Will you be ready for normie season, Veeky Forums?

Will you be ready for normie season, Veeky Forums?

Today, after the Game of Thrones S7 premiere, every normie who's watched both Game of Thrones and Critical Role will want to run/play a "political intrigue game inspired by Game of Thrones!" in D&D 5e.

And it's going to be "just like Critical Role," down to the wacky hijinks on natural 1s and 20s.

You've seen these before, haven't you? How will you brace for them?

Veeky Forums's already full of dumb normalfags, redditards, tumblrniggers and other detritus. Nothing's gonna change, it's just going to the same shitty board it's been for the past few years.

So what exactly do you intend to do about it?

>normie
Well, you are already here, so nothing will change.

I will go and stay in my general, where there isn't lot of shit.

I don't "brace for it", I simply refuse to run/play it. You can refuse too, if you like.

>Hey user, I want a political intrigue game like GoT.
>Okay...
>In D&D 5E!

Fuck that, we playing Burning Wheel motherfucker.

Pretty much That aside, is Critical Role really that trendy? To be honest I never really even bothered to google the thing, but it seems it's something pretty popular around here as of late.

>I simply refuse to run/play it. You can refuse too, if you like.
Couldn't of said it better myself. Don't like it, don't do it

I dunno about the quality of the actual series or game they play, but the biggest issue is that it makes normies think a professional level of roleplay is the norm, which it isn't. And when it isn't what they were expecting, they burn out and quit.

Its biggest draw, and biggest flaw, is that it has big name voice actors, and people lap that shit up.

But user, I like normies.

I'd much rather play with an eager and socially competent normal person than some sprgy grog with an encyclopedic knowledge of bad Veeky Forums memes.

This
If you want the normies to become fa/tg/uys, you have to treat them like ones

Completely agree.
While I don't care for how Critical Role plays out, they are all professional actors and comedians, establishing a comedy brand for profit.
Any player who comes to my table talking about Critical Role has a short sit down talk about what to actually expect. That said, I'm runninf 2 campaigns, one 'serious RP only' and a more lighthearted 5e 'D&D with friends and fun'. My goal is to graduate the good players from the 5e group to the more serious group.

>Implying it's not the best board on this site
>Implying whining isn't the exact attitude that brings down any place with quality content

Doing the good work user.

This. Grogs have shit taste in games anyway

I don't run D&D games so I don't care.

says the basement dwelling neckbeard with no friend who's never actually played a traditional game in his life.

Impotently bitch, duh.

>socially competent
>he believes in the extreme 2009 memes

Play gurps you stupid shit

>political intrigue game inspired by Game of Thrones!" in D&D 5e.
>And it's going to be "just like Critical Role," down to the wacky hijinks on natural 1s and 20s.

How is this a bad thing OP? You're having the tards filter themselves out for you. The next best thing is them including "Don't invite me, I'm a fucking moron" in size 32 font at the bottom of their app.

>Today, after the Game of Thrones S7 premiere
Oh, fuck.
>when you will have to hear random people at work and on the street talking about this trash show and you can't shut them down
rage worthy

My cousin is a hardcore fan, but i gave him that listless look of "i really don't care and am barely listening to be polite" Often enough that he keeps it to a minimum.

It took far too long to get to that state though

Gee, I knew this thread looked familiar.
Dumb animeposters are a mistake.

This.

Now's the best time to run that pulpy sword & sorcery campaign you've I've always wanted to.

The shit players will automatically avoid it to play muh GoT low fantasy games, but the potential good ones will stick around for the gonzo pulp, or street-level apolitical games.

It's already been going on since Season 1, genius.

By statting up cool buildings and not giving a shit. How many floors do you think a proper space wizard tower should have? I'm thinking at least 6.

It's a yearly hassle, like tornado season or a plague of locusts.

Could we do something closer to Romance of Three Kingdoms instead with D&D?

Meh, the show's not bad. It may not be crazy good as much as people are saying but the acting in majority of the cases is solid, audiovisuals are good, plot while not as awesome as kids may think is also okay. I don't know about you but most people who dislike it and who aren't just hipsters who try to be contrarian or just annoyed by the hype are just folks who prefer some other work more.

You ever have that 12-year-old come up to you in the middle of a game of Commander and start blathering how the Pokemon TCG is better than Magic? That's what this post is. Someone has decided to make themselves an irritant by talking Shit about things they barely know anything about, which really only makes them look wet behind the ears, and new to the area.

3/10, would recommend OP spend more time lurking.

The first couple seasons were good, then the writers decided "You know all those cool aspects of the books people really like and are looking forward to? Fuck that let's make up our own shit"
>lol let's make Stanis a murderous retard
>lol let's cut out Lady Stoneheart because it's not like she's important at all

I only game with my friends so it's not a problem.

I don't play dnd so i dont care. Enjoy your normo flood

I suspect there's diversion partially because of all those plot elements people knew from the books - spoilers etc were a problem earlier. You're right that it may and sometimes does cause issues but even with shit that's there, I still consider the show entertaining.

what fucking general isn't full of shit? Its the other threads that have the potential of not being absolute trash, but generals are all full of the same shit.

>Will you be ready for normie season, Veeky Forums?
Who cares?
Or are you one of those socially retarded people who doesn't have his own group and obsessively cares about what the others are doing instead of actually playing?
Speck in the eye of the neighbour, stick in your own eye etc. etc.

>animeposters