF YOU DON'T FINISH THAT SQUAD I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF. WELCOME TO THE /wipg/.

Veeky Forums's /wipg/!

HUARH!

Power weapons painting soon™
Now it's time for rest and dinner

Where did you get your paint racks, nigga?

He lazer cut them.
Pretty neat.

not him but but looks similar to

ttcombat.com/collections/paint-racks

Base Castellan green, wash Agrax, layer Castellan green, highlight 75%castellan + 25%Straken green, highlight 50% Castellan + 50% straken green, highlight 25% Castellan + 75%straken, highlight straken green

GCmini on Amazon. Gamecraft miniatures or something like that. Comes on a sprue, there's a guide on YouTube for assembly. They got different sized ones for valejo etc

Poxwalkers have been a blast so far.

Cloth would look better dark red / purplish red

Horns look good black to dark brown

Aight.

Love the weathering user. It looks a bit top heavy though

Can someone help me? I want to paint Pre Heresy Thousand Sons and I would like to use the Candy Apple red scheme. The problem is that I only have access to Citadel paints.

Would Retributor Armour + Spirit Stone Red + maybe a coat of Bloodletter work? Or is the gel paint not the right tool for the job?

I tried some suggestrion from earlier and it definitely looks 10 times better thanks /wip/

You can see where the paint clotted on the legs and hood. You're getting better, but you gotta make that paint even thinner. Don't get put off if the first layer looks watery and shitty, it's supposed to shine after 2-3.

Actually that happenned when I primed it, it wasn't all settled and I put it in my bag and it fucked it up

Just keep practicing man! Looks very good and I would say its better than most peoples models!

Ahh, so much better.
Bolters look so much nicer and you did the neck tubes.

some people use black sticks instead of the giant flying bases gw provides.

what are these black sticks called? what are they?

I'm assuming the black sticks are GW flying stands that people primed with black.

brass rod is a typical replacement

Can't do red or purple cause that's the colours im using for my nurgle mutationy stuff, I first tried it in a reddish leather scheme and it made the model too brown , I'm pretty happy with the green personally tho

That's an Ultraforge model on the left isn't it? Their daemons are sooo good.

brass rods huh

ill have to look into that. they look so much better than the plastic bases gw gives flyers

haven't done a ton of stuff since I last left off. Still need to finish the backpack.
I also intend to buy two of the "easy to build" kits, so I can convert them and tryo to make atleast one of the kits more "water-based"

Water-based? As in trying to translate Gutrot Spume's aesthetic to 40k? That could be pretty cool, but I think the tentacles in the Easy to Build box look too much like leeches and too little like octopus tentacles for that to be easy.

I mean, leeches and Octopi do live in the water, no?

Returned to working on an underwater thing. Gonna submerge it in a block of clear plastic

Did some edge highlighting and oh boy does it changes everything

Never been a good painted, but I have always super liked this paint scheme, so trying to get a good looking army going for once.

C&C welcome

looking ten times better mate.

Here are my flash gitz I'm currently working on. Bodies are old ork pirates from MicroArt Studio, I think the heads are MaxiMini? Arms were the actual flash git frames that I got cheap but they didn't fit the shoulders so I had to greenstuff longer sleeves.

Thoughts? criticisms?

Those edge highlights show some really good brush control. If you focus on getting the right consistency for your base colours then you'll be knocking out awesome stuff in no time.

It works well user. Those bases are really boring though

Been checking the links in the OP for proxies, while there's some interesting stuff around I'm at a loss for good eldar/dark eldar models.

I found the wargame exclusive warp spiders and they're really cool, only downside if I have to find one is the fact that they're all female, but I'm at a loss for alternatives. I have no idea how to order from ghost miniatures and I still have to find dark eldar models.

Just wanted to thank the user who suggested that I used a head with antlers for my Nurgle Sorcerer Lord. I think it looks great!

Hasslefree have a nice Eldar Farseer.

What are you looking for though? Or why?

That was me!
I think it looks great too! Nice job, user.

what do you need/want to proxy for DE? the whole range is pretty new, in contrast to eldar

To be honest the official stuff is good enough already, and some boxes are relatively cheap. I'm just looking around for alternatives. Wyches, incubi, even basic warriors...mainly the eldar part rather than the homunculi one. I want to see the options before buying anything.

For eldar my main gripe about the official models are obviously the spiders, I can live with two poses, but only if they're not boring as hell.

You can skip the clear rod holding the shark and just place it on top of correct water-layer?

I think you have to consider how color changes under water. I would suggest a blue-greenish wash, especially to dull the reds, and also you could try to replicate the effect of shadow and lights that water does

To be honest you are not gonna find a lot. Orks, Imperial Guard and Space Marines and to a lesser degree Chaos Marines are the biggest players for 3rd party or alternate stuff.
Aside from the wargames exclusive stuff, the single HF mini and the female scorpion that Chapterhouse did, but stopped after being sued by GW I can't really think of any alternative models.
The market for Eldar/Dark Eldar is smaller.

The only thing you could look at is Raging Heroes. They do some Dark Elves and I think they may have some of the models out as a sci-fi version too.

For the regular troop choices I can't say I've ever seen anything like what you are asking for.

If you have an issue with the Warpspiders you could always convert them.

For fantasy miniatures there are more offerings though. A dark elf miniature with a 40k weapon could pass as Dark Eldar without a problem most of the time. Maybe looking into that will yield more results.

Anyone know of any tutorials for painting a glowing skin tone? Think Glowing Ones from Fallout. I've watched glow tuts for weapons and such; I'm not sure how to translate that to skin. I've never played/painted anything from Warhammer but I really dig the Death Guard/Nurgle. I just want to paint up some dudes with bright yellow armor and glowing green skin/tentacle bits.

look up OSL but in reality if you have never painted anything before you should try to master the basics before tackling a special technique or you'll just waist your time and have nothing to show for it

So did some more work on alpha kranon. I washed him and touched up the trim with ironbreaker afterwards.
Also added the first coat for all the bone part.

I am just not quit sure how I should paint the cloak. Any ideas wich colours would work?

Naw, I've painted before (pic related), just nothing from Warhammer. Thanks though, I'll look that up.

The "trouble" with fantasy is that they often look too fantasy, but yeah, with some work they could get very nice and a DE plastic box should have more than enough bits. Like I said the real priority is getting different spiders since sadly they're also my favourite unit so I'd be happy to have better models for them, luckily they're the easy ones to replace.

I notice a tendancy for the pigment of the paint to flow into the crevices of my models, and be too watery. It could be that I thin them too much or not shake them up enough. How long do you shake up your paints before using them?

They sound too thinned. Try using a medium instead of water so not to alter the characteristics of the paint

I've posted my battlebois a couple times but here they are again.
I want them to look more crusade-y. Any ideas? I'd greenstuff some robes bit until I git gud with sculpting, I don't wanna frigg them up. Any ideas?

Sand? Freehand stuff?

Hey /wip/ I'm making some trees for terrain following this video (coconut fibre on armatures sprayed with adhesive then dunked in flock for people who dont wanna watch the video)

youtube.com/watch?v=75VcRTYpmEs

Only thing is idk how to seal them. First one I made I sprayed with the water-pva sealant but flock still comes loose. anyone know any other methods or any decent sealants for flock, static grass, grit etc?

What kind of snow is that? It looks so nice!

I use semen thinned with water. Unironically.

I've heard unscented hairspray gets used, but never tried it personally.

u wot?

Doesnt hairspray go tacky though?

Yeah they're gonna be on desert bases once I get the necessary materials. What kind of freehand? I was thinking of adding script and stuff to some armor bits of the characters/sgts

I was moslty thinking about scripts, yeah. Maybe those big engraved first letters you see on medieval manoscripts?

GW's Valhallan blizzard
actually very nice and easy to work with.

Do Yankees pinstripes + facepaint, Warriors style.

>the denmark marines

Well, Plague Marines get access too two special weapon squads above a certain threshhold so all you need to do is take two squads big enough, right?

Maltese, actually. That's why I'm trying to get them to look more crusade-y. Most people won't recognize the heraldry. unless I add some hospitaller heraldry, but then they'll end up looking too much like the black templar

How did you get it to fluff like that? Mine ends up as a white paste- I'd post a picture but I am out at the moment

Does anyone have a Squiggoth(smaller one) and an Araknarok they'd be willing to photograph next to each other

Also a Mawcrusha and Orkanaut

Thanks in advance!

The Tamiya clear red ( I'm guessing) in the teeth is horrifying. Good job.

>all those (you)less posts
Have a you, thank you for contributing into this thread. Your models are great.
I'd go with some kind of light blue

thanks. I think I need to sand down the fingerprints in the greenstuff, any tips?

Just put your fingers into water and gently stroke the green stuff

you grab a slightly bigger than normal ball of it with your sculpting tool or whatever you're using, and just smidgen it out at the edges.

ah but it's already dry